Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 6, 2015 11:40 AM

Jul 2013
Eylandos said:
What a minute, are you people saying they used imagery and those dolphins to signify that Rin and Shirou had sex?

No they didn't.
Jun 6, 2015 11:41 AM

Feb 2015
GradationAir said:
Come on you guys are just being elitists. This episode is absolutely great, ufotable delivered.

You should really get on BloodRequeim level..will make more of an impact..just saying

Jan 2015
Then why fuck do they have dolphins and green flying shit around a naked Shirou?

What was the symbolism of all that?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Nov 2013
I don't understand how this is better than Shirou pulling UBW out of his ass.
You can even excuse it with the whole "he's absorbing knowledge and shit out of Archer".
Jun 6, 2015 11:43 AM

Aug 2014
I swear but the only good thing about this show is the OP turned to max volume.

May 2013
Eylandos said:
Then why fuck do they have dolphins and green flying shit around a naked Shirou?

No clue. Considering it's the exchange of bodily fluids, I'd have just used a blood transfer or something that would actually make sense. Heck, maybe just use it as an excuse to have them kiss or something. Now it's just weird and Rin being awkward for no real reason.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."

Apr 2011
It was A OK episode hopefully next week will be better

Jul 2013
Eylandos said:

The connection between Shirou and Rin being made.
Jun 6, 2015 11:45 AM

Dec 2014
laidellent said:
GradationAir said:
Come on you guys are just being elitists. This episode is absolutely great, ufotable delivered.

You should really get on BloodRequeim level..will make more of an impact..just saying

Why would I want or need to make an impact?
Jun 6, 2015 11:46 AM

Apr 2014
animenewsnetwork is going to rip this episode apart
Jun 6, 2015 11:47 AM

Sep 2009
And so, this time the have a green dolphins(?). Damn.
Jun 6, 2015 11:48 AM

Feb 2009
Eylandos said:
What a minute, are you people saying they used imagery and those dolphins to signify that Rin and Shirou had sex?
No.
The sex is in the original PC VN released back in 2004. This one, the 'dolphins', is from the 2007 PS2 version, Realta Nua.
Basically, the story changed how things went from the 18+ version to the all-ages version in this part. Ufotable went for the Realta Nua one.

Feb 2015
Moodie said:
animenewsnetwork is going to rip this episode apart

why though,Shirou got a power up due to Rin...women empowerment ftw!!

Jan 2015
I understand it is a connection between Rin and Shirou but why was Shirou naked is the mystery. The part where his magic circuits where being dosed in mana was great but the part after was just weird.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 6, 2015 11:49 AM

May 2013
Oh, subs were already out. So let's see the preview. Saber saying "With caster gone, you shouldn't be here" - So we'll see Assassin and Saber at least speaking. "We'll put an end to your Holy Grail right now!" - So we have at least a confrontation with Rin and Gil. "I'm not good enough to cut through his Noble Phantasms" - Shirou vs Gil's noble phantasms? And him being a nub. "You flithy sham. Learn firsthand the difference between counterfeits and the real thing!" - Gil being Gil. But is that a mistranslatin - shouldn't it be "Faker"? Anyway so Shirou vs Gil at least.

Yes, next episode should be around 5000 times better. But maybe they will all just talk and it will end before anyone fights. I'm half expecting that at this point.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Jun 6, 2015 11:50 AM
May 2014
I really enjoyed this episode, it was very fun to watch, best girl Rin was being best girl, Saber development is easily better than the VN UBW version of the novel, Shirou was pretty funny in this episode especially ''Idiot, don't be so rough on the pillows.'' Shinji finally fulfilled his wish, the flashbacks easily beat the pointless sex scene.

I understand why people dislike this episode but I really loved it. It wasn't one of my favorites but I found it as likable as any other episode.

