Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jun 14, 2015 1:31 AM

Jan 2015
ShrewOne said:

Yui is pretty popular in Japan as she took 1st place and Iroha in close 2nd for 2015 spring anime best girl rankings. Poll was recently took between 6/8/2015-6/13/2015. http://yusaani.com/animation/2015/06/13/141923/

Iroha should be higher...
testamentKAISER said:

Ok, why is Hestia's pic the only one different compared to all the other girls. Just saying.

DarklordVor said:

Why is Hestia's picture is not her face, but her "feature" lol.

People voted for her "plot" not her face. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jun 14, 2015 3:08 AM

Jul 2013
Yukino won the best girl in LN ratings which will probably affect the story more (though I doubt either set of ratings really will) as they have followed the light novel really well so far.
One day we will come upon each other, and for that day my claws, teeth, ears, hands and hair are at the ready.
Jun 14, 2015 7:34 AM
Jan 2013
I refuse to take this poll seriously when hestia picture is litterally her boob string >.>
Jun 14, 2015 8:03 AM

Sep 2013
IROHA PLS.

BEST GIRL <3 <3 <3 <3
WintoviskyJun 14, 2015 8:06 AM
Jun 14, 2015 9:21 AM

Feb 2014
kitkatxz said:
I refuse to take this poll seriously when hestia picture is litterally her boob string >.>

Wut? Aren't boobs her only redeeming feature? She has become so popular just cause she is loli with big boobs. It's not like she has any depth or is good written..
Between the adult world and the world of kids,

there, Holyland exists.
Jun 14, 2015 6:21 PM
Jul 2018
slovak125 said:
kitkatxz said:

Wut? Aren't boobs her only redeeming feature? She has become so popular just cause she is loli with big boobs. It's not like she has any depth or is good written..

She's a good fap material. That's why she's popular.

ShrewOne said:

Yui is pretty popular in Japan as she took 1st place and Iroha in close 2nd for 2015 spring anime best girl rankings. Poll was recently took between 6/8/2015-6/13/2015. http://yusaani.com/animation/2015/06/13/141923/

No matter how popular she is, she can't win 8man's bowl.
Jun 14, 2015 6:46 PM

Jul 2013
Of course Yukino is the LN favorite. She is flawed and LN readers love flawed girls. Such depth given to a anti-social catwoman.
Dr. Sheldon Cooper " It is no way to make new humans. People coming out of people. Some kind of dirty magic show.
Jun 14, 2015 8:49 PM

Jan 2015
Ahhh that's my Iroha! Being introduced so late in the story yet having all these great moments! Iroha is the best girl.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jun 14, 2015 11:18 PM

Aug 2013
Yondy375 said:
Of course Yukino is the LN favorite. She is flawed and LN readers love flawed girls. Such depth given to a anti-social catwoman.

You speak of it as if the other girls are flawless.
Jun 14, 2015 11:23 PM

Jun 2014
Riveon said:
ShrewOne said:

Iroha should be higher...
testamentKAISER said:

Ok, why is Hestia's pic the only one different compared to all the other girls. Just saying.

DarklordVor said:

Why is Hestia's picture is not her face, but her "feature" lol.

People voted for her "plot" not her face. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I can hardly believe this poll if Saber is not in it.
Jun 15, 2015 12:25 AM

Jan 2015
CutePriest said:
I can hardly believe this poll if Saber is not in it.

26位:セイバー/Fate/stay night[UBW](127)
Funny thing. Rin perfomance was much better:
11位:遠坂凛/Fate/stay night[UBW](322)

Probably influence of the fact that UBW route is adapted not Fate and potential Saber votes goes to other characters.

poll said:

19位:戸塚彩加/俺ガイル(155)

Lol. Even Saika is in the poll.
Jun 15, 2015 1:10 AM
Jul 2018
Yondy375 said:

I think Yukino is a flawless girl.
Jun 15, 2015 6:39 AM

Jan 2014
GrandTemplar said:
Yondy375 said:

I'd fall head over heels for a girl like that.

