Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Must be a Club Member to Reply 
May 27, 2015 11:29 AM

Welcome to Unpopular Anime Supporters.... UAS for short. This thread is for members to introduce themselves to the group. Talk about yourself, life, anime, etc. Be creative, and once again Welcome to UAS!
Modified by goshujin_sama241, Jun 8, 1:51 PM

May 27, 2015 10:13 PM
All right guess I'll start.

Hi! you can just call me Reverie 'cause my username's kinda long.

I'm still new to MAL but I'm trying my best to adapt to its environment, so if you see me doing something wrong, my apologies! D:

I can't remember how long I've been in this club, guess a week or month? Anyway, I'm really glad I joined, this club made me realize that even though a certain anime is unpopular to the masses, it doesn't mean that it's bad, in fact it may be your next favorite.

Nice to meet all of you and I hope we get along :)
Modified by Reverie, Oct 18, 2015 3:27 AM

May 28, 2015 3:47 AM

Reverie is first so I guess I'll be second.

I joined UAS back in February of 2015 and shortly after became the first Admin. I have always liked anime that most ignore, skip over, or don't really notice so UAS was the perfect club for me.

I designed the first two layouts for the clubs description as well as several members signature you currently see. I have been a fan of anime for about 12 years and don't think I will ever stop being one. I, just like any anime fan, enjoy discussing and debating anime.

Thank you for being apart of UAS and I hope that it is enjoyable for you as it is for me.

May 28, 2015 4:23 AM

Hii, I noticed the introduction thread a while ago but I was teaching so I didn't have the time to write a proper introduction :)

My name is Merel and I joined UAS a couple of weeks ago. I was so happy when I came across this club.

I joined because in real life people always ask about my favourite anime and my answer is: Mujin Wakusei Survive, Tsuritama, Genshiken, Grander Musashi and Bokurano. Their reaction is either: I don't know those anime or they're staring at me. Also people actually got mad at me because I still haven't watch Naruto, Bleach and FMA and the only ''popular'' anime I watch are One Piece and Detective Conan and nobody I know is watching those because they're too long.

So I'm glad I found some people who also appreciate unknown/unpopular anime.

I hope we can get along!
~Where's Gnasty Gnorc? I'll torch him!~

May 28, 2015 6:19 AM

I am Soulofanime, I joined this club a month ago, I think. I joined because most of my favorites are unpopular and also to shed some light on the unpopular anime I like, such is Shion no Ou, or those I have watched, such is the anime that will be the next anime of the week.

May 28, 2015 7:14 AM

I am mlcdl. I recently joined the club when I noticed this club under Girls Und Panzer Movie related clubs. I joined this club seems I thought it will be interesting joining knowing that most of the anime I like are tends to be unpopular like Tsuritama, Bokurano, Black Cat, Yuuki Yuuna and Yozakura Quartet.

May 28, 2015 8:16 AM

I am zombie_pegasus. I found out about this club when I saw it in the club relations of Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai. When I saw anime in the relations that I thought were popular, such as "Love Live", I decided to suggest a bunch of anime from my own list that fit the description of "less than 100,000 members". I decided to stay, and the club has improved a lot since then. I joined the club on March 20th. Most of the anime I watch seems to fall under the definition of "unpopular".

May 28, 2015 9:21 PM

Hi! I'm WingKing, and I joined this club last month, when I noticed it in the club listings for Yuki Yuna is a Hero.

I've been watching anime on and off since 1998, and I've watched quite a bit of unpopular anime just because of my personal preferences. My only criteria for choosing shows is whether I think I'll enjoy them, but it so happens that I love magical girl shows and I also tend to like slice-of-life, which are seemingly two of the least-popular (or at least among the most love-it-or-hate-it) genres for western fans. Of course, I've also seen a lot of older anime that would be considered unpopular nowadays just because everyone's forgotten about them!

Anyway, I'm always looking for good recommendations and new shows to try - one of the things that drew me to this club was seeing what kind of interesting off-the-beaten path shows other people might be watching. Some of the unpopular anime that I'm currently watching or have completed in the last 3-4 months include Kaitou Joker, Houkago no Pleiades, Kenkou Zenrakei Suieibu Umishou, Lyrical Nanoha Vivid, and Yama no Susume.

