Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »
May 31, 2015 10:00 AM

Apr 2011
Kirigaro92 said:
Best episode so far, remind me of the epic fight Kirito v/s the gleam eyes

What exactly crossed my mind.

May 31, 2015 1:00 PM

Aug 2010
Best episode so far. Didn't expect an episode of this level of quality from this anime. It was perfection in almost every aspect.

most intense fight scene this season thus far. Even topping UBW.
May 31, 2015 7:02 PM

Oct 2013
Ragna92 said:
most intense fight scene this season thus far. Even topping UBW.

bruuhhhh, no.

That said, it was a pretty cool fight scene and this was an awesome episode. The action itself wasn't mindblowing, but I felt the incredible urge for him to win and show those other douches up.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
May 31, 2015 10:29 PM
Jan 2013
LuciferIAm said:
An episode like this really gives me stomach cancer. How any of you enjoyed this awfully written pos is beyond me. His motivations are as weak as they could possibly be. kiritos voice continues to be ridiculously painful to the ears. I just dont even. The fight wasn't even that entertaining, do you people not watch actual good fight scenes? sigh

I find it refeshing for a main character to have his own goals rather than some self insert tragic backstory bs.

Anime fan's cringeworthy"standards" these days.

Jun 1, 2015 8:58 AM
Jan 2010
MC powers, ACTIVATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jun 1, 2015 9:12 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
I m amazed by the quality J.C. Staff is animating this, I have seen most of they stuff, normally they dont excel at animation, but the fighting scenes so far on DanMachi have been pretty well done. Wow.
Jun 1, 2015 10:58 PM

Jul 2008
awesome fight scene! <3
Jun 1, 2015 11:37 PM

May 2012
The fight is good, but it is not the best in this season. Vanilla Ice fight in JoJo anime was more intense. Also, I think the fight with Dio will also be more intense

Also, the OST during the fight is not as good as SAO
thepathJun 1, 2015 11:40 PM
Jun 2, 2015 12:53 AM

May 2008
Great fight scene. Reminded me why a got into Anime back in the days. That excitement and sweaty hands from watching.
Jun 2, 2015 10:01 AM

Oct 2008
Very Action packed Bell episode!
Battle scene with Bell & Minotaur was friggin' awesome!
Bell is really getting stronger! and in a really fast way!
Just only Level One but all abilities were rank S...that is just like an overpowered Super Novice (Ragnarok Online).
Well... it looks like all the training moments of Bell with Aiz finally paid-off or at least.
Has Anyone found an uncensored End card image? I tried to look it up on SanPanda or reverse image search engine but no luck.
5/5.

Jun 2, 2015 2:03 PM

Oct 2012
Another overpowered main character... it's little weird he got all stats to S in no time. Where is the room for developing further?
But I guess those are lvl1 abilities, and if this works the way that you'll level up when all your current abilities are S, it's ok.

I have to say the fight was cool though. Wonder if he now joins Loki's party on his adventures.
Jun 3, 2015 1:03 AM

Jun 2014
Awesome fight scene. Felt WAY TOO MUCH like SAO. but whatever, it was a cool fight scene.
Way to just TOSS lili aside there after she saved your scared ass there douchebag!
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Jun 3, 2015 8:08 PM
Jun 2015
Don't know how anyone can call this anime mediocre .. it's running about three episodes per LN .. And not leaving much out.. And for the stuff that does get left out.. the visuals more than make up for it
Jun 4, 2015 3:08 AM

Dec 2012
Welcome back Gleam Eyes That fight truly measures up to and defines the purest form of the word epic. Well done to the team behind that one, that was truly adventurous.
Jun 4, 2015 7:41 AM
May 2015
genesic123 said:
LuciferIAm said:
An episode like this really gives me stomach cancer. How any of you enjoyed this awfully written pos is beyond me. His motivations are as weak as they could possibly be. kiritos voice continues to be ridiculously painful to the ears. I just dont even. The fight wasn't even that entertaining, do you people not watch actual good fight scenes? sigh

I find it refeshing for a main character to have his own goals rather than some self insert tragic backstory bs.

Anime fan's cringeworthy&quot;standards&quot; these days.

He's pretty much risking his life for a girl who has less personality than a rock and he barely knows except "damn shes hot lemme do dumb shit"

Need more clarification as to why Bell's motives and character is retarded? Have you not been reading the threads since ep 1
Jun 5, 2015 9:16 AM

Nov 2012
Wow Freya went full Hisoka mode this episode
That fight was awesome, Bell finally took a level in badass.