(please don't kill me for saying that)
Jun 15, 2015 12:25 PM

Jul 2013
LordBanana said:
Yondy375 said:

You speak of it as if the other girls are flawless.
The situation is flawed best ship is Hachiman and The good ship SS nobody already introduced or nobody at all.
Dr. Sheldon Cooper " It is no way to make new humans. People coming out of people. Some kind of dirty magic show.
Jun 15, 2015 6:50 PM
Jun 2015
Iroha's popularity most likely comes from the fact that everyone has had memories of one of those girls while growing up. Yui is just so bubbly and well-liked.
Jun 15, 2015 6:59 PM

Jan 2015
coffeetenshi said:
Iroha's popularity most likely comes from the fact that everyone has had memories of one of those girls while growing up. Yui is just so bubbly and well-liked.

I'd also say that Iroha has a good mix of being cute like Yui but she also has a darker side which is nice. Though to have all 3 main girls in the top 10, no matter how trivial, is no easy feat.
Jun 15, 2015 7:06 PM
Jun 2015
bobzanny said:
coffeetenshi said:

I'd also say that Iroha has a good mix of being cute like Yui but she also has a darker side which is nice. Though to have all 3 main girls in the top 10, no matter how trivial, is no easy feat.

True, especially considering how Yukino's character does not always echo with the audience in the same way Yui and Iroha do.
Jun 15, 2015 9:55 PM

Jan 2015
coffeetenshi said:
bobzanny said:

True, especially considering how Yukino's character does not always echo with the audience in the same way Yui and Iroha do.

Indeed I'm curious to know if this season didn't have drama and woulda really just stayed as a comedy with some inklings of conflict would Yukinon's character be more liked? Because most people that hate her seem to be calling up reasons from this season and not last.
Jun 15, 2015 10:04 PM
Jun 2015
If this season did not have drama then they might as well not have a second season, in my opinion.

At this stage how popular or unpopular a girl is has very little influence on the outcome of the anime and novel.
Jun 15, 2015 10:06 PM
Jul 2018
coffeetenshi said:
If this season did not have drama then they might as well not have a second season, in my opinion.

At this stage how popular or unpopular a girl is has very little influence on the outcome of the anime and novel.

Anime>Highschool drama
It can't be helped.
Jun 15, 2015 10:20 PM

Nov 2014
bobzanny said:
coffeetenshi said:

top 10 of what?
Jun 15, 2015 10:21 PM
Jun 2015
PrevE said:
bobzanny said:

top 10 of what?

The most popular female characters in animes this season.
Jun 15, 2015 10:22 PM

Nov 2014
coffeetenshi said:
PrevE said:

top 10 of what?

The most popular female characters in animes this season.

and where could i view that list?
Jun 15, 2015 10:23 PM
Jun 2015
PrevE said:
and where could i view that list?

A few posts up in this very thread.
Jun 16, 2015 1:10 PM

May 2014
NudeBear said:
ep 9 pretty much killed the yuixhachiman ship

It's over guys.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Jun 18, 2015 6:04 PM

May 2014
Now, Iroha was falling in love with Hachiman.
Jun 19, 2015 3:15 AM
May 2013
aoinosekai said:

What Hachiman's relationship do you want at the end of Oregairu?

My favorite relation for Hachiman is Hachiman x Yui:

Here is my list :
1. Hachiman x Yui
2. Hachiman x Komachi
3. Hachiman x Iroha
4. Hachiman x Yukino
5. Hachiman x Hiratsuka-sensei
6. Hachiman x Ebina

What about you?

[UPDATE]
I have added three options.

samer here... i will rage if he dont end up with yuigahama yui...
Jun 29, 2015 1:24 PM
Apr 2015
Between the 2 main heroines, I'm Hachiman x Yukino all the way! Yui is really cute character and the contrast between the two makes them feel really compatible , but I feel that there is better chemistry between him and Yukino.
Jun 29, 2015 9:31 PM
Jun 2015
There is an eerie feeling at the end of the season with Yui. She may have martyred herself (or rather, decides to enter the world of mahou shoujo-ism) in her competition for Hachiman's affections.

