Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 30, 2015 2:15 PM

Aug 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I feel so deceived to be honest. Before reading it I searched all over and when I saw the posts and tags on Mangaupdates, I decided to read it right away. I was expecting to see an age-gap romance but all they experienced is just unrequited love.

Anyways, it was an inspring story. It was realistic and I think there exists a positive message that how one should not give up on their life...
Oct 19, 2015 4:02 PM

Apr 2008
I really don't know what to make of the ending. It left me confused.
Oct 19, 2015 4:18 PM

Jul 2015
dreamingsamurai said:
I really don't know what to make of the ending. It left me confused.
This.

I just feel like huh?
Oct 20, 2015 9:59 PM

Sep 2007
This felt like Usgai Drop. It's going great, then they hit you with this shitty ending. (T_T)
I want my 6yrs back (−_−#)
Dec 24, 2015 8:08 PM

May 2013
Honestly, I don't understand. I thought in the end she would get with Shiro. It seemed like he liked her, but then the ending hits you with he wants her cousin???? What? He's never even met her cousin.
Jan 31, 2016 2:19 PM

Sep 2009
The ending left me a bit confused but I think I sort of get it now. Prepare for some long winded explanation!!!!

During the last chapter (30) when Bon-chan was on the date with Eita and Shiro rushed to see her in the movie theater, his inner monologue was him in major denial: "I would please like to ask you to not misunderstand. The only thing I am interested in is... It isn't this girl (bon-chan) It is this girl's cousin (Noni)!"

It's obvious that Shiro was trying to brush off the fact that he obviously has some sort of feelings for Bon-chan and trying to make himself think that the ONLY reason he is feeling that way(affection/love/jealousy) towards Bon-chan is because he wants to meet Noni, (he's a tsundere, guys. they act and say things that contradicts their emotions) but the way the mangaka drew that scene where Bon-chan turned around and smiled to Shiro (with the sparkle background) shows that Shiro is seeing our main heroine in a romantic light.

Also, those last few pages there you see Bon-chan's back, that was Shiro talking: "Though I am not sure, somehow.... huh?" and then "yup!" We are looking at Bon-chan in Shiro's perspective and he's basically saying that, "I don't know how it happened, but I think I like this girl. Yup, I do!"

Oh and don't worry, our little Bon-chan also thinks of Shiro in the same light, "Shiro at that moment looked kind of cute..."

TL;DR In the end, Shiro realizes his feelings for Bon-chan and they go meet Noni together. This is only the start to their blooming relationship.
Jul 9, 2016 5:02 AM

Jan 2013
A good manga, though waiting for the chapters to be available was incredibly frustrating. Looking at the score here, I'll probably say its a little bit underrated

The manga deals with the pain of unrequited love and first love and all (which I found to be much better than say, Hirunaka no Ryuusei). Also what's unique about this shoujo manga is that contrary to the vast majority, the main female lead was the most intriguing of the lot.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Feb 10, 2018 2:42 AM

Aug 2009
uzukii said:
The ending left me a bit confused but I think I sort of get it now. Prepare for some long winded explanation!!!!

During the last chapter (30) when Bon-chan was on the date with Eita and Shiro rushed to see her in the movie theater, his inner monologue was him in major denial: "I would please like to ask you to not misunderstand. The only thing I am interested in is... It isn't this girl (bon-chan) It is this girl's cousin (Noni)!"

It's obvious that Shiro was trying to brush off the fact that he obviously has some sort of feelings for Bon-chan and trying to make himself think that the ONLY reason he is feeling that way(affection/love/jealousy) towards Bon-chan is because he wants to meet Noni, (he's a tsundere, guys. they act and say things that contradicts their emotions) but the way the mangaka drew that scene where Bon-chan turned around and smiled to Shiro (with the sparkle background) shows that Shiro is seeing our main heroine in a romantic light.

Also, those last few pages there you see Bon-chan's back, that was Shiro talking: "Though I am not sure, somehow.... huh?" and then "yup!" We are looking at Bon-chan in Shiro's perspective and he's basically saying that, "I don't know how it happened, but I think I like this girl. Yup, I do!"

Oh and don't worry, our little Bon-chan also thinks of Shiro in the same light, "Shiro at that moment looked kind of cute..."

TL;DR In the end, Shiro realizes his feelings for Bon-chan and they go meet Noni together. This is only the start to their blooming relationship.

Yeah!! Totally agree with ur explanation here. This is what I felt and understood as I tried to reread again the last pages of the manga... You just said it exactly right what was on my mind! :-)

Though damn, I'm really hoping for more tsubomi and shiro romantic scenes! The ending was yes a happy one but a let down at the same time! It kept me drooling for their finally-they-are-a-couple-already- scenes!! (*´Д`)=з only to find out that that's it already...the mangaka wrapped it up. (∥ ̄■ ̄∥) thank goodness I have a vivid imagination, just have to go to dreamland and imagine them being happy and lovey-dovey...

Well, it's sad that the manga is underrated. Well, gonna check this mangaka's other work to ease my hurt heart..
May 1, 2018 7:01 AM
Jul 2018
nume-chan said:
Well, it's sad that the manga is underrated. Well, gonna check this mangaka's other work to ease my hurt heart..

So sad that Kiyoku Yawaku isn't fully scanlated. I was able to read it in French, and it is one of the best manga I ever read. Very, very compelling and powerful.

I just completed Cousin, and while it's the same art, the same pacing, the same composition, the same feel, the same storytelling, and thus a very good manga, it misses the deepness of Kiyoku.
Well Cousin is a rom-com while Kiyoku is a very serious drama about mourning, so it's normal.

But still, it sadden me that her works aren't more well known, she's definitely a good mangaka.
Nov 20, 2018 7:35 PM
Nov 2018
When I get to the ending, I did a double take, then checked and checked again. Huh?? You mean this manga wasn't missing a few pages? That's it??! I need more of a closure than what was served.
Apr 18, 2023 7:07 PM
May 2022
was a good manga, but the ending was so damn unsatisfying. it's like they forgot a couple chapters at home lmao

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cousin Chapter 29 Discussion

psyche-K - Apr 18, 2023

0 by psyche-K »»
Apr 18, 2023 7:04 PM

Poll: » Cousin Chapter 26 Discussion

psyche-K - Apr 18, 2023

0 by psyche-K »»
Apr 18, 2023 6:02 PM

Poll: » Cousin Chapter 23 Discussion

H_Erifu - May 29, 2015

1 by psyche-K »»
Apr 18, 2023 5:51 PM

Poll: » Cousin Chapter 21 Discussion

psyche-K - Apr 18, 2023

0 by psyche-K »»
Apr 18, 2023 5:47 PM

Poll: » Cousin Chapter 20 Discussion

Casura - Jul 27, 2013

4 by psyche-K »»
Apr 18, 2023 5:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.