Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 25, 2015 9:38 AM

Jul 2007
TheUnknownMerc said:
Pretty sure his meaning is that Archer is right in that he didn't originally sign up for it. Shirou is just stating that he knows what will happen...and is STILL going to sign up for it. It's at this moment when the person who would be Archer disappears and the man who will become Shirou is set on a path that is his own

Nope.

The more good westernization of what was said would be "Your right is just one of many", because that is pretty much what Shirou said. Archer's answer is true to him, but there's more than one answer
May 25, 2015 9:49 AM

Sep 2008
CookingPriest said:
TheUnknownMerc said:
Pretty sure his meaning is that Archer is right in that he didn't originally sign up for it. Shirou is just stating that he knows what will happen...and is STILL going to sign up for it. It's at this moment when the person who would be Archer disappears and the man who will become Shirou is set on a path that is his own

Nope.

The more good westernization of what was said would be "Your right is just one of many", because that is pretty much what Shirou said. Archer's answer is true to him, but there's more than one answer

I thought it was a matter of "You're right, this is my end...maybe...but that doesn't mean i will feel the same as you." As in, regardless of what archer thinks now, shirou knows that his decision can't be a wrong one despite archer being "Right" about how he will end up.
May 25, 2015 3:10 PM

Jul 2007
Forgetfulness said:
On a side note, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the translator was like "hey it's Fate/stay night. let's make a new meme just like people die if they are killed" and put something somewhat confusing and stupid-sounding on purpose.

archer class made up of archers
you dodged my undodgeable blow
Wow!
May 25, 2015 10:38 PM

Dec 2014
Forgetfulness said:
On a side note, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the translator was like "hey it's Fate/stay night. let's make a new meme just like people die if they are killed" and put something somewhat confusing and stupid-sounding on purpose.

Actually, that's what I really think.

I'm fairly certain it's 必殺の一撃 (sure killing blow). To translate something like that to undogeable blow, the translator has to be either highly incompetent or just trolling.

Well then again, they translated karada wa tsurugi de dekiteiru to steel is my body, and translated familiars are like mini magus into Ilya is like mini magus, so I guess maybe they could just be that incompetent for it to be a possibility.
May 26, 2015 4:05 AM

Aug 2014
GradationAir said:
Forgetfulness said:

I'm fairly certain it's 必殺の一撃 (sure killing blow). To translate something like that to undogeable blow, the translator has to be either highly incompetent or just trolling.

Well then again, they translated karada wa tsurugi de dekiteiru to steel is my body, and translated familiars are like mini magus into Ilya is like mini magus, so I guess maybe they could just be that incompetent for it to be a possibility.

Yeah, uh, they translated Shirou calling Archer the "Red man" to Shirou calling him the "White man" which is on another level because you can guess what's wrong with that translation if you have working eyes.
May 26, 2015 4:08 AM

Mar 2015
Insertanamehere said:
GradationAir said:

Yeah, uh, they translated Shirou calling Archer the "Red man" to Shirou calling him the "White man" which is on another level because you can guess what's wrong with that translation if you have working eyes.

IMO, their "I am the bone of my sword" --> "Steel is my body and fire is my blood" is still the most glaring and most ridiculous. Really now, even in the Japanese version, those two sentences have virtually nothing in common. Maybe the translators were high :V
May 26, 2015 4:27 AM

Dec 2014
OneTrueEmiya said:

IMO, their "I am the bone of my sword" --> "Steel is my body and fire is my blood" is still the most glaring and most ridiculous. Really now, even in the Japanese version, those two sentences have virtually nothing in common. Maybe the translators were high :V

Meanwhile in China they release the subs 1 hour early compared to NA, AND have notes that explains Fate terminologies. Even the chants are subbed in both Japanese translated and English (and special effects on the chant subs too).

Of course, even good translation can't save the comment section from being spammed with shounen powerup(because it is one no matter how you translate it).
GradationAirMay 26, 2015 5:19 AM
May 26, 2015 4:35 AM

Mar 2015
GradationAir said:
OneTrueEmiya said:

Meanwhile in China they release the subs 1 hour early compared to NA, AND have notes that explains Fate terminologies. Even the chants are subbed in both Japanese translated and English (and special effects on the subs too).

[img]http://i.imgur.com/1FAhmuc.png[/ img]

Of course, even good translation can't save the comment section from being spammed with shounen powerup(because it is one no matter how you translate it).

The English subbers really need to sober up and start wearing specs.
Dat special effect tho on the Chinese sub. Why. No. English. Version. ;_;
May 26, 2015 5:23 AM

Jul 2007
Good subs cant save generic shonen adaptation :[
May 26, 2015 8:02 PM

May 2014
Has any of the early subbers updated their subs for that episode?

Also all of these terrible translations pales in comparison to KLab's English release of Love Live.
• "I like cute girls" --> "I like cute things"
• "I don’t mind at all even if we’re both girls.” --> "I don't think it's scandalous for a boy and girl to hang out"

KLab: "That's just how translation goes"

The Yuri community:
May 26, 2015 8:21 PM

Jul 2013
CookingPriest said:
Good subs cant save generic shonen adaptation :[

The subs i watched say otherwise.
no
May 26, 2015 8:24 PM

Nov 2013
Forgetfulness said:
OneTrueEmiya said:

Not really?

The line "I am the bone of my sword" in Japanese is literally something like "my body is made out of swords"
The line "Steels is my body and fire is my blood" is literally "my blood is iron and my heart is glass".

