Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 31, 2015 1:27 PM

Jan 2008
Nice teamwork in the first half, with everyone participating, even Hummer.

Zed is pretty cool and funny as well, and voiced by Midorikawa Hikaru, that's always a plus.

Zapp's master was such a troll, leaving Zed with them, but that means more funny moments with him and Zapp, then I'm all for it.

Pretty emotional second half. As suspected, William and Mary were given the same sadistic choice as Leo and Michella and William sacrificed his body, so now Blank is using it to blackmail White into getting Leo's eyes. Looks like Blank wants to trigger a second collapse and destroy the city and he came pretty close this episode.

The preview...three episodes left :(...so sad, just as it is getting interesting.
May 31, 2015 2:17 PM

Feb 2015
Really nice ep.
Just three more to go.
And i demand S2. Bones please!
xD
A true man never dies.
May 31, 2015 3:33 PM
Aug 2014
danieltortoisee said:
I'm going to be honest here: other than the fact that Black's other self wants Leo's eyes and the fact that Black and White starting calling themselves that because of their parents, this episode literally made no sense at all. Even by this show's standards, it was a whole lot of substance with no way to actually understand what was going on. Sure, the fight against the Blood Breed was pretty cool, but that new guy added nothing of value to the fight and could have been done without. Also, didn't Zapp destroy that egg form of the vampire's lower half last ep? Why was it back again? And what in the name of fuck were Aligura, Femt and Black's alternate self going on about. It was so pointlessly vague.

Hope the later eps explain what happened in this disastrous clusterfuck.

It was confusing but not a disastrous clusterfuck.

The Libra battle was a setup Black used to activate the Collapase.
Black:"In order for something to happen how much of something else do you think is necessary for me to do?".
Femt:" I'm not as capricious to think about every little thing."
Black then had that cryptic talk about how much his existence affect the world or how people wonder if what hey do has a meaning, and finished it by winning head and tails. He was acting bored and playing a game with Femt and Aligura. It was all a metaphor for the setup Black counted on to activate/break the seal of the hole of the collapse lying under the very building where Libra was fighting the vampire. Not sure if it was the fight or the Vampire or the clashing of powers/aura but the building reacted to it and in turn the hole. Black didn't have to lift a finger yet everything played into his hand.

Zed had a purpose. When he threw his trident at the Vampire it created a lot of blood threads around it. Later on, when Zap also threw his own thread, they both combined their 7th hell technique to burn the Vampire enough that Klaus could come in and seal him. The master wanted him to join Libra and having him show his abilities to Libra was the best way to go.

Zapp never destroyed that egg. No one could touch it or approach it because the eyes on it made the Vampire inside attack anything moving in the close vicinity. His master asked him to destroy all eyes at the same time to render it defenseless so people could approach it. You can even see Leo examining the egg up close to try and read the name of the Vampire inside. The lower half was never dead.
May 31, 2015 5:50 PM

Apr 2015
First half of the episode was quite eventful. Glad that Aligura appeared again despite it being only for a few minutes. The main plot is starting to unravel, but Black and White's past still seem eh. They lived in a pretty place, though.
May 31, 2015 6:27 PM

Dec 2010
Zed reminds me of Abe Sapien from Hellboy XD

The plot thickens..

3 episodes left :c I hope they don't rush it but the next one doesn't seem to be related to Black and White (but there might be parts of the whole episode dedicated to them).

NotJizzyHitler said:
They really should have just made the Z's longest day part a single episode with the white/black stuff being its own episode to follow. it was still fun as hell but breaking it up in the middle makes starting this ep feel really disconnected and doesnt have the same build up of crazy like most of the episode before have had

I actually agree. I had no idea what was going on in the first half of the episode so I had to rewatch the last few minutes of the previous one in order to understand it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 31, 2015 6:39 PM

Aug 2014
what the actual fuck did I even just watch?
May 31, 2015 6:51 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Intense first half the episode. It looked really great.

White is faced with an ultimatum. Her friend, or her brother. Harsh stuff. She and Black had a nice backstory though. You have to wonder if their parents are dead or not.

Hearing that there's only 3 episodes left makes me sad. I'm really enjoying this show.
May 31, 2015 8:28 PM
Jun 2014
i'm kind of curious about Klaus weapons, we see in this episode and last episode that he is wearing red-black glove on his right hand instead of the usual cross knuckle

is there any function for that glove?
May 31, 2015 8:56 PM

Sep 2011
Corwen said:
Zed reminds me of Abe Sapien from Hellboy XD

The plot thickens..

