Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 22, 2015 4:36 PM

Apr 2010
Kirito dual wields to victory, again.
May 22, 2015 4:47 PM

Apr 2013
EratiK said:
Ah, thanks, now I get it, in a way it's like a level within a level. But then again, if people reaching B-S are so rare (and is that for each level? or once you're high-leveled, can more people max out their stats?), why even bother to invent this system? Seems a like a convenient loophole to be exploited by the author. Not that I'm judging, I haven't read the LN after all.

Anyway so far I feel not knowing these things hasn't been a deterent to my enjoyment, so I agree with JC's way of doing things, but I'm glad I asked in case things get complicated in the future.

I don't know for level 2 and above, but that's probably the same.
The system in itself isn't the problem. If you have in your party peoples who can compensate for this, you can still rise by fighting monsters that wouldn't be possible with just peoples of your level. The problem here is for the majority of familia, to get at least one level 2 to avoid their whole familia to get stuck at level 1. Small familia has a huge problem in this, especially due to gods like Freiya (especially Freiya herself, since she can see the potential of someone before he becomes strong, and can get anyone she want because she's a gods of beauty).
DenjaX said:
Zefyris said:

Wow! Thank you for this great explanation. It became more clear to me now. xDD It reminds me when I first played Skyrim, I was stuck on level one but I keep leveling up my skills to no end xDD

DAMMN If that was the case, Bell should have been patient enough to max the rank before promoting to next level. It is far better in the long run! xDD

I have questions though:
1. When Hestia wants to update Bell's stats but he left anyway, was she supposed to talk about her SS rank in agility?

2. You said that the stats in level 1 will be carried over as hidden parameter when you get to level 2. So basically Bell will go back to lowest rank when he leveled up. But if he keeps raising rank to S before leveling up to level 3, does that mean he will be better than the average level 4 adventurer?

3. You mentioned that adventurers gets stuck on their rank stats and will no longer raise further. Is that the reason they have to form parties to promote? Since higher level monsters are very difficult. Can they promote with the help of others?

1) When bell left, stats were already updated (if not for that, bell would have lost against the minautorus). Bell left before Hestia could talk to him about the results, like they usually do. As such, Bell completely ignores the fact that he breached SS.
2)You're forgetting one thing. While the stats gained in the previous level are carried over as hidden parameters, the level-up itself gives a huge boost in every stats by itself, which is not appearing in the parameters either. As such, no, I don't think that even by doing as you said, he would be stronger than a level 4. Especially since level 4 are a select few, I don't think you can call any of rank level 4 + "weak" or even "average".
3) yes, outside of being more in security as a group, it's the basic idea. Being several means that the experience gets shared, and if someone participate more than another he gets most of it, but it's better than getting nothing. That's why it's so long to level up for most peoples. And why small familia get stuck easily with only level 1.
May 22, 2015 4:59 PM

Nov 2008
Zefyris said:

1) When bell left, stats were already updated (if not for that, bell would have lost against the minautorus). Bell left before Hestia could talk to him about the results, like they usually do. As such, Bell completely ignores the fact that he breached SS.
2)You're forgetting one thing. While the stats gained in the previous level are carried over as hidden parameters, the level-up itself gives a huge boost in every stats by itself, which is not appearing in the parameters either. As such, no, I don't think that even by doing as you said, he would be stronger than a level 4. Especially since level 4 are a select few, I don't think you can call any of rank level 4 + "weak" or even "average".
3) yes, outside of being more in security as a group, it's the basic idea. Being several means that the experience gets shared, and if someone participate more than another he gets most of it, but it's better than getting nothing. That's why it's so long to level up for most peoples. And why small familia get stuck easily with only level 1.
Thanks for the dedicated responses.

2. Oh I overlooked the bonus stat gained by levels. So to maximize Bell's stats he should max all the ranks (rank SS or SSS? more?) before leveling up right? So if he ever reaches level 6, he will be far better than Aiz stat-wise?