It only makes one wonder how much Hachiman and Yukino will manage to mess up before the end of the entire series for them to recognize each other.
Jun 29, 2015 9:32 PM
Jul 2018
Yui loves me, coffeetenshi. Stop pairing my sweetie with 8man.
Jun 29, 2015 10:36 PM

Jan 2008
Honestly, I'm not sure who I want Hachiman to end up with but I know I don't want it to be Yukino. I wouldn't mind either Yui or Iroha as they both are interesting but I know it won't happen as Hachiman will most probably end up with Yukino. However, Hachiman ending up with Yukino would be so obvious. I'd rather have something different.
Jun 29, 2015 10:55 PM

Apr 2015
_Charl said:
Yondy375 said:

i think the only flawless thing in yukino is her skin
internet is a cruel mistress
Jun 29, 2015 11:27 PM

Jun 2014
pakyu said:
_Charl said:

Read the recent volume 11 or spoilers from 4chan she is the most broken individual at the moment.
Jun 29, 2015 11:52 PM

Jan 2008
CutePriest said:
pakyu said:

Read the recent volume 11 or spoilers from 4chan she is the most broken individual at the moment.

Does the fact that she is the most broken or flawed character warrant that she should get Hachiman? It's true that he might be interested in her but we still don't know that she is the one he's going to end up with.
Jun 29, 2015 11:58 PM
Jul 2018
Don't quote old post, man. It was before volume 11 released.
Jun 30, 2015 12:29 AM

Jun 2014
_Charl said:

Watari himself stated that he wrote Yukino to be the most flawed character, that's why he was surprised by her popularity.
Jun 30, 2015 12:32 AM

Jun 2014
HatsumiShinogu said:
CutePriest said:

Does the fact that she is the most broken or flawed character warrant that she should get Hachiman? It's true that he might be interested in her but we still don't know that she is the one he's going to end up with.
Why are you comparing character flaws with the ending couple ?? In case of importance she is second to 8man but Watari has focused the whole plot of the series around her , He gave her steady positive development frome volume 1-6 and then dragged her down to her weakest point from volume 7-11. Watari has pretty much thrown her to the bottom of an abyss. Also she is one of the best written character in the series after 8man.
CutePriestJun 30, 2015 12:39 AM
Jun 30, 2015 12:40 AM
Jul 2018
CutePriest said:
_Charl said:

Watari himself stated that he wrote Yukino to be the most flawed character, that's why he was surprised by her popularity.

Why should he quote a post that posted before volume 11?
Jun 30, 2015 12:48 AM

Jun 2014
_Charl said:
CutePriest said:

He said this way before volume 11.
Jun 30, 2015 1:02 AM
Jul 2018
CutePriest said:
_Charl said:

Where can I find Watari post that she the most flawed girl in /8manthedarknight/?

OT: It's Watari's opinion, tho. Do you think that she's that bad?
Jun 30, 2015 1:27 AM

Jun 2014
_Charl said:
CutePriest said:

Where can I find Watari post that she the most flawed girl in /8manthedarknight/?

OT: It's Watari's opinion, tho. Do you think that she's that bad?
I saw it on MAL some months ago. Also no she is not bad she just needs some motivation and someone to encourage her as nobody did that for her.

Also i really hope Watari will stop torturing her in the next volume , i am a
;)
Jun 30, 2015 6:54 AM
Apr 2015
None have shown merits so far that warrant a pairing with 8man..

Yui is too clung on her circle of friends including her social status in the Hayama Clique and keeping the service club together. i.e. She doesn't talk to Hikki at all in public during S1 oregairu, somewhat feels like shes ashamed of her crush on 8man.

Yukino is still unclear whether her feelings are of reliance or are romantic.

Iroha is too wishy-washy and shows advances to both Hayama and Hachiman.

What Hachiman wants is a "genuine" relationship, one that is transparent and void of lies. Currently only Komachi displays this trait and shows, care to her brother.

I believe whoever is the first one to accept all consequences and risks(including breaking friendships) and be open about wanting a relationship with 8man will win the shipping war. On that note I applaud Haruno for being the necessary evil to instigate these tough decisions, as the service club has stagnated to a status similar to the Hayato Clique, not wanting change and attempting to ignore the cracks on the surface.
Jun 30, 2015 7:29 PM
Jun 2015
_Charl said:
Yui loves me, coffeetenshi. Stop pairing my sweetie with 8man.

