Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
May 27, 2015 2:02 PM

Apr 2011
Ryuku-Tsukuyomi said:
Oh god did they really have to go down that road? I know it was extremely predictable but damn son. Why does everything needs to include a FUCKING romance? Like seriously.

It took you this long to figure out that this was a romance? What were you even watching?
May 27, 2015 2:18 PM

Jan 2010
I knew it was but I was expecting them to not go down that road, I was expecting them to have more ambitiousness but no they went the easy road to make sure they would not take any risk and secure the public's appreciation because moe = quality apparently. Oh well I guess I was hyped over nothing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2015 7:53 PM

May 2013
Another decent episode..
Our perverted mechanic meets old friend but its already not the same person as it was and gave us more background about her.

The irony of Isla getting lost in the middle of crowd after saying shes not a kid anymore so she cant get lost.. Her partner gives hes confession to her.. I didnt saw that Isla's reaction, i wonder how did it went after it..

I guess we will know with ep 9 or we might not ._.

I got very strong hunch that this will end in somewhat similar way to Angel Beats but hey... we still got 5 episodes left that could change everything
May 28, 2015 3:59 AM

Apr 2011
That confession.

And LOL! That rejection.

May 28, 2015 10:36 AM

Apr 2013
Nice way of overdramatizing and then tolling at the end of each episode. I won't be surprised if the ending is going to be the same.
May 28, 2015 12:33 PM

Jul 2013
LOL @ Isla's reaction! I relate to Eru <3
May 28, 2015 1:05 PM

Dec 2012
This episode was so beautiful ! Isla was the cutest girl of the season in the second part, and that confession ! Now I really don't want to reach the end of this show, this will be too sad :/
May 28, 2015 1:42 PM
Jul 2018
Oh God...it hurts! :'(
We all new this would happen but now sh*t just got real.
I like how this show always have to add some comedy to sad/important moments. I understand how Isla must be feeling. That will complicate things for her (she didn't even want to build memories from the get go). Error...error!
May 28, 2015 4:19 PM

Dec 2010
This was a fantastically well done episode. The romance and everything flowed together perfectly. My heart was thumping, and I was smiling at the end when he confessed. Bravo Plastic Memories. Of course we have 5 episodes left, so anything could happen. But this has been a fantastic show so far!

Also, I like how when Eru and Andie were drinking the Squid Ink juice, Eru's reaction was very subtle. It basically confirms that Olivia disliked it, and Andie likes it, which furthers the difference in their personalities, and she never brings it up. Its entirely hinted at, but is handled so delicately that one could miss it if they aren't paying attention.

Isla is waifu material, though no doubt.
May 28, 2015 11:01 PM

Jan 2014
sweet
May 29, 2015 1:16 AM
Apr 2015
Inb4 they both die before kissing each other
AmaneSuouftwMay 29, 2015 1:23 AM
May 29, 2015 12:30 PM

Jun 2014
This anime, ugh.

The first half of this episode was boring, cheap and but the second half made me really engrossed and it's so sweet.

The star cross'd lovers..
May 29, 2015 6:24 PM

Nov 2014
Welp.... that was a nice ending. Now time for some heart wrenching!!!!! Yay! :)
May 30, 2015 2:04 AM

Oct 2013
Aw. Tsukasa's confession was cute and Isla's reaction at the end was even cuter.

Now hopefully the light hearted bullshit is out of the way and the show goes back to the only thing it's actually good at: feels.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
May 30, 2015 3:53 PM

Dec 2014
Awh, Isla's so adorable. She went bright red after that confession and denied him. But that expression was priceless, she's too cute to get mad at ^^ I think she was just too embarrassed to put forth her feelings.
May 30, 2015 5:36 PM

Jul 2010
lol @ her rejection and face at the end >.<
May 30, 2015 6:25 PM

Feb 2013
I felt nothing this episode. Hey a love confession... didn't have impact for me. Not saying the episode was bad, it wasn't. It just didn't quite "do it". Isla didn't say "Error" either.