May 28, 2015 11:03 PM

Hi, my name is UberWarri0r.

I have been into anime since late 2012 or so. Before that I only watched a few anime and I've finished even less back then. Yet since then I've been a huge fan of anime. I love slice of life anime the most.

I just joined UAS today, since I realized that a large % of what I watch would be considered unpopular.

May 29, 2015 5:50 AM

UberWarri0r said:
Hi, my name is UberWarri0r.

I have been into anime since late 2012 or so. Before that I only watched a few anime and I've finished even less back then. Yet since then I've been a huge fan of anime. I love slice of life anime the most.

I just joined UAS today, since I realized that a large % of what I watch would be considered unpopular.

Welcome to UAS. I too am a big fan of slice of life anime, and if you notice slice of life anime make up a majority of unpopular titles. I hope you will enjoy our club. You will meet some wonderful people and be introduced to a number of really good anime.

WingKing said:
Anyway, I'm always looking for good recommendations and new shows to try - one of the things that drew me to this club was seeing what kind of interesting off-the-beaten path shows other people might be watching.

We want to try to get a way to recommend more titles to others without creating a huge mess on the club page. One reason I started Anime of the Week was to do just that, but I do realize that the anime selected might not be up to every ones taste. It will be a good idea for us to look into that.

zombie_pegasus said:
I decided to stay, and the club has improved a lot since then.

Thanks a lot. You were one of the people who helped create a plan to redesign the club. There are still a number of anime members question why they are listed in our club relations. I want everyone to bring their view full circle. I am a person who loves to debate. Use the Anime Removal thread to join in if you like.

mlcdl said:
I am mlcdl. I recently joined the club when I noticed this club under Girls Und Panzer Movie related clubs. I joined this club seems I thought it will be interesting joining knowing that most of the anime I like are tends to be unpopular like Tsuritama, Bokurano, Black Cat, Yuuki Yuuna and Yozakura Quartet.

You will also fine a whole lot more that you didn't even know were adapted. Also even more that you can recommend for addition to club relations.

Soulofanime said:
I am Soulofanime, I joined this club a month ago, I think. I joined because most of my favorites are unpopular and also to shed some light on the unpopular anime I like, such is Shion no Ou, or those I have watched, such is the anime that will be the next anime of the week.

Shed some light we shall. You work has been instrumental to our redesign. You are my right arm... thanks for being an awesome admin!

Mewrel said:
Hii, I noticed the introduction thread a while ago but I was teaching so I didn't have the time to write a proper introduction :)

My name is Merel and I joined UAS a couple of weeks ago. I was so happy when I came across this club.

I joined because in real life people always ask about my favourite anime and my answer is: Mujin Wakusei Survive, Tsuritama, Genshiken, Grander Musashi and Bokurano. Their reaction is either: I don't know those anime or they're staring at me. Also people actually got mad at me because I still haven't watch Naruto, Bleach and FMA and the only ''popular'' anime I watch are One Piece and Detective Conan and nobody I know is watching those because they're too long.

So I'm glad I found some people who also appreciate unknown/unpopular anime.

I hope we can get along!

This is an amazing group of people. My friends in everyday life who know me, know I do not like watching popular, mainstream anime. Here you can find people who have seen anime that you have and ones you yourself have never heard of. I love this club and glad I get to be apart of it. I don't know if I am doing a good enough job but I will continue to spread the word of unpopular anime.

Reverie_is_mE said:
All right guess I'll start.

Hi! you can just call me Ace 'cause my username's kinda long, or if you're used to calling me Reverie, then it's fine.

I'm still new to MAL but I'm trying my best to adapt to its environment, so if you see me doing something wrong, my apologies! D:

I can't remember how long I've been in this club, guess a week or month? Anyway, I'm really glad I joined, this club made me realize that even though a certain anime is unpopular to the masses, it doesn't mean that it's bad, in fact it may be your next favorite.