3. I'm probably asking for spoilers at this point. If it will be explained later in the episodes please don't answer this. xDD If adventurers takes years to level up, how come Aiz is still so young yet she's already level 6?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
May 22, 2015 5:11 PM

Jan 2013
For an overall mediocre anime, the fight scene was pretty epic in terms of the action.
May 22, 2015 5:14 PM
Sep 2013
God dmn I'm loving this series.. Can someone explain the mind zero and rank s to me? Or will I figure out next episode?
May 22, 2015 5:16 PM

Jun 2014
Wow, this anime was rather unimpressive (to me at least) until this episode. The animation was pretty well done as well. Hopefully the rest of the anime is as good as this episode
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 22, 2015 5:18 PM

Jan 2008
LionsCrest said:
God dmn I'm loving this series.. Can someone explain the mind zero and rank s to me? Or will I figure out next episode?

I think Mind Zero is just the state of having no mp left from spamming Firebolt. Rank S was explained in a previous post in a spoiler in the previous page.
May 22, 2015 5:19 PM
Jul 2014
Can someone explain how the stats works? A is the "worst" and S the best? And what does the numbers stand for? like what is max numbers to get another rank? Sorry for being a tard..
May 22, 2015 5:20 PM

Oct 2012
A very good episode, probably the best so far :D And the fight was epic *_*

ioriginal said:
Can someone explain how the stats works? A is the "worst" and S the best? And what does the numbers stand for? like what is max numbers to get another rank? Sorry for being a tard..

No I think S is just above A, or something like this :

S : the best
A : very good
B : good
C : average
D : bad

Well I'm French so I'm not really familiar with this kind of ranking, it's just based on what I understand. If I'm wrong and someone can help, I'd be more than happy to be corrected ^^'
K1NGST0N33May 22, 2015 5:28 PM
May 22, 2015 5:32 PM
Sep 2013
Paul said:
LionsCrest said:

I think Mind Zero is just the state of having no mp left from spamming Firebolt. Rank S was explained in a previous post in a spoiler in the previous page.

Thank you, I read the previous post, it makes more sense now. Now its just waiting on next weeks episode
May 22, 2015 5:37 PM

Oct 2011
Kirito defeated the Gleam Eyes Minatoar BAD@SSS <33333
May 22, 2015 5:37 PM

Jun 2013
What a great episode!!!!!
May 22, 2015 5:45 PM

Jul 2010
Best legitimately episode so far. But I really wonder, if he's all S now, how could he improve even more?
May 22, 2015 5:45 PM

Nov 2014
I felt like I was overhearing nerds talk about some MMO this episode.
"Mind Zero!" "What are his stats?!" "They're S ranked." "...-gasp!-"
May 22, 2015 5:48 PM

Aug 2012
Sasuga JC. That choreography is definitely Rank-S!
Dayum! This is how you make a fight, Ufo~
May 22, 2015 5:58 PM

Sep 2010
That fight... I think I saw it somewhere :)

Really good though, still given that Aiz has level 6 and Bell will now probably have level 2 (or maybe even 3 because it was some mutated Minotaur) the Anime's ending will probably be lacking. (that or second season that will come one day)
May 22, 2015 5:58 PM

Jan 2013
That animation was amazing, such a long fight too. I loved it.
May 22, 2015 6:07 PM
Oct 2014
Yeah, I'm the same as a lot of these people. bumped this show from a 7 to an 8 for me.

I seriously live for fights like these in anime. I always wanted to see an epic anime fight with someone who dual wielded two knives. Awesome fight, great ep. Major props to JC staff.
May 22, 2015 6:18 PM

Apr 2015
This episode deserves a 5. The fight scene is beyond my expectation.
May 22, 2015 6:19 PM
Sep 2012
That music in the end. I need it. I was tearing up when it started playing.

The fight was a lot better than how I imagined it in Volume 3. Sasuga, J.C. Staff.
LinkmstrMay 22, 2015 6:29 PM
May 22, 2015 6:20 PM

Mar 2009
Freya sure is thirsty.