Do they really not know how Giftia work? If I swap out the HDD in my PC will it keep my files? NO!
May 30, 2015 10:27 PM
Nov 2010
This episode ending was really powerful and brings up mixed up emotions for me for knowing someone I loved that was terminally ill. Do you confess and try to carry on knowing it'll end? Or break up to avoid hurting each other? The feels are real. =/ I still think what he said in the end is the right answer. Even if it hurts, you should go for it.

I thought it was good to really hit it home that she wouldn't suddenly re-appear that Isla would be gone and then making him confess anyways. Really great pacing for this episode.
Jun 2, 2015 7:22 AM

Jan 2008
tingy said:

(...) I can't speak for everyone else who hasn't been enjoying this show, but for me, I think the problem is the execution. People say this a lot about other anime, and I think this is one of those shows that has very interesting ideas, but the story itself doesn't seem to be very well-written, imo. Especially given that I find it difficult to relate or like any of the characters, other factors such as occassional poor tonal shifts, not really funny comedy (subjective), and usage of violent tsundere personality as well as the bathroom common harem situation, etc. detracts my enjoyment of the show, even if the themes are interesting. Any narrative can ask philosophical or thought-provoking questions, just because Plastic Memories does this, doesn't mean that it's integrated well with the story and/or the characters.

Pretty much my train of thought. Everything is terribly bland in this show and creators don't have a clue what they want to convey. Oh look, androids in human world, their memories are wiped out, they can become vigilante, how interesti-- NOPE, boring romance without any impact between resident Sad Loli and dumb MC that supposedly lived all his live beneath a rock in Tibet. It's Samurai Flamenco all over again - first episode was really strong and I was glad I decided to pick up PM despite my initial struggle with it. And then second episode happened. And then the third one. And then that oh-my-God-terrible fourth one. If we are playing the comparison game, then Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso tried way too hard but at least it did SOMETHING. Plastic Memories doesn't know what it wants to achieve, what tale does it want to spun and why the hell should I care about all those characters taken from The Great Book of Cliched Archetypes. Too bad, because there was a lot of potential and I doubt they will recover from it in upcoming episodes.
Jun 3, 2015 6:19 AM

Jul 2008
lol, the ending struck an arrow into Tsukasa :P
Jun 3, 2015 8:29 PM

Apr 2015
Come on Tsukasa! Kiss her or it'll be too late >.<
Jun 6, 2015 9:29 PM

Aug 2014
I can't believed they ruined that awesome confession ...........
Honoka is my Hero! Click Me!
Jun 6, 2015 10:12 PM

Nov 2014

LUUUUUL

Jun 7, 2015 4:43 AM

Dec 2012
This show is too generic and could have been so much better if they had focused instead on the lore of the world and how Giftias function and stuff.
Not this stupid romance route that has two people that are so dense who fall into typical tropes. It's really unappealing./
Jun 9, 2015 9:37 AM

Dec 2012
Every time I watch this show, I can't shake off the melancholic atmosphere that's lingering behind it all. This episode really brought those feelings to light with the confession, that the heartbreak is incoming and nothing can stop it, but to hold onto what's still there regardless.

Plastic Memories hasn't quite been what I expected, but I really like how they've been building Tsukasa and Isla's relationship throughout the series, that confession was perfect timing and I could feel that connection that was made between the two. Poor Tsukasa though, he just triggered the biggest error yet.
Jun 10, 2015 1:49 PM

Jun 2010
He's in love with her but didn't even realise she got lost.. what a jerk.

This series is way too predictable.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 10, 2015 10:24 PM

May 2014
Aaaw what a sweet episode. Yes, there are very melancholic undertones but he's using her current time to it's fullest! And I like Eru's maturity really coming out, despite everything else =p
Jun 14, 2015 4:06 PM

Aug 2013
Welp he finally told her he loves her so :D
... but that rejection tho xD
I loved this ep!
Jun 15, 2015 8:10 AM

Nov 2011
Yet another episode is as solid as a narrative story that, if he started on the right foot, perhaps at this point we would already be well advanced with the plot. A thorny issue is dealt with, difficult to choose how to deal with it, the way indicated by Eru is really painful. Too bad that while improving the story, the quality of the drawings has not improved in the same way. Very sweet and engaging the final.
Jun 15, 2015 11:48 PM
Jul 2018
The focus was on Eru this episode and it was amusing! The romance still continues :/ Again there were funny moments I guess.

