Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
May 29, 2015 9:11 PM

Jun 2014
I feel bad your relatives, but sadly the planet and website doesn't revolve around you and your grudge towards Hitler. People can have him as a favorite, that's life. I don't like Hitler, but you'e trying to make a website change due to you being offended.
May 29, 2015 9:33 PM

Mar 2012
At the very least, I'm thankful this thread has taught me that John Lennon is in the MAL database. I will be adding him to my favourites immediately.
May 30, 2015 12:33 AM

Sep 2011
Sorry to say this but it looks like a typical jewish unjustified demand.
Jews - slowly terrorizing the world with things like holocaust and antisemitism since probably 1948.

Step 1 - invent/propagate the word antisemitism
Step 2 - usurp the word holocaust (correct meaning of the word holocaust doesn't reffer only to jews but can to any nation)
Step 3 - secretly change the meaning of antisemitism from "people (mainly nazi germans) who were killing jews" to "people who don't like jews" and then to "people who jews don't like"
Step 4 - terrorize anyone who jews don't like to fulfill their unjustified demands just because "jews want"
May 30, 2015 12:36 AM

Feb 2015
Hitler will always be our hero. Heil Hitler our Great Chancellor and Fuhrer.
May 30, 2015 12:43 AM

Jul 2014
Yeah..... The database don't care about your relatives, and guilt tripping people to accept your point of view is pathetic. The DB only contains information. How it affect you, is totally irrelevant, as long as the data is accurate.

Removing people because they offend you is hilarious. And he is responsible for Mein Kampf's story, thus should be in the database as the original creator/author or whatever.
May 30, 2015 1:27 AM

Mar 2008
Zergneedsfood said:
To add to the discussion a bit, one big problem with this argument is that it's basically suggesting that anybody who does not specifically work on the anime/manga be cut out.

As a means of cutting objectionable people, I guess that's a good enough argument to remove Hitler, but at the same time, certain anime like Aoi Bungaku were based on Japanese novels where the original creators obviously never worked on those anime at all.

Personally, I think it'd be a shame if they were to be removed, simply because it's just another way for people to get involved in maybe other mediums or people outside strictly anime/manga.
Pretty much what I was thinking. It would be inconsistent to just remove people that some minority of users are offended over and it would be unfortunate to have less directly involved people removed all together as they should be mentioned somewhere.
May 30, 2015 2:21 AM

Oct 2011
Hmm, about this...
Zergneedsfood said:
As a means of cutting objectionable people, I guess that's a good enough argument to remove Hitler, but at the same time, certain anime like Aoi Bungaku were based on Japanese novels where the original creators obviously never worked on those anime at all.
I have to agree that those be removed as well.

If we add people just because we see their work in some form in anime or manga, then what about all the loose adaptions of fairy tales?

May 30, 2015 2:33 AM

Mar 2008
Loose adaptations does not or should not really count because its not followed close enough.
May 30, 2015 2:48 AM

Apr 2013
He's in there for the same reason than authors like Victor Hugo (http://myanimelist.net/people/12744/Victor-Marie_Hugo) or Dazai Osamu ( http://myanimelist.net/people/9154/Osamu_Dazai ) are in too.

There is no reason to just remove Hitler. He's in the database as the author of a book, not as one of the worst criminal in History. MAL isn't a site taking side in history, it's a database related to anime and manga. Either you remove all peoples in a similar situation as Hitler, which include Hugo, Dazai and a lot of others as well, by saying that they were not directly part of the staff and just the authors of the original work which inspired it. Or you leave them all.
No one is saying that Hitler is a nice guy.
But what you're asking for is partiality in a database.
May 30, 2015 4:55 AM

Oct 2011
traed said:
Loose adaptations does not or should not really count because its not followed close enough.
Loose adaptions still accredit the actual source in some way. It would be the same here, quoting the source creator is sufficient instead of giving them a staff page.

May 30, 2015 5:26 AM

Jan 2015
Phraze said:
traed said:
Loose adaptions still accredit the actual source in some way. It would be the same here, quoting the source creator is sufficient instead of giving them a staff page.
well not a staff page but we should create a page in the contributors
by that, problem is solved between both parties
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
May 30, 2015 5:41 AM

Oct 2014
Victimising yourself based on stuff most living jews todays didn't experience themselves is certainly not enough of a reason to censor the existence of people.
May 30, 2015 5:45 AM

May 2014
Ahridan said:
The answer to this is plain and simple.

Personal opinions and emotions have no place in deciding whether someone should be in the DB or not. Just because someone's mention or existence offends you, does not mean you have the right to have said someone removed.

The only thing necessary in determining whether Hitler (the person) should be allowed in the database or not is the guideline.

If Hitler meets the guideline i.e. he has a direct relevance to a anime or manga entry, then he has every right to be in the DB. If he doesn't meet the guideline then he should be removed.