No idea how Bell was able to raise his stats that high(and I'm sure that's a spoiler), but he was badass in this episode. Great fight and really enjoyable episode.
May 22, 2015 6:30 PM

Oct 2012
Dam Bell using the big sword with one hand
May 22, 2015 6:46 PM

Aug 2013
Zefyris said:

Bless you m8
May 22, 2015 6:56 PM

Jan 2011
Holy shit, this episode was intense as heck! The fight scene was animated amazingly, good job J.C. Staff! Bell fighting the Minotaur definitely reminded me and probably a lot of people of SAO's Kirito fighting The Gleam Eyes Minotaurs. Bell's determination and change in attitude was crazy too. His status ended up being all S-ranks too, geezus. Definitely the best episode of DanMachi by far. Animation, music and voice acting was top-notch this episode. Freya was creepy though, it looked like she was having an orgasm. o.o This series is so damn entertaining; loved it! xD
Badass Bell / 5
May 22, 2015 7:14 PM
Apr 2015
CyanElekid said:
This felt sooooooooooo much like one of the SAO episodes..

Personally really enojyed watching it, even though it felt a bit stupid with how he almost collapses and then can fight that well, with a hole in his arm, afterwards.
Kind of wish they would give some more information about stats, or how strong the minotaurus is supposed to be, other than from a higher floor.

It's his ability that makes him super over powered. I assume it's like having adrenaline coursing through your veins every time the ability chooses to activate itself.

And yeah, it's got that SAO feeling. That fight though... it was fun to watch.
May 22, 2015 7:20 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Such a well-choreographed fight! It was intense! Like most everyone has said here, Bell fighting the Minotaur reminded me of Kirito's fight against the Minotaur boss in SAO. For Bell-kun, he put up a great fight, never giving up. And then there were even a group of people, including Ais, who witnessed Bell's hard fought victory against the powerful opponent. I'm glad Lili's safe too. Now Bell is under Hestia's care, and loli Goddess is very VERY proud of Bell, that's for sure. :')
May 22, 2015 7:24 PM
Aug 2014
Wow, just wow.

Bravo JC Staff, bravo...

I have really longed for some nice animation scene for whatever timeframe.
After all I am a sucker for something like this.

That even outclassed something like the best UBW scenes.
I am not particurlarly talking about the quality, just how it was pulled off.
Some scenes in UBW for example seemed to be awesome, but mostly were short and had a touch of CGI support.

But what made this episode special was this kind of handmade flavour and especially the LENGTH of the fight against the minotaurus.

Just fucking awesome, I wished more anime could pull off scenes like this.

After all we are all watching an animated visual medium, so I wished more people would appreciate efforts like that.
sonnakotonaiMay 22, 2015 8:06 PM
May 22, 2015 7:35 PM

Nov 2013
Holy fucking shit that fight scene. It was exquisitely coreographed. I was super impressed, and that fight scene improved my opinion of this show by 50%.
May 22, 2015 7:40 PM

Jul 2009
Freya is really beginning to pissed me off, this bitch needs to chill out and get lost. Bell is off-limits

If Hestia (who btw is the best girl) doesn't get her shit together and properly protect Bell from that other crazy goddess she doesn't deserve him. Wtf is the point of having a goddess if she lets some other goddess mess with u all the time. GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THINGS DAMNIT

Bete's an ass as always

Green-haired elf shouldn't have looked at his states. Invasion of privacy much!

Bell fighting was kinda dark, why he gotta get so emo? Honestly i don't buy his motivation to get stronger.
May 22, 2015 7:53 PM

Nov 2014
the fight scene was awesome...feels like watching SAO

anyhow they left out his Agi being SS but [spoiler] it's gonna reset now that he leveled up
May 22, 2015 8:01 PM

May 2013
Bell meets the Minotaur. And freakin' Firebolts the shit out of it!
"I can't let Aiz Wallenstein save me again." That's right Bell, be a man.
I like how he used the Minotaur's sword. It made him look epic.

Damn, Bell has reached Rank S for his stats. He's probably going to be Level 2 next episode.
Glad we have people like Zefyris here on MAL to explain some shit to us.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
May 22, 2015 8:03 PM

Jan 2014
BEST EPISODE YET anybody who thinks otherwise, is just stupid as hell
May 22, 2015 8:14 PM
Jun 2013
man, anyone remember when Kirito ripped out his
back in SAO? exactly same caliber of woahh!!!
May 22, 2015 8:21 PM

Nov 2009
Excellent episode. Had to rewatch the minotaur fight twice cause I couldn't get enough of it.
Definitely one of my fav fights ever.
May 22, 2015 8:21 PM

