Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Owari no Seraph Episode 8 Discussion

Jun 29, 2015 10:43 AM
those vampires are so lulz i can't take them seriously

Jul 2, 2015 11:13 AM

Pretty lovely development, let's see what happens next!

Jul 24, 2015 12:55 PM
Worst One

Best episode so far in my opinion, loved every second of it and Yu is growing so much as a character plus Shinoa thanking him at the end was really nice, she is so open and honest.

Jul 25, 2015 8:19 PM

This episode was so good. The fight with the vampires at the beginning pretty awesome when Yuu rescued Mitsu.

LOL at the car scene. When Yuu drove the car against the pylon. But the best was when Shinoa sat behind the wheel. When Yuu and Shiho began to laugh and making fun about Shinoa and her reaction sooooo good :D

And then this noble vampire was so strong Oo
Yuu also rescued Shinoa, but I think it was good that the vampire had to go.
And Shinoas Aregatou to Yuu was really cute, maybe it's the beginning of something? :D <3

Aug 3, 2015 2:01 PM

StevenHu said:
Can Mitsuba BE anymore tsundere?
(Please read that sentence with the voice of Chandler Bing.)

lel

I lmao'd so hard at the scene with Yuuichi driving off with the jeep. Legit, that's the most I've laughed in a fair while. That deserved a replay.

Yuu saving Shinoa was also really epic and cool.

Aside from that, the rest of the episode irritated me. The constant bickering between Yuuichi and Kimizuki is as cliche and shouney as it gets; I cringed when Kimizuki told Yuu "you're almost as good as me" then Yuu goes over and tries to start a fight with him in traditional shounen flair. On top of that, the vampire slaying happens off screen? What the fuck?

Yet somehow I found the two first moments I mentioned so good that it overwhelmed the bitter feeling of the last two and ended up enjoying the episode anyway.

Discord: Zadion#0202
RateYourMusic
last.fm

Sep 4, 2015 4:52 AM
Well, at least Yuu isn't just all talk. He can actually fight.

Oct 13, 2015 10:48 PM

Decent ep.

Suzuken's chara was pretty cute tbh.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

anime recs: nodame cantabile | shinsekai yori | chihayafuru | space brothers

Mar 1, 2016 10:23 PM

Oh so the "transformation" was just a greater utilization of the demon's power. Yuu's been doing the bulk of the fighting and killing from what we've been shown so I'm curious as to how exactly Shiho and Yoichi fare in battle on an individual level against a typical vampire. That curiosity would have been satiated if they had decided to actually show a particular battle. How do we know that Yuu wasn't the one to kill most if not all of them lol.

It was adorable to see Shinoa act humble and heartfelt toward Yuu in the manner that she did.
Modified by ZeroDragon, Mar 1, 2016 10:31 PM

May 1, 2016 3:53 AM

I can kinda relate with Shinoa with her height lol.

May 25, 2016 6:44 PM

sim0n2170 said:
kyle8998 said:
Shinoa ;)

Highlight of the episode

LOL Shinoa in "her" car xDD

Kimizuki is pretty cute when he's laughing :}

I srsly wanted to slap that bait girl though =____="

Jun 9, 2016 8:27 AM
Never let Yuu drive.

Also it's nice to see some more Shinoa & Yuu moments!

Jun 20, 2016 11:03 PM

I can relate to Shinoa so much.

Jun 25, 2016 9:36 PM

Slow ass vampire can't kill the livestock that he's holding.

Looks like that little girl is joining Yuu's harem.

I had to laugh at the music in the car. Of course Yuu would do some dumb shit and crash into the pole. AT least it's not a telephone pole this time.

Almost saw vampire pantsu. So close. They were cute and had nice oppai.

Time to enter Wall Shinjuku.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).

Aug 4, 2016 5:23 PM

Intense action. And damn those osts they're so awesome and they play exactly at the right moment. But is the animation degrading?

Sep 6, 2016 10:26 PM

EXCELLENT EPISODE !!! THIS IS TRULY LIKE A WATCHING A BLOCKBUSTER FILM RATHER THAN ANIME !!!!! JAM PACKED WITH EXCITEMENT EVERY SINGLE SECOND !!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD

Oct 28, 2016 5:14 PM

I'm glad Yuu can back up his talk with some action. The dude got some skills!

Apr 10, 2017 8:28 AM

The usual issues remain, but this episode was competent by the show's own standards, so I'm kind of satisfied. There were no dull moments.

I felt pretty cheated when the conclusion of battle in the underground location was completely skipped over. "We can do this!" "Yay, we did it!" It was almost comedic, in a way.

It's annoying that after Mitsuba had her little moment with Yuu after he saved her, she flat-out said "I still hate you." Maybe it's too much to ask the writers or the mangaka to at least exhibit a little more creativity, if they can't let Mitsuba develop past her defining archetype. That scene wasn't cheesy (which would be fine), just really really stupid.

I liked the scene where the three vampires totally humiliated them. Credit where it's due: Yuu has finally run into a wall, and he's not invincible. He actually showed some signs that he might be growing as a person, as by the end of the episode, he was the first to suggest taking a French leave. And I gotta give Shinoa even more props for being graceful enough to thank Yuu for saving her butt.

Yuu and the car. Possibly the best scene the entire show? I'm being totally serious. "Smol Shinoa" comes pretty close, though
Modified by LeeTailor, Apr 10, 2017 8:49 AM

Dec 31, 2018 7:12 AM
The fights were over way too quickly for my liking. Wish they'd shown some more vampire slaughter before going to the refugees.

Jan 21, 3:36 PM

aw man they lost that cool humvee already...

Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]