Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 31, 2015 6:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mm, I think this episode did its job to go from start to finish with the preparation in the first half to the delivery in the second half. Not a fan of the CGI stuff but the song itself imo was actually catchy.

Not too shabby. The audience loved it though. Grats to Cyan's team!

The ending was kinda creepy.
May 31, 2015 7:43 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
At first, I was nervous for Plasmagica. The appeal for Criticrista was already strong especially with Rosia's deadly charm of attracting the audience. But Plasmagica's performance was truly great. I absolutely loved it, and they earned the win. When Rosia stood up from their seat while watching Plasmagica perform, it looked like that confirmed their loss..

Btw, I also noticed that Chuchu's eyes were having this.....dark aura when she was deep in negative thought. I don't want her to turn into one of those dark monsters, though. But in the preview, it showed Chuchu.....leaving the band??

Dagger was evil. But never expected him to be this kind of a creepy monster.... I'm worried for Criticrista now....
May 31, 2015 7:51 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Oh my god, this turned evil very fast. Horrifying.

What happened to Criticrista? :(

Also Chuchu had the dark eyes at some point...
May 31, 2015 7:57 AM

Apr 2015
Aw, poor Rosier. I admit, when she started crying I really felt sorry for her.

It seems us SB69 game fans will FINALLY be getting our Chuchu drama in the next episode. It's about time.
May 31, 2015 8:06 AM

May 2015
I AM SHAKING

I CAN'T

I CAN'T

FFFFFFJNASWUIy23785yhetouiqwyet

THIS IS NOT HAPPENING UGHHHH NOT EVEN CRICRI DESERVED THAT FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Not only that, we've predicted long ago that some Chuchu drama was going to happen. BUT OH HELL WE WEREN'T EXPECTING IT TO BE THIS PAINFUL.

ZekiraDrakeMay 31, 2015 8:09 AM
May 31, 2015 8:17 AM

Nov 2008
Criticrista, Nooooooooooooooooooooo

They'll be dark monsters or worse. Nothing deserves that kind of punishment.

I'm glad Plasmagica won but WTF ChuChu? hopefully she doesn't end up being a dark monster or evil either.

May 31, 2015 8:39 AM

Nov 2011
This show is too cute to be this creepy, dammit! I can understand Chuchu's feeling, but that Dagger... what he did... that was way too cruel! I hope Plasmagica will save Cricri and kick dagger's ass!

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
May 31, 2015 9:29 AM
Apr 2015
I didn't realise that Dagger was made by HP Lovecraft. This turned super creepy.
By the way, why were they so focused on smiling when their mouths are invisible/nonexistant while performing? Doesn't really make much sense. ANd what was with that weird pre-performance void in both the battle of the bands episodes?
May 31, 2015 9:38 AM

Apr 2015
Lizard_Buttock said:

By the way, why were they so focused on smiling when their mouths are invisible/nonexistant while performing? Doesn't really make much sense.

Myumons definitely have mouths, they just aren't visible.

Can't eat chips with no mouth. Or sing, for that matter.
May 31, 2015 9:43 AM

Sep 2013
Cri Cri got cocky and did the same song, shame :(

The new song was GOOD, perfect counter to cuteness.
May 31, 2015 9:45 AM

Apr 2015
ichii_1 said:
Cri Cri got cocky and did the same song, shame :(

The new song was GOOD, perfect counter to cuteness.

Yeah, it was kind of already know that Criticrista weren't getting a new song, the other song on their upcoming single is a B-side, not a second A-side. Also the B-sides aren't added to the game, which is a shame...
May 31, 2015 10:12 AM

Apr 2011
Finally Plasmagica won. Criticrista got overconfident and lose.

Well that was a creepy end for them. And Chuchu turning evil?
May 31, 2015 10:20 AM

Apr 2015
i thought Dagger was a snake at first but now he looks more like an alien
May 31, 2015 11:11 AM

Oct 2014
Great call by the producers not to use a new song for Criticrista, it would ruin the surprise for people who have not buy their product.

Fall in love with Moa's drum <3
Cyan's and Chuchu's guitar skill is normal, nothing special, the producers ought to exploit more the same way they did with Aion (Shingacimsonz) and Un (what is her band name again? I forgot)
Retoree does not stand out as much as Episode 3, but it's fine
But Moa... finally she shows what she's capable of <3

Chuchu drama finally confirmed
and that final scene, Tentacle Brainwash H-scene confirmed?
May 31, 2015 11:14 AM

Jan 2015
Creepy ending O.O
May 31, 2015 1:36 PM

Mar 2015
Rosia, so many death flags, stahp it girl!

Plasmagica's new song - I NEEEED IT!

And OMG, Yasuharu Takanashi's soundtrack is in full swing this episode! <3

That ending though? Dagger is one scary dude!
May 31, 2015 2:50 PM

Mar 2014
I really hope Criticrista will be alright before this show ends.
I loved everyones reaction when Dagger speaks at the end and how the atmosphere changes.
I like Dagger but I think he went a bit far with the verbal abuse.
Also, Ogasawara getting rekt at the end was awesome.
Powered by yuri.
Needless to say, I finish all anime I start, no matter my initial opinion, no matter how bad it gets, I WILL FINISH IT!
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/zunderdog24
May 31, 2015 2:54 PM
Jul 2018
Plasmagica won the match.

