Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 16, 2015 6:56 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mm, most of the action took place in the second half in this movie.

A decent amount of relationship building though...and it was kinda fun watching Suzaku in action. Been awhile since I've seen that. While all this is going on, we also see a bit of what countryside life is like and Julius' plans in motion. The end has me somewhat worried though but I guess it's to buildup more for the next movie.
May 16, 2015 8:47 PM

Sep 2014
One word . . .
AWESOME . . .
can't wait for the 4th OVA . . .
love the face of this mech so BA . . .
Xtrm124May 17, 2015 4:37 AM
May 17, 2015 11:35 AM

Jun 2011
It's nice to see Lelouch and the others again, but the entire first half felt kinda out of place in my opinion. It was very slice of life-ish
May 17, 2015 2:02 PM
Oct 2009
Intereo said:
It's nice to see Lelouch and the others again, but the entire first half felt kinda out of place in my opinion. It was very slice of life-ish

And yet still less out of place than the original series having entire episodes taking place at the school.

I thought it was fine. There was a mix of comedy and character development.
May 18, 2015 12:37 PM

Sep 2010
The gypsy women took a real liking to Ryo and Leila acting all klutzy was funny. xD

8/10 wish it had a bit more mecha action than that, but it looks like I have to wait a few more weeks for that.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
May 18, 2015 2:18 PM
Apr 2015
The first half felt off but we got a Leila x Akito moment so I guess I'll compromise. Is it just me or is Ayano starting to have a thing for Akito?

Pretty clever of the emperor making use of Lelouch's brain. Lelouch being all cocky is just awesome.

That ending though, well someone going bye bye.

Not much mech fights but it's nice to see Suzaku back in action.

Hopefully this movie ends with Leila and Akito happily alive and together but this is Code Geass so I'm guessing all of them will die. Well goddamn.

I'll have to rewatch this as soon as someone subs this. I can only understand a few lines and just guess most of the dialogues. Kind of an underground movie so I doubt we will get any, maybe a month or two of wait? Hopefully not that long.

May 18, 2015 9:55 PM

May 2013
I think the slice of life gypsy thing is necessary for teamwork and development character akito.

and leila akito shipping.

I realize many flaskback and set up for wrapping up story in the end.
leila has geass that cc gave, akito, well, we see how he can struggle from his brother's geass. Pill or something that his mother gave.
May 18, 2015 10:52 PM

Nov 2007
Not getting job, so the team are shopping. But the trouble comes because someone limiting them. A group of old ladies pretending to be weak and poor at first... Gypsies, huh. Seeing some unexpected sides of the characters while living peacefully with them, including Akito and Hikasa-san's character are both being Europian with Japanese blood (or just related to Japan).

It also showed some characters from main series... so... not just Lulu and the king, there are also other people with that geass power (= "curse" for the gypsies).

It also showed the true identity of Lulu-look alike character. He was really Lulu, who was mind controlled by the king as the punishment. Suzaku fighting alone against other robots. Akito's brother leading the war...

New character?! She said something about the religion. Battles next, with two great countries and about the truth about the terror that Lulu caused.
tsubasaloverMay 18, 2015 10:59 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 20, 2015 2:58 AM
Apr 2009
Just wondering, but how did you guys view it? I can't find it anywhere online. Thanks.
May 23, 2015 1:13 PM
Dec 2014
ChaosXsoul said:
Just wondering, but how did you guys view it? I can't find it anywhere online. Thanks.

Maybe at the cinema?
May 23, 2015 9:36 PM

Jan 2009
perrcel said:
ChaosXsoul said:

Maybe at the cinema?

there is a fansub out already but its not english subs
May 24, 2015 4:47 PM

Apr 2012
@Chaos
Chinese fansub...

