Forum Settings
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
May 24, 2015 2:51 AM
Nov 2013
Hello people on MAL! I don't talk much but after reading the manga and watching the anime of dungeon i am very interested in the series as a whole and wanted to ask to the people who bought the light novel is it worth buying? Is it worth reading and collecting.
May 24, 2015 3:18 AM

Jan 2012
Nah it's not.

May 24, 2015 9:03 AM

Apr 2013
^You're not even reading it.

There's probably better choice to buy, bu it's not bad, and depending of your taste, you may even love this. It doesn't have any huge problem in the way it's narrated, and the fights for example are very different from each other, and well done, and so on. SO it definitively has enough quality to be "worth buying"
I bought volume 1 to 5 to try as I wasn't sure if that was good enough for me to buy the rest, but I currently started buying the rest after reading volume 1 to 5, because I acknowledge it as fine+ and therefore enjoyable. Characters are likable too, make you want to see what's going to happen next, what will be the consequences in the next volume of said event that was at the end of the volume you read, and so on .
May 24, 2015 9:25 AM
Nov 2013
Zefyris said:
^You're not even reading it.

There's probably better choice to buy, bu it's not bad, and depending of your taste, you may even love this. It doesn't have any huge problem in the way it's narrated, and the fights for example are very different from each other, and well done, and so on. SO it definitively has enough quality to be "worth buying"
I bought volume 1 to 5 to try as I wasn't sure if that was good enough for me to buy the rest, but I currently started buying the rest after reading volume 1 to 5, because I acknowledge it as fine+ and therefore enjoyable. Characters are likable too, make you want to see what's going to happen next, what will be the consequences in the next volume of said event that was at the end of the volume you read, and so on .

So far it seems to suit my taste (My personally drive with the anime and manga was seeing bell get stronger) but seeing the other characters and how enjoyable they actually are i wonder how they are in the LN thank you for answering my question thats basically a yes your giving me it's good.
May 24, 2015 10:52 PM
Mar 2012
I would definitely say so. What's also nice is that the prices of the limited edition versions of the series drop over time, making them almost as cheap as the regular editions. It's worth supporting the author, and it's a great series to add in your collection. (Still waiting for the limited edition of volume 7 to drop in price though lol.)
Jun 5, 2015 7:38 PM

Apr 2014
I bought volume 1 of the LN and I loved it. The anime doesn't provide the enjoyment that the LN does, but that's understandable. I could see why adapting a light novel would be much harder than adapting a manga.
(I still love the anime though.)
But yeah, I'd say start collecting the LN. It's great. I plan to buy volume 2 soon.

I'm even giving Black Bullet a chance and buying the LN for that too, since it's getting a release where I live.
Jun 6, 2015 3:58 PM
Nov 2013
Hime-In-A-Box said:
I bought volume 1 of the LN and I loved it. The anime doesn't provide the enjoyment that the LN does, but that's understandable. I could see why adapting a light novel would be much harder than adapting a manga.
(I still love the anime though.)
But yeah, I'd say start collecting the LN. It's great. I plan to buy volume 2 soon.

I'm even giving Black Bullet a chance and buying the LN for that too, since it's getting a release where I live.

It couldn't even match up to the manga for me with Dungeon being so rpg-like i feel alot of detail would make it more enjoyable (which why i want to buy the LN still love the anime as well) I think it should be where live as well black bullet im talking. The anime i loved! i may pick it up but who knows? right now dungeon and mahouka is a guarantee idk if im a LN user tbh i was never a reading pure text type of person. only reason im into manga so much is maybe due to the pictures so we'll see thanks for the recommendation.
Jun 6, 2015 4:04 PM

Apr 2014
Sure why not.
Apr 16, 2017 8:01 PM

Jul 2012
swordman009 said:
Hello people on MAL! I don't talk much but after reading the manga and watching the anime of dungeon i am very interested in the series as a whole and wanted to ask to the people who bought the light novel is it worth buying? Is it worth reading and collecting.

Sure, I've bought 8 volumes of it.
よろしく!
Apr 22, 2017 5:35 PM
Nov 2013
ariacelesta said:
swordman009 said:

Sure, I've bought 8 volumes of it.

I got 8 now to and only read 3 of them for now ;3
Apr 22, 2017 9:21 PM
Jul 2018
I might buy this too :0 I sorta enjoyed the anime so why not.
Jul 8, 2017 9:57 PM

Sep 2014
I started reading these after the anime stopped, the first book was a real chore to get through, im not even sure what about it put me off but something did. However I got the first two together so not wanting to waste it I read the second, im currently about to start vol 5 now so I can say it picks up alot as it goes on. If you liked the anime it may be worth giving it a shot as I feel we'll never get a second season.
Sep 21, 2017 3:08 PM
Sep 2017
It's great. You can download all danmachi novels volumes 1 to 9 and sword oratoria at this link http://kimechanic.com/1DUu. Please forward to whomever needs.
Oct 22, 2017 3:30 PM
Sep 2017
emomoemibrown said:
It's great. You can download all danmachi novels volumes 1 to 9 and sword oratoria at this link http://kimechanic.com/1DUu. Please forward to whomever needs.

More importantly though, if you want to read them to see how they are like, volumes 1-8 are online somewhere to read for free but if you find that you like the LN then I would suggest you buy it to support it so that Omori can keep making them.

The series is really solid and the anime ends at volume 5 and volumes 6 and 7 are the best of the series so far, imo. They definitely got me to buy all the LN of the series

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Volume 18 Discussion

NaughtySempai - Apr 3, 2023

2 by skyhei1995 »»
Apr 20, 2:28 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru no Darou ka Volume 2 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Sep 1, 2014

3 by Phaetons_Folly »»
Feb 22, 8:28 AM

» How many more volumes?

RealityChanges - Aug 13, 2023

1 by majin_mark505 »»
Aug 13, 2023 9:37 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Volume 17 Discussion

Syureria - Jul 7, 2021

2 by NaughtySempai »»
Mar 15, 2023 12:38 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Volume 16 Discussion

Zaphkiel_El_Rem - Sep 15, 2021

1 by Playcool »»
Aug 17, 2022 4:45 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.