Nice to meet all of you and I hope we get along :)

I am glad you feel that way. MAL no matter how flawed people view it a great place where you can meet a number of really good people and partake in some really meaningful conversations, discussions, and friendships. I hope you ALL enjoy their time here in UAS. We are glad to have you here.

May 29, 2015 10:49 AM

Hi, call me treb or meg. I joined just a month ago by the invitation of Soulofanime (my waifu). I am a fan of unpopular anime (though my favorites are popular xD) and I hope to find hidden gems from here. Looking forward to our camaraderie! :)

May 29, 2015 10:25 PM
trebmeg said:
Hi, call me treb or meg. I joined just a month ago by the invitation of Soulofanime (my waifu).

xD Finally trebmeg's here, been waiting for his introduction.

goshujin_sama241 said:
I hope you ALL enjoy their time here in UAS. We are glad to have you here.

Yeah! UAS all the way! ^^

May 29, 2015 10:45 PM

Hey treb, what do you mean when you said that soul is your waifu? Usually when I hear people call a real life person their waifu they say it jokingly.

May 30, 2015 11:16 PM

Well time to introduce myself...

Yo, I'm dMonsterBeatsb. I joined this club through being a friend of goshujin_sama241 after I had seen him join a new club, especially of one that is for unpopular anime and he became an admin, I thought I'd join to support the creator's and his effort to make this club recognised. (goshujin_sama and I talk about Popular vs Unpopular anime topics from time to time as well)

I started watching anime in 2013 (i'm glad I did), I tried all sorts of anime and surprised that there were so many to watch besides the popular anime. I love finding hidden gems and wish people knew about them too. Because I get the same reaction as well of "I don't know that anime" or "Never heard of it". We need to shed some light on these anime!

So with that said, I hope all of us can get along and nice to meet you all! :D

May 31, 2015 7:45 AM

@reverie: kyaaaaaa.. why would you wait for me? xD

@zombie: nah, i'm just teasing soul :P

Jun 1, 2015 1:33 AM
trebmeg said:
@reverie: kyaaaaaa.. why would you wait for me? xD

Well since your a mod, I assumed that you were more active than all of us here, and I thought you were gonna introduce yourself before anyone else, so yeah :3

Jun 6, 2015 6:14 AM

Yup, I'm Doubledog, nice to meet you all!
I've found this club while I was reading the comments in the "Haruchika Series" thread, thanks to a banner in Mewrel's signature.
I've been into anime since summer 2012, my first one with subs was Sasameki Koto (although SK is one of the most popular yuri anime, the yuri genre isn't that popular, the italian yuri fandom is veeery small).
It seems that the most appreciated anime are shounen, but I don't like much MCs from them, or harem and ecchi, wich I don't enjoy, so... (Even though I'm open to all -maybe not ecchi lol-)
Oh, I truly love slice of life!

I'm a user of Yahoo!Answers too (but the italian section), and I get mad when I see always the same recommendations because I think "There's a lot more! Why would you get stuck just on the famous series?". I don't hate mainstream or famous things (I haven't seen/read OP, Naruto and things like that because they're too long for me, sorry xD), but unpopular anime deserve more love!

Since I want to know more about anime's world this sounds like the perfect club for me!
See ya!

Jun 6, 2015 7:11 AM
Welcome @Doubledog ! :)

Sorry for asking out of the blue, but do you speak italian?

Jun 6, 2015 7:16 AM

Yep, I'm from Italy after all :3 (I didn't say it, ops)
-And I'm sorry for any mistakes and all, but the first time I've written in english was just 2 weeks ago xD-

Jun 6, 2015 7:44 AM
Doubledog said:
-And I'm sorry for any mistakes and all, but the first time I've written in english was just 2 weeks ago xD-

Nice! It's really cool meeting someone who can speak a different language here, well it's better in person but you know what I mean lol

No worries, your English is good tho, in case you're having trouble just ask alright?

Again, nice to meet you and I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Jun 6, 2015 10:16 AM

Doubledog said:
I've found this club while I was reading the comments in the "Haruchika Series" thread, thanks to a banner in Mewrel's signature.