Not insinuating anything, just getting that out in the open: Yui at it stands at Vol. 11, appears to have ceded in the competition. This reminded me of the end of Episode 12 when the three of them are in front of Yukino's apartment. Hachiman offers to walk Yui to the station, but she said something along the line that it was not fair for him to do that as that would have been cheating.

This implies that at the end of Episode 12, she suspected Yukino harboring feelings for Hachiman. At this point, she still had some fight in her to want to go and win the game.

Now turning to the finale, we now have someone who claims that she is selfish and does not play fair. This complete 180 degree turn from someone who says she does not want to cheat (to win Hachiman's saffections) suggests that Yui is now at her last resort, and most likely is done.
Jun 30, 2015 7:46 PM
Oct 2012
coffeetenshi said:
Yui at it stands at Vol. 11, appears to have ceded in the competition.

Ultimately though, the battle is not her's to concede.

Nothing in this series has given us evidence to suspect that Yui is the ultimate judge of emotions. Of course Yui is doing the best she can with what she knows, but nothing suggests that what she knows is close to the the ultimate truth.

Yui right now is similar to Iroha with the SCP election. She wants to win on virtues, not on a default. Winning because Yukino withdraws without fighting is not a victory. Yui's "greed" is that she wants to win by virtue, not by condescension. This feeling is what raises her above Iroha. Yui is willing to gamble all on "genuine".

Whether she should win or not now depends on what the true story of Yukino's past is.
Jul 3, 2015 12:05 AM
Jan 2014
I'm on Yui ship.

After rereading the LN from vol 1 (with lots of skipping), my thought is as following

Yukino: the one he admires and wants to understand

In the beginning Yukino treats 8man like shit, lots and lots of insulting. Their bickering can't even be called conversation, more like trading insult with each other. Only after some time she starts to gain respect of him, most likely on Summer Camp arc (when he "helped" Rumi), and starts to act somewhat jealous on the Festival arc when Haruno teases 8man.

But it goes downhill because of the fake confession arc, she goes astray until the "genuine" speech by 8man, in which she seems to open up again. From this point on she seems to develop feelings (or something else, dependence?) for 8man, which I think is too fast actually, until it reached its peak on the latest Valentine arc. And Yukino's hints make 8man more conscious of her because he's been attracted to her from the beginning.

What I get from 8man and Yukino's interaction is more like a damsell in distress and the shining(?) knight who keeps helping her... I think their conversation is more focused on Yukino's problems, though I won't deny that 8man is obviously attracted to her. It contributes much to Yukino's development because she's opening up and starts to rely on her friends (not only 8man but also Yui). But their interaction doesn't do much to help 8man's character development.
My opinion is they're better off as friends with similar philosophy rather than romantic relationship.

Yui: the wonderful girl (stated by 8man several times in LN)

If we go by chronology then she's the first one who 8man helped by sacrificing himself, though he helped her not because it's her. So the obvious Yui's crush go on until the reset button, in which their relationship was fixed by Yukino (most glorious Yukino's moment IMO, where she actually went to get Yui back on her own decision and solved 8man-Yui problem). Well from that point Yui still keeps approaching 8man no matter how many times she gets indirect rejection, until the latest arc. And I believe she's the first girl he can consider as friend (on the same level as Totsuka and Zaimokuza, people that try to reach out to him but he keeps denying)

I like Yui and 8man's interaction when the 2 are alone together. Though awkward because Yui's obvious advance and 8man who keeps their distance, I have hope that there is something at the end of the line, at least on last episode 8man invited her about the promised date himself (not to mention on Valentine mood). I found their moments to be the most romantic in the whole series (which are downplayed in the anime IMO). She's the one who keeps supporting 8man from the beginning and contributes more to his character development (helping him get past his trauma by keep trying to show him that her feelings is sincere, and not because she's a nice girl). Their philosophy is clashing (Hachiman wants true relationship without sugarcoating, Yui is fine with compromising with others to keep "good" relationship), but that's why they can complement each other to reach the "right answer".