A lot of buildup. It's been a while since Lelouch and Suzaku. There are a lot of plans going on and nothing has clicked in together... yet. Can't wait to see the next and the final installment.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
May 25, 2015 9:49 PM

Jan 2009
bunny1ov3r said:
Can't wait to see the next and the final installment.

there will be an episode 5 http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-05-02/code-geass-akito-the-exiled-anime-expanded-to-5-episodes/.87753

and i cannot resist waiting so i watched the raw

Leila has a geass too, CC give her that geass but i wonder why she does not use it though

Julius that Lelouch look a like is actually Lelouch with amnesia it seems

and another new character possibly a geass giver like CC
May 25, 2015 11:44 PM

Oct 2013
Um.... Is this a continuation Or is this an alternative version?
May 26, 2015 9:20 AM
Apr 2015
keragamming said:
Um.... Is this a continuation Or is this an alternative version?

eeer you're asking this now?

To answer your question, this happens between season 1 and 2.

Jun 2, 2015 1:23 PM

May 2013
j0x said:
bunny1ov3r said:
Can't wait to see the next and the final installment.

there will be an episode 5 http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-05-02/code-geass-akito-the-exiled-anime-expanded-to-5-episodes/.87753

and i cannot resist waiting so i watched the raw

Leila has a geass too, CC give her that geass but i wonder why she does not use it though
[spoiler]

raw is out in net. the sub eng really late.

what I heard about leila's geass is that up to her want to use or not. when she want to use it, she must have some feeling like 'I want to save him' or other lines like that.
maybe, in future she will use it to akito.
Jun 7, 2015 7:45 AM
Feb 2011
biggest plot twist: Somehow they makes it so that lelouch is alive at the end of episode 4 and starts new series.
Jun 7, 2015 1:42 PM
Jan 2013
dulguN said:
biggest plot twist: Somehow they makes it so that lelouch is alive at the end of episode 4 and starts new series.

Lelouch IS alive at the end of episode 5.... the events of the miniseries takes place before episode 1 of R2
Jun 29, 2015 7:10 AM

Oct 2014
Yay subs are out! Also Lelouch is back and the gypsy granny part was a bit out of place but the second part was good.
QuadFlatPackJun 29, 2015 10:15 AM
Jun 29, 2015 9:42 PM

May 2014
7necromancer said:
Yay subs are out! Also Lelouch is back and the gypsy granny part was a bit out of place but the second part was good.

Subs!! Is it English!!?? If so please do link us oh mighty necromancer! :3

Jun 29, 2015 11:31 PM

Oct 2014
SayoZuki said:
7necromancer said:

Subs!! Is it English!!?? If so please do link us oh mighty necromancer! :3

Yup in English it's a 1080p blu ray release by jsum and I got it from animebytes so if you don't have an account on there you won't be able to download it.
Jun 30, 2015 1:53 AM
Jul 2007
So I waited a year for basically half an episode? What a bummer. Looking forward to the next one... They should make these movies longer. After skimming through this again, I think all the slice of life stuff was kind of unnecessary. Just put in the flashback stuff and AkitoXLeila scenes and start when they get on the dropship was all that had to be done. Instead, they basically gave a filler episode of shopping and living with a bunch of gypsies. All the comedy drowns the serious tone. Second, the jazz music doesn't match the vibe of the original Geass series. Play some R2 epic music over the battle scenes, it is way better!!!!! 7/10 because the music sucks. 9/10 if the music was better.
eraltergJun 30, 2015 2:26 AM
Jun 30, 2015 6:28 AM

Sep 2012
The first half was unnecessary and boring but the 2nd half saved it.
Oh god who are you people?
Jun 30, 2015 9:24 AM
Oct 2009
I am always going to be slightly disappointed, in both this case and when it comes to different anime productions, by the attitudes some people display whenever a show takes the time to calm down and provide either characterization, humor, setting information or otherwise something different from All Action, All the Time. Calling the first half of this episode "filler"or "unncessary" seems quite shortsighted and ignores the purpose of having ups-and-downs within a story structure in my opinion. To each his or her own.