Well Welcome to UAS! I am..... well no one important but I am one of the admins of UAS so I welcome you. I actually am the one who made the banner for Mewrell as well as the other members of our club (excluding dmonsterbeatsb who made his own)

Doubledog said:
Oh, I truly love slice of life!

You will meet a lot of slice of life fans here. Myself included

Doubledog said:
unpopular anime deserve more love!
Since I want to know more about anime's world this sounds like the perfect club for me!

We all feel that way and really love the club. I myself have watch a couple of good titles off of member recommendations and have enjoyed them all so don't be shy.

Doubledog said:

I say that your English is really good, especially for someone who has only been writing for only 2 weeks. We have members for all over so again don't be shy. (Europe, Australia, Philippines, South east Asia, Canada, United States) They are an awesome group of people. I hope you enjoy the club and it is nice to meet you.

Jun 6, 2015 1:32 PM

Thank you both! :D
goshujin_sama241 said:

I actually am the one who made the banner for Mewrell as well as the other members of our club (excluding dmonsterbeatsb who made his own)

Ah, talking about banners, would it be a problem if I do my banner by myself?

Jun 7, 2015 12:28 PM

Doubledog said:

Ah, talking about banners, would it be a problem if I do my banner by myself?

That is fine with me. I do it as a little something from me to the club members. Thank you for representing UAS!

Jun 7, 2015 12:55 PM

Doubledog said:
I've been into anime since summer 2012, my first one with subs was Sasameki Koto (although SK is one of the most popular yuri anime, the yuri genre isn't that popular, the italian yuri fandom is veeery small).

Somehow I'm very happy that my banner made you find this club :)
I had a time when I was really into Yuri anime so I've watched Sasameki Koto as well. I remember I was so hyped when it got released.

It's nice to meet you !!
~Where's Gnasty Gnorc? I'll torch him!~

Jun 7, 2015 8:42 PM

Hello~
I joined because my first anime is not very popular (Pani Poni Dash) and unpopular anime should get more praise.
I'm in middle school, spend a lot of time on MAL (probably more than I watch anime :P) If possible, could I help make the member cards? Here's an example:
Thanks! I hope we all get along!

Jun 8, 2015 4:34 AM

Jun 8, 2015 7:52 AM

welcome new members!

doubledog and iamthecheese, enjoy your stay :)

Jun 8, 2015 2:22 PM

Hi all, i'm Kiruth.
Found the club following the banner in Doubledog's signature. I'm Italian too and i love to spend my (little) free time watching some good anime. I must say that after a while it's difficult to find something new and refreshing, and searching/dig out some old gems is time consuming and, sometimes, difficult.

The relations list contains some goodies, so why not stay? XD
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Jun 8, 2015 3:08 PM

Kiruth said:
Hi all, i'm Kiruth.
Found the club following the banner in Doubledog's signature. I'm Italian too and i love to spend my (little) free time watching some good anime. I must say that after a while it's difficult to find something new and refreshing, and searching/dig out some old gems is time consuming and, sometimes, difficult.

The relations list contains some goodies, so why not stay? XD

Welcome to UAS Kiruth! You don't have to search that hard, we compile a list with good titles that anyone can enjoy. Browse, chat, and enjoy the club. It's nice to meet you.

Jun 11, 2015 12:10 PM

Greetings. I'll try to keep this short. I saw this club listed via WingDing in another club and thought "I do watch a lot of animes that are not that popular", in fact, it's downright rare to find someone who has seen it. That doesn't mean I don't watch popular series.

As you can see I am a veteran of MAL. I hope to have some good discussions at times.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Jun 11, 2015 12:47 PM

sbyrstall said:
Greetings. I'll try to keep this short. I saw this club listed via WingDing in another club and thought "I do watch a lot of animes that are not that popular", in fact, it's downright rare to find someone who has seen it. That doesn't mean I don't watch popular series.

As you can see I am a veteran of MAL. I hope to have some good discussions at times.

Good to see you here! It's nice to know my banner brought someone aboard.