Dagger is one scary dude! I hope Criticrista will be alright!
May 31, 2015 8:17 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Anyone else think that the composer guy confined by Dagger is actually Strawberry Heart? I get the feeling they are the same people, or at least related somehow.

No matter how gloomy the mood is, SHINGANCRIMSONZ's appearance always makes it better. These guys are wacky as hell! XD

Criticrista's defeat was predictable. Not only they used the same song, but Plasmagica's new song sealed the deal. Felt a little bad for them when Dagger pierced them at the end. This show turned dark so quick.. :O

Above average episode. Chuchu is also showing some symptoms of being affected by Dark Monsters. She must have some suppressed negative feelings in her heart.

May 31, 2015 8:24 PM

Apr 2015
Vindstot said:
Anyone else think that the composer guy confined by Dagger is actually Strawberry Heart? I get the feeling they are the same people, or at least related somehow.

They're most likely the same person, yes. I feel like King probably doesn't actually support Dagger in what he's doing, and is using the guitar to contact Cyan so he can give her tips behind Dagger's back. But who knows, I could be wrong. I think that's likely the case though. Really no way to tell at this point considering game and anime canon are different. Us game fans really have no more of an idea as to what's going on than people who haven't played the game do. At least not in terms of the main storyline.

Vindstot said:
Chuchu is also showing some symptoms of being affected by Dark Monsters. She must have some suppressed negative feelings in her heart.

Chuchu is very ambitious and is using Plasmagica as a gateway to becoming a solo artist, that's her goal. In the game, at least. I'm assuming that's the case here too.
Jun 1, 2015 2:55 PM

Jan 2010
Daaaaaaaaaamn Dagger was so scary that it feels like he got in the wrong anime. He definitely belongs in a horror anime. The last time I felt such a creepy atmosphere was when I watched Another.
Jun 1, 2015 3:05 PM

Sep 2014
BeatlesPkmnFan42 said:
Vindstot said:

They're most likely the same person, yes. I feel like King probably doesn't actually support Dagger in what he's doing, and is using the guitar to contact Cyan so he can give her tips behind Dagger's back. But who knows, I could be wrong. I think that's likely the case though. Really no way to tell at this point considering game and anime canon are different. Us game fans really have no more of an idea as to what's going on than people who haven't played the game do. At least not in terms of the main storyline.

Vindstot said:
Chuchu is also showing some symptoms of being affected by Dark Monsters. She must have some suppressed negative feelings in her heart.

Chuchu is very ambitious and is using Plasmagica as a gateway to becoming a solo artist, that's her goal. In the game, at least. I'm assuming that's the case here too.

The music business is scary stuff.
Finally, an anime that shows that.
The sun is a deadly laser
Jun 1, 2015 4:14 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode, really liked Cyan's singing.
The ending was frightening.
Jun 1, 2015 6:39 PM

Jun 2013
Noooooo! What happened to CriCri? T___T My Rosia...
臭い-
Jun 1, 2015 10:56 PM

Jul 2012
Okay. Show by Rock is able to give me feels. What is this.

I don't mind CriCri but I dislike Rosier's attitude, even though she is only a middle school kid. But when it went well for Plasmagica and not for CriCri, I did not expect THAT ENDING. So many theories going on with their fates that... I just don't know.

I'm using the game (yes I started earlier last month) to remedy my sadness.

(Also sorry for the sig Cyan x Retoree fans!)

"Everyone go love Cyan!"
Jun 2, 2015 12:10 AM

Apr 2011
Heh, told ya they'd lose. Not only was that the only path forward, but Rosia was raising a flag every 2 seconds.... and then they popped up with the same song. Well, maybe Rosia can be a little less cocky after.. well, after she gets better.
Jun 2, 2015 2:37 PM

Oct 2011
Plasma new song <3 I WANT IT !!!!!!

CriCri NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ChuChu OMG
Jun 2, 2015 3:54 PM

Oct 2014
Wow, I really like the new Plasmagica song <3 And SHINGANCRIMSONZ were funny as usual X3

But damn, that ending was creepy OwO
Holy Madoka! The Yuri is strong here!

My Anime List
Jun 3, 2015 8:11 AM

Jun 2013
Great episode, probably best one yet, but where's my cute and cuddly Show By Rock!?
Jun 3, 2015 2:16 PM

Aug 2010
I just love this song. Loved it on the beach and love it more now :3
Definitely deserved win.

Dat ending tho :O
Jun 4, 2015 11:32 AM

Jun 2014
timerrabbit said:

Heathen!
Jun 4, 2015 3:18 PM

Dec 2010
Well this was an intense episode. Just like usual episode 9 usually kicks everything into gear for short shows like this one. I liked the song, and the CG was as gorgeous as ever.

I definitely enjoyed Rosie's tears after their loss, but Dagger revealing his true form was really creepy, and for some reason I'm sure there will be hentai of it soon, if not already.

