Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 29, 2015 8:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
DIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Really glad to see a bit more of him this episode. His Stand, "The World" is a certain kind of awesome. Didnt' take long for Nukesaku to appear in his vampiric form either D: Nice to see a bit of Emerald Splash this episode too.
Stark700May 29, 2015 11:36 AM
May 29, 2015 8:56 AM

Dec 2012
ZAAAAAAA

WAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRDDDDDDDDUOOOOOOO
May 29, 2015 8:57 AM
Mar 2014
How many chaps got animated?
May 29, 2015 9:00 AM

Apr 2013
DIO!
It is so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.
May 29, 2015 9:01 AM

Jul 2011
KTTLOVE said:

Like one page shy of five. They're definitely not fucking around.

But the episode was amazing. Really weird that they skipped the sidewalk scene but hopefully it's on the BD/DVDs.
May 29, 2015 9:09 AM
Mar 2014
Kellhus said:
KTTLOVE said:

Like one page shy of five. They're definitely not fucking around.

But the episode was amazing. Really weird that they skipped the sidewalk scene but hopefully it's on the BD/DVDs.

They skipped the sidewalk scene where DIO runs over everyone??

SMH, this is the shit I didnt want to happen
May 29, 2015 9:16 AM

Jul 2011
KTTLOVE said:

It's not even that gory/graphic in the manga, they've already shown far worse on several occasions. So it seems really weird. My best guess is that some weird censorship stipulation would have made the scene a black screen so they opted to just not include it at all, but hopefully it's on the BD/DVDs.
May 29, 2015 9:18 AM
Mar 2014
Kellhus said:
KTTLOVE said:

It's not even that gory/graphic in the manga, they've already shown far worse on several occasions. So it seems really weird. My best guess is that some weird censorship stipulation would have made the scene a black screen so they opted to just not include it at all, but hopefully it's on the BD/DVDs.

I knew they needed more runtime, wtf I dont see any other reason
May 29, 2015 9:41 AM
Mar 2014
Am I the only one that is botherd by DIO's outfit? its more orange than yellow
May 29, 2015 10:05 AM

Jun 2007
The World, the ultimate stand for trolling.
May 29, 2015 10:07 AM

May 2013
Damn this was a good episode. Can't wait to see what Dio's stand really does.
May 29, 2015 10:08 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Za Warudo did not disappoint.....Dio is one fabulous motherfucker lol

MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA

This episode had some Izaya/Aizen level of trolling xD
May 29, 2015 10:09 AM

Jul 2013
Slightly disappointed they got rid of the sidewalk scene. But it's not that big of a deal.

Is it just me that felt a bit off about Dio's hair? It looked too.. spiky. Still epic as hell though. Really looking forward to the next ep.

ihusmal1234May 29, 2015 11:52 AM
May 29, 2015 10:12 AM

Aug 2010
Cool ep. Finally getting to see Dio in action. All Dem Dio poses though XD

The way the Senator got owned was so lol...Dat bloody front of the car tho when he drove on the sidewalk :O It's hilarious how people are ranting they skipped the scene :P

Jotaro kicking the motorbike to work after Polnareff was having issues making it work was hilarious

And ofc obligatory MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA
May 29, 2015 10:12 AM

Nov 2012
Lol at Dio making a senator drive for him, he's like an okama queen with all those hearts tough.
May 29, 2015 10:14 AM

Aug 2008
MUDA!MUDA!MUDA!MUDA!MUDA!MUDA!MUDA!MUDA!MUDA!MUDA!MUDA!MUDA!

Intense episode. Easily 5/5.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
May 29, 2015 10:14 AM
Mar 2014
There are a few things I didnt like

First they cut out the car scene which they shouldve shown to us imo
Second DIO's outfit shouldve been completely yellow (kinda like how the colored pages are at batato)
Third is that the anime is too fast paced. For example the scene where DIO calls out his stand Za Warudo during the car chase scene was much more menacing in the OVA than here. I feel they went a bit too quick with that. Sure they showed a flashback of it later again but if they extended that scene with a couple of more seconds, it wouldve been much better.
May 29, 2015 10:15 AM
Mar 2014
ihusmal1234 said:
Slightly disappointed they got rid of the sidewalk scene. But it's not that big of deal.

Is it just me that felt a bit off about Dio's hair? It looked too.. spiky. Still epic as hell though. Really looking forward to the next ep.

Probably the latter
May 29, 2015 10:18 AM
Aug 2011
It's happening.
Just standing on this rooftop, just strutting down the street.

ihusmal1234 said:
Is it just me that felt a bit off about Dio's hair? It looked too.. spiky.[/spoiler]

it was doing things...
i'm kinda used to it though because not even Araki can draw Dio's hair at times
May 29, 2015 10:21 AM

Nov 2013
KAKYOIN!
Emerarudo Supurashu!
The fast pace is perfect and the next episode will be the best episode ever.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
May 29, 2015 10:32 AM

Jun 2012
The hype is absolutely off the rails but damn the week wait is just too much. Can't remember the last time I was hyped for new episodes. ZA WARUDO!
May 29, 2015 10:32 AM
Apr 2014
Dio needs to get close to use his stand? I thought it affects the entire WARUDO, I must say I'm dissapoint.
Judging from next episode's preview I guess Kakyoin will sacrifice himself to reveal ZA WARUDO's secret.
May 29, 2015 10:36 AM

Sep 2012
The pacing is a bit too fast for my tastes.

