Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
May 30, 2015 3:56 PM

Aug 2013
May 30, 2015 5:24 PM

May 2014
Pretty neat episode. Sweet new ability! He just gets more badass every episode, yeesh. I don't want him to turn into a Kirito Gary Stu. Let him have his flaws! Welf seems pretty awesome. I like his standards and the way he sees things.
May 30, 2015 5:54 PM

Jan 2010
I really like this series so far, It's such a shame this series is only 13 episodes!
May 30, 2015 6:13 PM

Apr 2015
SkyTate said:
Lol Burning Fighting Fighter. What's next? Dark Flame Master?.
SmallDangerMay 30, 2015 6:19 PM
May 30, 2015 8:29 PM

Aug 2013
I kind of hope they throw all of the events from vol.04 into an OVA. Just to include Welf's background and the Banquet, and the scenes with Bell consulting people before leveling up.
May 30, 2015 11:06 PM

Aug 2013
Okay, now Bell is getting cheated, really. A skill that can kill your opponent in one shot? At what frequency? It's waaaay too OP. I hope it doesn't work on boss...

Welf seem like a cool guy. He's having somekind of shady secret, but that's a must have if you want to integrate a MC team. Or maybe he just don't want to talk about the trouble creating magical item gave him, which is understandable.

Little Rookie is a nice nickname. I agree with Hestia, it's better than a chuuni fantasy that he would regret later :P

He already has a special forged knife, so why would he need a second? Maybe it's because he will dual-wield them and go full thief while Welf will become a tank. Ohhh, it all make sense now...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
May 31, 2015 12:21 AM

Aug 2014
New character seems cool so far.
May 31, 2015 1:55 AM

Jan 2014
This was great. Finally a nice party!
Welf is great. I didn't expect him to be so nice.
And 'Little Rookie' hahaha
May 31, 2015 10:37 AM

Apr 2011
Great episode.

Wishing for more action next week.

May 31, 2015 12:38 PM

Aug 2010
DesuTronic said:
Is the upgrade for the fire-bolt like a temporary thing or will he have it permanently? Because damn that firepower.

[url]http://i.imgur.com/uZDrXta.png[/url]

w/o knowing the details from the source, I daresay it was a proc from his new skill. Not sure what exactly causes this proc though.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
May 31, 2015 1:41 PM
Jul 2018
We finally know all 4 main characters. I like this crozzo dude. He's nice and made a badass dagger for Bell. :)
Bell is so overpowered at the moment. He's well on his way to become one of the best heroes ever. Aiz is so cute. She's completely drawn to Bell. :3
May 31, 2015 3:33 PM

Jul 2013
zerorequiem_ said:
I like the new guy.

+1 for Welf Crozzo
May 31, 2015 10:34 PM
Jan 2013
MZdesu said:
zerorequiem_ said:
I like the new guy.

+1 for Welf Crozzo

Its rare to see other main characters that are male treated with some respect in a harem anime.

He ain't that useless red armor guy from sao.

May 31, 2015 11:07 PM

Sep 2014
Takemikazuchi, Mikoto... these guys are Muv Luv fans, right? lol
May 31, 2015 11:40 PM

Nov 2011
So Kirito just got another overpowered skill, what else is new?

Jun 1, 2015 4:27 AM

Jun 2014
Again, it was a very good episode. I am happy I didn't get to see Freya because she is getting on my nerves everytime they show her. It was a good development for Bell, this skill Argonaut will be quite handy, when he is in a tough spot. I like Welf a lot, Bell has a strong partner now, and he may get new equipment by the end of the series. It ended really good, and we also got to know why Welf doesn't make magic items which was a nice touch.
Jun 1, 2015 9:42 AM

Apr 2013
FlamepriesT said:

I hpe you realize that Muv Luv has nothing to do with the origin of both those names, seriously... :/
Jun 1, 2015 1:02 PM

Sep 2014
Nice title Bell haha xD.
And another companion ^_^, I really like Welf's character.
Pretty overpowered that Argonaut skill.
Lili a bit jealous ofc :3
Those names lol Mino-tan Ushiwakamaru ^^
Looking forward to the next episode.
Jun 1, 2015 2:25 PM

Sep 2012
Zefyris said:
Actually, there's a story behind that name.

