Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 20, 2015 11:09 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, this episode was hot, like on fire.

A lot of fighting in the air against their archerival. It seems that every episode tries to take it further by fueling their rivalry. I wouldn't want to be any part of that firestorm lol
May 20, 2015 11:13 AM

Nov 2007
The main girl goes to that room everyday to tend the plants and to wait for that boy's return. Blue hair girl tries to comfort her but feeling inferior of not able to do anything. He's back, but looking and feeling different. OMG!!! KajiKaji as the friend of the boy!

Fragment in a shooting star? Sun as obstacle. The enemy appeared again. The two have to confront their unsolved problem between them. It's like the keyholder they kept finding when they are young. One became two? So the difference in their memories is also affected in the keyholder, too.

About that girl who can talk for that alien next.
tsubasaloverMay 20, 2015 11:20 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 20, 2015 1:36 PM
Jul 2018
This time, the fragment is in the shooting star and nice fighting in the sun.
May 20, 2015 2:00 PM

Oct 2011
Literally near the flames of the sun and doesnt burst into flames by the sheer temperature of the sun.
I understand.

Forum icon by Yandere

May 20, 2015 2:00 PM

Aug 2013
I have been waiting for this Aoi focused episode.

So there were always two worlds to begin with, which the Subaru and the Aoi we know respectively came from.
It somewhat bothered me that the two of them were able to capture a fragment alone though, since two points only form a line and not any shape.

The subplot regarding Minato-kun was solved quicker than I thought, though this just raises more questions regarding his disappearance in the last episode.
May 20, 2015 2:19 PM

Jul 2014
That Sun scenery made for some pretty impressive visuals, even if the idea behind is nothing short of ridiculous. The conflict between Subaru and Aoi kinda felt shoehorned in and didn't really add a lot or have as much of an impact as the other character focuses have done. Also, it seems like Minato is now a regular student and doesn't seem to remember about the mysterious garden, which raises some interesting questions. Even more intriguing is the fact that the caped guy appeared and disappeared into butterflies like those seen in the mysterious garden earlier on. I wonder what that signifies.
May 20, 2015 2:41 PM

Apr 2012
Minato-kun a transfer student, hell yeah.

Also I concur, pretty good visuals this episode.
May 20, 2015 4:30 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Good to see Minato again, though he's not quite the same person anymore. Wonder if he's from a parallel world just like Subaru and Aoi.

danieltortoisee said:
The conflict between Subaru and Aoi kinda felt shoehorned in and didn't really add a lot or have as much of an impact as the other character focuses have done.

Agreed, but I guess it was necessary to resolve the tension between them regarding being "left behind." It was actually handled well though.

Horned Cape Minato was epic while facing the girls, but once again failed to get a hold of the fragment. It'd be interesting to see him win once in a while too.

Decent episode. Them Shoujo Ai-vibes though.. GG Gainax!
VindstotMay 20, 2015 5:56 PM

May 20, 2015 4:33 PM

Dec 2009
such a pretty intermission picture... i want it full size~!

Their magic allows them to breathe in space and undergo unprecedented levels of acceleration (their trip to Saturn previously was already FTL). There was obviously a filter as well, as once they went out the window, the sun wasn't bright either, like Mercury was. A filtered sun always does give for nice spectacle with solar prominences and such (unfiltered that close would blind you rather quickly, assuming ur still alive).

I think it's pretty cool how casual these girls are going though this all, despite the incredible achievements they've made that far surpass what any human has done before...

The conflict between Subaru and Aoi has been there from the get-go, off and on. This seems to be a final resolution of their awkwardness, meaning positives from here on out! :D

Still, i can never get enough of this show, it's whole gentle atmosphere makes it one of my favourites this season. That said, i wish it had bgm like the short had.
GenesisAriaMay 20, 2015 4:39 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
May 20, 2015 5:16 PM

Apr 2012
I love the battle today, the sun background was beautifully done.
Plus Evil Minato is fabulous today :D
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

May 20, 2015 5:31 PM

Jun 2013
Good episode, but they are starting to get a bit repetitive
May 20, 2015 6:35 PM

Dec 2009
Well it's in the genre where it was already intending on leaning towards "problem of the week"... So we've already gotten a fair bit of development already, and we can only assume that more plot will gradually come, either the other girls, or minato, or perhaps the pleiadesians... Fortunately we haven't had any cookie cutter episodes yet. I'd enjoy this show even without much development, but i do hope to see more~
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
May 20, 2015 10:17 PM

Nov 2012
loved the focus on aoi and subaru's friendship this episode. the visuals looked great this episode.
and minato's back, yaaay~
May 21, 2015 3:38 AM

May 2009
This episode brings some more questions which I'm eager to be answered - two keychains even though Subaru made only one with her mom, and two alternative events with a small tweak of how the keychain got to each girl; Minato plays that he doesn't recognizes Subaru but at the end says that she managed again to find the key; the monologue of Aoi and Subaru about how they both were "left behind" - was there "something" or "someone" there with them or was it meant more as a metaphor?

