Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 18, 2008 3:13 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wha~, they're distancing themselves from each other. ;_;

Was a good episode though, Shana was extremely cute when she visited Yuji's mother, and also in the outfit the day after. ^_~

Looking forward to next week's episode.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Feb 18, 2008 3:18 PM

Dec 2007
Next week needs to come faster!
Have to say this show has improved so much from its extremely boring start. Now I'm actually looking forward to the next episode instead of just watching it whenever I have free time.
Feb 18, 2008 4:03 PM

Jan 2007
yay, some battles are coming up. looking forward to them.
Feb 18, 2008 6:01 PM

Nov 2007
Yuji really gets on my nerves somethimes. But it looks like the story finally is getting along.

playconn, I feel the same way you felt but it's about Bleach. = P
I didn't watch it until a few days after I downloaded it.
Feb 18, 2008 6:49 PM

Feb 2008
I quickly watched the first serries, then got up to this point. it seems that trend with most anime now is to streach as much as they can. I like the serries so far but i would like to see him get out ot off training mode. also im tired of the lovey dovey sappy drama. or maybe alteast speed that up and get to the slashing and blowing things up :)
Feb 18, 2008 7:51 PM

Oct 2007
playconn said:
Next week needs to come faster!

Really a great episode, Yuji getting better and better :p
He is all equipped and ready for a fight...

I noticed that Shana and Kasumi noticed on Yuji as well, they were acting really weird..
He wanted to go with Shana just because of his situation and nothing more...
Feb 18, 2008 8:02 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
This sequel is definitely heading towards the right direction. I hope this Yuji will stay longer. They really are planning a third season..are they?
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Feb 18, 2008 8:06 PM

Aug 2007
wakka9ca said:
They really are planning a third season..are they?

Who wants to bet it'll be announced during Zero no Tsukaima Season 3? Good episode, and finally moving in the right direction. Here's hoping the last 4th will be great.
Feb 18, 2008 10:20 PM

May 2007
kisami said:
I like the serries so far but i would like to see him get out ot off training mode. also im tired of the lovey dovey sappy drama. or maybe alteast speed that up and get to the slashing and blowing things up :)
I'm with you. I don't know how the novel is like. One may think the animation designer team are being lazy with cool blazing colorful battle scenes. The ratio of drama to suspense so far is probably 6 to 1. Thanks to that, Shana is lacking her merit as a main tsundere character. She's the type who kickass and "be cute" but not much of a dramatist.

I don't know what to say about this episode. Seems like another drag but maybe I'm just too tired of these drama. Or maybe I'm right, since that Collation Flux ojisan appeared last week, only to introducing himself to Yuji at the very end of this episode. The only major development was Yuji being serious to mastering his spell and received his Blutsauger sword from Margery.

So optimistically, next episode should be action again. Or one can only hope.
Feb 18, 2008 11:29 PM
Nov 2007
Episode was good till the end. When Kasumi and Shana go all emo 13 year old immature on us. Which seems to be all the rage when dealing with animes today.

Just when I thought the cast of Shakugan No Shana had matured... sigh..
Feb 18, 2008 11:51 PM

Feb 2008
I think this will not have a 3rd season.. I think this second season is going to 24+ episodes, unlike the first one.

There's no announced final episodes, so it must be something like 30+. I thought so.

I'm thinking like Yuji, I don't think there's something wrong with Yuji. LOL!

Why is it so?!

EDIT:
In the ANN it has til 24eps, but still. It doesn't say that it will end in 24eps or so..
Feb 18, 2008 11:56 PM

Dec 2007
Well knowing where Shana will go definitely helped me enjoy this episode a lot more

Feb 19, 2008 12:20 AM

Jul 2007
wakka9ca said:
. I hope this Yuji will stay longer.

Are u reffering to his character or to what a retards spoiled thats gonna happen on ep 12 or so ( i dont remeber well)
Well i liked this ep and Yuzi seems to become somewhat "strange" allthough i also liked him.I wanna see him fight and i hope that there gonna be a 3rd season cause i cant get anough of this series.Oh btw Tekky i didnt clicked ur 2nd spoiler button but i guees it will just confirm what that retard spoiled a phew eps ago.Damn that idiot i hate him i cant forget it damn it.Imo though u should remove it since no1 can imagine how a big spoil could it be...
PS.I didnt read it so i might say Bullshit-sorry
PS2. Thank god u r using the spoiler button dude...
CloudyFeb 19, 2008 12:23 AM
Feb 19, 2008 1:28 AM

Feb 2008
Pretty good episode. Can't wait to see the next episodes (finally some battles! =P).

