Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
who should souma end up with ?
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Sep 15, 2015 8:27 PM

Aug 2012
iSheep said:
Erina's too much of a narcissist and I don't think Nikumi is a good match, so that leaves Megumi by default.

Does not. Its Erina everything I've seen and know supports that as the only choice
Sep 15, 2015 9:51 PM

Mar 2015
Souma x Food.
Sep 16, 2015 1:32 AM

Feb 2009
Am I the only one that think Souma and Erina are either Half or Full Brother and Sister and just don't know it?
Souma's Dad and Erina obviously have a pretty serious past and she seems to think back on him very fondly like maybe a father figure, would explain why she always freaks out when she sees glimpses of him.
Souma and Erina even act like siblings to each other.

Besides all that if Souma has to end up with someone I think it would be sad if Megumi and Souma didn't end up together, Megumi is probably the most admirable female in the show, has the most character development, has the nicest personality and it would not surprise me if she ends up as the best second to Souma at cooking in the end the way she is going.

Sorry to all you Pro Erina guys out there.
Sep 16, 2015 1:35 AM

Apr 2013
DragonFlame said:
Am I the only one that think Souma and Erina are either Half or Full Brother and Sister and just don't know it?

It's unlikely.

animeruler1 said:
Does not. Its Erina everything I've seen and know supports that as the only choice

BRB, gonna go kill the author.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Sep 16, 2015 5:10 AM

Aug 2015
You should read the manga , your first hypothesis is now not possible. It's just so ... so unreal for the author to make them bro-sis without their knowledge.

Moreover if it's with this manga 😀
"Slowly but surely."-Me

Hey Pals Let's Be Unique!
Sep 16, 2015 12:40 PM

Apr 2013
Mephisto62 said:
You should read the manga , your first hypothesis is now not possible. It's just so ... so unreal for the author to make them bro-sis without their knowledge.

I'll just go kill the author so he doesn't end up with Erina. How does that sound?
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Sep 16, 2015 12:45 PM

Aug 2015
Then you won't be alone 😊 anyway, we just have to wait for 2 chapters to see Erina all dere for/with Soma.
"Slowly but surely."-Me

Sep 16, 2015 12:48 PM

Apr 2013
Mephisto62 said:
Then you won't be alone 😊 anyway, we just have to wait for 2 chapters to see Erina all dere for/with Soma.

Looks like I didn't make it in time. Queue Darth Vader at the end of Episode 3!
Sep 16, 2015 1:30 PM

Jul 2014
DragonFlame said:

Erina's background was partially established. She is from a prestigious family (and that director dude is her grandfather) and it's unlikely that Jouichiro is her dad (unless through some contrived plot element).
Sep 17, 2015 11:11 AM

Aug 2014
Anyone but Megumi, even Erina's acceptable. I seriously doubt it'll be Megumi anyway, mostly because of the small parallel between Jouichiro/Jun and Souma/Megumi. Doubt this would even phase the hardcore shippers, however.

I've also never seen an MC that doesn't show absolutely any interest in anyone, not even a blush at any time. It's kinda weird, but also refreshing.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Sep 19, 2015 9:47 AM
Aug 2015
Maledict said:
I've also never seen an MC that doesn't show absolutely any interest in anyone, not even a blush at any time. It's kinda weird, but also refreshing.

I have, the Chaste Hero isn't that uncommon of a trope. Especially in Shounens that tend not to focus on romance like battle Shounens. (Think Luffy from OP, or Natsu from Fairy Tail. Just completely and utterly oblivious to this whole romance thing.)

That being said, that doesn't stop Souma from unintentionally flirting with girls like how his reasoning for wanting to call Ikumi 'Nikumi' was simply because it looked cuter written that way. lol.

Of course that does beg the question of what, if anything, could get Souma to start taking notice of girls 'in that way'? Has he just not met the right girl yet? Is he the type that has to have a strong existing bond with someone before romantic feelings can develop?