I didn't see that rejection coming though.
Jun 16, 2015 1:40 PM

Sep 2010
Ugh.. I was hoping they wouldn't go this route.

Isla was also alot more annoying than usual. The pouty thing is getting old.
Jun 20, 2015 9:57 PM

Sep 2011
tbh at this point in the series I'm not enjoying it much anymore. The first episode got my hopes up but its gone very much down hill from there. Especially this episode has me questioning why memories have to be wiped out. In the world of advanced technology where human-like androids exist, there is no possible way to backup memory data on a usb drive or something? Where are the memories being stored during their operation time? Can't you just pull the data off that? This is really dumb.
Jun 27, 2015 4:21 PM

Jan 2015
Hahah pouting then after the end song she was so cute and said I can't haha :D
Jun 28, 2015 11:30 AM

Feb 2011
a new case
that woman had a doll resembling the giftia, wonder if she's thinking of her as a doll

no opening? :o

go eru, attack the outsider :D
ohhhh, that outsider was a giftia, that's why she didn't remember

isla is not a child? that's right, she's more like an elderly..

Tohka_Yatogami said:
Lol @ that rejection!

indeed xD

and eru seems to be corrupting andie pretty fast xD

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Jul 6, 2015 11:32 PM
Jun 2013
yeah at this point i'm just watching it to finish. the issue that people have (myself included), as stated by someone else here, is execution. the concept hooked me and so many others at the first episode. but they seemed to bounce around styles for the first few episodes (is it gonna be nichijou, romance, action?) until they finally seemed to choose to stick with romance. you could LITERALLY experience the director changing his mind as the episodes were produced.

the concept was amazing, and a lot of people get the question he poses. but they just flipped it into a generic romance, and now the concept is somewhat tainted. it had SOOO much potential :(
Jul 10, 2015 1:18 PM

Jan 2011
R-R-Romance?! And Isla even rejected, what a cuntess!
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jul 10, 2015 4:27 PM

Apr 2014
oh no
rejected
poor tsukasa
Jul 11, 2015 3:11 AM

May 2010
I think this was my favorite episode yet. Really like Eru so it was awesome. My favorite moment was when the ED song played in the background and Tsukasa started running while Eru went like "Hang in there, kid."

Isla is such a nice girl. And a big yes for confession! Tsukasa got guts, I liked that.
Jul 12, 2015 10:06 AM

May 2014
Hahahaha! That response really hit hard! xD
Jul 12, 2015 9:30 PM
Jul 2018
Hikarusuke said:
DAT Kawaiiness of Isla can't be denied.

It will always reign supreme.

That rejection was hilarious though. Overall this anime has me laughing and very sad. I'm afraid of what's coming up.

yhunata said:
Damn..... the flaws of this show. Why the fuck can't you backup their memories? You can make androids that can't be differentiated from humans and you can't make a fucking backup?

People need to get over this already. That is the premise.
removed-userJul 12, 2015 9:38 PM
Jul 15, 2015 2:16 PM

May 2012
What a wonderful episode, especially with such a great confession as an end! Really wonder what her response will be, so let's see what's next!
Jul 18, 2015 6:37 AM

Dec 2010
L O L. Tsukasa got wrekt.

Episode was less melancholic than I expected. Still ok with it.
Jul 20, 2015 8:39 PM

Mar 2015
Could this be the deus ex machina ending that the author will pull? From the opening scene, it seems that deleting Isla's memories seems to be an option to keep her body.

Isla getting confident then hide behind Tsukasa was funny! So Olivia and Eru was friend before the memory loss. I feel bad for Eru, now we know her purpose in this story.