8,5/10
Jun 6, 2015 11:51 AM

Jan 2013
ahahahaha the part where Rin talks german was horrid LOL. I guess the writer just randomly chose some german words, slapped'em together and called it a day. He should've at least double checked the grammar :D Also wtf is "heites wetter" xD Sieg im Freund, der auf eine Reise entfernt geht." ? Oh my god please don't use foreign languages if you are utterly incompetent

Pronounciation was utterly cringeworthy as well...but that's to be expected
Jun 6, 2015 11:51 AM

Aug 2013
^^^Gil has a wide variety of insults for faker Shirou.

Ugly
Stupid
Miserable fraud

I guess filthy sham is a new one.

Or maybe it's just miserable fraud ,but translated differently
Jun 6, 2015 11:52 AM

Aug 2014
The flashback was nice but the mutated dick worm dolphins where pretty shitty.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Jun 6, 2015 11:53 AM

Sep 2013

That is all

Jul 2013
Eylandos said:
I understand it is a connection between Rin and Shirou but why was Shirou naked is the mystery. The part where his magic circuits where being dosed in mana was great but the part after was just weird.

In "real" life, he only take off his t-shirt.
In his head, symbolism of him, his mind, anime do this a lot.

Aug 2014
TheNaturalPerm said:
ahahahaha the part where Rin talks german was horrid LOL. I guess the writer just randomly chose some german words, slapped'em together and called it a day.

Yes.

But grammar and actually meaning something in the language it is said is irrelevant to spell casting, I believe.
Jun 6, 2015 11:54 AM

Nov 2013
"No matter how skilled the warrior, they can't defeat war itself"

How much better does "they can't defeat an entire army by themselves" sound? Is this guy supposed to be a professional translator?

Aug 2014
Ufotable wasn't mature enough to fade to black or anything. They didn't even kiss ;_;

Sep 2013
TheNaturalPerm said:
ahahahaha the part where Rin talks german was horrid LOL. I guess the writer just randomly chose some german words, slapped'em together and called it a day. He should've at least double checked the grammar :D Also wtf is "heites wetter" xD Sieg im Freund, der auf eine Reise entfernt geht." ? Oh my god please don't use foreign languages if you are utterly incompetent

She meant "heiteres Wetter" probably. In Realta Nua, she is actually speaking Japanese. Yes, the German was there too and it's awful (even though it doesn't matter) and I was glad the game didn't make Ueda speak that horrible German. Well, actually there were voice files, but they weren't used.
Jun 6, 2015 11:55 AM

Jul 2014
took off my pants for nothing
Jun 6, 2015 11:56 AM

Aug 2014
Lollo36 said:
I don't understand how this is better than Shirou pulling UBW out of his ass.
You can even excuse it with the whole "he's absorbing knowledge and shit out of Archer".

Not nearly enough mana to cast it.

Aug 2013
Lollo36 said:

How much better does "they can't defeat an entire army by themselves" sound? Is this guy supposed to be a professional translator?

Nah that sounds 250% cooler

Besides your version is simply not true.Anti-army NPs are a thing after all.

May 2013
black1blade said:

Oh so -that- is what they resembled. I thought that it was more like a tadpole/polliwog/porwigle but that does make more sense.
Jun 6, 2015 11:57 AM

Jul 2013
ijuka said:
Oh, subs were already out.

There's picture of next episode:
Jun 6, 2015 11:58 AM

Feb 2009
Lollo36 said:

They were saying "sensou(戦争)" which is war. They're doing their job properly. Blame the original Japanese script.
Jun 6, 2015 11:58 AM

May 2013
DamnThatsTheSpot said:
Lollo36 said:

Nah that sounds 250% cooler

Besides your version is simply not true.Anti-army NPs are a thing after all.

They aren't really anti-army, though. It's just a term used for AoE.

Oh those pictures. Assassin sure loves those steps.
Jun 6, 2015 12:00 PM

Aug 2013
ijuka said:

No it's a term used for NPs that are meant for busting up armies.

You know,like the name implies
Jun 6, 2015 12:01 PM

Aug 2014
ijuka said:
black1blade said:

Oh so -that- is what they resembled. I thought that it was more like a tadpole/polliwog/porwigle but that does make more sense.

I bet that is what zouken's sperm look like.