Life isn't always so serious. If it were, then I think many of us here wouldn't be able to get through our daily routines. Either way, the second half did have more action and intrigue. But it raised more questions than answers. Hard to issue any definitive judgment on how the story is going to wrap up.

As for the jazz or music in general, I think it's perfect for the material. Ichiko Mashimoto does good work.
jgomezgJun 30, 2015 10:57 AM
Jun 30, 2015 10:06 AM

Mar 2014

What he said.
Powered by yuri.
Needless to say, I finish all anime I start, no matter my initial opinion, no matter how bad it gets, I WILL FINISH IT!
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/zunderdog24
Jun 30, 2015 10:20 AM

Sep 2014
i will rewatch the other 2 movies and then this again. Because I forgot everything ._.

But this feels a bit boring. The second half was more like Code Geass. The first was absolutely unnecessary imho.

But with this beautiful ending song I just cant give a bad rating XD

edit: jeah the TL note there was amazing. Dont understand it to be honest (who is supposed to be schneizel in this scene? and what wanted TL4 to say :D )
Comander-07Jun 30, 2015 10:26 AM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 30, 2015 10:41 AM
Oct 2009
zunderdog24 said:

What he said.

Silly zunderdog24, there were no illegal moves in this episode.
Jun 30, 2015 10:43 AM

May 2010
"We have destroyed your offshore power plant in the North Sea" well the bigass TVs on the buildings still seem to work fine. Oh right generators...they dont have them for anything BUT TVs.

okay finally finished.. the last half was pretty great..especially seeing the lancelot one more time ;)

now back to 1 year waiting for next episode. 4/5
KerozinnJun 30, 2015 11:10 AM
Jun 30, 2015 10:57 AM
Oct 2009
Kerozinn said:
"We have destroyed your offshore power polan in the North Sea" well the bigass TVs on the buildings still seem to work fine. Oh right generators...they dont have them for anything BUT TVs.

To be fair, emergency generators aren't usually enough to power up everything in a capital city. Only certain services at most. Energy will be limited and, in this day and age, people are likely to turn on TV sets or attempt to use the net during such times.

The real problem is that the mass blackout was followed by a hijacking of all online and offline comunication signals, with the added threat of bombing runs coming to hit the continent.
Jun 30, 2015 11:11 AM

May 2010
jgomezg said:
Kerozinn said:
"We have destroyed your offshore power polan in the North Sea" well the bigass TVs on the buildings still seem to work fine. Oh right generators...they dont have them for anything BUT TVs.

To be fair, emergency generators aren't usually enough to power up everything in a capital city. Only certain services at most. Energy will be limited and, in this day and age, people are likely to turn on TV sets or attempt to use the net during such times.

The real problem is that the mass blackout was followed by a hijacking of all online and offline comunication signals, with the added threat of bombing runs coming to hit the continent.

its clear they didnt bother thinking about these "little" details
Jun 30, 2015 12:02 PM

Apr 2015
It's subbed now.
#CHEXIT
Jun 30, 2015 1:53 PM

Aug 2010
Dem grannies XD Esp the ass groping one so much lol
Poor Ryou XD But he actually loves them ROFL

Aya is so <3 Really loving her a lot She's cute.
Dat stripping scene :3 Dat dancing scene *A* Dat body :L

Yukiya's hacking and trolling with payback was awesome :P

CC really did give Leila a geass. Can't wait to see how she uses it.

The CG during the fights was pretty damn awesome :O

I wonder what Shaing did to Lulu?
Barion-ZaraJul 1, 2015 9:58 AM
Jun 30, 2015 4:26 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Good character development this time around for the main cast.....Really shipping Leila and Akito even more now.....Dat C2 cameo <3

My second favorite Geass character after Lulu went HAM against those knights.....He destroyed them like a fucking BOSS >//< He and "Kingsley's" exploits were great in this OVA.....I missed seeing how Lulu can shift an entire nation with just the slightest of moves :'')

Looking forward to the finale whenever it gets subbed and I hope that our main cast will make it out okay :( I hate Akito's cunt of a brother so I hope to see him die painfully.