3 episodes left :c I hope they don't rush it but the next one doesn't seem to be related to Black and White (but there might be parts of the whole episode dedicated to them).

NotJizzyHitler said:
They really should have just made the Z's longest day part a single episode with the white/black stuff being its own episode to follow. it was still fun as hell but breaking it up in the middle makes starting this ep feel really disconnected and doesnt have the same build up of crazy like most of the episode before have had

I actually agree. I had no idea what was going on in the first half of the episode so I had to rewatch the last few minutes of the previous one in order to understand it.
it took me a couple minutes looking back on the episode after finishing it to really grasp what happened in the first half, and not the same way episodes like the last one made me take a second to piece together what black was up to but rather in the negative connotation of it should of been handled alot better and was needlessly convoluted.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 31, 2015 10:19 PM

May 2013
That Zed though. I can feel that him and Zap are gonna get along just fine. :)
Will White take Leo's eyes for her brother? Maybe, maybe not. But I sure would love to see that.
Woah. Black tears from Black himself. Now that was just astonishing.
May 31, 2015 11:58 PM

Jan 2013
The white and black storyline is pretty interesting. The other half was visually cool, but I kind of zoned out
Jun 1, 2015 3:15 AM

Apr 2013
I really like this anime, but god is it full of holes. Sometimes I feel like I started watching from the middle, like I have no idea what and why is some stuff happening

clickable▲
Jun 1, 2015 6:38 AM

Dec 2010
...looks like the cast is complete and we're getting closer to the climax
Jun 1, 2015 6:50 AM

Jun 2014
Well, this episode was the best so far for me. It's good to see some more into the vampire that is possessing Will or Black. I wonder though, why does he want Leo's eyes ? I believe it is so that he can see the barriers and destroy them, so that more bloodborn will come out. I really hope White doesn't do that Leo. Because I am 100 % sure that even if she takes Leo's eyes, that vampire will not leave.
Jun 1, 2015 9:30 AM

Mar 2015
Face expression is priceless.
Jun 1, 2015 10:56 AM

Dec 2013
So in the end Zapp was just a big side-chara for the episode so affectionately titles "Zed's Longest Day", jeez what a dumb troll.

And yes Zed also reminds me of Abe Sapien from Hellboy. Got the same Gill respirators too...

The second half was kinda confusing. Blank wants White to take Leo's eyes and then Blank will free Black? That was their deal when the KoD forcefully possessed Black? To steal Leo's big Blue Eyes????

Personally, I don't think he's gonna let Black go that easily. His name and MO are Despair afterall. I wouldn't be surprised if Black or White (or maybe both) end up biting the bullet in the end. They ARE anime-original characters, right?
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 1, 2015 2:32 PM

Jun 2013
Damn great.
Jun 2, 2015 3:38 AM

Jan 2013
Black looks like he's winning and I don't even know what he's planning besides obtaining a new pair of globes.

By the way, those two guys with him reminded me of the bear and the pirate doll from Shirobako.

A fish man, hm... it was hilarious when Zapp met him.

And for a second I thought that Klaus had info on Leo's sister.
Jun 2, 2015 5:39 AM

Dec 2009
Funny, touching. Great!!
(This will end in tears)
Jun 2, 2015 6:16 AM

Sep 2013
Dear god, what is wrong with Black. Has he gone mad or something? He wants Leo's eyes I guess..

This episode was the most serious one yet. It's clearly ramping up for a some kind of a finale now.
Jun 2, 2015 6:39 AM

Nov 2011
Ah! How I wish it would last much longer episodes. If it was already announced an upcoming season of this anime, I would not have complaints, but I have to protest because so far there is little or nothing in terms of history (except the fact that now there seems to be a goal, or kidnap the eyes of Leo etc etc ) and going at this rate will stay high and dry at the end of the TV series. Always beautiful episodes, dialogues with amazing scenery and crazy, but I want more characterization in the characters and even more plot. Excellent soundtrack, I love it.
Jun 2, 2015 7:46 AM

Jul 2008
This show could do no wrong with every episode, can't wait for the finale :D
Jun 2, 2015 1:43 PM

Jun 2013
well that was intense Zepp is a fucking troll man lol
Jun 2, 2015 3:26 PM
Jun 2013
Great episode but still vague as always, can someone explain to me what did Zapp mean by this "What's he, playing it backwards in fast-forward?"?
It would be a huge help, thanks in advance.
Jun 2, 2015 5:55 PM