Who knows, we certainly won't see it happen on screen unless it becomes important to the plot, somehow.
Sep 19, 2015 5:39 PM

Apr 2012
mc always gets the tsundere, so its erina. megumi will get friendzoned fo'sure.
Sep 22, 2015 4:22 AM

May 2010
iSheep said:
Mephisto62 said:

I'll just go kill the author so he doesn't end up with Erina. How does that sound?

Sound very immature and plain irresponsible. The readers have the right to feel sad if something doesn't go their way, but threatening the author? The author who wrote and drew the amazing story you are reading/ watching? Yup, you don't deserve to be considered a fan.
Sep 22, 2015 5:49 AM

Aug 2015
TragicRomance said:
iSheep said:

Sound very immature and plain irresponsible. The readers have the right to feel sad if something doesn't go their way, but threatening the author? The author who wrote and drew the amazing story you are reading/ watching? Yup, you don't deserve to be considered a fan.

Hey hey , you shouldn't take it seriously , don't you know that it could probably be ironic ? I don't want to "criticize" you about this , but I just write that you should a least be careful about how you can interpret comments.

That's all I have to write about this , now we should return back on the main subject.

The story can follow many developments , but there'll be always a final END. That is to write for me : Soma ending with Erina. Even though some of you can't consider Erina running Soma's shop with him , I don't really either. BUT , I do want and believe that Soma will end with Erina in some way or another.
"Slowly but surely."-Me

Sep 22, 2015 6:19 AM

Apr 2013
TragicRomance said:
iSheep said:

Quick someone call the cops on me. Someone took me way too fucking seriously.
Sep 26, 2015 10:22 AM

Dec 2013
Why not a harem route?
Megumi as wife.
Erina as girlfriend.
Nikumi as mistress.
Sep 26, 2015 11:16 AM

Nov 2013
Why not a Harem?
Sep 26, 2015 11:41 AM
Aug 2015
Luciferio said:
Why not a harem route?
Megumi as wife.
Erina as girlfriend.
Nikumi as mistress.

With Mayumi as other girlfriend/mistress? lol. I do like the harem route.
Sep 26, 2015 12:44 PM

Aug 2015
Thank God the author has not even hinted any harem-end shit.

Don't forget this is a romance series.
Anime was a mistake. Heil Manga.
Sep 26, 2015 1:26 PM

Jan 2014
Ever since I picked up the first volume of the series, I always rooted for Erina and Souma to be together. Though Megumi is cool I guess, I find her pretty much the Hinata of the series. Nonetheless, I still personally prefer Erina
From the very beginning, I'm never someone who tells others to do what they don't want to do, but I'm purely against ideological policies like affirmative action and so on that forces people to deny biological practicality.
Sep 26, 2015 1:30 PM

Oct 2013
none
it would be great if he liked someone else :D
Sep 27, 2015 4:22 PM

Mar 2012
Normally, I would favor the nicest girl over the tsundere girl to end up with MC nowadays. However, this will be an exception since I much prefer Erina to be the woman for Souma. Erina is one of the few tsundere character that I really like. Plus, I find Souma and Erina's interaction scenes much more enjoyable and exciting to watch.

Credit to Hihanteki
Sep 27, 2015 4:33 PM

Jun 2014
ManiTaku94 said:
Though Megumi is cool I guess, I find her pretty much the Hinata of the series.

Doesn't that mean she's gonna win?
Sep 27, 2015 6:44 PM

Mar 2012
Jerkhov said:
ManiTaku94 said:
Though Megumi is cool I guess, I find her pretty much the Hinata of the series.

Mayumi is more of a Hinata IMO, I feel like Megumi would take the chance to confess if she had the chance and not hide in the shadows.

Souma x Megumi all the way for me! Unless author makes Erina's love as genuine and true as Megumi's I'm all for the Erina route also. (not that saving damsel in distress crap)
Sep 29, 2015 7:56 PM
Apr 2015
Megumiiii, Yukihira Megumi>.< they will work together in Yukihira restaurant..
Sep 30, 2015 5:26 PM
May 2015
Erina-sama 1000%

And let me just say, she isn't a bitch. She just has her pride. Soma put her against the wall when they first met and she just couldnt accept it. However, Erina is ALWAYS there to see Somas performances, with the excuse that she's there to see him fail, but that's just her pride once again. And lately she's begining to let her guard down. She's actually helped him a couple times. That is the kind of relationship they have. He trusts her opinion, and asks her for advice. She trusts his intuition, and doesn't give him every answer, because she believes he'll find it. I like that.