Isla is jealous and scared of Eru was too funny. Bring more cute Isla~~

That confession at the end.... I'm ready for drama or rejection or error.

Jul 29, 2015 3:38 AM
Jul 2018
Ciara said:
tingy said:

(...) I can't speak for everyone else who hasn't been enjoying this show, but for me, I think the problem is the execution. People say this a lot about other anime, and I think this is one of those shows that has very interesting ideas, but the story itself doesn't seem to be very well-written, imo. Especially given that I find it difficult to relate or like any of the characters, other factors such as occassional poor tonal shifts, not really funny comedy (subjective), and usage of violent tsundere personality as well as the bathroom common harem situation, etc. detracts my enjoyment of the show, even if the themes are interesting. Any narrative can ask philosophical or thought-provoking questions, just because Plastic Memories does this, doesn't mean that it's integrated well with the story and/or the characters.

Pretty much my train of thought. Everything is terribly bland in this show and creators don't have a clue what they want to convey. Oh look, androids in human world, their memories are wiped out, they can become vigilante, how interesti-- NOPE, boring romance without any impact between resident Sad Loli and dumb MC that supposedly lived all his live beneath a rock in Tibet. It's Samurai Flamenco all over again - first episode was really strong and I was glad I decided to pick up PM despite my initial struggle with it. And then second episode happened. And then the third one. And then that oh-my-God-terrible fourth one. If we are playing the comparison game, then Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso tried way too hard but at least it did SOMETHING. Plastic Memories doesn't know what it wants to achieve, what tale does it want to spun and why the hell should I care about all those characters taken from The Great Book of Cliched Archetypes. Too bad, because there was a lot of potential and I doubt they will recover from it in upcoming episodes.

I agree with all objections. Even if this series is tring to give an answer to serious questions, it's doing this very shallowly. In my opinion, this anime is simply infantile :P Not to mention things, which were critised earlier. -3/5 for episode.
Aug 7, 2015 8:30 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I feel bad for Eru, but it was nice to see her accept the fate of not being able to see Olivia again. Instead she makes new memories, this time with Andie, Olivia's new personality.

The confession scene was 5/5 stars, Isla's answer was cute. They way she turns all red and is left speechless. She was too embarrassed to give a proper answer.

Aug 24, 2015 12:59 PM
Jul 2013
Just... Don't.. Cry... [some tears]
What an awesome episode, so much feels...
Aug 24, 2015 2:54 PM
Jan 2014
Plastic Memories is, in the main, a lesson learning experience. The actual thrust is the discovery of what it means to be Human. As opposed to merely existing.

It's not about Androids. it's about an Android spending its whole life, only to succeed in becoming Human, just before she has to leave.

Permanently.

She is a success. She even got a going away party. She became Human. She was no longer an Android.

It makes a strong case for the notion that anyone or anything can decide to be Human. If one tries hard enough. It's not a matter of birth. It has always been a choice.
Aug 27, 2015 6:41 PM
Jan 2010
He really have some balls for letting himself getting emotionally attached to someone who's there for less than 40 days more :/
Mar 28, 2016 7:10 PM

Mar 2015
Now Tsukasa has rejected, what will happen to their relationship from now on??? It will be awkward or what???

In a normal standard shounen or shoujo genre, usually confession is accepted but Isla went denial, LOL.

I think Isla will expire around episode 10 and she will gain back memories in episode 12.

3.8/5
May 12, 2016 12:37 AM

Sep 2011
Dayuuum amazing confession scene! Too bad he got rejected. LOL
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Are they really Android?

Animo_san - Apr 13

0 by Animo_san »»
Apr 13, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2015

534 by Moonlit_whisper1 »»
Mar 22, 12:13 PM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2015

547 by Penguinu »»
Jan 16, 2:07 AM

» Plastic memories

Golden__Darkness - May 16, 2015

8 by Shinetizinho »»
Jan 13, 6:25 PM

» How did you feel while watching this and what impression did the anime leave on you? ( 1 2 )

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

50 by maximovich »»
Jan 12, 2:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.