I know they had to do 4.5 chapters at the very minimum, but I kinda feel that I would've liked more if they had saved time by making some of those 2-part fights 1-part instead because really, Dio deserved 5 episodes.

Nothing's gonna change by bitching now though and honestly, the episode itself is still very good so whatever, waiting warmly for DIO's World 2.
May 29, 2015 10:40 AM
Jan 2015
Good episode but sucks they skip the part where Dio runs over the pedestrians
May 29, 2015 10:40 AM

Sep 2013
Barion-Zara said:
It's hilarious how people are ranting they skipped the scene :P
But, I really wanted to find WALDO/WALLY flying amongst the crowd! I don't know what Araki was thinking, but that was too fucking hilarious.
ShigyCMay 29, 2015 10:48 AM
Always remember that anime is a niche medium in Japan. Manga sells way better
May 29, 2015 10:49 AM

Aug 2013
Great episode sad we didn't see the sidewalk scene hopefully in the bluerays
huh
May 29, 2015 10:55 AM

Jan 2015
Major issue with the colour of Dio's outfit, it should be yellow not orangish yellow.
Skipped the sidewalk scene
Pacing is too fast

It was pretty good but could have been much better.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 29, 2015 11:04 AM

May 2014
problems w/ this episode: no 7 up advertisement

really tho all the nitpicks over color lmao. "it should be yellow like the scans from batoto." just because it's a colored scan doesn't really mean too much, i mean the color palettes change all the time in the art colored by Araki himself.

also this

this was my favorite thing
just the way this screencap looks like out of context
May 29, 2015 11:05 AM

Nov 2014
Some of the dialog in this episode was hilarious. "I felt it, too. It was incredible murderous intent! It felt like someone stuck an icicle up my ass!"

And that fucking stance...

5/5
aikaflipMay 30, 2015 9:52 AM
May 29, 2015 11:09 AM

Jan 2015
mintiel said:

really tho all the nitpicks over color lmao. "it should be yellow like the scans from batoto." just because it's a colored scan doesn't really mean too much, i mean the color palettes change all the time in the art colored by Araki himself.

Coluored scans? In video games and from the manga, he has a yellow outfit. Not darkish orange or light orange with some yellow but golden yellow. This was terrible choice in colours by the animators. We could have just had yellow and everyone would have been fine with the iconic yellow suit for Dio Brando.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 29, 2015 11:10 AM

Sep 2013
mintiel said:
Yeah, Mariah had a purple outfit with blonde-ish hair in those scans...ick.
Always remember that anime is a niche medium in Japan. Manga sells way better
May 29, 2015 11:10 AM
Apr 2013
Really Guys.

I get the sidewalk scene, but "Dio's clothes weren't yellow enough?" Now that's just pointless nitpicking.
May 29, 2015 11:11 AM

May 2014
Eylandos said:
mintiel said:

Colored scans? In video games and from the manga, he has a yellow outfit. Not darkish orange or light orange with some yellow but Yellow. This was terrible choice in colours by the animators. We could have just had yellow and everyone would have been fine with the iconic yellow suit for Dio Brando.

doesn't change the fact that the art always has different palettes aka the source material not the side material.

you guys cry over everythin holy cow i never thought i'd see an argument that DIO doesn't look banana enough for y'all
edit what the heck happened to the tags
May 29, 2015 11:11 AM

Mar 2013
ZA WARUDO
Dio glorious as always
May 29, 2015 11:13 AM

May 2014
Wryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!

The sidewalk scene , well I don't really care , It doesn't really affect the intensity much.

Yellow or orange outfit ? I still don't care .

I just hope they redraw stuff in the BD version , because this episode's art was lazy :/
Given the right situation , the right story , anyone can be shaped into Snake.
-Revolver Ocelot , MGS2
May 29, 2015 11:17 AM

Jan 2014
Wow. This is the first complete 100% with over 40 votes that I've seen (although I probably just jinxed it.)

I tried to vote 4 instead, but my vote somehow ended up as 5. Dio's stand is working his sorcery!
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
May 29, 2015 11:19 AM
Mar 2014
Akabawi said:
Wryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!

The sidewalk scene , well I don't really care , It doesn't really affect the intensity much.

I just hope they redraw stuff in the BD version , because this episode's art was lazy :/

Agree, the art was especially for DIO before the car scenes were very lazy.
I don't see how u don't care about the other points though.
DIO isn't that handsome with his other colors and the sidewalk scene is too epic to not have.