That's all there is to it

Yeah as far as I'm concerned MAL always like to work by their guidelines. I take it Hitler's in the DB because the guidelines approve of him.
As long as he goes in contrast with the guidelines he should stay.
May 31, 2015 4:46 PM

Jan 2008
See it this way, would Wikipedia or the Public Library remove pages of/books about Hitler because of personal feelings? MAL is a database and as Hitler has connections to anime/manga no matter how insignificant/weird, a page is justified.

People who have him on their favorites list are another matter entirely.
May 31, 2015 6:10 PM

Apr 2011
Meanwhile, Stalin killed more people and no one cares.
May 31, 2015 7:17 PM

Mar 2012
I consider Hitler a god, and I find this insulting.

Yes, I am CD 2.0's overlord.
May 31, 2015 7:22 PM

Mar 2014
13lue said:

I'm appalled that you would say something like that 3lue- kun.
May 31, 2015 7:27 PM

Feb 2014
This debate is pretty stupid, just because "oh noes mi feels are hurt becus hitler's in the db" doesn't give you the authority to modify the database as you see fit. Might as well remove everything on the internet related to Hitler just because you feel like it's insulting your grandparents' relatives, right? Maybe I should whine every time something offends me and have it removed too!

Mod Edit: Modified for profanity.
ShockedMar 6, 2016 11:23 AM
May 31, 2015 7:27 PM

Nov 2010
Poitato said:
13lue said:

I'm appalled that you would say something like that 3lue- kun.
Well said, colleague.
Jun 4, 2015 6:25 AM

Jun 2012
I think this should be done too
What is the most cowardly and shameful thing in human conduct? It's when people with power and people who flatter them hide in safe places and extol war, force patriotism and self-sacrifice on others, then send them to the battlefield to die. For the sake of peace in the universe, before we continue this fruitless war with the Empire, mustn't we first start by exterminating such evil parasites? - Yang Wenli
Jun 4, 2015 6:34 AM

Feb 2015
Hitler has no reason to be on the list of people. Seriously. People probably think it's funny to have him in their list of favourite people, but it isn't. Just remove him already.
Jun 4, 2015 6:48 AM

Oct 2014
Jonas_The_Jay said:
Hitler has no reason to be on the list of people. Seriously. People probably think it's funny to have him in their list of favourite people, but it isn't. Just remove him already.

He is the author of the work, this manga is based on:

http://myanimelist.net/manga/15916/Waga_Tousou

I am against "removing" him from the database. Because removing him would mean that's it's considered OK to censor actual facts if it's just a little bit inconvenient for some people. People putting him into favorites basically either admit to be mad fanatics, or are simply trolls. Isn't it better to be able to identify those people?
Mar 6, 2016 11:15 AM

Apr 2008
And really if you don't want to remove him as contributing to the Waga Tousou manga, would it not at least make more sense to make it to where you can't add him as a favorite person at all?
Of course I'm meaning the actual man here and not the various characterizations of Hitler from anime/manga.

I'm pretty sure such a change would be an appropriate compromise between all parties.

But an interesting point was brought about doing the same for like Hugo... why not? They aren't manga authors, they are original authors and manga/anime are using those works as an adaptation.
AshuriMar 6, 2016 11:25 AM
Mar 6, 2016 12:31 PM

Nov 2015
Okay I am Polish and my grandfather was nearly killed in a concentration camp and my family hid underground to get through the war. My grandmother would eat dinner with bullets going through the table, we were abused and stripped of everything during the war.
The fact he is there doesn't offend me AT ALL. So I believe you are overreacting.

My top anime of 2016 for now:
✗ Haifuri
✗ Mayoiga

Mar 6, 2016 1:04 PM

Jan 2012
chinesecartoonz said:
omg who tf cares if a few trolls have them in their faves? does that hurt your lil baby feelings too? really you are making a big deal over a dude you dont like being in a db, it's not that big of a deal, there are so many more things that this site needs or doesnt need and you instead will focus on something as insignifigant as this?

your self-centered and illogical reasoning offends me maybe you should be removed from mal too

This.

I have spend 6 month in Israel and have friends with grandparents that died in concentration camps.
None of the people i met in Israel were even half as stuck-up and self-centered as you. Get a life...

Talk about 1st world problems... Seriously. People like you make people hate jews wich is a shame since most jews are actually the greatest buddies. I never had as much fun as i had in Israel. Jews are not offended by a picture of Hitler, YOU are. Don't hijack your religion for personal reason, srsly.

I actually start to believe that you are just a pissed-off muslim that tries to make jews look bad.
"Es irrt der Mensch, solang er strebt." - Faust I, Vers 317
Mar 6, 2016 1:31 PM

Oct 2011
I thought this thread should be closed by now....