Jul 2009
Man I love this show ... everyone working together at the beginning was SO AWESOME! Those blood powers are so epic. Not to mention Zed ... him and Zapp using the two elements (like their Master would) is pretty sweet. Then he got left with them LOL XD Guess that explains the episode title ... "Z" for both of them ;P
A bit more about Black and White ... so White has a deal with the vampire to get her brother back if he gets Leo's eyes huh? That's interesting ... and they're twins too! Some more backstory with their parents ... I guess that explains a bit :O Though I'm not gonna lie him acting all "mysterious" with the other vamps and talking about orchestrating this whole thing was pretty entertaining XD
Looking forward to see how this will all wrap up! Seems like they're all chasing a sushi lunch or something next episode? Hmm ... o_O
Jun 3, 2015 7:13 AM

Jan 2013
So sad that there are only 3 episodes left. All the random sub plots and all the interesting characters are just begging to make this anime longer.
Jun 4, 2015 1:14 AM

Oct 2009
Klaus said that they accept Leo as their comrade not only because of his eyes.
White ordered by King of Despair to get Leo's eyes.
Hmmm... So even Leo lost his eyes he is still part of the Libra.
Ah, and maybe that also will explain why in the 1st episode Leo always think that his life has no meaning in this world, and he feel a little wrong about that.
Don't like it? Just stop watching/reading it. Why become a masochist that keep going through something you don't like and bitching in the end of it?
Jun 4, 2015 2:39 PM

Dec 2010
Well the first half left me feeling confused, and I began to wonder if I had missed an episode some how. But I eventually figured it out, but it could have been done better. The second half was pretty great though. More development for Black and White, and we might be able to understand Black's endgame a bit more now... But one has to wonder what White is going to do, since she has a key part to play in all of this.

Also, Zed looks pretty cool, too bad he didn't get to do too much.
Jun 5, 2015 3:20 AM
May 2015
I really liked the second half of the episode, it adds more to the story but a few answers were provided, it only raised more questions.

I just wish Kekkai Sensen has 24 episodes instead of 13, there's so much more I wanted to learn about Jerusalem's Lot
Jun 5, 2015 10:49 AM

Oct 2008
Zed was also cool, another blood breed user master of wind, since master if flames is Renfro.
Also, he didn't anticipate that his master left him to be a part of Libra!
Only three episodes left but nothing plot seriousness that I see...
5/5.
matias067Jun 5, 2015 10:57 AM

Jun 5, 2015 12:58 PM
Dec 2012
Can anyone tell me what is the relation between the Blood Breed and the Vampires?
Jun 10, 2015 1:27 AM

May 2014
Harii said:
Finally, Zed appears <3

That scene with young Mary and Will accompanied by dat music was quite emotional. Poor White, that is one tough decision.

And only three episodes left... that is depressing as hell

So I'm not the only one who wish this has more episode...

Jun 10, 2015 11:16 PM
Sep 2014
Kuuhaku-Tan said:
Great episode but still vague as always, can someone explain to me what did Zapp mean by this "What's he, playing it backwards in fast-forward?"?
It would be a huge help, thanks in advance.

It probably regenerated so quickly it looked like some kind of video being played in reverse at a high speed. Bad translation there, I presume.
Jun 12, 2015 1:02 AM
Jul 2018
Awesome action this episode and a little bit more insight on Black and White.. since White knows the name she could help seal him.
Jun 14, 2015 3:36 AM

May 2015
half man and half fish, i remember to kisame
Jun 17, 2015 11:03 PM

Apr 2014
Man, they're really skimping out on the cinematography. Dunno if they don't have enough budget to do it or what, but this really sucks. Scene transitions and cinematography directing is like 40% of how good it was in the beginning of the series.

On the plus side: Zed <3
Jun 22, 2015 4:43 PM
Mar 2009
Ahh, so the Z was for Zed and not Zapp. I guess Zed got the worst half though, seeing as how he's now stuck with Zapp.

William and Mary's backstory was interesting. So that's why Mary gets along so well with Leo. I'm kind of expecting a self-sacrifice from her because the choice is going to be too hard on her. Though what their dad said to help William out whenever he strays might get her.
Jul 9, 2015 1:25 AM

Dec 2013
First half was cool. Fight was nice but damn I really enjoyed that 2nd half. Really enjoyed seeing a little backstory for the twins, Felt bad for poor White at the end :(
Jul 9, 2015 9:50 AM

Mar 2014
How the hell does Leo learn the Blood Breeds' names? With his eyes? I wish they would have explained that better </3
Jul 16, 2015 6:00 AM

Jul 2014
jreginald said:
How the hell does Leo learn the Blood Breeds' names? With his eyes? I wish they would have explained that better </3

it explained a few episodes back that if Leo uses his All Seeing God's Eyes to look at one of the thirteen Blood Breeed Kings, he can see their true name.
Aug 15, 2015 2:04 PM

Oct 2013
That fight was so all over the place it was a real chore to follow. Loved the second half though.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Sep 3, 2015 7:10 AM
Sep 2015
Barion-Zara said:
Quite the episode

So Black is William and White is Mary :3
Loved the talk with her dad. He seems like a nice guy. I wonder if he knew something will happen?