Also I wonder what Leila's Geass does as well as what's going on with that other Geass witch
Jun 30, 2015 6:36 PM

Mar 2013
Lack of action but lots of information involving Leila past and other. I just hope 4 is not delay.
Jun 30, 2015 7:38 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Even thought I highly detest Suzaku, he was pretty badass fighting against the Order of Michael. Julius (Lelouch) was also pretty amazing at how he induced fear among the European Union with his announcement.

It appears that Leila was given a Geass when she was saved by C2. Wonder what could be the ability of it.

Smilas seems to be in a bind now. I doubt he'll be able to kill Shin, so he might get killed by that mysterious Geass girl at the end.

Alice just got Geass-ed by Shin. Poor girl.. She'll probably also die soon.

Decent buildup for the next movie. The SOL/Fanservice in the first half weren't half bad either. :3

Jun 30, 2015 8:05 PM

Apr 2012
Probably one of the weaker episodes. Definitely liked the previous 2 better. Half of the movie was fan service and partying lol. Haven't seen Suzaku in action in probably 7 years. It was a great nostalgia trip seeing him shit on a whole squadron by himself.

Jun 30, 2015 9:35 PM

Oct 2011
Lela's past is the same as Akito.

Shin taking over after he revealed Juliuas as Zero/Lelouch

Finale next time. Will Leia use her Geass?

Will Akito and Lelouch meet???
Jul 1, 2015 1:38 AM

Feb 2012
The clothes in the first half were awesome and wow CC met Leila when she was little. I wonder if CC will show up again, looking forward to MOAR.
Jul 1, 2015 3:09 AM

Jan 2011
So this episode confirmed what we all knew, Julius Kingsley is brainwashed Lelouch.

I forgot how much of a superhuman Suzaka was.

Next episode someone is gonna die, calling it now.
Jul 1, 2015 8:01 AM

Aug 2012
nice to have this subbed.
however, those scene transitions in the first half felt awkward...
@_@

someone else always have what you want, but it usually means nothing to them...
Jul 1, 2015 9:12 AM

Nov 2013

This though.

The first half felt really out of place but was fun to watch nevertheless. Lelouch and Suzaku getting more screentime on the second half was nice though. Can't wait for the fourth one.
Jul 1, 2015 9:35 AM

Oct 2010
Enjoyable movie, too bad it leaves even more questions open.

And according the preview we can expect some of the crew to die next movie ;-;
Jul 1, 2015 5:44 PM

Oct 2012
Glad its finally out, wasn't as good as the previous two but still good. The second half was much more enjoyable than the first half which I felt went on too long but whatever; time to wait for movie 4.
Jul 1, 2015 10:10 PM

Aug 2014
Just... why did Suzaku left a vulnerable Lelouch alone in a room with a very dangerous person?

Still awesome CG mecha :)
Jul 1, 2015 10:56 PM

Oct 2012
Hmm I liked it, such a shame that it's short for a movie :(

Ah Leila with Geass, what kind of Geass?
So many unknown chara xD

I'm wondering if Lelouch remembered "those" things...
Well yeah, R2 should happened right there
Maybe his father reset his memories again
"Signature removed"
Jul 2, 2015 2:10 AM

May 2013
I think this episode's greatest achievement was its humanization of Akito. There's finally more to him than the stoic mysterious drone we've had for the first two episode, whose only emotions seemed to be detached calm or unstable anger. Here we got to see him express a whole host of emotions, from fear to anger to happiness. There were other little things to that went a long way to making him feel more real and adding color to his character, like his dislike of fish. I also liked the subtle indications that he's grown to care about his teammates, enough to attempt to protect them in his own way at the very end. We received yet another great window in his damaged psyche (the scene where he ran away from the party simply because of the graphic event in his past that it brought to mind was a very effective means of communicating the extent of his trauma. I really appreciate his dynamic with Leila, who, by the way, this episode did a great job of characterizing as well. She doesn't feel as banal anymore, and her general uselessness at the most basic tasks provided some nice comedy as well as insight into her upbringing and so her character, all in one neat bundle.