Anyways, elkensteyin's personal opinion aside, this request is justifiable. There is no reason we can't make a credit section for original authors. This site is only for anime purposes and only pertains to the anime industry. Unless the original author personally endorsed the work, they should not be in the database, only credited. This is the same as having Alice in Wonderland adaptions and not having Lewis Carroll in staff relations, no one complains and we all know where the source came from.

If we're going into personal issues... I don't think elkensteyin made this topic to complain or hate on Hitler, he only brought up all the possible reasons to consider. As I don't want this topic to derail, my personal opinion will stay personal.

Mar 6, 2016 3:22 PM

Jun 2008
Remove Hitler from List of People

Isn't that something Hitler would do?
Mar 6, 2016 3:43 PM

Dec 2015
Ahridan said:
The answer to this is plain and simple.

Personal opinions and emotions have no place in deciding whether someone should be in the DB or not. Just because someone's mention or existence offends you, does not mean you have the right to have said someone removed.

The only thing necessary in determining whether Hitler (the person) should be allowed in the database or not is the guideline.

If Hitler meets the guideline i.e. he has a direct relevance to a anime or manga entry, then he has every right to be in the DB. If he doesn't meet the guideline then he should be removed.

That's all there is to it

I agree with this. He might be one of the worst persons ever to have existed and I can see why you are offended by it but if he meets the guideline he can be in. It does not change the fact that he wrote the book. However, this topic has quite the opposite effect. I am pretty sure the amount of favorites and comments on Hitler's page will increase quite quick by the small amount of trolls lurking on the forums.
Mar 6, 2016 3:53 PM

Apr 2013
How about no. Hitler had artistic ambitions, those were never recognized back then, let them be now, right here on MAL.

#Don'tCrucifyHitler
Mar 6, 2016 6:03 PM
Jul 2018
I'm genuinely surprised that he's there...
Mar 6, 2016 7:19 PM

Apr 2014
@Ashuri,
Nice job on reviving forgotten old thread.
Haters always gonna hate.
Mar 16, 2016 3:34 PM

Jan 2012
Well irl and on internet some people still like him as a successful orator (his ability to speak for a huge crowd)
and a lot hate him
but lol seriously this is an anime forums

ok let's remove Kanye West becz i don't like his music , lol that doesn't work.

Mar 16, 2016 8:00 PM

Apr 2015
Removing Hitler just because you don't like him is laughable OP.

Anyways in my POV: Hitler did nothing wrong! The Jew bankers did.
Mar 16, 2016 8:36 PM

Jan 2015
elkensteyin said:
Please remove Adolf Hitler from the list of People associated with MAL. I am Jewish, and several of my grandparents relatives were killed in the concentration camps during the Holocaust. I find it offensive and disrespectful that he is listed in the MAL database.

Please note, I am not talking about the various Hitler characters, but the actual person.

http://myanimelist.net/people/8700/Adolf_Hitler

While he did write Mein Kampf, he personally has nothing to do with the publishing of the Waga Tousou manga, so there is no justifiable reason for him to be in the database.

Did you know?
That more Romas were killed than the Jews

Also, the less you care about petty shit in life, the happier you'll be.

ur opinion = shit
Mar 16, 2016 8:37 PM

Jan 2015
chinesecartoonz said:
omg who tf cares if a few trolls have them in their faves? does that hurt your lil baby feelings too? really you are making a big deal over a dude you dont like being in a db, it's not that big of a deal, there are so many more things that this site needs or doesnt need and you instead will focus on something as insignifigant as this?

your self-centered and illogical reasoning offends me maybe you should be removed from mal too

I'll start the petition with this person

ur opinion = shit
Mar 16, 2016 10:01 PM
Jul 2018
I don't know what all these unrelated people are doing here either, and I also hate Hitler for being a crazed, genocidal, sick psychopathic bastard, but there's really no way to remove all these people from the db at once easily. this is such an empty complaint tbh. look i know people who lost family in WWII, or escaped, and the horrible tragedy and pain of the events will never be forgotten, nor should they, so no such sick and horrid racial/religious genocide can ever be committed again, but at the same time.... dude, it's an entry on a database.... a web database... that a few sicko trolls may have in their favorites. It's not that big an offense. I got jewish ancestry too bub, i fuckin hate the nazis and hitler, as any sane person regardless of roots should, because their views were racist eugenic bullshit and they were a sick regime that killed billions, but this is like the slightest thing ever to throw a hissy fit over.

like did you migrate here from tumblr or something? if so, i can only issue you the forewarning that you're not going to enjoy this site.

this is amazing

though some of these people actually did have their content featured in anime or an anime themed music video or two, some of them voiced characters in eng, that's how they ended up on the db. as supposed to hitler who really has no reason to be here if it's not the version/character from the manga of his shite teenage diary whinefest "novel". although what i think is the funniest thing about this all is that there's actually a manga adaption of his godawful 'manifesto'.
removed-userMar 16, 2016 10:07 PM
Mar 16, 2016 10:54 PM

Nov 2012
Good job OP, no one was even aware of his presence until you butthurtedly pointed it out.

