Forum Settings
Forums
That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2015 2:01 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
> “Senpai, blood, it’s bleeding…… I can’t stop the blood……”

Well, this series is quite honest about getting the MC killed in the beginning. Only catch is that he gets reincarnated as..a WHAT. Kinda felt bad for this 37-year old guy.
May 30, 2015 3:59 PM
Mar 2012
Not the first slime reincarnation series I've read, but it still is a very entertaining one. It's pretty ironic how he reincarnates into a blind slime, and soon afterwards, befriends a legendary dragon. Luckily, he does evolve to human form. As much as I like the creativity of a story about someone reincarnating to one of the lowest tier monsters, it'd wouldn't be as exciting as having a main character in humanoid form.

One thing to note though is that the light novel romanizes "リムル" as "Rimuru," keeping the katakana spelling and not westernizing it to the standard "ru" to "l." It's probably a mistake, but since "Rimuru" is constantly used, I'm inclined to refer him to that name.
Jul 21, 2015 3:06 PM

Jun 2013
Sep 10, 2015 5:58 PM

Jul 2009
Stark700 said:
Well, this series is quite honest about getting the MC killed in the beginning. Only catch is that he gets reincarnated as..a WHAT. Kinda felt bad for this 37-year old guy.
Apart from his manhood, I feel he got a pretty sweet deal! Unlike a normal slime, he was created out of the dragon's spiritual/demonic energy.
(Possible spoiler & possible conjecture)

LastChapter said:
It's pretty ironic how he reincarnates into a blind slime...
Luckily, he does evolve to human form.
Slimes don't have eyes so being blind is the basic idea... You could say that a normal (unintelligent) slime judges it's surrounding by the magic pressure similar to echolocation used by bats. [Magic Perception] is a more advanced version where rather than just feeling bodies, you decipher the bodies shape, color, etc. With Rimuru's intelligence, Veldora explained the magic pressure that Rimuru completely disregarded because it was akin to background noise.
Sep 10, 2015 6:03 PM

May 2013
Azurea said:
It's an exceptional LN~

Coming from the guy that rated NGNL and Mondaiji 10, I am not so sure about the correctness of your opinion.
Jul 6, 2017 8:33 AM
Mar 2016
Stark700 said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
> “Senpai, blood, it’s bleeding…… I can’t stop the blood……”

How many chapters/volumes did manga cover with its 26 chapters
May 25, 2023 11:18 PM
Jul 2018
Mikami got asked by his coworkers for a meetup because his coworker Tamura and Sawatari wanted to ask for an advice. They literally wanted an advice from someone like Minami who never had a girlfriend in his entire life. Even though Minami is good-looking, no girls tried to make a move on him, huh? Honestly, even for a country like Japan where almost everyone is educated and respectful, there will always be people who steal and would do anything to the point that they would take the lives of others. It is honestly just pathetic. While Minami was dying though, he literally summoned all his strength just to tell his coworker to delete everything he has had in his computer for his sake. Lol! Also, what's with the mysterious voice that is surely different from Tamura's? It keeps on replying to Minami's words and it seems to be giving him skills. So far, the "skills" he has acquired from all his talking-to-self sessions are resistances to temperature, predator, sage, and electricity. It must be scary to die. The seemingly endless plain you'd have to endure until your last breath and the fear of dying itself. Though all of this can be coped by believing that reincarnation is real, and I know that reincarnation is definitely real.

Man, honestly. If I got reincarnated with all my memories intact as a being that has no eyes nor any of the human senses at all, I would literally lose my mind and cry for eternity. I am impessed how Mikami kept his cool. There's someone... or something that seems to be talking to Mikami. Who could it be? Well, all I can guess at the moment while I'm at this part of the read is that it's a god, or maybe a game admin of some sort. Also, this unique skill called [Predator] is so freaking useful! Like, it has five effects too! I guess it's classified as a unique skill for a reason then, haha! The five effects are (1)Predation, (2)Analysis, (3)Stomach, (4)Mimicry, and (5) Isolation. Stomach has the best feature out of all these skills because Mikami can literally just store anything inside of this skill and the items stored inside the [Stomach] skill cannot age because everything inside the skill has its date and time halted. It's literally just like a pocket dimension. Well, analysis, in my opinion, is second to the most useful skill under the unique skill [Predator]. Imagine just easily being able to recreate items as long as you have the ingredients needed. Mikami in this new life of his as a slime doesn't seem to bad at all! Well, I hope he won't get capturef and get found out that he's a slime that can reproduce things by ease as long as the ingredients needed are present. But this is only what's good about the [Predator] unique skill. However, the extra skill that he got called [Sage], but then was evolved into a unique skill [Great Sage] is far more greater than all of the unique skills he got. The [Great Sage] unique skill can literally reply to Rimuru and ease his mind because he got someone to talk with! It also seems to know ow to count, it's like a clock for him. So it's been ninety (90) days since Mikami got reincarnated as a slime, huh? And it took that long of 90 days for the [Great Sage] unique skill to fuse itself with Mikami's soul. How interesting.

We learn so much from the [Great Sage] unique skill especially about how the body of a slime works. It also consists of five different skill effects and out of all five of them, [All of Creation] effect seems the most useful! It's very interesting and it's a lucky spawn for Mikami to have spawned in a location where it's full of magicules. I am so glad for Mikami to have received the recently evolved extra skill, [Great Sage] to have it because making those potions could have been 50 minutes long as stated! Damn, I love this unique skill. So there are two types of beings in this world, the naturally born people and the magic-born people. Interesting.

So Veldora cannot leave the Ultimate Imprisonment because the process is as tedious and as similar to the process of transmgration, in other words, reincarnation to other worlds huh? But I bet transmigration to other worlds is even more tedious.
Jun 22, 2023 7:03 AM
Jul 2018
Damn, the manga didn't really highlight the distance between nearby Kingdoms and just how big the world they're in is. It's good to read and refreshen my mind that this world isn't convenient when traveling to other nations because of no modern transportation. It's amazing how Gobta ran all the way to Dwarven Kingdom all by himself once, woah.

So we learn something about the [Mimicry] effect of the [Predator] unique skill, taking enough damage only damages the mimicry body and if enough damage is accumulated, he returns back to being a slime or whatever your true form is, huh? Maybe the magicules are dispersed every attack. Is there a way to not make it disperse though to keep the Mimicry effect longer or perhaps, if possible, forever?

Mildo is head of building operations, good for ya lad! What a unique way of Rimuru's naming the tribal leaders though. Vowels? Rigurd, Regurd, Rogurd, and Ranga!

Mildo, Dold, Garm

Lmao, Rimuru was the one who did it all! He is the reason behind the Storm Dragon's disappearance!

Holy hell, I didn't know Gobta was so brave back then even when he was still a Goblin!

More topics from this board

» Units of Measurements

AK-TheQuark - Mar 27, 2022

2 by Garrypyton »»
Nov 3, 2023 5:40 AM

» WN readers help!

Chanki_33 - Sep 17, 2023

6 by kasra2494 »»
Sep 18, 2023 1:05 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Volume 15 Discussion

AngelofFrost - Mar 31, 2021

5 by Evilhunger »»
Jan 20, 2023 11:58 PM

» Is this in first person or third person?

Cneq - Nov 27, 2022

1 by ChouunShiryuu »»
Nov 27, 2022 6:25 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Volume 13 Discussion

AngelofFrost - Mar 31, 2021

6 by Rubrick25 »»
Apr 12, 2022 10:09 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.