Well at least I can only hope that 8man and Yui's interactions throughout the entire series will not be in vain. Even if the ship doesn't sail, Watari should resolve their relationship in a good way. Otherwise there will be rage.
zenograffJul 3, 2015 12:41 AM
Jul 3, 2015 1:23 AM
Jan 2014
Vaultec said:

Yui is too clung on her circle of friends including her social status in the Hayama Clique and keeping the service club together. i.e. She doesn't talk to Hikki at all in public during S1 oregairu, somewhat feels like shes ashamed of her crush on 8man.

About this, remember again 8man's thought about Rumi's problem. "If a popular person talks to social outcast, do it where noone is looking. Otherwise it will make it worse". However awesome 8man is, he's established as an outcast to the whole school and specially his class. And Yui is popular. Hachiman even mentions Yui's way of conversing with him when they're alone as being considerate. On the other side, 8man himself doesn't want to destroy Yui's social standing.

And outside of class it's been shown they talk in public, like in front of class on the Festival arc, walking to club together, or walking home together.

Well they need to work it out somehow.
zenograffJul 3, 2015 1:26 AM
Jul 3, 2015 2:13 AM

Jun 2014
vangoz said:
I'm on Yui ship.

After rereading the LN from vol 1 (with lots of skipping), my thought is as following

Yukino: the one he admires and wants to understand

In the beginning Yukino treats 8man like shit, lots and lots of insulting. Their bickering can't even be called conversation, more like trading insult with each other. Only after some time she starts to gain respect of him, most likely on Summer Camp arc (when he "helped" Rumi), and starts to act somewhat jealous on the Festival arc when Haruno teases 8man.

But it goes downhill because of the fake confession arc, she goes astray until the "genuine" speech by 8man, in which she seems to open up again. From this point on she seems to develop feelings (or something else, dependence?) for 8man, which I think is too fast actually, until it reached its peak on the latest Valentine arc. And Yukino's hints make 8man more conscious of her because he's been attracted to her from the beginning.

What I get from 8man and Yukino's interaction is more like a damsell in distress and the shining(?) knight who keeps helping her... I think their conversation is more focused on Yukino's problems, though I won't deny that 8man is obviously attracted to her. It contributes much to Yukino's development because she's opening up and starts to rely on her friends (not only 8man but also Yui). But their interaction doesn't do much to help 8man's character development.
My opinion is they're better off as friends with similar philosophy rather than romantic relationship.

Yui: the wonderful girl (stated by 8man several times in LN)

If we go by chronology then she's the first one who 8man helped by sacrificing himself, though he helped her not because it's her. So the obvious Yui's crush go on until the reset button, in which their relationship was fixed by Yukino (most glorious Yukino's moment IMO, where she actually went to get Yui back on her own decision and solved 8man-Yui problem). Well from that point Yui still keeps approaching 8man no matter how many times she gets indirect rejection, until the latest arc. And I believe she's the first girl he can consider as friend (on the same level as Totsuka and Zaimokuza, people that try to reach out to him but he keeps denying)

I like Yui and 8man's interaction when the 2 are alone together. Though awkward because Yui's obvious advance and 8man who keeps their distance, I have hope that there is something at the end of the line, at least on last episode 8man invited her about the promised date himself (not to mention on Valentine mood). I found their moments to be the most romantic in the whole series (which are downplayed in the anime IMO). She's the one who keeps supporting 8man from the beginning and contributes more to his character development (helping him get past his trauma by keep trying to show him that her feelings is sincere, and not because she's a nice girl). Their philosophy is clashing (Hachiman wants true relationship without sugarcoating, Yui is fine with compromising with others to keep "good" relationship), but that's why they can complement each other to reach the "right answer".

Well at least I can only hope that 8man and Yui's interactions throughout the entire series will not be in vain. Even if the ship doesn't sail, Watari should resolve their relationship in a good way. Otherwise there will be rage.

I am on Yukino ship ( have read every volume till 10 )

8man never takes Yukino's statement as insults. Gradually he comes to accept them as a part of her.She was surprised by how he was able to see Haruno's facade and complimemted him. Also she starts taking interest in him from volume 2 as she admits it was fun to be with him as they depart to go home. In the camp arc she admits that even though his methods are wrong he tried to do something good and praises hem while Yui thinks otherwise.