Really, the whole first half of the episode, as odd as it was sometimes and as ridiculous the circumstances surrounding it were (it was obviously contrived for the sake of providing a situation through which the characters could be explored), was necessary and more than fulfilled its function of adding much-needed depth to these characters. More so, it seemed to confirm that contrary to what Akito's first episode may have suggested, this anime has no problem embracing the silly and outrageous in much the same way its parent show did (though it still attempts to combine this silliness with a surprising amount of realism, like the whole space launch last episode).

I really enjoyed JULIUS KINGSLEY this episode. Honestly, his over-the-top demeanor and Spinzaku's classic wacky kick (of course it made an appearance, where would Suzaku be without it) clash somewhat with Akito's other more grounded characters and tone in general, but they were so great I didn't mind. Some of the best scenes in this episode were the ones involving those two. A lot is communicated in very short scenes without the use of much dialogue. In this episode, like the last one, we had a scene Lelouch begging Suzaku for water, and him ignoring his desperate requests. In his own way, Suzaku is torturing Lelouch, causing him suffering when they are in private despite appearing to value his safety in public. He's generally apathetic to Lelouch's suffering; see the scene when Lelouch "Kingsley" broke down after the chess match (also, hope that this isn't the end of his tenure on Akito); Suzaku barely reacted, simply telling Shaing to leave in a detached manner. It's a chilling demonstration of the extent of Suzaku's hatred of his former best friend at this time. I actually hope they go further in showing Suzaku's devastated mental state; after all, this takes place shortly after the death of his lover and his discovery that her killer was his best friend. Of course the guy's in a bad place right now, and Lord Shaing specifically points that out.

Speaking of him, Akito's brother has become a very interesting character indeed. This episode gave us a hint of his motivations- he's lost faith in humanity and wants it destroyed- but that far from explains his end goal and the deal with what he did when he was younger. More so, who gave him his Geass? What's he doing at the end to Alice, and why is he hurting her if he actually loves her? I'm very interested to see where this all leads to. Each episode just keeps opening up more mysteries instead of resolving old ones, with the barest tantalizing hints given. I still have no idea what the ultimate point of all of this is, and until then it's very difficult to judge Akito as a whole; a fair assessment will really only be possible when it's finished and all has been explained.

Still, C.C., Suzaku, Lelouch, Charles, even a mention of Nunnaly, all in the same episode? Consider me one happy fan.
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
Jul 2, 2015 2:22 AM

May 2012
Julius Kingsley speech was so great.
Jul 2, 2015 7:16 AM

Apr 2012
I just feel confused now... What the heck is going on anymore?
Jul 2, 2015 11:24 AM

May 2014
Th last part the was the only good part. The rest was just confusing/boring. All I understand is that this takes place between R1 and R2.

The CGI still hurts my eyes.
LPGeneratorxJul 2, 2015 12:24 PM
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Jul 2, 2015 11:37 AM

Feb 2013
Meh, I liked the last third or so but the rest was just painfully boring and obnoxious
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Confused about Lelouch who ended up as Julius.

JafriZin - Jul 27, 2015

7 by Nathan_Murphy »»
Nov 15, 2023 3:46 AM

» Code Geass: Boukoku no Akito 3

Ruler632 - May 21, 2015

7 by miss_cecelia »»
Jun 27, 2015 9:01 AM

» First 10 minutes

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2015

13 by TheLastKing360 »»
May 15, 2015 6:25 PM

» Seeing this w/o seeing the first two

Regicide - May 14, 2015

1 by deg »»
May 14, 2015 3:28 AM

» Akito The Exiled taking way too long to get released???

chrisedmonds - Oct 30, 2014

17 by ParaParaJMo »»
May 9, 2015 6:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.