Hestia is super happy to have gotten that one for a reason, although she needed the help of Freiya for this. Without Freiya, Bell would have had a chuu2 name.
Well, Bell is 14 years old so a chuu2 name was what he was hopping for though (but the gods are trembling in fear at the idea of such names). Most level 2 have chuu2 names actually, except for powerful familia.

But the assembly was completely skipped so there's no way it's understood.

What's a "chuu2" name?

"It's a conversation through instruments. A miracle that creates harmony. In that moment, music transcends words." - Miyazono Kaori
"Laziness is the mother of all bad habits. But ultimately she is a mother and we should respect her." - Nara Shikamaru
"You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things... Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest." - Orihara Izaya
Jun 1, 2015 2:28 PM

Apr 2015
genesic123 said:
MZdesu said:

+1 for Welf Crozzo

Its rare to see other main characters that are male treated with some respect in a harem anime.

He ain't that useless red armor guy from sao.

Klein ain't a blacksmith. He is best friend.
#CHEXIT
Jun 1, 2015 2:58 PM

Oct 2010
Just watched 9 eps in 2 days, the regrets. Now I have to wait 4 weeks for the last 4 eps. This is anime is pretty gud, it's like SAO but way better.
Jun 1, 2015 4:26 PM

Sep 2014
Zefyris said:
FlamepriesT said:

I hpe you realize that Muv Luv has nothing to do with the origin of both those names, seriously... :/

I guess you haven't read the visual novel, otherwise you'd probably understand what I meant.

It's impossible not to remember MLA when you hear both names, especially when they're just 5 seconds apart or something. Just the first one makes you remember MLA immediately. And the name of one of the main characters being mentioned right afterwards is a pretty big coincidence.

And that's pretty much all I meant.
Jun 1, 2015 8:42 PM

Apr 2011
Main character has his own loli backpack and crafter.

now all that's left is a healer, a mage, a ranged fighter and maybe a tank... wait never mind that's an anime not an mmorpg... or is it ?
Jun 1, 2015 11:19 PM

Jul 2008
blacksmith = red haired ichigo
Jun 2, 2015 9:04 AM

Apr 2013
FlamepriesT said:
Zefyris said:

I guess you haven't read the visual novel, otherwise you'd probably understand what I meant.

It's impossible not to remember MLA when you hear both names, especially when they're just 5 seconds apart or something. Just the first one makes you remember MLA immediately. And the name of one of the main characters being mentioned right afterwards is a pretty big coincidence.

And that's pretty much all I meant.

That's exactly as incorrect as saying that a novel like Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon who has "Sarutobi" and "Kirigakure", "saizou" and so on together is "inspired by Naruto". If you think that kind of thing is correct, you should ask yourself from where those names came from to begin with.

First of all, the mikoto from muv luv and the mikoto from danmachi aren't written the same. Second, the name "mikoto" (not written the same again) is often associated with gods since it can designs lors and gods, and takemikaduchi is a GOD in japanese folklore. You can design takemikaduchi as "Takemikaduchi no Mikoto" just fine, in fact. In danmachi, lots of familia members have name or surname in relation with gods, and several times in relation with gods they serve.

While Mikoto is also a first name, there is nothing surprising to see that choice of name for one of the familia members of a Japanese god in Danmachi. There is absolutely no reason to involve muv luv here. Danmachi keeps using references from several mythology, so why would you involve a game rather than mythology here as a reference?

And that is pretty much all I mean, too. If we're talking about japanese god like takemikaduchi, then the first "mikoto" coming to mind isn't from muv luv. It's from Takemikaduchi no mikoto". Nothing more, nothing less.
ZefyrisJun 2, 2015 9:09 AM
Jun 2, 2015 2:03 PM

Sep 2014
Zefyris said:
That's exactly as incorrect as saying that a novel like Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon who has "Sarutobi" and "Kirigakure", "saizou" and so on together is "inspired by Naruto". If you think that kind of thing is correct, you should ask yourself from where those names came from to begin with.