BTW, I suggested your "WTF club" as an affiliate to this club a month or two back. You should talk to Soulofanime about that if you're interested - she's our outreach ambassador.

Jun 22, 2015 10:13 AM

Hello everyone.

I found this club on OffColfax's clubs list. I'm watching anime since 1991 (discovered it only recently - I thought that I watched it since 1993 or 1994 :-)) and have some mainstream and some really unpopular on my completed list :-)

I'm looking for recommendations on what to pick from my PTW list :-)

Jun 22, 2015 12:33 PM

mozgow said:
Hello everyone.

I found this club on OffColfax's clubs list. I'm watching anime since 1991 (discovered it only recently - I thought that I watched it since 1993 or 1994 :-)) and have some mainstream and some really unpopular on my completed list :-)

I'm looking for recommendations on what to pick from my PTW list :-)

First off welcome to UAS! I would say that it depends on what you would like to watch. If you are in for action and a bit of drama I recommend Aldnoah.Zero (the first season was really good in my opinion and the second was not bad, it just didn't live up to the expectations of the first, however it is an amazing series)
A good romantic comedy I highly recommend Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!(probably the best romcom I have ever seen)
Death Parade & Denpa Teki na Kanojo are really good. I did a short review for Denpa Teki na Kanojo in our anime of the week thread.
I could go on and on but I highly recommend you watch Akatsuki no Yona. It was a fantastic series and I don't think that anyone would dislike it. Watch it!

Also if you would like a custom signature banner, feel free to request one on our forum thread. Click here

Jun 22, 2015 10:51 PM

Currently I'm in the process of watching Slayers Try and later what is left in the franchise. After that I planned to finally watch Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex.

But after those two I would like to see something like Shinsekai yori :-)

Aug 2, 2015 1:14 AM

Hello! I just discovered this club and instantly thought that it was a perfect fit for me. Although I appreciate mainstream anime, many of my favorite series and characters are pretty unpopular. Although I like being different, it's somewhat hard when it comes to locating merchandise/finding other fans.

I've been around MAL for a long time, but I've never really interacted with the community all that much. So this is somewhat of a first for me, but hopefully we can all become friends.

For a little more info:

I'm currently a college student right now and have an avid interest in anime, manga, and video games. I've been watching for a while, since my middle school days, and have been an gamer for as long as I know. I also love studying Japanese culture and speak a decent amount of Japanese myself. I also run an anime blog that highlights the uniqueness of anime that fly underneath many people's radar.

That's it for my long introduction! It's nice to meet everyone!

Aug 2, 2015 5:31 AM
Welcome to U.A.S. and the forums MysticMagic~!

We're in the middle of reconstructing the club, and planning on having more activity here, feel free to tell us any unpopular anime in your list too.

Nice to meet you too :)

Aug 2, 2015 12:53 PM

Reverie_is_mE said:
Welcome to U.A.S. and the forums MysticMagic~!

We're in the middle of reconstructing the club, and planning on having more activity here, feel free to tell us any unpopular anime in your list too.

Nice to meet you too :)

Thank you for the welcome!

That's completely okay! Yeah, there was a lot of anime that I really love missing from the list, so I'll probably be slowly recommending them xD

^_^

Aug 3, 2015 5:03 AM

Hello, Naimo here ! I'm kinda new to MAL's forums so please excuse any dumb mistakes m(_ _)m

I've discovered anime 3-4 years ago, but I've been watching it seriously for 2 years.
I don't really have a favorite genre, I try to watch everything, I just can't stand anime with romance as the main plot.

I hope to have a good time here in UAS !

Aug 4, 2015 11:29 AM

Hi<3 im KittyMelody, you can call me Kitty!

even though I registered here on January, Ive been watching anime since I was little ^w^ my first anime was Sailor moon. even though its a mystery how people don't recognized her with her through disguised. my favorite genre is Romance, action, comedy, drama and mystery! my favorite anime changes all the time!

well that's me! UAS has been really helpful for me to find new anime<3 bye

Aug 4, 2015 5:01 PM

hi all, you can just call me Milk, I joined cuz I got an invite, and I wanna claim an unpoular character for my own, and some of my favorite anime is considered average or below average to what I think is not very good and doesnt deserve it's popularity...
I like what I like and that's what I like~

Aug 5, 2015 4:53 AM
Naimo, KittyMelody, Super-Milk-Chan

Welcome to UAS!