So The KoDs goal is to make White get Leo's eyes for him and then he'll return her brother? Will she really do it? Should be interesting.

The fight was cool. Nice teamwork. Zed seems like a pretty interesting character too. Another stellar VA to the cast too :O

Nxt ep we have the luckiest Man alive back XD

Remember when Black said that PSY (PSI, ESP? I can't recall) ? His father might have had the ability to see into the future...
Sep 12, 2015 4:39 AM

Jul 2013
That was awesome!

Such awesome fighting sequences and they finally got that one.

The ending was cute, finally know why they call themselves Black and White.

Zed was awesome, I liked Zap's reaction to him, the face then spit take lol. Then he literally rolled on the floor laughing lol. I thought at first he thought he was cool or weird but I didn't think he'd laugh. Yeah he was like Fishsticks from Hellboy (and I srsly call him that lol).

I can't believe he wants her to steal Leo's eyes, awww and she doesn't want to lose Leo as a friend.
Sep 14, 2015 5:28 PM
Oct 2011
Tlahuizcapante said:
Face expression is priceless.

LOL

You know I can't think of all of his reaction faces at the moment but somehow that also made me imagine Walter from Hellsing doing this reaction-face :D

Chuunichan said:
Harii said:
Finally, Zed appears <3

That scene with young Mary and Will accompanied by dat music was quite emotional. Poor White, that is one tough decision.

And only three episodes left... that is depressing as hell

So I'm not the only one who wish this has more episode...

I'm with you guys, love this show so much, I wish this were a 24 ep season. Really hope we get another season in the future after we get that last ep of the current season we're waiting for. :)
DangerMouseDMSep 14, 2015 5:38 PM
Sep 26, 2015 6:52 PM

Apr 2007
NotJizzyHitler said:
Definitely agree with this. I was really confused at first with "Z's Longest Day Part 1" across the screen in the middle of the episode, when the rest was Black/White story :v Zed seems like an amusing addition to the team though.

And on a side note, I'm glad I didn't fully pay attention to the characters in both the op and ed. Made it more fun to wait until now.
Oct 7, 2015 11:35 PM

Mar 2012
L-Ryoshi said:
So in the end Zapp was just a big side-chara for the episode so affectionately titles "Zed's Longest Day", jeez what a dumb troll.

And yes Zed also reminds me of Abe Sapien from Hellboy. Got the same Gill respirators too...

The second half was kinda confusing. Blank wants White to take Leo's eyes and then Blank will free Black? That was their deal when the KoD forcefully possessed Black? To steal Leo's big Blue Eyes????

Personally, I don't think he's gonna let Black go that easily. His name and MO are Despair afterall. I wouldn't be surprised if Black or White (or maybe both) end up biting the bullet in the end. They ARE anime-original characters, right?

Black and White are anime original? I didn't realize this anime was different from the manga (which I haven't read of course). Curious to know what made them decide to add these to characters.
Nov 15, 2015 12:26 PM
Dec 2014
I have no idea what's going on ;_;
Mar 10, 2016 8:01 AM

Feb 2014
So we finally see why Mary and William also use the names Black and White. Pretty stupid nicknames if you ask me.

This is also probably where Mary's love for her brother and Leo comes to the test. Is she gonna take Leo's eyes (ouch) and save her brother or will she warn Leo & Libra and likely leave her brother behind. I doubt the vampire will be feeling generous and let him live.
Mar 17, 2016 2:39 PM

May 2012
Superb episode! Looking forward to see what's next.
Mar 24, 2016 7:49 AM

Oct 2013
I thought this was a chaotic mess of an episode.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2015

258 by bucciest »»
Apr 20, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2015

345 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 21, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2015

197 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 18, 7:20 AM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2015

357 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 17, 7:57 AM

» Kekkai sensei OP and ED are true music to me. Thank you

DatajI - Mar 9

1 by LENDARIO_DS »»
Mar 13, 4:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.