Reading the previous comments there are people who're saying that this episode had some shoujo-ai vibes. I understand why they'll get them but throughout the series I see a wonderful portrait of a deep friendship between two girls (here I must confess that I too got some shoujo-ai vibes from trailer but nothing from the series itself).
May 21, 2015 7:43 AM

Apr 2009
"I still think that outfit looks a little strange!"

Go, go! Subaru! So he's back. Minato as a transfer student. The persistent Mitsubishi-kun is back too. Well, that didn't clear anything up... and added even more questions. I'm beginning to think that the original Minato was somehow a dream/astral projection of the real Minato... who was probably in a hospital somewhere having a dream. Yeah, maybe not.

I hope this finally settles the unfinished issues between Subaru and Aoi. Their previous personal conflict resuming was to me, unexpected in this episode. Plenty of... err, bait for the shoujo-ai fans, though for some reason I want to see more Subaru and Minato time...

Gotta love the splendid eyecatch art this anime uses. I also like the preview of the other girls excitedly spying on Subaru and her, ahem, new boy... friend...
May 21, 2015 8:04 AM

Nov 2011
Pleasant, while not showing much difference compared to previous episodes. Story that addresses the relationship between Subaru and Aoi, a bit complicated but not too much if the plot was followed from the beginning. Drawings and animations always perfect, as well as for the sets. Funny as usual protagonists.
May 24, 2015 4:43 PM

Jul 2009
Minato is back, too soon...
May 25, 2015 12:45 PM

Jun 2014
Minato seems a bit grumpier... I want nice Minato back :-(
May 25, 2015 2:39 PM

Jan 2008
So yeah... they're all from different worlds. Subaru and Aoi both had different flashbacks.
Jun 20, 2015 11:20 AM

Nov 2011
now they're all near the goddamn sun
Jul 2, 2015 12:14 PM

Sep 2013
Did the 2 minato's fuse into one?
And why is there 2 chars? parallel universes?
Jul 16, 2015 3:57 PM

May 2012
Pretty solid episode I must say, I especially liked that ending! I do wonder what will grow out of that.
Sep 6, 2015 9:17 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Well they sure defied science. Any human would be charred to not even dust if they got close to the sun. Heck these girls got up close to a solar prominence. Closest we humans can ever get to that level of extreme heat is going into the pit of the volcano.

Aoi and Subaru's struggles. Was the only one hoping they would kiss towards the very end, when they were looking at the captured fragment. Their foreheads touched, so I was already hoping Aoi would at least give Subaru a kiss on the cheek.

Nice to see Minato back. He remembered Subaru. I must say Subaru is one girl that would be great to have as a friend.

Aug 28, 2016 12:36 PM

Feb 2015
They were on sun. literally on sun. drama on the sun. fighting on the sun. and yet they are okay with the hot. not even a burnt even tho, a normal person would already be ashed in that situation.
How ? it's simple...
It's "Magic".....

well, at least it's a sun instead of a black hole.
Sep 6, 2017 11:25 PM

Dec 2012
lol It's Minato.
I had a feeling it was him passing by earlier.
Dat transformation.
Demon Lord is back.
Dat ending.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).

More topics from this board

» Subaru and Minato

Ghefira - Apr 18, 2023

2 by Yusronyusron »»
Apr 18, 2023 10:39 PM

Poll: » Houkago no Pleiades (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2015

94 by Destroyer31 »»
Apr 2, 2023 9:11 AM

Poll: » Houkago no Pleiades (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2015

65 by HaganeNoTema »»
Feb 14, 2023 5:53 PM

Poll: » Houkago no Pleiades (TV) Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 27, 2015

28 by jakewil85 »»
Apr 22, 2019 2:05 PM

Poll: » Houkago no Pleiades (TV) Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2015

44 by Wary_Wolf »»
Nov 13, 2018 1:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.