Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Heroic Legend of Arslan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 12, 2016 6:09 AM

May 2012
That's a first for me that I see the Universal Studio intro in an anime!

Pretty decent episode, let's see what's next!
Jan 26, 2016 12:05 AM

Jun 2011
rayeine said:
DMind said:
Wait, so the Lusitanians who believe that all men are equal are being ruled by a king...alright, while of course there would be some form of a leader you would think following a monarchy kinda contradicts with their beliefs (well not like they really care as shown that the slaves still haven't been freed and the Lusitanian soldiers are abusing their power).
Lusitanians are huge hypocrites. You'll see it later with how they treat the slaves.
Pretty much what I was thinking the entire episode. This is why I hate brainless cult gang. It's the type to twist the word of their God to abide their will, giving excuse to their own desire.

As Eustass "Captain" Kidd put it,
World Nobles... Slaves... Human shops... Against the "purity" of these "upper classes", the villains of the world look positively humane in comparison. It's because the world's in the hands of scum like them that it's all screwed to hell... I mean, we're not the nicest of guys, but at least we're honest about it.

Compared to the "righteous" greed of the rulers, the criminals of the world seem much more honorable. When scum rules the world, only more scum is born.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 12, 2016 6:18 PM

Mar 2010
A cruel but still a good idea to burn down towns to make arslan make a move.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 24, 2016 6:32 AM

Jul 2013
Falangies finally showed up and now this bastard Gieve is bugging her. Fuck this. If Arslan will not have a love-interest then I'd rather not see any hint of romance in this show. Besides romance might just get in the way. Fuck off Gieve :/

Kharlan is a heartless traitor after all. I don't care what reasons he has for betraying his country. I want that fucker dead.
May 24, 2016 6:23 PM

Dec 2015
Man Lord Kharlan is such a scumbag. Can not wait for him to get axed. Good show so far! Really enjoying this.

Edit: Fixed name
Oct 28, 2016 12:24 AM

Mar 2012
Hot dam Falangies is sexy. Gieve's trying real hard but getting nowhere lol

I love how the slaves are still not free, what the hell did they expect.
Jan 21, 2017 1:09 PM

Oct 2015
well that king doesn't seem too responsible...
Jan 24, 2017 9:00 AM

Dec 2012
King wants to bang the milf queen.

Elam playing trap.

Gieve chasing after that pussy...cat.

Hot character appears.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Mar 15, 2017 1:35 PM
Aug 2014
Why is Farangis barely wearing any clothes?

Lusitania has a king and they haven't freed the slaves; why does that not surprise me at all.

So the boy that abducted the prince in episode one is a girl?
Jun 27, 2017 4:33 PM

Aug 2013
What a useless king the Lusitanians have. The Lusitanians consider themselves righteous and yet committing all these crimes. The hypocrisy.

Etoile is back and Elam has skills.

Gieve x Farangis

Jan 3, 2018 5:31 AM

May 2015
look at those boobs,
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 2, 2018 11:39 PM

Apr 2011
I thought the queen would escape but probably decided to stay. Or probably knew she's unable to escape. But man, the Lusitanian king is...bad and even stupid to make a queen out of Tahamine. She's better off being a slave. But if she becomes their queen, the kingdom of Lusitania would fall much quicker.

The priestess finally appears and she's a beauty. More beautiful than Tahamine but younger. And gieves follows her. Such a playboy.

I want to see Kharlan die. Not just because he betrayed his own country, but attacking an innocent and peaceful village.
Mar 27, 2020 8:51 PM

Jul 2016
Lorezhno said:
Why is Farangis barely wearing any clothes?

Lusitania has a king and they haven't freed the slaves; why does that not surprise me at all.

So the boy that abducted the prince in episode one is a girl?

Is he? Did I miss that part?
Feb 21, 2022 10:03 AM
Nov 2020
diooooo not again
May 22, 2023 2:07 PM

Dec 2020
Gieve such a little weasel boy.
Farangis coming in hot with the vampirella outfit lol

Looks like the masked people are not with the lustians
Feb 9, 1:07 PM

Feb 2012
I think the Innocentis VII is inspired by popes and Roman emperors. Some Lusitanians are extremely dogmatic, others work for their interests. In particular the King eyes Queen Tahamine as his next consort instead of executing her as a heathen, and the many Lusitanian soldiers just abuse their power to force citizens to give away their supplies. One tries to coerce Elam, acting as a spy in disguise as a woman.
And of course, their guest commander Silver Mask throws a comment that the Lusitanians are barbarians. I think he could be from Maryam; against Lusitania for conquering his home but also against Pars for failing his nation as an ally.
The slave Étoile who met Arslan prologue has grown up and returns to Pars as a soldier, hoping to see their fellow slaves who weren't so lucky three years prior. They recognise the performers with their exotic animals but they have no answer. Étoile saw their comrade harassing Elam and follows them through an alley, but Elam can fend for himself. In the backstreets, a crowd of slaves ask for the freedom the Lusitanians had promised them; they opened the gates during the siege and killed their own masters yet the King and army have not fulfilled their promise; they were just tools of conquest for the Lusitanians.
Travelling musician Gieve crosses paths with the beautiful Fanrangis of Kuzhestan (a present-day province of Iran bordering Iraq). She is a priestess of the Mithra and is also a master of archery. She can even do the Parthian shot.
Fortress_MaximusFeb 10, 8:29 AM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2015

102 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Mar 4, 5:03 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2015

84 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Mar 1, 3:00 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2015

118 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Feb 24, 9:28 AM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2015

109 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Feb 11, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 10, 2015

121 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Jan 16, 3:02 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.