I love Megumi too though, and she's so cute and supportive and nice that I would match them right away. But sadly she isn't the best match for Soma. I think only Erina can push him to keep getting better and viceversa.

And after reading that last chapter I think it'll go like this: Soma will start helping Erina deal with her father and get back to her true self. He'll probably try to challenge him to a shokugeki. She will start seeing the similitudes between Soma and his father. Soma will get to know the true Erina, how she really feels without all that pride of hers. They'll fall in love. But an open hearted love confession would be out of character for both of them, so Soma will probably dare her to try one more dish and she'll accept it's delicious. That's it. And they lived happily ever after. End of story.

That's just my theory though. I hope ot turns out that way.
QuimeraMeiOct 1, 2015 10:49 AM
Oct 1, 2015 3:48 PM

Jan 2014
Mephisto62 said:
Imeon said:
It's Erina or Erina, nothing else. IT's fate!

It's so obvious for me that I can't seriously see Soma with another girl. Not even Megumi or Alice...

True, but I'd still like to see him with Tadokoro.

Actually, I am somewhat offended by the author's guaranteed Souma x Erina ending being forced upon us, considering how little character development she's had.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Oct 1, 2015 10:04 PM

May 2010
iSheep said:
TragicRomance said:

Quick someone call the cops on me. Someone took me way too fucking seriously.

Lol now that's call dodging, but okay dude. I got it.
Oct 2, 2015 2:36 AM

Aug 2015
LaionidasTrue said:
, but I'd still like to see him with Tadokoro.

Actually, I am somewhat offended by the author's guaranteed Souma x Erina ending being forced upon us, considering how little character development she's had.

For me Megumi and Soma are just (too) good friends , and that's all , 'cause I don't see Megumi confessing to him.

For Erina , yeah , right form the start it was a obvious that they would end together. As for her development , it was slow but here with the current arc , it will accelerate and we'll have a better view of her character.

That's just form me though...
Mephisto62Oct 2, 2015 2:41 AM
"Slowly but surely."-Me

Oct 3, 2015 9:20 AM

Sep 2011
As much as I like Nikumi and Souma, the manga has been set up for Souma Erina from the start. Ever since Souma's dad dropped that speech about how he wont become a good cook until he dedicates his cooking to a woman or w/e. Not to mention that the manga is totally going in that direction with the recent chapters. Either way Nikumi or Erina are both good choices. Megumi would be the safe boring choice.
Oct 3, 2015 9:53 AM

May 2014
Erina 100%
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Oct 3, 2015 3:01 PM

Jan 2014
Shokugeki said:
Jerkhov said:

Mayumi is more of a Hinata IMO, I feel like Megumi would take the chance to confess if she had the chance and not hide in the shadows.

Souma x Megumi all the way for me! Unless author makes Erina's love as genuine and true as Megumi's I'm all for the Erina route also. (not that saving damsel in distress crap)

Can you please stop using the term "Damsel in Distress"? It's really annoying.. But aside from that, I respect your opinion! We just have different shipping preferences!
ManiTaku94Oct 3, 2015 3:10 PM
From the very beginning, I'm never someone who tells others to do what they don't want to do, but I'm purely against ideological policies like affirmative action and so on that forces people to deny biological practicality.
Oct 3, 2015 9:00 PM
Oct 2015
Megumi all the way!!!
Oct 19, 2015 2:03 PM
Oct 2015
IAmTheObserver said:
Erina-sama 1000%

And let me just say, she isn't a bitch. She just has her pride. Soma put her against the wall when they first met and she just couldnt accept it. However, Erina is ALWAYS there to see Somas performances, with the excuse that she's there to see him fail, but that's just her pride once again. And lately she's begining to let her guard down. She's actually helped him a couple times. That is the kind of relationship they have. He trusts her opinion, and asks her for advice. She trusts his intuition, and doesn't give him every answer, because she believes he'll find it. I like that.

