Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 26, 2015 8:29 AM

May 2014
I mean really. I guess it doesn't deserve a 6.67(currently) rating. I don't know people tell me what's wrong with it but this anime deserves a second chance. The animation isn't even half bad and the story is probably average but kind of cliche. Is it because it's harem and has a bit of ecchi? This is one of the best comedies that actually make me laugh this season.
May 26, 2015 10:44 AM

Dec 2010
This anime is perfectly rated...nyaa tan turned out to be an absolute loser in episode 6..
Mim
May 28, 2015 5:40 PM

Feb 2008
BaptizED said:
I mean really. I guess it doesn't deserve a 6.67(currently) rating. I don't know people tell me what's wrong with it but this anime deserves a second chance. The animation isn't even half bad and the story is probably average but kind of cliche. Is it because it's harem and has a bit of ecchi? This is one of the best comedies that actually make me laugh this season.

I know what you mean. It's one of my favorite shows this season. I guess not many people have all that great of a sense of humor.

In fact, I personally feel this anime would at least make my top 50 anime.

People these days are just boring and can't enjoy a simple and fun anime.
I am become bunny, fluffing of worlds.
May 28, 2015 9:47 PM

Apr 2015
Some people look at parodies as nuisance and didn't gave the series to proud itself. They prefer hardcore Moe and drama. If you have liked Gintama (actually bored me) you'll like this as well, so I think.

I'll be keeping this series for a long time. It's so funny and entertaining.
#CHEXIT
May 29, 2015 12:14 PM

Mar 2010
BaptizED said:
I mean really. I guess it doesn't deserve a 6.67(currently) rating. I don't know people tell me what's wrong with it but this anime deserves a second chance.

People would rather watch something from KyotoAnimu or some animu where they can laugh at the shounens' failures.

I like this anime, myself. Takeru isn't yet another spineless lead and all of the girls are fun to watch.
May 31, 2015 5:53 AM

Apr 2015
It is good and does deserve better. I won't give Takeru props though. The anime is lead by the girls, both the story and the comedy and he is a complete passenger.
Jun 11, 2015 12:06 PM

Nov 2009
Man_Lanz said:
It is good and does deserve better. I won't give Takeru props though. The anime is lead by the girls, both the story and the comedy and he is a complete passenger.

Haha they even made a joke of that in the "not a recap" episode with the Snake Eto-shin lol.

He quite literally was a passenger =P

But yes I like this show, it's definitely a high 7 for me at the moment, may even reach an 8 depending on how they deal with the climax.
Jun 12, 2015 9:19 PM

Jan 2013
BaptizED said:

Harem?
Are we watching the same show?

Wait... I guess Nya-tan does have a harem if you think about it.
Jun 22, 2015 9:07 AM

Nov 2011
that's how the masses work

they're VERY predictable

they like ANYTHING that's trending to feel like they're so intellectual and up-to-date, all just because they saw it first online

they probably praise twitter like muslims and their religion

it's not quantum science

Jun 26, 2015 6:01 PM

Dec 2010
...people who are watching anime for a long time tend to have low rating and its reasonable for them to see a repetition and be uninterested sad to say this is the majority, only thing we can do is recommend this to people who can appreciate this

...but there are those people who will always love the classic and cliche stories, who always have a fair or even high rating
Jun 26, 2015 8:07 PM

Feb 2012
Well thankfully the rating has gone up ( 7.14 as of this post ).

It's just unfortunate that this show had a completely incompetent production committee which pretty much killed the sales of this show.
Jun 26, 2015 9:49 PM

Feb 2013
Not made by a top rated studio but has good quality deserving of respect ?
high 6 - low 7

Made by a top rated studio that has poor quality but is somehow popular by the masses ?
low 7 - high 7 (with exceptions >8
ScherezadeJun 26, 2015 10:01 PM
Jul 6, 2015 2:31 AM

Jul 2010
Gotta agree with you on this. Etotama was the gem of this season for me, the comedy was decent, those fourth wall breaking moments were fun, but what amazed me the most in this show was definitely its CGI. Holy cow was it superb, I don't think I ever seen such a fluid animation and movement in any other cgi anime. The fight scenes were amazing, even the dialogues felt flawless during those moments too.

Even though after the first episode I was on the verge of dropping this, but decided to give it a second chance. I now am glad that I didn't give up on this really good show.
Sep 1, 2015 4:46 PM

Sep 2012
dws said:
Gotta agree with you on this. Etotama was the gem of this season for me, the comedy was decent, those fourth wall breaking moments were fun, but what amazed me the most in this show was definitely its CGI. Holy cow was it superb, I don't think I ever seen such a fluid animation and movement in any other cgi anime. The fight scenes were amazing, even the dialogues felt flawless during those moments too.

This sums it up great.
Oct 16, 2015 1:25 PM

Jan 2008
Yes, yes it is. It's a hidden gem. Sad that most people were put off by the CG, even though it was really fluid. The characters were absolutely great.
Jan 2, 2016 8:06 PM
Mar 2008
It is extremely underrated, just rewatched it and I forgot how much I loved it. The CG is great, the fight scene were well made, the comedy is on point most of the time and the characters are extremely likable.

It's a shame that not more people watched this show.
Dec 24, 2017 9:32 PM

Feb 2014
Agree, this anime is very underrated.

Good I do not take MAL's average score for granted to decide whether I watch or not an anime.
TechOtakuDec 24, 2017 9:36 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Etotama Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2015

78 by badabass »»
Feb 17, 7:10 PM

Poll: » Etotama Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2015

30 by badabass »»
Feb 17, 5:55 PM

Poll: » Etotama Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2015

53 by badabass »»
Feb 17, 8:57 AM

Poll: » Etotama Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2015

39 by badabass »»
Feb 17, 7:46 AM

Poll: » Etotama Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 28, 2015

40 by badabass »»
Feb 17, 7:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.