Mar 18, 2016 5:38 PM

Jan 2012
DateYutaka said:
oh didmus poor you cry me a river i give a shit once the Zionist occupiers give back whats not there's and ever Israeli Right wing zealot of out on trial for war crimes

Well said man , Zionist they keep spreading their lies and crating havoc everywhere

imo it's wrong to like him but face it some people still like him

you want proof:

Mar 18, 2016 6:06 PM

May 2015
Look, sorry to invade your safe space, but he's the creator of an original work a manga was based on. If you don't like trolls putting him on your list, ignore them.
Mar 18, 2016 7:30 PM

Nov 2015
Kagami said:
I feel bad your relatives, but sadly the planet and website doesn't revolve around you and your grudge towards Hitler. People can have him as a favorite, that's life. I don't like Hitler, but you'e trying to make a website change due to you being offended.

Exactly. If he is in a manga or anime guess what, he is a viable character and therefore should not be removed for any reason. If you're offended just remember he is dead now and can't hurt you any more.
Mar 18, 2016 7:32 PM

Apr 2012
My sympathies to your ancestors OP, but you can't just remove one controversial person from the database. Then leave all the rest. It doesn't work that way.
Mar 18, 2016 8:07 PM

Nov 2014
Lets remove him from history textbooks as well, his pictures offend me as I am Russian.
And my friend is from Poland, he is offended too.

Jun 23, 2016 10:41 AM
Sep 2015
Didn't even know why and how he got into MAL, shouldn't it be a automatically removed by the site itself ?
Jun 23, 2016 10:53 AM

Feb 2016
elkensteyin said:
teruu said:
Hitler is the protagonist of a manga. And he has appeared in several anime, including DBZ.

He is a character, and his manga is based off him so he is to be considered in the 'list of people' section.

Just because you're offended by his presence in that doesn't mean he should be removed.

sigh... did you even read the original post? I specifically mentioned that I'm not talking about the manga character adaptions of Hitler.

well, I'm gonna leave the post for now and see if anyone other than ignorant trolls post here with actually thought out responses

Disagrees with you=ignorant troll?I can smell the butthurtness from here.

Letting the days go by, let the water hold me down
Letting the days go by, water flowing underground
Into the blue again after the money's gone
Once in a lifetime, water flowing underground

(✿◕ᴗ◕)人(◕ᴗ◕✿)

Jun 23, 2016 12:35 PM
Jul 2015
Thank you for the reminder to add Hitler to my favorites.
Jun 23, 2016 12:41 PM
Sep 2015
I personally believe he should stay, goy.
Jun 23, 2016 3:11 PM

May 2016
So basically we should remove him. Because you are either a troll or your feels are hurt.

lel

And adding him to my favorites because this thread now.
Jun 23, 2016 3:57 PM

Jan 2016
I know that his presence is insulting

But his presence is also a thing

And since this is a database, it can't just ignore someone's existence
Jul 10, 2016 9:29 AM

Jan 2013
It's probably been said already but this is a database. Tracking information such as who to credit for certain things such as Chopin's music in an anime is important to a database. My grandparents were jewish too. Grow some skin and fuck off.
Jul 10, 2016 10:00 AM

Feb 2015
The MAL database is bullshit anyway. There is so much stuff missing or otherwise wrong, it really wouldn't make MAL any less complete to remove Hitler. Why can you add Hitler to your faves, but not Hollow Ichigo (Hichigo is not a transformation, it's a seperate character, but still doesn't have it's own entry). Why are Diavolo and Doppio from JJBA two seperate characters, when it was clearly implied that it's the same person? No one cares about that stuff, but God forbid if someone wants Hitler-chan to be removed....

The only reason why people are against this idea, is because they want to have that guy in their favourite people list. Also, how can you tell a jewish to person to "grow some skin", when it comes to WW2 related things. That's just fucking disrespectful...
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Character & People DB - Recent Merges/Removals ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

kuroshiroi - Dec 6, 2009

1390 by Naruleach »»
53 minutes ago

» Tatsunoko Production profile pic disappeared?

EdgyEcchiSenpai - 8 hours ago

0 by EdgyEcchiSenpai »»
8 hours ago

» Character Picture Move Request

SimpleXtra - Today

0 by SimpleXtra »»
Today, 3:39 AM

» Character Picture Change Request

queserasera - Yesterday

0 by queserasera »»
Yesterday, 1:42 PM

» Picture Change/Remove Request

grin3671 - Jul 19, 2022

1 by Zuudachi »»
Apr 10, 7:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.