@Opening post: Yeah, they made Shana look really cute when she visited Yuji's mother.
Feb 19, 2008 1:34 AM

Nov 2007
cyruz said:

Was a good episode though, Shana was extremely cute when she visited Yuji's mother, and also in the outfit the day after. ^_~

Talking about this? =D

So cute, I want to hug her =X

But as for the entire episode, I felt it was ok. I really don't like the "new" Yuuji though, I hope Shana can knock some sense into him...
Feb 19, 2008 5:03 AM

Aug 2007
It was an ok ep. Yuji was being an ass even though he thought he was right. It's not right distancing yourself and making yourself feel bad.
Shana kawaii >_<
Feb 19, 2008 5:16 AM

Sep 2007
Yeah... I kind of dislike the new Yuji and it will take a while till he will notice and understand that, till then he will have to move on on his own and will get only reactions like that from Shana, Kazumi and the rest...

Feb 19, 2008 6:26 AM

Sep 2007
Trineas said:
Yeah... I kind of dislike the new Yuji and it will take a while till he will notice and understand that, till then he will have to move on on his own and will get only reactions like that from Shana, Kazumi and the rest...

But yay for the approaching battle! :)
And i liked how Shana and Wilhelmina cared for Chigusa so much.
Feb 19, 2008 6:42 AM

Sep 2007
as they said, i also somehow disliked the new Yuji, he didn't notice it himself but he's making distance himself from everyone else... i hope that he realize that soon enough before it's too late so for now, i'm looking forward to the next episode :P

[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/_Haru&sclick=1]
Feb 19, 2008 6:53 AM

Jun 2007
[15:47] <Mathes> episodes that stop at the most exciting point have left me in despair again...

sorry Yuji, this is not shonen and you are no shonen hero.
Feb 19, 2008 7:09 AM

Oct 2007
Really good episode and we get to see a new side to Yuuji. A lot may not like the change but I thought it was pretty good, until he chased of Kazumi. But I still think Kazumi is dumb for carrying that "Hougou".

Anyways like everyone here, I'm looking forward to the next episode. I was hoping to see Yuuji go all out but judging by the preview, it seems doubtful. ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 19, 2008 10:37 AM

Aug 2007
Waahh. Next week cannot come fast enough. T_T

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Feb 19, 2008 12:14 PM

Aug 2007
What a good episode. I'm liking Yuji's resolve, even though the way he is trying to achieve it is kind of foolish. I really can't wait for the next episode, and what unfolds next.
Feb 19, 2008 3:37 PM

Apr 2007
The only major development was Yuji being serious to mastering his spell and received his Blutsauger sword from Margery.

I wonder if that was all. I was thinking if Yuji's mom getting ill had any connection to his power. She felt fatigued right after Yuji used his most power ability so far and then the next morning he felt like something wasn't right inside of him. I wonder if there is any connection there.

Other than that, its like Margery said, he needs to cool down.
Feb 19, 2008 5:55 PM
Aug 2007
Anybody else think that maybe what Margery Daw said was true? Maybe Yuji's being possessed or something. :o

I'm always wrong, so I doubt it. But meh. xD
Feb 19, 2008 7:04 PM

Sep 2007
Xjellocross said:
Talking about this? =D

So cute, I want to hug her =X

SO CUTE.

I don't mind new Yuji too much. I'm just hoping they'll get to the battles soon. Oh and I hope there's nothing seriously wrong with Chigusa and that it was just a cold.
Feb 19, 2008 7:08 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Vince said:
Anybody else think that maybe what Margery Daw said was true? Maybe Yuji's being possessed or something. :o

I'm always wrong, so I doubt it. But meh. xD

You should be careful there... read spoiler tags in previous topics/episode discussions to find out why.....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Feb 19, 2008 9:50 PM

Nov 2007
well though Shana is more action-oriented than romance/relationship stuff but
I just wish all this complicated relations ever since Season 1 would work out somehow FAST.

yuuji is becoming such a bakayarou...
i think he's even worse than Hayate in terms of "figuring out what others are thinking". :P

kimatg on | blog | pixiv | deviantART
Feb 20, 2008 3:05 AM

Dec 2007
After this one i really think Yoshida might die using that cross-thingy. Would be nice i a way, but don't know what would happen to the story then :/

New Yuji suck. Just wanna punch him.

kimatg said:
well though Shana is more action-oriented than romance/relationship stuff

Isn't it the other way around? o.o
Feb 20, 2008 5:23 AM

Oct 2007
Good episode ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 20, 2008 4:39 PM

Aug 2007
Shana was so cute when she was talking to Chigusa. Yuuji is failing again
Feb 21, 2008 4:02 AM

Nov 2007
Looking good. ^^

Also loved the part where Shana was all worried about Chigusa.
Feb 22, 2008 4:09 PM

Jun 2007
hmm.... a good episode even without the action element

yuuji's change was not bad nor good... i guess i liked the old one better, even if the old one was completely disoriented towards girls.
at least, i want a yuuji fighting scene now that he can use his powers more. him fighting the new guy (can't get myself to know his name..)
also, the drama is getting bigger and bigger... i don't mind it, but when the whole episode (or most of it) if all drama, it gets pretty annoying, specially in a supposedly "action" show. since i AM expecting action.

