Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jul 24, 2015 12:55 PM

Nov 2009
Best episode so far in my opinion, loved every second of it and Yu is growing so much as a character plus Shinoa thanking him at the end was really nice, she is so open and honest.
Jul 25, 2015 8:19 PM

Jul 2013
This episode was so good. The fight with the vampires at the beginning pretty awesome when Yuu rescued Mitsu.

LOL at the car scene. When Yuu drove the car against the pylon. But the best was when Shinoa sat behind the wheel. When Yuu and Shiho began to laugh and making fun about Shinoa and her reaction sooooo good :D

And then this noble vampire was so strong Oo
Yuu also rescued Shinoa, but I think it was good that the vampire had to go.
And Shinoas Aregatou to Yuu was really cute, maybe it's the beginning of something? :D <3

Aug 3, 2015 2:01 PM

Oct 2013
StevenHu said:
Can Mitsuba BE anymore tsundere?
(Please read that sentence with the voice of Chandler Bing.)

lel

I lmao'd so hard at the scene with Yuuichi driving off with the jeep. Legit, that's the most I've laughed in a fair while. That deserved a replay.

Yuu saving Shinoa was also really epic and cool.

Aside from that, the rest of the episode irritated me. The constant bickering between Yuuichi and Kimizuki is as cliche and shouney as it gets; I cringed when Kimizuki told Yuu "you're almost as good as me" then Yuu goes over and tries to start a fight with him in traditional shounen flair. On top of that, the vampire slaying happens off screen? What the fuck?

Yet somehow I found the two first moments I mentioned so good that it overwhelmed the bitter feeling of the last two and ended up enjoying the episode anyway.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Sep 4, 2015 4:52 AM
May 2012
Well, at least Yuu isn't just all talk. He can actually fight.
Oct 13, 2015 10:48 PM

Jul 2012
Decent ep.

Suzuken's chara was pretty cute tbh.
Mar 1, 2016 10:23 PM

Apr 2014
Oh so the "transformation" was just a greater utilization of the demon's power. Yuu's been doing the bulk of the fighting and killing from what we've been shown so I'm curious as to how exactly Shiho and Yoichi fare in battle on an individual level against a typical vampire. That curiosity would have been satiated if they had decided to actually show a particular battle. How do we know that Yuu wasn't the one to kill most if not all of them lol.

It was adorable to see Shinoa act humble and heartfelt toward Yuu in the manner that she did.
ZeroDragonMar 1, 2016 10:31 PM
May 1, 2016 3:53 AM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
I can kinda relate with Shinoa with her height lol.
May 25, 2016 6:44 PM

May 2013
sim0n2170 said:
kyle8998 said:
Shinoa ;)

Highlight of the episode

LOL Shinoa in "her" car xDD

Kimizuki is pretty cute when he's laughing :}

I srsly wanted to slap that bait girl though =____="
Jun 9, 2016 8:27 AM
Mar 2015
Never let Yuu drive.

Also it's nice to see some more Shinoa & Yuu moments!
Jun 20, 2016 11:03 PM

Feb 2013
I can relate to Shinoa so much.
Jun 25, 2016 9:36 PM

Dec 2012
Slow ass vampire can't kill the livestock that he's holding.

Looks like that little girl is joining Yuu's harem.

I had to laugh at the music in the car. Of course Yuu would do some dumb shit and crash into the pole. AT least it's not a telephone pole this time.

Almost saw vampire pantsu. So close. They were cute and had nice oppai.

Time to enter Wall Shinjuku.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Aug 4, 2016 5:23 PM

Jul 2013
Intense action. And damn those osts they're so awesome and they play exactly at the right moment. But is the animation degrading?
Sep 6, 2016 10:26 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
EXCELLENT EPISODE !!! THIS IS TRULY LIKE A WATCHING A BLOCKBUSTER FILM RATHER THAN ANIME !!!!! JAM PACKED WITH EXCITEMENT EVERY SINGLE SECOND !!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD
張大です for 張大勇督察
Oct 28, 2016 5:14 PM

Sep 2011
I'm glad Yuu can back up his talk with some action. The dude got some skills!
Apr 10, 2017 8:28 AM

Jun 2013
The usual issues remain, but this episode was competent by the show's own standards, so I'm kind of satisfied. There were no dull moments.

I felt pretty cheated when the conclusion of battle in the underground location was completely skipped over. "We can do this!" "Yay, we did it!" It was almost comedic, in a way.

It's annoying that after Mitsuba had her little moment with Yuu after he saved her, she flat-out said "I still hate you." Maybe it's too much to ask the writers or the mangaka to at least exhibit a little more creativity, if they can't let Mitsuba develop past her defining archetype. That scene wasn't cheesy (which would be fine), just really really stupid.