I love Megumi too though, and she's so cute and supportive and nice that I would match them right away. But sadly she isn't the best match for Soma. I think only Erina can push him to keep getting better and viceversa.

And after reading that last chapter I think it'll go like this: Soma will start helping Erina deal with her father and get back to her true self. He'll probably try to challenge him to a shokugeki. She will start seeing the similitudes between Soma and his father. Soma will get to know the true Erina, how she really feels without all that pride of hers. They'll fall in love. But an open hearted love confession would be out of character for both of them, so Soma will probably dare her to try one more dish and she'll accept it's delicious. That's it. And they lived happily ever after. End of story.

I'd like that :) Erina all the way *-*
Oct 21, 2015 4:28 PM

May 2009
Akapilka said:
Thank God the author has not even hinted any harem-end shit.

Don't forget this isn't a romance series.

Fixed
Oct 23, 2015 8:44 AM

Apr 2014
Erina FTW!
Oct 23, 2015 3:04 PM

Mar 2012
ManiTaku94 said:
Shokugeki said:

Can you please stop using the term "Damsel in Distress"? It's really annoying.. But aside from that, I respect your opinion! We just have different shipping preferences!

I'll stop when the author stops making Erina some fragile piece of glass. The current arc makes her seem useless, like she can't handle herself at all. At her most weakest point, she's supposed to fall for Souma for saving her? No thanks, not true love nor is it genuine. I hope the author doesn't take this route.
CEOAmaterasuOct 23, 2015 3:16 PM
Oct 24, 2015 7:14 AM
Jul 2015
Shokugeki said:
ManiTaku94 said:

I'll stop when the author stops making Erina some fragile piece of glass. The current arc makes her seem useless, like she can't handle herself at all. At her most weakest point, she's supposed to fall for Souma for saving her? No thanks, not true love nor is it genuine. I hope the author doesn't take this route.

Oh yeah, being helped by Souma and falling in love with him makes Erina's feelings "not true love", but Megumi's is? She had been saved by Souma for more than i can count, and only through those saves did she even begin to think about him more (where did you think that clapping your hand trick even came from?), so what makes Megumis's "love" so special? You accuse Erina of being useless yet the Megumi at the start and during the training camp isn't?
IdealsNRealityOct 24, 2015 7:29 AM
Oct 24, 2015 7:22 AM

May 2015
Megumi because Nikumi has more of a school girl crush, and because Erina is muh waifu.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Oct 29, 2015 12:05 AM

Oct 2012
Where's Hishoko?
"Signature removed"
Oct 29, 2015 12:06 AM

May 2008
Takumi is the only acceptable option tbh.
Nov 25, 2015 5:50 PM
Nov 2015
Imeon said:
Let's face it.

Souma wants to defeat Erina and be number one.
Erina wants to crush Souma coz she foodgasm over Souma's food.
Erina's granddad is interest with Souma.

Erina and Souma rivalry what fuels the plot. To win or be defeat.

Meanwhile, it ca't be Megumi. She's an easy catch. One confession from Souma and she'll jump over him. That's boring progress.

While Erina is rival that needs to be loved and owned.

BEST EXPLANATION SO FAR
Nov 25, 2015 5:59 PM
Nov 2015
Okay, i am not being biased I'm just giving my opinion, that's all. So if any of you want to pick a fight, bring it.

First of all I can see why people would ship Souma with Megumi (because she supports him in many things, they've been through a whole bunch of crap together, and that Megumi obviously likes him) and I can also see why you people would ship him and Nikumi together as well (because she's competed with him, has that kind of strong personality, and she goes blushes every time she hears Souma say her nickname) but with my opinion still in cheack I do ship Souma and Erina because they've been having a rivalry!

Sure Nikumi and him had (noticed I said had) a rivalry (well everyone is competing with each other actually) but his and Erina's rivalry goes even farther! And you know how his father had said that the secret to a good dish was to find a girl to cook for, well when he met Erina he said that'd he'd make a dish to satisfy her! And of course she's been satisfied but she won't admit it! She obviously has feelings for him but too much of a sadist to admit it!