Looks like Chuchu might have a bigger role to play in all of this, which is good because she's my least favorite, and frankly the most boring of the main characters. Also hope we get more Darudayu in the future!
Jun 5, 2015 2:59 AM

May 2015
timerrabbit said:

I don't know whether to give you a death stare or a pity stare. Because I'm a RetoCyan fan but I'm entertaining CyanRosier lately...
Jun 5, 2015 11:33 PM

Oct 2008
Plasmagica finally got it's revenge against Criticrista!
Looks like the next one getting in trouble (dark aura) is ChuChu.
Cyan (Inagawa Eri) not only a new VA and her very 1st role, but she has a natural talent at singing!
ShinganCrimsonZ motivating the girls. LOL at Yaiba's "Hence-..."!
Rom's advice is totally mature cool. No to superficial moves.
Cyan always cute moe spin spin spin!
Villain Dagger-san punished Criticrista!
5/5.

Jun 6, 2015 6:26 PM

Feb 2013
Not shocked that Plasmagica won...

Evil dude is a monster! Shocking end! (lolz at the size of his head)
Jun 14, 2015 1:57 AM

Jun 2015
Oh my god that cliffhanger !!!
I liked Plasma's song for this ep : )
I want to see an outfit change for them though I think chuchu was onto something there
Jun 18, 2015 10:54 AM

Dec 2011
When Rosia hugged Cyan-chan for the sake of intimidating her, I wanted to forcibly push her away from Cyan-chan shouting, "Get away from her!" I never liked the girl at the first place.

I was happy to see Plasmagica won the battle. However, when Criticrista was consumed by this monster Dagger, I realized that they were mere tools for his vile ambition all along. As much as I despise Rosia, I feel sorry for her situation. I wonder what will happen to Criticrista afterwards... ==
raidenwarriorJun 21, 2015 8:07 AM
Jun 21, 2015 5:38 AM

May 2010
I wasn't fond of Rosia so glad Criticrista lost. Liked Cyan's vocals this episode, Plasmagica is better than the fake band Criticrista is thanks to Rosia's immense influence.

The end was pretty dark tho.
Jul 3, 2015 6:32 AM

Nov 2011
Episode that takes up the thread of the story, starting from where you left off. Not bad storytelling that also shows the true face of Dagger and his infinite wickedness. Not bad comedy during the story, better designs than usual. Not bad performance of Plasmagica during the match against Criticrista.
Jul 5, 2015 4:22 AM

Jul 2009
Retoree was jealous! :D
Glad they won, it was such a beautiful song! Dagger is evil!
Jul 12, 2015 2:46 PM

May 2012
Pretty lovely performance and nice victory! That ending though.
Aug 11, 2016 8:59 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
Rom has always the best knowledge about the music scene. He knows the true value of bands.

Criticrista used their song the second time while Plasmagica made a new song for that battle.

Thats how they managed to win.

Unfortunately Dagger was not very happy about that and did attack them. What did happen to them ??

Chuchu has shown some kind of despair. What will happen to her in the next episode ??
CyanwasserstoffAug 19, 2016 5:40 AM
Jan 17, 2017 3:42 AM

Dec 2016
Has there been an episode in which Crow does not get a bloody nose?

I didn't really care for Rosia and her true attitude but the other 3 didn't deserve that.
Aug 26, 2017 5:35 PM

Jan 2010
Singing for darkness is fine, but Ailane not liking music was the thing that wasn't okay? So...if a great evil tried to take over the universe, but reeeaaally loved music, would that be not as objectionable?
Dec 10, 2019 1:10 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Yeah Plasmagica finally won !! Nice episode
Mar 29, 2021 3:49 PM

Jun 2016
Well done to Plasmagica for that win against Criticrista. Wasn't a bad song either, different from their first one, that's for sure. That ending tho. Dagger had such an intense aura. I thought that there was gonna be some kind of small joke with him, but nope, he's just an evil menace.

Highlight: Plasmagica's new song performance

Apr 17, 2021 10:53 AM

Nov 2013
Man, i'm glad these little bitches lost the battle. They are so disgustingly cute and rotten inside
Dec 1, 2021 8:12 AM

Feb 2020
I'm so happy for Plasmagica, but it also made me sad to see Rosia crying. Poor girl.. :´(

And Dagger is definitely not up to good. That ending was pretty scary.

Those frightened expressions on Retoree, ChuChu and Cyan's faces were so cute. xD

My favorite moment of the episode:
<3

And of course, it made Retoree a little jealous. x3

More topics from this board

Poll: » Show By Rock!! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LunyRem - Jun 21, 2015

87 by Chromatus »»
Mar 17, 1:07 PM

Poll: » Show By Rock!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2015

205 by WELLERM »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:46 AM

Poll: » Show By Rock!! Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2015

45 by ravioliqueen »»
Feb 14, 2023 5:42 PM

Poll: » Show By Rock!! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2015

51 by ravioliqueen »»
Feb 11, 2023 4:01 PM

Poll: » Show By Rock!! Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 10, 2015

49 by Muow »»
Aug 14, 2022 7:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.