She gets mad at him because he sacrifices himself for superficial relationship and for people who barely care about him. Also because they both hate superficiality. She doesn't open up quickly after 'genuine' speech rather she gets mad as she can't comprehend his actions. Her somewhat dependence is first shown in volume 10 while they met Yukimom not before. Also she is the one who is trying to give him something genuine and always reminds him about that.

Yukino has never acted as a damsell in distress and 8man has also never acted like a shining knight. Their interactions are the most natural and interesting in the series whether they are insults or praises. Also Yukino has never shared any of her problems with 8man or Yui till volume 11. Actually her interactions add a lot to 8man's development just her one sentence "I thought you wold understand" actually makes 8man believe that he want wrong somewhere. Also his changing view on Yukino also plays a MAJOR role in his character development. Yukino is the first person to whom 8man has asked to be his friend(even in volume 1) which also proves that she is the first girl he considered as friend.

When 8man and Yukino are alone their interactions are most interesting and add a lot to their character. I like them mainly because they are not the usual girl making advances and the guy getting flustered. They feel natural as compared to his interactions with Yui. Rather than always helping or praising him she also points out his mistakes and rejects his methods and he does the same for her in volume 11, that also proves how open they act with each other. Being supportive does not mean always praising or going with the flow of said person.

All the Yukino and 8man scenes mutual while most of the Yui scenes are one-sided. Hence even though Yukino has less romantic moments they shine the most.
8man feels most comfortable around Yukino. Also his monologues on Yukino and his wish to understand her more also shows his growing attraction towards her throughout the series. She feels the same way towards him as hinted and pretty much shown in the latest volume.

These two individuals are learning a lot from each other and have developed a lot by first mistaking about predicting each other and after knowing their mistakes trying to understand each other.

8man has asked Yukino to be his friend in volume 1, again in volume 6 and if 12 is the last one then he will ask her again but what he will ask is something even i can't comprihend ;)
CutePriestJul 3, 2015 3:12 AM
Jul 3, 2015 3:26 AM
Jan 2014
CutePriest said:

8man never takes Yukino's statement as insults. She was surprised by how he was able to see Haruno's facade and complimemted him. Also she starts taking interest in him from volume 2 as she admits it was fun to be with him as they depart to go home. In the camp arc she admits that even though his methods are wrong he tried to do something good and praises hem while Yui thinks otherwise.

She gets mad at him because he sacrifices himself for superficial relationship and for people who barely care about him. Also because they both hate superficiality. She doesn't open up quickly after 'genuine' speech rather she gets mad as she can't comprehend his actions. Her somewhat dependence is first shown in volume 10 while they met Yukimom not before. Also she is the one who is trying to give him something genuine and always reminds him about that.

Yukino has never acted as a damsell in distress and 8man has also never acted like a shining knight. Their interactions are the most natural and interesting in the series whether they are insults or praises. Also Yukino has never shared any of her problems with 8man or Yui till volume 11. Actually her interactions add a lot to 8man's development just her one sentence "I thought you wold understand" actually makes 8man believe that he want wrong somewhere. Also his changing view on Yukino also plays a MAJOR role in his character development. Yukino is the first person to whom 8man has asked to be his friend(even in volume 1) which also proves that she is the first girl he considered as friend.

When 8man and Yukino are alone their interactions are most interesting and add a lot to their character. I like them mainly because they are not the usual girl making advances and the guy getting flustered. They feel natural as compared to his interactions with Yui. Rather than always helping or praising him she also points out his mistakes and he does the same for her in volume 11, that also proves how open they act with each other. Being supportive does not mean always praising or going with the flow.

All the Yukino and 8man scenes mutual while most of the Yui scenes are one-sided. Hence even though Yukino has less romantic moments they shine the most.
8man feels most comfortable around Yukino. Also his monologues on Yukino and his wish to understand her more also shows his growing attraction towards her throughout the series. She feels the same way towards him as hinted and pretty much shown in the latest volume.

These two individuals are learning a lot from each other and have developed a lot by first mistaking about predicting each other and after knowing their mistakes trying to understand each other.

8man has asked Yukino to be his friend in volume 1, again in volume 6 and if 12 is the last one then he will ask her again but what he will ask is something even i can't comprihend ;)

Yeah, I can somewhat accept Yukino's contribution to 8man's development because she's the "problem generator" and because of 8man's inherent attraction to her that intrigued him to keep questioning, but not so much because of their interaction, that's what I think.