Haven't read any of the novels, (just marathoned the available episodes) so for a moment I thought Ais was going to fight for him and die or something, which would mindbreak Bell. She doesn't have much of a personality and the exp grind ability seems kind of broken to me XD

This series has been a nice surprise so far.
5/5
kchorrex2012Jun 5, 2015 9:22 AM
Jun 5, 2015 9:59 AM

Apr 2013
kchorrex2012 said:

Haven't read any of the novels, (just marathoned the available episodes) so for a moment I thought Ais was going to fight for him and die or something, which would mindbreak Bell.
5/5

She probably can kill that Minotaurus with a single slap. And without puting any strength in the slap, to boot. Even a level 3 Mage (so with very low strength compared to warriors) was proven to be able to kill in one hit a Minotaurus by just swinging her staff around and hitting the minotaurus. She's a level 6 and is fighter oriented, although her magic stat is very high, that's a buff stats when she fight rather than offensive magic.
Jun 5, 2015 10:26 AM

Nov 2012
Zefyris said:
kchorrex2012 said:

Haven't read any of the novels, (just marathoned the available episodes) so for a moment I thought Ais was going to fight for him and die or something, which would mindbreak Bell.
5/5

She probably can kill that Minotaurus with a single slap. And without puting any strength in the slap, to boot. Even a level 3 Mage (so with very low strength compared to warriors) was proven to be able to kill in one hit a Minotaurus by just swinging her staff around and hitting the minotaurus. She's a level 6 and is fighter oriented, although her magic stat is very high, that's a buff stats when she fight rather than offensive magic.

I think so now (considering it was a plan by Freya), but given this was a special minotaur that managed to resist many fire spells I wasn't totally sure. It'd be easier to have an idea if we knew what level is that dude who trained the minotaur. More importantly, I forgot that Bell was still level 1 and thought those guys in Ais' party were mistaken (only when it's confirmed he leveled up I could picture the difference between Ais and him better).
Jun 5, 2015 10:36 AM

Apr 2013
The fact that it resisted fire spell wasn't because he was special. Minotaurus have natural resistance to fire. That's why the Loki familia was commenting that Bell's opponent was a bad one for him after seeing his spell. You can kill them with fire, but since they're resistant, this require a fire spell of a stronger level than that.

That minotaurus was especially strong for his race it seems, seeing as he was chosen by Ottarl himself. And on top of that he was trained to fight like an adventurer rather than a simple enraged beast, with the prudence and smartness when fighting that make a huge difference in how dangerous he was (that, and the huge sword is obviously bad news too compared to a bare handed one).
But its resistance to fire and hits comes from his race.
Jun 6, 2015 12:57 PM
Dec 2013
I heard good things about this episode, and I wasn't disappointed. 5/5
Jun 6, 2015 7:02 PM

Nov 2014
Great fight, well done Bell

Jun 7, 2015 7:53 AM

Dec 2012
The animation was freakin good ! This episode reminded me the fight with the minotaur in SAO.
Jun 7, 2015 9:13 AM

Oct 2008
Vandesdelca said:
Riotstarter said:

SS? What does that mean? Super Saiyan?

S is generally seen as a class above A rank in many games and some anime.

SS rank is used to describe a class even beyond S rank. In the Final Fantasy Theatrhythm 3DS game you can get SSS scores.

S - Savage
SS - Sadistic
SSS - Sensational

Jun 10, 2015 2:37 AM

May 2010
LuciferIAm said:
An episode like this really gives me stomach cancer. How any of you enjoyed this awfully written pos is beyond me. His motivations are as weak as they could possibly be. kiritos voice continues to be ridiculously painful to the ears.
Stomach cancer, aside, which I suppose came to you unexpectedly... no one would expect to get stomach cancer from watching anime, I guess. But, then again, you must have had mad skills to be able to detect it so soon after you developed it. However, you continue to listen to Kirito's voice knowing it is gonna hurt your ears?