Besides, apparently Erina and the Yukihira family goes back a bit because of the Father, oh oh oh! And Erina's grandfather has also had an interest in Souma since the day of his entrance exam.

My opinion is done~! 😊
Nov 25, 2015 6:01 PM
Nov 2015
IAmTheObserver said:
Erina-sama 1000%

I can completely see that happening
Jan 5, 2016 7:03 AM
May 2015
I just finished the Anime and about to catch up with the manga... can't wait for Season 2.
I can't forget Episode 10 plus the last episode, they both are just so sweet and refreshing after an intense foodgasm... hmm I think there are just more SoumaXMegumi moments in the anime, they are often together lol. Its actually surprising that megumi is ahead with the votes here.

for now I am for Megumi, even though I know Erina is the safest choice. I mean Erina is the main girl in the first place while Megumi is the girl who's just there *sad*. Honestly I dislike tsundere types - having a terrible past as an excuse for them to be such an unpleasant character.

Megumi balances everything about Souma. Souma's character is overwhelming and adding Erina to that relationship is op. Too much of anything is bad hahaha
Jan 5, 2016 11:34 AM
Jan 2014
It's a harem type anime. I would not be surprised if Souma will end up with nobody, or his food at best. But Nikumi is the best girl. Megumi is alright too, because she has personality and character development. The only good thing Erina has it her tongue.
Jan 10, 2016 12:05 AM
Jan 2016
Okay, for a tsundere type I do actually like Erina. She's not a terrible person and later in the manga, she even warms up to and is nice to soma. I can see the potential with having Erina and Soma together (there is so much evidence pointing to that) BUT that would be extremely easy... For a few years, I haven't been interested in many animes (besides One Piece) but this anime broke that streak! It has surprised me so many times. I haven't watched many animes with tsundere MC relationships... but I think that pairing typically happens very frequently. I'd like to see something different in this anime.

I personally like Megumi more than Erina and will admit that's why i initially shipped soma and megumi, but that's not why I ship Megumi and Soma as of now. i've had a hard time trying unsee Megumi as a potential 'best friend'. But, there is one scene that has stuck out to me. [SPOILERS] During the school festival i think during the 4th day, Megumi was working with or taking a customer's orders (using what she learned from the...4 week 'test') and Soma was in the background looking at her. I may be overthinking this...but friends don't normally look, in that fashion, at another friend. Not sure where this scene is.

Erina and soma as a pair is definitely a huge possibility, but I don't think Megumi should be cut out just yet.
Jan 28, 2016 11:33 AM
Jan 2016
Souma x Erina because Megumi is mine.
Jan 28, 2016 11:41 AM

Jul 2015
I'll revolt if Souma ends up with Erina .Anyone else is okay .
Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Jan 31, 2016 9:37 AM
Jun 2014
Isterio said:

It is already a Harem. just with the shounen stereotype lead character, where the protagonist is delusional towards the girls feelings.
No one would give a fuck about pairing if the author wouldn´t tease them purposefully.. I can already tell how this will be dealt with. 300-400 chapters where every 30-50 chapters something will get hinted about the girls while Souma doesn´t really get it. Fangirls will squeal anyway in hope of more development. 30-10 chapters before the series ends he realizes his feelings and they tease every pairing till the last chapter to make him end up with the one that makes half the fanbase rage.
[b]Meanwhile at Jump

Give me one example of a modern shounen harem not based on a visual novel where the protagonist actually gets the girl in the end. The endings are always ambiguous or otherwise anticlimactic.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2015

637 by Raymond_Bermea »»
Today, 7:58 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2015

330 by Phaeton777 »»
Apr 17, 12:59 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2015

221 by Emejotis »»
Apr 4, 8:59 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2015

186 by Duany »»
Mar 9, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Favorite op?

infinite_Shadows - Dec 31, 2023

13 by Arrow02 »»
Jan 2, 7:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.