First of all, the mikoto from muv luv and the mikoto from danmachi aren't written the same. Second, the name "mikoto" (not written the same again) is often associated with gods since it can designs lors and gods, and takemikaduchi is a GOD in japanese folklore. You can design takemikaduchi as "Takemikaduchi no Mikoto" just fine, in fact. In danmachi, lots of familia members have name or surname in relation with gods, and several times in relation with gods they serve.

While Mikoto is also a first name, there is nothing surprising to see that choice of name for one of the familia members of a Japanese god in Danmachi. There is absolutely no reason to involve muv luv here. Danmachi keeps using references from several mythology, so why would you involve a game rather than mythology here as a reference?

And that is pretty much all I mean, too. If we're talking about japanese god like takemikaduchi, then the first "mikoto" coming to mind isn't from muv luv. It's from Takemikaduchi no mikoto". Nothing more, nothing less.

I don't know why you think I'd care about all of those things. All I meant was that seeing both names like that was an interesting coincidence to me, because it reminds me of the story. I'm not trying to argue at all.

The origin of these words, the spelling, the meaning... these details don't change that reaction. Whether MLA was a source of inspiration was never my point in the first place. I just wanted to share the fact that I was reminded of one of my favorite stories.

Seeing someone else have a similar reaction would be fun. Getting my post dissected for no apparent reason... not very pleasant. I mean, if you want to share something you find interesting, sure go ahead. But I'm not even arguing about anything and in spite of that you're still trying to prove me wrong...
Jun 2, 2015 2:23 PM

Apr 2013
That's quite different from what you said the first time. You said "they're muv luv fans". I simply told you that it doesn't come from here. If this reminds you good memories from that VN, why not? I'm just kindly explaining to you where those names came from in Danmachi, since we're in a danmachi thread, minds you.
Too bad for you if receiving serious answers to your comments is enough for you to get displeased.
Jun 2, 2015 3:00 PM

Jun 2013
why is she hiding his power level of him?
Jun 2, 2015 5:10 PM

Sep 2014
Zefyris said:
That's quite different from what you said the first time. You said "they're muv luv fans". I simply told you that it doesn't come from here. If this reminds you good memories from that VN, why not? I'm just kindly explaining to you where those names came from in Danmachi, since we're in a danmachi thread, minds you.
Too bad for you if receiving serious answers to your comments is enough for you to get displeased.
Yes, it is different from what I wrote if you take it literally. But no, it's not different from what I actually meant at all.

I didn't mean what I said literally in my first post. But since you took it that way, I decided to reply to make things clear. That's all good, we all misinterpret things sometimes. However, having to explain yourself yet again when somebody tells you to your face you're incorrect and begins to lecture you isn't pleasant to anyone.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, try and listen to understand a little more if you see somebody is attempting to explain what he or she meant. Unfortunately, what a lot of people do nowadays is make a whole bunch of assumptions as they listen just to "argue back". That usually doesn't lead anywhere.

In the end, I decided to be a little more blunt because I didn't feel I'd get my point across otherwise. But yeah, good thing that's been cleared up now.
Jun 2, 2015 6:24 PM

Nov 2012
Seeing people rant about the LN makes me want to read it. I must.

Just from the anime's perspective, it seems like they did an okay job introducing the new guy. Only problem is that I remember the stats being based off of numbers, not letters.
I believe that unless you know for sure that you don't like a concept, you should keep exploring it. Whether it be characteristics of people or a genre of some sort, you never know if you don't like it until you've seen quality work corresponding to that genre. Keep exploring until you've found something you enjoy, or something of quality. Then you know what's bad, what's good, and what isn't for you.
( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ Everyday life.
Jun 2, 2015 9:22 PM

Dec 2013
petecz said:
Great episode! Maybe not so much action, but good progress.

Though, to the LN readers... did they just completly skipped his ability selection?!
They skipped a lot this episode. The whole naming thing is pretty detailed in the LN the whole title thing is a joke for the gods and they usually intentionally come up with lame names. The reason Bell got a "normal " name is because Freya suggested it.
Jun 2, 2015 10:24 PM

Mar 2015
Character growth is important too!!! I really like the new guy, and It's fun watching him learn to work with people to achieve his goals. Also, I agree with Hestia. Better to get a normal name than a bad one. I'm looking forward to seeing this new 3 piece go dungeoning. :3

Jun 3, 2015 1:48 AM

Jun 2014
zerorequiem_ said:
I like the new guy.