Like, I'm no medical professional or anything, but continuing to pain your ears knowing you've got stomach cancer doesn't sound like a good idea. The extra stress could worsen your condition unless you already went and got the cancer treated. But, even then, painful ears sounds painful... I think you should consider dropping this show.
Jun 12, 2015 9:19 PM
Jun 2013
wow I am really impressed. I didn't think he had it in him. That's was a phenomenal fight! I loved every second of it. I even found myself rewinding a few parts too. It was all really epic.
Jun 12, 2015 10:31 PM
Mar 2013
kageromero said:
belatkuro said:
Bell's stats before the Minotaur fight:

Strength: S982
Endurance: S900
Dexterity: S988
Agility: SS1049
Magic: B751

yup! Sad how they left out the part about him being the first person to have a SS stat, but they'll probably cover that in the next episode. Atleast on the official website they have it updated to SS

where do yoy find about this? can u tell me where i can get the manga or novel where they talk more about his skill.. thanks
Jun 12, 2015 10:37 PM
Mar 2013
Zefyris said:
SkyTate said:
Using the minotaur's sword against him... that was quite epic. Wondered why no one was really surprised that he was able to wield that sword.

Exactly what I thought.

I'll explain it then. Ranks are about the stats you gain during that level. They rise as you kill monster and depending of what happens. If you get hit a lot, your toughness rises, if you dodge a lot, agility rise, and so on.
Like it was said before, just killing monster doesn't make you level up, it will only rise you stat (as long as you don't get stuck, since your leveling in stat can get stuck anywhere).

For you to level up, you need to defeat opponent considered of a superior level (like a minautor(lvl2) for a level 1 ). Maybe several I suppose, especially if you do it in group.
For your information, a weak level 2 monster/adventurer is far stronger than a strong level 1, so the levelling rise your raw abilities by a huge margin, and usually, strong level 1 won't try to defeat a weak level 2 alone.

But let's get back to the way stats goes. If you noticed, every time a stat reach a new hundred, it changes its letter. 0-99 I 100-199 H 200-299 G ... 800-899 A 900-999 S.
The highest you rise in stats, the less new fight will influence your stat rising, until it get stucks or until... you change your level.
Usually, peoples doesn't reach S in abilities, except maybe in their main stats ( like a light fight reaching it in agility, for example) . No one even heard of a SS rank, either. The thing is, in Bell's case, his skill means that his stats grows very fast and DON'T GET STUCK (<- note here: this IS completely overpowered) so every stats reached S, except for magic.

Those stats will reset to 0 (I) with a level up, but they won't be lost. They are basically a "hidden parameter", which will influence what he can do, but will no longer be visible on the back of the adventurer.

So usually there is two cases for adventurers.
1) They rise in stats between C and A, and if they're lucky maybe a S, and then they defeat a superior monster in group, and level up (<- this is a MINORITY)
2) they rise in stats and get stuck somewhere. They don't reach enough stats to be able to defeat a level 2 even in group, and since most familia don't have level 2, they all get stuck here with stats inferior to C.

in all cases, reaching level 2 is a process that at the very last takes 1 year (record is currently one year, all others are far longer than that it seems).

So, the Loki familia are completely dumbfounded by two things when Riveria looks at his stats (btw, the " magic" line and everything below it (skill, ability, spells...) is hidden by what remains of his shirt, that's why she says "all S" even though there's a B in magic).

1) How the hell can someone rise all his stats to S without getting stuck beforehand, that's completely crazy.
2) How the hell did that guy rise his stats to S in one month even though the current record of going to level 2 was one year, and that on top of this like I said, that record holder didn't especially rise the all stats to S before leveling.
and 3) For Hestia, Riveria and someone else who could read them as well : What the hell is SS rank? the stats got over 1000 without getting stuck, never heard of that??

can you please tell me where you got all this info are u reading the manga or a novel and where can I find it of buy plz
Jun 13, 2015 12:51 AM

Apr 2013
Novel. It has started to be published by yen press in english, so you won't find the translation online on the websites they were before since they were removed with the official publishing of yen press.
I personally bought the japanese novels from amazon.co.jp and honto.jp
I suppose english volumes can be bought from the usual place like bookdepository.
In english, volume 1 and 2 are out, volume 3 is out in august, volume 4 in december.
In japanese, volume 8 just wen out a few days beofre, volume 9 shoulg be out in september
Jun 13, 2015 6:36 PM

May 2015
Damn reminded me of Kirito vs Gleam Eyes
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 17, 2015 3:20 PM

Jun 2011
Awesome episode.. the fight lived up for the long build up..
Freya's reaction/orgasm killed me from laughing XD
Jun 18, 2015 11:50 AM

Sep 2013
That minotaur is definitely level 2, hell even some level 2 adventurers will die against it.
level 1 all S >> level 2 (gained from level 1 c or b stats)
Jun 19, 2015 3:09 AM

Apr 2013
level 1 all S >> level 2 (gained from level 1 c or b stats)

Even a fresh level 2 gained with all D stats would still be stronger than a level 1 with S stats, actually.