May 2014
Akabawi said:

thank god someone feels me

ye it was rushed as hell

tho if i had to put down a real nitpick since we're all crying, some of the direction of the voice acting felt really... weak. like in the later half of the episode, it was fine, but while talking with Polnareff, i expected it to sound a bit... stronger

IDK maybe it's because I got used to hearing it from ASB with such a stronger, more forceful tone that it sounded odd for the episode

Jan 2015
mintiel said:
Eylandos said:

Colored scans? In video games and from the manga, he has a yellow outfit. Not darkish orange or light orange with some yellow but Yellow. This was terrible choice in colours by the animators. We could have just had yellow and everyone would have been fine with the iconic yellow suit for Dio Brando.

doesn't change the fact that the art always has different palettes aka the source material not the side material.

you guys cry over everythin holy cow i never thought i'd see an argument that DIO doesn't look banana enough for y'all

People have been waiting for a properly adapted Jojo Bizarre adaptation for years and so getting the fucking colour right would be a great way to adapt it. Oh spare me non sense about the colour palettes, no one cares about changing the colours of side characters like Mariah but when to characters like Dio, you get it right. How hard is it to leave the damn colours alone to the bright golden yellow?
May 29, 2015 11:21 AM

May 2014
Eylandos said:
mintiel said:

People have been waiting for a properly adapted Jojo Bizarre adaptation for years and so getting the fucking colour right would be a great way to adapt it. Oh spare me non sense about the colour palettes, no one cares about changing the colours of side characters like Mariah but when to characters like Dio, you get it right. How hard is it to leave the damn colours alone to the bright golden yellow?

Dang you are a cry baby
May 29, 2015 11:22 AM

Jan 2008
Who cares what color an outfit is? Does that really detract from your enjoyment?

Great episode though.
May 29, 2015 11:23 AM

May 2014
Apparently a palette ruins how people feel about an episode
May 29, 2015 11:24 AM

Jan 2015
mintiel said:
Eylandos said:

Dang you are a cry baby

I am a cry baby for expecting the studio adapting this show to get the colour right? Attention to detail. People will bitch and complain about missing scenes but if you don't get the character design right then it takes away from the experience.

I just don't get whey they couldn't keep the iconic yellow that everyone expected?
May 29, 2015 11:25 AM

Nov 2012
So finally, Za Warudo happened:
May 29, 2015 11:28 AM
Mar 2014
mintiel said:
Apparently a palette ruins how people feel about an episode

JoJo the anime is notorious for having different colours. We have seen Star Platinum as purple but also as green but the main colour they chose for was purple.

Now if they choose DIO's outfit to be yellow and sometimes throw that orange stuff in there I wouldnt mind. But DIO's outfit is yellow, in everything we have seen from advertisement to video games

I really dislike the colors they chose tbh
May 29, 2015 11:29 AM
Oct 2011
Eylandos said:
mintiel said:

Dang you are a cry baby

I am a cry baby for expecting the studio adapting this show to get the colour right? Attention to detail. People will bitch and complain about missing scenes but if you don't get the character design right then it takes away from the experience.

I just don't get whey they couldn't keep the iconic yellow that everyone expected?

"Iconic Yellow".
What.
May 29, 2015 11:29 AM
Mar 2014
Colors are important lel

Imagine Gon Freecss with a red outfit instead of green
May 29, 2015 11:30 AM
Apr 2013
Eylandos said:
Find me even three posts where people were looking forward to Dio's yellow clothes.
May 29, 2015 11:32 AM

May 2014
mintiel said:
Akabawi said:

thank god someone feels me

ye it was rushed as hell

tho if i had to put down a real nitpick since we're all crying, some of the direction of the voice acting felt really... weak. like in the later half of the episode, it was fine, but while talking with Polnareff, i expected it to sound a bit... stronger

IDK maybe it's because I got used to hearing it from ASB with such a stronger, more forceful tone that it sounded odd for the episode

Well I only have problems with the art for today's episode , But they usually fix these stuff in BD , so I am not really nitpicking.
Given the right situation , the right story , anyone can be shaped into Snake.
-Revolver Ocelot , MGS2
May 29, 2015 11:33 AM
Dec 2013
Did anyone think some of the art in the beginning was a bit...lazy? Like, maybe I was being a bit too optimistic in thinking that we could have the same level of quality like we did in the first three episodes when Stardust Crusaders began, but considering how iconic and important this arc is, I'd expected a higher standard of quality. Don't tell me they padded out those awful Alessi and Oingo and Hol Horses episodes so we can get a rushed adaptation of the World arc.

Anyways, the episode was still very good. I was upset at first that they cut out the sidewalk scene, but it actually ended up feeling a bit more ominous. Hopefully it will be in the BD/DVD. If it is, I think I might just skip the TV version all together and just wait for the BD to come out.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2015

208 by gophers-insides »»
Apr 19, 9:11 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2015

132 by fgowy »»
Apr 17, 4:02 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 2nd Season Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2015

137 by vizthex »»
Apr 1, 10:43 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Akanezora - Feb 20, 2015

187 by MISTERINVINCIBLE »»
Mar 16, 11:01 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2015

161 by Blitrapika »»
Feb 27, 8:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.