Apr 2014
Goosebumps! He got his redemption!
[quote=Tigersight]
Edit: Higher quality version for people with good internet:

Thanks for the gif!!
---------My Profile------------
May 22, 2015 8:29 PM

Apr 2013
Epic fight like everyone else said already it reminded me of Kirito not that that is bad thing.
May 22, 2015 8:32 PM

Jul 2013
Best episode yet! That fight was epic.
May 22, 2015 8:53 PM

Nov 2007
Insanely good fighting sequence. Bataru Shounen-rashi. It was about time Bell stopped being a total wimp and showed everyone he is Chou-S-Class. :P
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 22, 2015 9:04 PM

Oct 2013
that fight was awesome loved how bell just stood up to the Minotaur and not letting Aiz save hime again hope we get another good fight by the end of the series.
May 22, 2015 10:07 PM
May 2013
bumped my rating of this anime up by 1 because of this episode. that was one of the most epic battles I have ever seen.
May 22, 2015 10:17 PM

Aug 2013
Best mother fucking episode yet!!! Finally Bell was able to kill a powerful monster in front of that ass hole who made fun of him.
May 22, 2015 10:28 PM

May 2012
Well then, that one of the cooler fights I've seen in a while.

Didn't see anyone hype it last episode so I'm glad I went in blind.

Pretty smart to use his own weapon against him. And damn, it's like he payed him back for injuring his arm lol

May 22, 2015 10:31 PM

Apr 2014
Holy shit Bell became a badass mofo

How can Bell walk now with such huge balls?

May 22, 2015 10:52 PM

Jan 2013
I was speechless after witnessing all that greatness. For me, this anime has been ok but this episode was awesome.
[quote=IdntHavWings]Goosebumps! He got his redemption!
Tigersight said:

Edit: Higher quality version for people with good internet:

Thanks for the gif!!
Thank you for the gif as well, that scene deserves a lot of recognition.
May 22, 2015 10:58 PM

May 2015
Zefyris said:
SkyTate said:

Were all of these mentioned in the anime? Cos I dun recall knowing about it.
And could Bell have leveled up when he soloed the silverback?

No, the silverback was a strong level 1 monster, not a level 2, and he had the stats to fight it too, after his stats were updated.
That wasn't mentionned in the anime for a very good reason. They are rushing everything, and when I'm saying rush, the rush is quite crazy here. They reduced a 300 pages long LN into 2 episodes with one episode almost entirely dedicated to a single fight to boot. Which means that all the info we got were reduced into one episode lol. Add that to the fact that they are giving priority to useless scenes with hestia, choosing them over important dialogues and important explanations since the very beginning of this anime, and you don't need to wonder why you didn't get the memo.

I don't think the anime even mention more than vaguely why Ottarl was training the Minotaur lolz~
BTW I think that they're at least going to explain part of what I wrote in the next episode. Well, I hope they do.

this basically sums up everything why wont they just commit on making one great series rather than making a bunch of mediocre half seasons
May 22, 2015 11:03 PM

Apr 2007
No cliffhangers, 5/5.
May 22, 2015 11:24 PM

Mar 2008
Bell was so damn awesome. He tore that minotaur up. How can this bad ass anime not have more than 13 episodes!? It better get a second season!!
May 22, 2015 11:39 PM
Jan 2013
Well done.Take that Madoka and SAO.

A motivation not born out some dumb tragic backstory.Fully Realised.

May 22, 2015 11:42 PM
Apr 2011
Zefyris said:

I'll explain it then. Ranks are about the stats you gain during that level. They rise as you kill monster and depending of what happens. If you get hit a lot, your toughness rises, if you dodge a lot, agility rise, and so on.

Just like Final Fantasy 2
May 22, 2015 11:43 PM
May 2010
Vindstot said:

I will need to inform you that your theory is a bit off.. Freya and Syr have different personalities. Freya is just a coward who hides and watches people suffer, probably has no real love interest for Bell, and only treats him as her toy. Also, Freya would be elated to overhear his conversation with the maid, since she desires strongly to enslave adventurers.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2015

363 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2015

196 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 1:42 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2015

208 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2015

282 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Apr 10, 2015

277 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 11:38 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.