To me, "my body is made out of swords" is not that far off from "steel is my body" ...
(I don't think they included the "and fire is my blood" part)

Well, I just think they are somewhat similar. The translators still fucked up and considering that they even used a line from the chant, they should know which lines are supposed to correspond with each other in Japanese -> English.
I see what you mean (@ bold) but considering they literally translated the same line into my body is made of swords just two episodes before (Rin's line) I really can't help but feel that they're not trying hard enough.
May 26, 2015 8:48 PM

May 2014
I'll reiterate, what are the best subs to use atm?

I still have meh ones.
May 26, 2015 8:50 PM

Oct 2014
WrongPriest said:
I'll reiterate, what are the best subs to use atm?

I still have meh ones.

I'd guess UTW, they seem to be translating rather fast this time.
May 26, 2015 8:53 PM

Mar 2013
...has anybody actually watched the UTW subs though?

cause if not I'll DL and watch their episode 1; it's the only one that, for some reason, I streamed instead of downloading and I ought to complete my collection, especially since it has one of my favourite pieces of animation in the series so far.
May 26, 2015 8:54 PM

Oct 2014
fst said:

I nominate Wrong.
May 26, 2015 8:56 PM

Feb 2015
nocorras said:
fst said:

I nominate Wrong.

I plan on getting their subs once ubw is finished, so I can marathon it and find new things to complain about.
I'll change this as soon as I think of something clever.
May 26, 2015 8:57 PM

May 2014
UTW still hasn't done 20. Probably because there's so much important stuff.

Like this:
http://i.imgur.com/0a2bjjH.jpg

Which should be this:
http://imgur.com/a/K3022#0

Archer isn't even talking in first person on my sub.
May 26, 2015 8:57 PM

Oct 2014
Dug_Fin said:
nocorras said:

I nominate Wrong.

I plan on getting their subs once ubw is finished, so I can marathon it and find new things to complain about.

Then watch the BDs and find even more.
May 26, 2015 8:59 PM

Nov 2013
WrongPriest said:

Like this:

Which should be this:

To be fair it doesn't matter that much considering it still applies to him...
May 26, 2015 9:00 PM

May 2014
I mean seriously, Archer keeps saying "Help people" when it should be "Save someone"

Help people sounds so lame lol
May 26, 2015 9:01 PM

May 2014
Botato said:
WrongPriest said:

Like this:

Which should be this:

To be fair it doesn't matter that much considering it still applies to him...

Fuck off it doesn't sorry

It has so much more impact in the first person.
May 26, 2015 9:04 PM

Nov 2013
I'm aware of that, and I do prefer it in first person. I was just teasing.

The damage is already done though, by damage I am referring to the people who got the wrong impression that Archer was giving Shirou a lesson as opposed to Archer whining about screwing up and regretting his decisions.
May 26, 2015 9:10 PM

May 2014
Sucks, I never knew so much could go wrong at the subbing stage. Although there's lots of people waiting to marathon it, I hope they use UTW.

Edit: Oh and sorry, I should've got the joke.
May 26, 2015 9:15 PM

Nov 2013
I'm more afraid of the dub; the UDW dub was atrocious, although that could actually be the fault of the original script, but I never watched it subbed to be able to say anything.
May 26, 2015 9:21 PM

Mar 2013
F/Z dub was good; no reason they can't do as good with UBW.
May 26, 2015 9:24 PM

Oct 2014
fst said:
F/Z dub was good; no reason they can't do as good with UBW.

Shirou and Rin's VAs need to be different though unless they've greatly improved. I couldn't stand either of them in DEENUBW.
May 26, 2015 9:29 PM

Nov 2013
I'm not talking about the acting, I'm talking about the actual lines themselves.

That aside, Rin's VA was too robotic in the series, too annoying in the movie. So yes if she hasn't improved I'd rather they get a new VA for her.
May 26, 2015 9:30 PM

Mar 2013
It's plausible.

I mean, I do believe F/Z brought us Saber's third english VA.
May 26, 2015 9:36 PM

May 2014
I used to watched my shows dubbed. Then I went full Nippon.

Never go full Nippon.
May 26, 2015 9:41 PM

Oct 2014
WrongPriest said:

Never go full Nippon.

Unless the dubs are really good I find subs way more enjoyable. F/Z's dub was good enough to justify watching it, hopefully UBW will be too.
May 26, 2015 9:45 PM

May 2014
My brain can't handle watching a show twice in different languages. Unless perhaps there was a hefty amount of time between viewing.
May 26, 2015 9:45 PM

Feb 2015
nocorras said:
WrongPriest said:

Never go full Nippon.

Unless the dubs are really good I find subs way more enjoyable. F/Z's dub was good enough to justify watching it, hopefully UBW will be too.

It all depends on who we get for the dubs. though personally, I usually prefer subs. the only dubs I really enjoy tend to be abridged series.

Edit: how about UBW dubs by TFS? Or casted by Omnibenficial?
I'll change this as soon as I think of something clever.
May 26, 2015 10:22 PM

Jul 2007
nocorras said:
WrongPriest said:

Never go full Nippon.

Dont worry. Rin's VA can improve and its not like Shirou has that many lines.
Nov 8, 2019 4:00 PM
Sep 2019
Why people die when they are killed?
May 4, 2020 10:51 AM

Apr 2019
"Berserker went berserk" - Fate/Apohcrya

Maybe watching, maybe reading, probably living
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1557 by Swatheesh123 »»
Apr 9, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 13, 2015

1574 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 17, 2015

1448 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:40 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 9, 2015

1316 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:35 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1282 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 16, 7:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.