Minotaurus are monsters appearing in the first levels with level 2, compared to monsters appearing below the 18th floor, they're weak. Even if that was was trained, it's still a level 2 monster from the very first part of middle levels.
And even while having S stats on everything, SS stats in agility, being trained by Ais to boot, and having a very good weapon, Bell still had his ass saved by Ais in the middle of the fight, and after that, had to make a very long battle and achieved win with nothing remaining (mind down). So that Minotaurus was basically as strong as Bell was. Whereas a level 2 adventurer is supposed to be STRONGER than a single level 2 monster. The fact that level 2 group before going in the middle floor is due to huge risk of being completely surrounded by level 2 monsters in the middle floors.
Jun 20, 2015 2:41 AM

Jun 2013
anyone else thought about this when it came to that particular fight scene?

Jun 21, 2015 8:40 PM
Feb 2011
boring cliche of a lead character... I don't get why people find these type of main characters interesting. It's way to common to have a main character grow stronger faster then everyone else and all that crap. I can't get into a story where I know the outcome of what ever problem comes up.

5/10 for the show & dropped.
Jun 24, 2015 4:18 PM

May 2012
Amazing episode, really liked the intense battle and to then know he leveled up and that his ranks are all S were really lovely! I do wonder what will happen next but I really like where this is going!
Jun 28, 2015 8:50 PM

Feb 2012
holy shit this fight was so fucking intense <3
i wonder what gonna happen when he's going to rank up

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Jul 2, 2015 1:34 PM

Sep 2013
Yay good bye to wimpy kid.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Jul 10, 2015 9:32 AM

May 2015
YEAH. HE DID IT!

TOTALLY DIDN'T EXPECT IT.
Jul 11, 2015 3:03 PM

Sep 2013
Wow....from novice to S-rank in a month wtf....wonder what will happen if he uses hyperbolic time chamber!!!!
Jul 13, 2015 1:58 PM
Jan 2010
Such an epic fight, it was quite longer than i expected, with really good build up, they sure did deliver with this one!
Jul 15, 2015 12:57 AM

May 2015
All ablility Rank S!! Wow
Jul 15, 2015 12:58 AM

May 2015
zurgboy00 said:
Damn reminded me of Kirito vs Gleam Eyes

Me too haha
Jul 15, 2015 4:48 PM
Sep 2012
Maaaaaan, no wonder Freya had was *cough cough* in that state. That fight was sexy.
Jul 17, 2015 4:56 PM
Jan 2015
wow, bell is fueled by showing off. lol.
Jul 25, 2015 2:00 AM

Jun 2013
Well....Bell was so Freaking Bad Ass in this episode...and Bete got pretty much silenced in the end....And now Loki Family knows about his Abilities..And they now acknowledge him...."Ability All S" Damn could stop my Smile at that moment!! Trauma has been UNDONE!!!

Well...Bete really sound like arrogant...but when Lili ask him to help Bell with bloody face? Is He actually Tsundere? XD
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Jul 25, 2015 8:21 AM

Nov 2010
That was a really tense and well drawn fight against the raging Minotaur
Jul 25, 2015 11:09 AM

Jul 2013
OMFG!!! Bell against that Minotaur and defeating it ... (I guess by argonaut they meant Jason because minotaur) ! So damn EPIC! <3

I loved it and how he wanted to do it by himself and not be saved again!

Bete was there again!

All rank S! oooooo, shiny! lol.
Aug 9, 2015 6:56 PM

Apr 2015
i hope they focus in other things besides bell's ambition for power. I do know that it's normal for a adventurer like him to desire more power, but somehow this is annoying me. Hope they focus in other things that Bell could desire.
Aug 29, 2015 4:32 AM
May 2012
Fuck yeah Bell wooohooo!!
You know you did great when you made a hot bitch cum just by pwning a minotaur.
Sep 3, 2015 2:05 PM

Dec 2008
Just when I was about to give up on Bell as a lost cause, he throws Lili, and then opens up a whirlwind of whoop ass on that steroid-raging Minotaur!

And Freya, I have no idea what you're doing, but...
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2015

363 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2015

196 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 1:42 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2015

208 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2015

282 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Apr 10, 2015

277 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 11:38 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.