I liked the scene where the three vampires totally humiliated them. Credit where it's due: Yuu has finally run into a wall, and he's not invincible. He actually showed some signs that he might be growing as a person, as by the end of the episode, he was the first to suggest taking a French leave. And I gotta give Shinoa even more props for being graceful enough to thank Yuu for saving her butt.

Yuu and the car. Possibly the best scene the entire show? I'm being totally serious. "Smol Shinoa" comes pretty close, though
LeeTailorApr 10, 2017 8:49 AM
Dec 31, 2018 7:12 AM
Jun 2017
The fights were over way too quickly for my liking. Wish they'd shown some more vampire slaughter before going to the refugees.
Jan 21, 2020 3:36 PM

Jun 2009
aw man they lost that cool humvee already...
Mar 8, 2020 8:02 PM

Sep 2018
Half of this episode was a segway into making Mitsuba fall for Yuu. Oh, just when it couldn't get any worse... She's this animes Tsundere... Generic.
Jul 21, 2020 2:24 PM
Jul 2020
aww i really thought that mika was gonna show and they would meet again.... i hope it happens in the next episode! :)
Aug 17, 2020 1:43 AM
Oct 2019
I was wondering why only Yu had the demon mark show up. I guess the others just hadn't felt the need to use that power yet.

That vamp that patted Yu on the back. Wow. Really shows the disparity in levels.

Ferid, eh? Yu and Mika are close to having their reunion.
May 29, 2021 3:21 AM
Apr 2021
I was right about the girl setting on a trap it was still cool though, the predictability of it and all aside. But the best things was Yuu freaking out about car and driving. That was adorable.
Oct 28, 2021 11:34 AM

Jan 2021
Awesome episode, I liked how it the characters had some time to be goofballs with each other before shit started going down, gives them some growth together as a group of friends.
Mar 26, 2022 6:31 PM

Sep 2014
I dont remember if I hated the blond brat tsundere this much when I watched this show 7 years ago but gad darn it will you shut up already you are ruining a sneak attack and you cant even do your job without elaborating for 5 minutes

After all this time I just still live Shinoa way too much. Sole reason to watch this show (again) but shes a good one
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
May 14, 2022 10:23 AM
Nov 2020
Ahh, the classic enemy just stands still and doesn't do anything while MC is talking about how grandiose humanity is
Sep 3, 2022 1:01 PM

Mar 2019
Omg please don't make Mitsuba a dumb love traingle tsundere, this isn't the anime for that.

I really want to see Guren in action. Also Shinoa was pretty weak there.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Sep 27, 2022 2:09 PM
Mar 2022
EPISOD 5 WAS CRAZYYYYY
Apr 26, 2023 10:53 AM
Dec 2022
Ugh That Mitsuba girl is sooo annoying.I can't believe it.She is the most annoying character i know of.
Jun 28, 2023 8:24 AM

Dec 2022
Why'd that underground vampire fight happen offscreen? Why did Yuu think there was some "power difference" he couldn't compete with when the vampires didn't even scratch them and he successfully disarmed one of them? The noble guy did absolutely nothing and then they sit there wallowing over how powerless they are.

Shaded Horizon

Sep 11, 2023 3:17 PM
Feb 2022
Wow. They actually managed to show no fights, only pointless blathering.
The yellow girl's backstory is just hilarious. I understand her nerves; clearly that division is filled with incompetent morons! The anime shows us the pink guy shield main protag with his half-swords, and then wimpy shield him - all in the span of maybe five seconds. Instead of doing that, yellow's teammate simply decided to become a meat shield - even though he had a sword in his hand! But why break an arm, when you can get eviscerated instead!

This show really suffers from talking about fighting instead of doing anything of value. It might work in the manga, but in the anime...? No! 'Show, don't tell' exists for a reason! Clearly, the writers expect the watcher to be a moron if they feel the need to explain absolutely everything happening on the screen. Yes! I understand that protag won't abandon his friends in need! You don't need to tell me for the twentieth time!

(Also, yellow girl should be dead twice over. Are the vampires supposed to be deadly or what? Why did that incompetent freak stand over her for ten minutes, waiting, deliberating whether to kill her or not? This is after those three morons called for backup because they were facing real vampire hunters!)

They didn't even show me Mika's beautiful face. That's pretty much my only respite in this shit show and it's gone :(
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Owari no Seraph Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2015

260 by Salomikee »»
Apr 6, 11:48 AM

» Will this come to crunchyroll soon?

Rockyjams909 - Apr 5

7 by _Blossom18_ »»
Apr 5, 4:03 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2015

599 by voshi »»
Mar 24, 9:29 AM

» Is it a good idea to watch this show? ( 1 2 )

boyswhatup - May 30, 2023

50 by RulyKinkajou59 »»
Mar 10, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Who should Yuno marry?

Lost_Hearts - Dec 17, 2023

6 by NaLu4lifee »»
Jan 17, 11:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.