About praising and pointing out his mistakes, that apply to both Yukino and Yui, with their bad cop-good cop role. Yui also points out his mistake ("You need to think more of how others feel") and frequently tells him to have more positive views via their conversations.

Yukino and 8man's bickering is fun to read (though it decreases really a lot in recent chapters, and becomes more like teasing lately) and they have the synergy because of their similar intellectual level and loner experience. Though it doesn't mean they should have romantic relationship, is what I think.

I won't say Yui scenes are one-sided, because several times 8man's monologue says he "wants to take at least one step forward", whatever that could be interpreted as. One of the defining moment in their relationship is the Festival arc, where Yui, the "everybody's friend", tells 8man that "People are a real pain" (omitted from anime). Later on 8man asks for Yui's help to fill in a form even though he could ask anyone else, because "it's easy to rely on Yuigahama". I think that shows that they're starting to open up to each other.

In a way Yui also acts as YukixHachi shipper because several times she asked 8man to "help Yukino when she needs it", which (I hope it doesn't happen this way ;_;) could backfire on Yui.

Anyway the ending is on Wataru's hand, and by trend and storyline I know Yukino has much higher chance (2nd most important character and the most explored character in the story, while Yui doesn't have any background story). I'm hoping a non-standard ending where the main heroine is not the end-girl, but the probability is slim. The least I can hope is a good resolution that doesn't spoil the story so far.
Jul 3, 2015 3:57 AM

Jun 2014
vangoz said:
CutePriest said:

8man never takes Yukino's statement as insults. She was surprised by how he was able to see Haruno's facade and complimemted him. Also she starts taking interest in him from volume 2 as she admits it was fun to be with him as they depart to go home. In the camp arc she admits that even though his methods are wrong he tried to do something good and praises hem while Yui thinks otherwise.

When 8man and Yukino are alone their interactions are most interesting and add a lot to their character. I like them mainly because they are not the usual girl making advances and the guy getting flustered. They feel natural as compared to his interactions with Yui. Rather than always helping or praising him she also points out his mistakes and he does the same for her in volume 11, that also proves how open they act with each other. Being supportive does not mean always praising or going with the flow.

Yeah, I can somewhat accept Yukino's contribution to 8man's development because she's the "problem generator" and because of 8man's inherent attraction to her that intrigued him to keep questioning, but not so much because of their interaction, that's what I think.

About praising and pointing out his mistakes, that apply to both Yukino and Yui, with their bad cop-good cop role. Yui also points out his mistake ("You need to think more of how others feel") and frequently tells him to have more positive views via their conversations.

Yukino and 8man's bickering is fun to read (though it decreases really a lot in recent chapters, and becomes more like teasing lately) and they have the synergy because of their similar intellectual level and loner experience. Though it doesn't mean they should have romantic relationship, is what I think.

I won't say Yui scenes are one-sided, because several times 8man's monologue says he "wants to take at least one step forward", whatever that could be interpreted as. One of the defining moment in their relationship is the Festival arc, where Yui, the "everybody's friend", tells 8man that "People are a real pain" (omitted from anime). Later on 8man asks for Yui's help to fill in a form even though he could ask anyone else, because "it's easy to rely on Yuigahama". I think that shows that they're starting to open up to each other.

In a way Yui also acts as YukixHachi shipper because several times she asked 8man to "help Yukino when she needs it", which (I hope it doesn't happen this way ;_;) could backfire on Yui.

Anyway the ending is on Wataru's hand, and by trend and storyline I know Yukino has much higher chance (2nd most important character and the most explored character in the story, while Yui doesn't have any background story). I'm hoping a non-standard ending where the main heroine is not the end-girl, but the probability is slim. The least I can hope is a good resolution that doesn't spoil the story so far.
How is Yukino a problem generator?? Please elaborate. Yui never rejects his methods while Yukino does, she tries to come up with various different methods so that he doesn't have to sacrifice himself as shown in volume 8. All Yui says is that she doesn't want something like that. When does Yui openly rejects 8man?