Jun 6, 2015 12:02 PM

May 2013
DamnThatsTheSpot said:
ijuka said:

No it's a term used for NPs that are meant for busting up armies.

You know,like the name implies

Anti-Castle NPs are meant for destroying castles? So it only works in 1 place in this setting? Gae Bolg's max targets is 50, an army has only 50 soldiers? It's just the lowest tier of AoE.
Jun 6, 2015 12:03 PM

Mar 2015
Felt like i was watching a science documentary watching that bacteria float around

Jan 2015
TheNaturalPerm said:

what's up with anime's boner for germany anyways?...i swear, 90% of every non-japan anime setting i've seen so far are in a pseudo-germanic country and/or speaking some bastardized version of deutsch

Aug 2013
ijuka said:

Anti-Castle NPs are meant for destroying castles? Gae Bolg's max targets is 50, an army has only 50 soldiers? It's just the lowest tier of AoE.

Yes they are?

Why are you taking Nasu's numbers seriously?

Ea has a maximum target of 1000.Remember what it did to that one dude's army in F/Z?

Aug 2014
Yeah, are you saying Excalibur couldn't destroy a castle?

Also given GB shatters 7 fortress walls of Rho Aias, the maximum targets thing is probably not accounting for....something.
Jun 6, 2015 12:04 PM

Nov 2012
TheNaturalPerm said:

it was pretty awful yeah, but that is to be expected from foreign languages in anime... i got a good laugh out of it at least.
Jun 6, 2015 12:06 PM

Jan 2015
Pretty good down time episode. Needed some light atmosphere for what's to come imo.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jun 6, 2015 12:06 PM

Mar 2014
Now now ufo, what is this?

No defensless anuses? No dolphins? Just frogs? I am very disappointed
IceTaKu said:
what's up with anime's boner for germany anyways?...i swear, 90% of every non-japan anime setting i've seen so far are in a pseudo-germanic country and/or speaking some bastardized version of deutsch
They were best buddies during WW2
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jun 6, 2015 12:07 PM

Jan 2015
Comic_Sans said:

IceTaKu said:

....is that seriously the only reason? o_O
Jun 6, 2015 12:07 PM

May 2013
Insertanamehere said:
Yeah, are you saying Excalibur couldn't destroy a castle?

Also given GB shatters 7 fortress walls of Rho Aias, the maximum targets thing is probably not accounting for....something.

It can destroy things that aren't castle. It's the second tier of AoE but just because it's called anti-castle doesn't mean it can't be used against armies... more effectively than anti-army NPs(because it's a tier up)...
Jun 6, 2015 12:08 PM

Mar 2014
IceTaKu said:
Comic_Sans said:

I can't think of any other reasons. Can you?
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained

Nov 2012
IceTaKu said:

nah, it's also mainly because germany is awesome af

Jan 2015
Comic_Sans said:
IceTaKu said:

I can't think of any other reasons. Can you?

nope, that's why i was asking :D

silverwalls said:
IceTaKu said:

nah, it's also mainly because germany is awesome af

also true :)
Jun 6, 2015 12:09 PM

Aug 2013
ijuka said:

It can destroy things that aren't castle. It's the second tier of AoE but just because it's called anti-castle doesn't mean it can't be used against armies... more effectively than anti-army NPs(because it's a tier up)...

Just because it's meant to be effective against one specific thing doesn't mean it can't be used against anything else.

Also your theory is wrong because both Excalibur and Ea have the same number of maximum targets-1000.
Jun 6, 2015 12:10 PM

May 2013
I'll just spoiler the whole thing then
ijukaJun 6, 2015 12:13 PM
Jun 6, 2015 12:10 PM

Sep 2014
Insertanamehere said:
Yeah, are you saying *********couldn't destroy a castle?

It can destroy a mountain. As well as TYPES. HAHAHHA

And, wow, spoilahs.
The sun is a deadly laser
Pages (20) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1557 by Swatheesh123 »»
Apr 9, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 13, 2015

1574 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 17, 2015

1448 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:40 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 9, 2015

1316 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:35 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1282 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 16, 7:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.