Pretty much my thoughts on the episode. I love great character interactions.
And judging by what everyone else is saying, theres a LOT missing from the anime, which I am sad about.
I love hearing about all the little backgroud stuff.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Jun 3, 2015 3:38 AM

Dec 2013
the best adventure in spring.

aiz, kami-sama and bel are my most favorite character
Jun 4, 2015 2:24 AM

Apr 2013
New character introduction.
I like Welf Crozzo. Great personality. Looking forward to the next episodes.
Jun 4, 2015 1:22 PM

Jun 2014
It only took 3/4 of the season to finally introduce Welf, I hated how they showed him so much in the op and ed lol
Jun 5, 2015 2:08 PM

Oct 2012
This episode flew so fast. But it was good, I enjoyed it. Bell is starting to be really OP though.
Jun 6, 2015 4:34 AM
Jan 2010
noobs pulling aggro
Jun 6, 2015 4:36 PM

Feb 2013
Sparkly laser hand. Hax of a skill though. Lame title. Does it give a stat boost?

New guy seems decent. Hoping for more/better battles as this goes forward.
Jun 7, 2015 8:54 AM

Dec 2012
The new companion is cool, I like him. Bell continues to increase his power, and the next episode seems interesting. Another very good episode.
Jun 7, 2015 1:46 PM
Jan 2015
welf will be a good companion
Jun 10, 2015 7:34 PM

Feb 2010
The return of the burning fighting fighter
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Jun 11, 2015 12:09 AM

Feb 2007
Guranto-kun said:
Burning Fighting Fighter?

http://myanimelist.net/character/48997/Eita_Kidou

Had to pause the episode until I finished laughing when he came up with that name. :D
Jun 11, 2015 9:45 AM
Jul 2018
Felt kind of slow compared to last time but it's okay because Welf is finally introduced and I get to see Bete attack something. That elf in the bar is so epic and I really want a background episode or something similar about her.

Little Rookie = Lamest title I've ever heard :/
removed-userJun 11, 2015 9:48 AM
Jun 11, 2015 12:18 PM

Oct 2008
I was wondering who was that guy on the ED pic...now the answer was on this episode.
It was the maker of Bell's light armor! also a blacksmith named Welf Crozzo.
Damn Bell was the record holder for fastest in getting level 2 in just two and a half months!
Bell's magical power (fayabolto) also increased. He just pawned an Infant Dragon...so much badassness Bell!
5/5.

Ajunky said:
PLamus1 said:
And ofc, Bell's new ability is a boost skill. Just how much more overpowered does he want to be?
I bet he learns "Time stop" at level 3.

LOL Time Stop?!? what is this? DICE ??!? hahah!
matias067Jun 11, 2015 12:23 PM

Jun 17, 2015 4:20 PM

Jun 2011
Got to love the two waitresses.
Welf, cool add to the main party.. little bit too late but better than never.
Jun 17, 2015 4:57 PM

Apr 2013
xcess090 said:
Felt kind of slow compared to last time but it's okay because Welf is finally introduced and I get to see Bete attack something. That elf in the bar is so epic and I really want a background episode or something similar about her.

Little Rookie = Lamest title I've ever heard :/

I bet it's not enough chuu2 for your taste? x)
Jun 19, 2015 7:43 PM

Oct 2014
That Burning Fighting Fighter though!
It's been a while since I last heard that.
Jun 20, 2015 4:59 AM

Jun 2013
special guest appearance rammus gets killed in 1 shot
Jun 24, 2015 4:40 PM

May 2012
A new member joins the party! Really interesting and well his power sure is leveling up quite fast! Let's see what's next.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2015

363 by Etherius_ZS »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2015

196 by Etherius_ZS »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2015

208 by Etherius_ZS »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2015

282 by Etherius_ZS »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Apr 10, 2015

277 by Etherius_ZS »»
6 hours ago

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.