They are not similar they even admit that they thought they were similar but that was not the case in volume 9. The reason for both of them to end up as loners is completely different. They feel attracted to each other and whether they SHOULD have romantic feelings for each other is not something we can decide.

The "step forward" sentence generally points to his hatred for nice girls , he wants to take a step forward means he is ready to look at nice girls from a different perspective as he also says that Miura is a nice girl.

You are saying it as if 8man won't help yukino unless Yui tells him to, which is not the case.

The novels have yet to end, Watari is still holding a lot of cards about Yukino in the back. Watari has focused the whole story on her as the plot revolves around her even more than 8man. Watari has given her both positive and negative development.Yukino is at her weakest at volume 11 but on this point on wards it's hard to predict her actions as well. If Yukino shows great development and wins 8man on her merit then i don't see why it is standard ending. You are downplaying Yukino's importance just because she is the main girl and you don't prefer her.
CutePriestJul 3, 2015 4:20 AM
Jul 3, 2015 4:38 AM
Jan 2014
CutePriest said:

How is Yukino a problem generator?? Please elaborate. Yui never rejects his methods while Yukino does, she tries to come up with various different methods so that he doesn't have to sacrifice himself as shown in volume 8. All Yui says is that she doesn't want something like that.

They are not similar they even admit that they thought they were similar but that was not the case. The reason for both of them to be loners is completely different. They feel attracted to each other and whether they SHOULD have romantic feelings for each other is not something we can decide.

The "step forward" sentence generally points to his hatred for nice girls , he wants to take a step forward means he is ready to look at nice girls from a different perspective as he also says that Miura is a nice girl.

You are saying it as if 8man helps yukino(in the cultural fest arc) only because Yui tells him to, which is not the case.

The novels have yet to end, Watari is still holding a lot of cards about Yukino in the back. Watari has focused the whole story on her as the plot revolves around her even more than 8man. Yukino is at her weakest at volume 11 but on this point on wards it's hard to predict her actions as well. If Yukino shows great development and wins 8man on her merit then i don't see why it is standard ending. You are downplaying Yukino's importance just because she is the main girl and you don't prefer her.

Yukino is the problem generator in later arcs because almost all problems are related to her mental condition or past. That's what makes her the most explored character in the series.

- Summer camp: loosely related to Yukino's past
- Festival: her relation with 8man was broken because of the car incident, then she chose to help Sagami by herself even though Yui and 8man were against it.
- Election: (though the cause is 8man's fault) her relation with 8man was broken again because of the fake confession, making them unable to cooperate to solve the election problem, thus miscommunication occurs and their relation became worse because they didn't clearly understand each other's motives.
- Christmas: she totally gave up the club, told 8man to not force himself to come to the club, until the "genuine" speech
- Hayato arc: Yukino is related to the rumor, and also her relationship with Hayato, which makes 8man anxious
- Valentine: no need to say, she's the focus

Almost all later problems are actually about 8man and Yui trying to fix their relation with Yukino and making her more open. That's why Yukino's role is the problem generator, 8man is the problem solver (sometimes also generator), and Yui is support role who keeps things together. This is in the context of the club's internal struggle, which gives development to the characters. And Yukino's mysterious past makes 8man intrigued to learn more about her.

The other points are subjective depending on how readers view it, so I won't counter.

Yukino is the main girl indeed but storywise I want to hope more chance for Yui because of her interaction with 8man, not because who the story is more focused on. And yes I prefer Yui because choosing Yukino would invalidate all YuixHachi interactions that's been shown to readers (which has been longer and more consistent than Yukino), unless it's done really well, which I could still accept with tears ;_;

Edit:

Oh right, Yui will not openly reject Hachiman (maybe except that fake confession scene) because she rejects his method (Election, she knew that his method was wrong but told him that he did his best) but she cannot reject him as a person for obvious reason.
zenograffJul 3, 2015 4:58 AM
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2015

1002 by venbals »»
Mar 29, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2015

556 by venbals »»
Mar 29, 1:08 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 21, 2015

667 by venbals »»
Mar 16, 10:16 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 7, 2015

421 by venbals »»
Mar 16, 9:12 PM

» Help me understand the whole drama ( 1 2 )

GuidSMR - Apr 4, 2023

65 by NaughtySempai »»
Feb 26, 8:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.