Aug 5, 2015 4:15 PM
Hello!
Im fisio96 but you can call me Faust or just fisio.
UAS is first club that i joined still my mal account is pretty old.
I joined this club cause im interested in less popular anime series and i want to know other interesting unpopular ones.
My 3 favorites are Ou Dorobou Jing , Planetes and Tsubasa chronicles.

Aug 6, 2015 5:21 AM
Welcome to UAS fisio~!

fisio96 said:
UAS is first club that i joined still my mal account is pretty old.
I joined this club cause im interested in less popular anime series and i want to know other interesting unpopular ones.

We're glad that this is your first club, and I'm sure you'll find great shows in our relations list.

Aug 25, 2015 6:33 AM
Hey!
Im deathclock1. Im still pretty new at MAL, so please be patient with me :). Been watching anime for as long as i can remember. I love all kinds of anime and looking forward to some recommendations from here.

My favorites for this Season are Charlotte, Shimoneta, Overlord, Gangsta and God Eater. :)

Aug 25, 2015 6:53 AM
Welcome to UAS deathclock~

Aug 28, 2015 9:38 AM

Hi, I'm Tsubameko!
I'm still rather new to MAL and anime/manga in general, and I joined this club to get to know less popular anime to have a more balanced selection to watch from.
...I'm so bad at introducing myself that I'll leave it at this saying hello. ^^" I'm looking forward to being in this club. :)

Aug 28, 2015 2:10 PM

Tsubameko said:
Hi, I'm Tsubameko!
I'm still rather new to MAL and anime/manga in general, and I joined this club to get to know less popular anime to have a more balanced selection to watch from.
...I'm so bad at introducing myself that I'll leave it at this saying hello. ^^" I'm looking forward to being in this club. :)

Well Welcome to UAS! Here you will find a great group of individuals who all love unpopular anime. We hope that you enjoy your time in our club.

Aug 28, 2015 8:07 PM

I stumbled onto this club and found a number of series on the related anime list that I have enjoyed. Additionally, it looks like there is a possibility for good discussion here. Some real thought has gone into the difficult task of finding anime series that are not so popular but might be hidden gems.

I first watched anime way back in the late 1970s and rediscovered it a few years ago as my general interest in animation finally led me in this direction. My taste deviates somewhat from the mainstream, mainly because the big action series that capture so much attention aren't really my thing, although I do like certain mainstream slice-of-life shows, such as the mindless fun that is K-On. I'm particularly interested in weirdness, and the Japanese seem to be particularly skilled and creative in exploring the weird and crazy side of life. Well executed weird anime series are also likely to be unpopular but highly rated, and I would expect to find some here. Indeed, I recognize a few of my favorite bizarre series on your list, including Excel Saga, Paniponi Dash, and Inferno Cop. Other types of series would be welcome too; well-written comedy, drama, slice-of-life, and cultural observation/criticism are some that I seek out, and I'm sure there are some to be discovered here. Mindless fun is great too, particularly after I've had a bad day and need to relax.

I'll keep an eye on the discussion here and contribute whatever I can, and hopefully I'll discover some interesting anime in the process.
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Aug 29, 2015 7:54 PM
Welcome to UAS WeirdHeather~

Aug 29, 2015 11:20 PM

WeirdHeather said:
I stumbled onto this club and found a number of series on the related anime list that I have enjoyed. Additionally, it looks like there is a possibility for good discussion here. Some real thought has gone into the difficult task of finding anime series that are not so popular but might be hidden gems.

cultural observation/criticism are some that I seek out, and I'm sure there are some to be discovered here.

I'll keep an eye on the discussion here and contribute whatever I can, and hopefully I'll discover some interesting anime in the process.

Indeed. Discussions and debates are the strong suit of our club. Looking forward to whatever you may contribute. Welcome to UAS WeirdHeather

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »