Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 24, 2015 11:18 PM

Jan 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Fairy Tail Reunion! Lisanna has pigtails! So great to see the Strauss Family again! :D
May 24, 2015 11:23 PM
Jan 2011
I wonder who the new guild master will be.
May 24, 2015 11:28 PM

Jun 2013
I guess it'll be nice if the next master will be a female. They kinda hinted at Lucy with this chapter.
May 24, 2015 11:30 PM

Apr 2008
There's something very suspicious about how Makarov acted when the guild disbanded. He was too forceful and adamant that they never Mention the name Fairy Tail again
May 24, 2015 11:31 PM

Aug 2014
WHERES LAXUS AND MAKAOV????!!!!!!

Next chapter we find out whos Guildmaster........

Please be LAXUS. I think it is though. almost positive.
May 24, 2015 11:31 PM
Jul 2012
I would actually like to see Lucy as the 7th Guild Master.
May 24, 2015 11:34 PM

Apr 2008
Crips said:

He wasn't there in this chapter though. So I don't think it will be him
May 24, 2015 11:34 PM

Jun 2013
Darklight0303 said:
There's something very suspicious about how Makarov acted when the guild disbanded. He was too forceful and adamant that they never Mention the name Fairy Tail again

Agreed, which is weird. Maybe it had something do to with him, not having the courage to use Lumen Histoire?? Also Lucy for next master xD Troll of the year Happy the 7th master.
May 24, 2015 11:42 PM

Apr 2015
inb4 Natsu is the next guild leader.
May 24, 2015 11:44 PM

Aug 2012
A heartwarming reunion for Fairy Tail guild members. Wonder who will be the next guild master.
May 25, 2015 12:00 AM

Jun 2010
Chapter certainly feels like Lucy might be guild master since this isn't really Natsu's forte.
May 25, 2015 12:02 AM
Apr 2015
short and heartwarming. Lucy's efforts really paid off.

still pissed with Mashima's treatment on Juvia and gruvia though. Gray and Juvia needed to have that talk since three or something chapters ago but now i lost hope.
May 25, 2015 12:06 AM

Dec 2013
A simple chapter. I enjoyed it :)

Definitely curious who the new guild master is and why Makarov disbanded the guild.
May 25, 2015 12:10 AM

Dec 2012
YAY the reunion of Fairy Tail.
Nice to see everyone again.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

May 25, 2015 12:19 AM

Jul 2014
ooh, did the scanlations come out early?

Awesome chapter, some feels as well :')
Love how everyone's still surprised at Gajeel in the council.
May 25, 2015 12:32 AM

Aug 2014
Darklight0303 said:
Crips said:

He could have been hiding somewhere there so next chapter they might show him by suprise if chance given. Everything is changed too, and its the perfect moment, so why not
May 25, 2015 12:36 AM

May 2010
right in the feels man

//wipes tears

oh, Lucy. <33

So glad the guild is finally bak!!!!!!!! :'DDDDDDDDd
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
May 25, 2015 12:50 AM

Apr 2008
Crips said:
Darklight0303 said:

He could have been hiding somewhere there so next chapter they might show him by suprise if chance given. Everything is changed too, and its the perfect moment, so why not

Laxus is too big to not be shown if even a background character like Lisanna got panel time. I doubt it will be him
May 25, 2015 12:56 AM

Nov 2013
"Everyone's here." Except for Makarov, Laxus, Freed, Evergreen, Bickslow and Gildarts lol.
May 25, 2015 12:56 AM

Apr 2013
Good heart felt reunion the feels, expect that Makarov flashback. Wow he looked scary no wonder there was not much of a fight after that.
May 25, 2015 1:01 AM

Jun 2014
Fairy Tail's been on a roll lately. Those double chapters and now this fun reunion chapter. ^___^

I wonder if Makarov somehow knows about Natsu's origin hmm... the sudden disbandment was suspicious.

Avatar confirmed useless in the hunt for Zeref.

Cana was shown, the group panel with Bisca, Alzack, Max, Warren, Nab, etc with the prominent ones like Gajeel, Gray, Juvia etc in the back

Lol Vijeteer not wearing that head attire anymore, Kinana learning magic

Elfman has a new wardrobe, Lisanna has gone full new-age pigtail hairdo

Mira's the same as always

No Laxus so... maybe he's the new guild master?
May 25, 2015 1:07 AM
Sep 2014
this chapter had me cheesing hella hard

inb4 lucy is guildmaster
May 25, 2015 1:17 AM

Nov 2011
Mm, it looks like almost everyone is back. I wonder when Makarov will return?
May 25, 2015 1:36 AM
Jan 2014
Makarov did quite the overkill. Well,he is still missing,and considering no one can contact him,he is probably on the sirius island along with Doranbolt,Laxus and the thunder god tribe hiding lumen historie. I doubt he would have left it behind for someone to find,like the guild's old flag.

No way would Makarov let Doranbolt roam free now that he knows about Lumen historie,so they are probably together. Laxus would certainly never leave his grandfather again,nor would Fried and the others leave Laxus.

Well,next chapter is most likely the election of the seventh guildmaster. Somewhat lame that they aren't waiting for Makarov and the others before choosing the new master,but I suppose it can't be helped. Well,they would certainly agree with their fellows's choice.

If Makarov were here,he would certainly refuse to become guildmaster again,saying it's better off with the next generation. Laxus,who is the favorite candidate,is not here.

Well,if he doesn't appear suddenly next chapter,Natsu will probably become the new master. Either him,or,I don't know,Lucy. They were the ones responsible for fairy tail's rebirth,so they are certainly the strongest candidates.

Also,it's not a matter of strength. The guildmaster doesn't need to be the strongest or the smartest member of the guild. If that were the case,Jura or Kagura would be guildmasters. The master simply needs to embody the guild's beliefs,have charisma and be respected.

Well,it's also not a matter of knowledge. Many leader and businessmen in our history weren't that smart to begin with but they were surrounded by people who were. One way of the other,they knew how to get things done.

Honestly,I vote for Natsu. He was the one who pulled the trigger for fairy tail's revival,for Lucy lacked the courage to do it herself. People say he is too dumb for the job,but he can be impressively smart and perceptive when he wants to be. Plus,technically,he already has experience as a guild master.

Laxus or Erza would be too predictable. Rather unfortunate for Laxus,specially because I like his development. Also,Natsu has more feats here. He played a key role in the downfall of the Ballam alliance and he saved the future from Rogue. Plus,him being the guildmaster would be really symbolic when he finds out about his previous occupation in Tartarus.

Well,after that being decided,they will probably either rebuild the guild building in magnolia or go searching for an empty mansion to work as a replacement.
hello09May 25, 2015 2:03 AM
May 25, 2015 2:01 AM

Oct 2011
If nothing else, Mashima could always make great touching scenes - I almost cried

May 25, 2015 2:03 AM

Jun 2013
uzee said:
If nothing else, Mashima could always make great touching scenes - I almost cried

Yes, also this was like a parallel of chapter 67.
May 25, 2015 2:06 AM
Jan 2014
Mashima really pulled out the breaks with the call backs. This calls back to the ending of the tournament arc too. Future Lucy awoke in a flowery meadow and future Natsu took her along to encounter the rest of their mates,while saying that they were waiting for her.

Rather funny that the fans will be going over debates on who should be the guildmaster while they wait for chapter 438, as if Mashima doesn't know already who is gonna be. I can imagine a lot of salt depending on the results. Well,I don't care about it. I will accept whoever Mashima chooses since well,it can't go wrong,lol. Plus,it's his manga.

Also,now that I think about it,despite Minerva returning to sabertooth and becoming a kinder person, Sting is still it's guildmaster,in spite of not being the smartest or the strongest.
hello09May 25, 2015 2:28 AM
May 25, 2015 2:34 AM

Jun 2013
Obviously cant top the previous chapter, but the reunion was beautiful. :D
May 25, 2015 2:34 AM

Oct 2013
I'm curious about Markarovs intention. What is he doing?
May 25, 2015 2:36 AM

Dec 2011
Nice chapter and great to see most everyone back .Almost cry when Lucy started crying and it was such an emotion reunion.Now waiting to see who will be the guild master next week...
May 25, 2015 2:50 AM

May 2015
I'm so happy to see fairy tail is back!!! laki cut her hair off, lisanna has pigtails
and warren is founder of dat smartphone (?) :v
i can't wait to see who's the next guid master (if makarov is still missing)
May 25, 2015 2:54 AM

Jul 2007
Beyond lucy's reactions and thoughts, this was a pointless chapter pretty much. Loved the reference to F-Lucy's death scene tho with Lucy seeing the guild members.

Otherwise meh. Way too many plots just glossed over for no reason at all or outright dropped.
May 25, 2015 3:20 AM
Dec 2010
Elfman look like Precht + Warrod in his new cloth
May 25, 2015 3:54 AM
Sep 2012
Like I thought this was more of a wrap up chapter and reuniting everyone, almost everyone Lexus and his crew are still not there, but I am sure they will show up next chapter.

It was an emotional chapter, we got to see what the minor characters that we saw on the cover pages again, plus Cana, Mira, Elfman, and Lisanna. And Asuka has gotten bigger, yet according to her Wendy is still the same, what does that mean?

I know it is only a year, but everyone looks mostly the same, Laki has changed, I guess since she is a minor character and Hiro won't be drawing her so much, he can let her change, and nice that Kianna learned magic.

Next chapter, the 7th master, could it be Lexus, that makes logical sense, but who knows. Mira and Erza perhaps. Don't let it be Natus, yup he is probably the strongest now, but he is sure not the smartest. His action when they tried to sneak into Avatar is evidence enough he is not master material. The only surprise master I could accept is Lucy.
May 25, 2015 4:44 AM
Oct 2014
Darklight0303 said:
Crips said:

Laxus is too big to not be shown if even a background character like Lisanna got panel time. I doubt it will be him

This talk of the remaining members who haven't arrived yet (Laxus and the Rajinshuu) makes me curious on Gildartz too. Will he ever be around for this?
May 25, 2015 5:11 AM

Apr 2014
meh it was an ok chapter.
May 25, 2015 5:14 AM
Feb 2014
God all these new chapters have been so great, feels like I'm reading Fairy Tail back from the start, how I felt when I first started watching the anime oh the joy <3 Thank you Hiro for being so amazing

Can't wait to see Kinana's magic in action ;D

It wouldn't feel the same without Makarov :S he doesn't need to be the master but he needs to be there D:

pandajennaush said:
short and heartwarming. Lucy's efforts really paid off.

still pissed with Mashima's treatment on Juvia and gruvia though. Gray and Juvia needed to have that talk since three or something chapters ago but now i lost hope.
they probably did behind the scenes

FippinPanda said:
I don't think Natsu or Lucy are gonna be the guild master since a guild master does not go on jobs, right? Like how they said guild master Sting gained weight because he had to stay in the guild all the time.

And I don't think neither Natsu or Lucy want to quit doing jobs together.

this is still a new era and they can control it, so the new master could be going on jobs as well :3 unless there's someone who actually heavily makes that forbidden, I don't know how that stuff works
May 25, 2015 5:24 AM
May 2015
If Lucy ends up being the Guild Master, I'm going to feel sad for her. All that destruction debt that the guild keeps racking up every mission. But I feel like it will end up being Mirajane, out of everyone she's the most responsible and pretty much the big sister of the guild. Not to mention certainly strong enough.
May 25, 2015 5:28 AM
Sep 2012
Maybe the 7th guild master is more of a symbolic thing than a literal thing, maybe the 7th master is "all of you", everyone is their own guild master because they all choose their own destiny, thus there is no need for a master, they are all their own guild master.
May 25, 2015 5:33 AM

Apr 2008
FippinPanda said:
I don't think Natsu or Lucy are gonna be the guild master since a guild master does not go on jobs, right? Like how they said guild master Sting gained weight because he had to stay in the guild all the time.

Sting still went on a job during tartarus. STing got fat because he was in an eating contest. Not because he was staying in the guild
May 25, 2015 6:15 AM

Dec 2008
Loved this chapter. So touching. I absolutely adore chapters like this one that are packed with emotion without any fighting. The guild dynamics are always very sweet to look at.

I'm sure Makarov has a very valid reason for what he did. Assuming he's still alive, he may or may not return to the guild, but curious as to whether Mavis will show up soon.

I really don't want Natsu to be guild master as he doesn't have the mental capacity for it. I don't really mind if it's Lucy, but that's highly unlikely as well. I'd say the most likely, since Gildarts isn't here, are Erza and Laxus who hasn't shown up yet. When Makarov thought about the future guildmaster, he'd considered both but found Erza too young and inexperienced and he was having issues with Laxus' attitude so who knows.

inb4 Mavis has her body back and she's the new Guildmaster.
May 25, 2015 6:43 AM

Mar 2015
This is so sweet, it's great seeing how happy they are. ^^
May 25, 2015 6:50 AM

Dec 2008
FippinPanda said:

Actually Sting gained weight because the Saber guys had an eating contest where he stuffed himself the day before, didn't he? Wasn't that what Minerva told Lucy when she asked what had happend to him? ^^
May 25, 2015 7:16 AM

Apr 2008
sarroush said:
Loved this chapter. So touching. I absolutely adore chapters like this one that are packed with emotion without any fighting. The guild dynamics are always very sweet to look at.

I'm sure Makarov has a very valid reason for what he did. Assuming he's still alive, he may or may not return to the guild, but curious as to whether Mavis will show up soon.

I really don't want Natsu to be guild master as he doesn't have the mental capacity for it. I don't really mind if it's Lucy, but that's highly unlikely as well. I'd say the most likely, since Gildarts isn't here, are Erza and Laxus who hasn't shown up yet. When Makarov thought about the future guildmaster, he'd considered both but found Erza too young and inexperienced and he was having issues with Laxus' attitude so who knows.

inb4 Mavis has her body back and she's the new Guildmaster.

Mira is better than both Erza and Laxus
May 25, 2015 7:26 AM
Mar 2015
It should be obvious by now but...Makarov broke up the guild to hide Lumen Histoire. After seeing Zeref's END resurrection magic, we're led to believe Mavis is waiting to be resurrected too (at the cost of a life, which Makarov regretted not having the courage to do.)

Hiro used Ivan (Raven Tail) as a cookie cutter bad guy after something powerful to indicate its significance to the central plot. Mavis disagreed with him on the nature of LH, but do you understand why he called it FT's darkness? All the Zeref fever seems to be caused by an obsession with resurrection, which is forbidden by the FT world gods. So to Ivan, FT has crossed the gods themselves. (Makes sense for Makarov to want everyone's minds wiped.)

But the gods are the real devils of the FT mythos. Mard Geer explains the One magic split into different magics, such as curse power -- which Ankhseram used on Zeref -- which feeds on evil feelings. Notice Mard Geer assumed END made curse power possible, but recent chapters show that's not the case, even though Hiro hasn't explained. We know Zeref's curse is a central plot point, because it shows the presence of a greater antagonist than Acnologia.

But also pay attention to the symbolism of the primary actors. FT represents civilization concepts like freedom and self-determination, and gods represent all-powerful rulers and conquerers: natural enemies. So that's the conflict the author is writing a theme about.

Tartaros' demons are symbolic of men trying to become gods (power, immortality, etc.). So curse power itself is the magic of gods. Meaning magic in the world suppresses not just curse power but the gods. So that's the context for Mavis's original strategy to start Fairy Tail.

Zeref may play villain for this arc, but Fairy Tail's not done until Mashima says what he wants to about the value of life.
May 25, 2015 7:55 AM
Apr 2015
And I actually cried at the reunion scene.
Its wonderful to see, nearly everyone, back together!

SO much feels in this chapter.
I hope Lucy will be the new guild master, since she really loves the guild, made a very strong character progress and is somehow like Mavis a bit.

No double Chapters anymore?
Q_Q
May 25, 2015 8:07 AM
Sep 2014
I found this chapter a bit slow but very sweet. It also brought a few things about Fairy Tail's disbandment into view. It put a new perspective on things with Lucy's thoughts as well.

Honestly, I'm not quite sure who will be the next guild master. I was thinking Laxus would be the most logical choice, he's strong, shows great leadership skills, he'll sacrifice himself to save others (like when he inhaled all of that poison gas in an attempt to save a town in the Tartarus arc), and he's no longer acting like a dictator like in the Battle of Fairy Tail arc. But he was most likely one of the people that Lucy couldn't find. Laxus and the Thunder God Tribe have probably been training for the last year. I guess Erza is also a possibility too, but I bet Mira would be a great guild master. She did sort of help Makarov when he was guild master back in the earlier arcs of Fairy Tail. Or maybe Gildarts will return. And I really don't think Natsu or Lucy will be guild master, at least not for now. They both still need to mature, and I can't see Natsu sitting around doing paperwork all the time. But younger Makarov does remind me of Natsu, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I'm also wondering about how Makarov will react when he finds out that Fairy Tail has reunited. He was extremely angered with everyone's protests back when he disbanded Fairy Tail. I just don't know how this will conclude. I wonder if Zeref, Acnologia, and END will have anything to do with it along with Lumen Histoire. Can't wait to read the next chapter!
May 25, 2015 9:15 AM
Jan 2014
If they stretched,fairy tail would become bleach or one piece. Things that could be resolved in a chapter take dozens. The manga would lose it's rhythm.

Well,there are three strong candidates for becoming the seventh guild master

1)Laxus,supposing that he shows up next chapter.

2)Natsu

3) Lucy

Well,Lucy and Natsu were responsible for reuniting the guild,specially Lucy. Let's see what happens,but eh,I still think Natsu will become guildmaster. His days of "almighty janitor" are probably over. Either his or Lucy's.

If it isn't him,it's probably Lucy,for I don't think it's a coincidence that Mashima has been playing up her intelligence. If given the chance,she could become a tactician like Mavis.
hello09May 25, 2015 9:19 AM
May 25, 2015 9:17 AM

Apr 2008
hello09 said:
If they stretched,fairy tail would become bleach or one piece. Things that could be resolved in a chapter take dozens.

Well,there are three strong candidates for becoming the seventh guild master

1)Laxus,supposing that he shows up next chapter.

2)Natsu

3) Lucy

Well,Lucy and Natsu were responsible for reuniting the guild,so I am sure Laxus won't be an ass or try to impose himself.

I'd say Mira has a pretty good claim on the title too. She worked for Makarov as his assistant after all and she IS the mother figure of the guild
May 25, 2015 9:28 AM
Jan 2014
A guildmaster must be leader material:

1)A leader needs charisma.
2)A leader must embody the ideal which he represents (not so much in real life but more in fiction)
3)A leader needs knowledge,experience and/or a close circle of advisers
4) A leader must be good at making decisions.
5) A Leader needs to be good at getting shit done.

That's to keep it short. Mira is the "hyper efficient secretary" type of person,at least to me.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 248 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Aug 27, 2011

75 by aod-kun »»
Apr 5, 9:46 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 244 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Wasabi - Jul 22, 2011

69 by aod-kun »»
Apr 5, 7:46 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 234 Discussion ( 1 2 )

smokes - May 16, 2011

51 by aod-kun »»
Mar 16, 10:19 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.