shana was indeed cute when she went to see chigusa... i think yuuji felt a little apart from them, seeing that shana was somehow happy (happier?) when she was with chigusa than when she was with yuuji...

also... looks like the dramatic point of the series came... everybody is apart, and now each faces problems... if that build up doesn't end up in a good action episode, i will kill a kitten (or something cute...)
OP totally grew on me...

besides my rant... everything looked good.
Feb 23, 2008 9:09 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Richard_Omega said:

also... looks like the dramatic point of the series came... everybody is apart, and now each faces problems... if that build up doesn't end up in a good action episode, i will kill a kitten (or something cute...)
OP totally grew on me...

Exactly, I hope there are no more episodes wasted... The current ones are still reasonable but I hope it doesn't get too stretched. Have you had the impression that this is stretched a bit....They are desperate to keep the big part of the current novel story arc in the third season, aren't they?? That's why they made this stretched 2nd season....

But it looks like episode 19 is beyond my expectations......now I really don't know what the producers are thinking.... How is the second season going to end???? Yuji badass?

AND YES! THE OP REALLY GREW ON ME TOO >_<
bla bla bla
Niko-kun said:
Feb 24, 2008 3:43 AM

Jan 2008
kisami said:
I quickly watched the first serries, then got up to this point. it seems that trend with most anime now is to streach as much as they can. I like the serries so far but i would like to see him get out ot off training mode. also im tired of the lovey dovey sappy drama. or maybe alteast speed that up and get to the slashing and blowing things up :)

I did exactly the same as you, and i agree...pretty much from the ep 3 or so onwards, it's the lovey drama scenes drag on and on till just recently...i was dissapointed with this second series since i loved the first one. I also too, agree with with people that Yuji has distance himself from everyone...i sometimes think he is really dumb or just really thick in the head for not understanding why Shana (and others) got pissed at him, especially when Konoe was around.
Anyway things are really picking up now, which is good :D
Feb 24, 2008 5:35 AM

Jun 2007
wakka9ca said:
Richard_Omega said:

OP totally grew on me...

Exactly, I hope there are no more episodes wasted... The current ones are still reasonable but I hope it doesn't get too stretched. Have you had the impression that this is stretched a bit....They are desperate to keep the big part of the current novel story arc in the third season, aren't they?? That's why they made this stretched 2nd season....

But it looks like episode 19 is beyond my expectations......now I really don't know what the producers are thinking.... How is the second season going to end???? Yuji badass?

AND YES! THE OP REALLY GREW ON ME TOO >_<

just for the record... i have not readed the novels...
Feb 25, 2008 1:34 PM
Oct 2007
So Zarovee showed up XD
Feb 26, 2008 5:43 AM

Dec 2007
Is Shana second too stretched? Personally i don't think so. One of the reasons i love is that it's not just mindless fighting, but bulidup and a love... tetragon. Never read the novels though so i can't tell if it's actually stretched out without me noticing, but i've liked most episodes so far. Except the one with Ike -.-

And srsly, isn't the love story the main thing in Shana? More main than fighting that is.
Jul 21, 2008 11:57 PM

Apr 2008
good ep, l i wanna see Yuji throwdown!

Oct 15, 2008 9:09 PM

May 2008
nooooo so depressing!!!

Itll turn out all right Itll turn out all right Itll turn out all right Itll turn out all right Itll turn out all right PLEASE yes it will
Apr 17, 2009 6:47 PM

Aug 2008
Is it always sunny in Japan?^^

idk, but i think Yuji doesn't do something wrong. By distancing himself, he just wants to protect his friends. What would you do, if you were him?
Jul 19, 2009 1:04 AM

Dec 2008
Next episode is going to be great. (hopefully)
Aug 7, 2009 8:40 AM

Dec 2008
those guys at the end looked awfully suspicious.
something's up. >.>
Oct 26, 2009 4:10 AM

Apr 2009
Is Yuji PMSing or something?
if we die we'll meet again in valhalla...
Jan 20, 2010 8:17 PM

Nov 2009
This episode and the lasst made me sad, the whole theme of distancing yourself..like with tanaka and yuji. I hate it when you distance yourself from people without realising it..
Mar 5, 2010 1:07 PM

Jan 2009
I think Chigusa might be pregnant :)

Aug 28, 2010 10:34 AM

May 2010
You know what, I think Yuji is completely on the right track. He's realized the situation, and he's taking action on it. He's certainly over-compensated a little bit, first he payed too little attention to others, and now he's paying too little attention to himself. But still, he's found resolve, he's broken the love triangle, he's gotten stronger... what's there to complain about?
“Money can't buy dere”
Oct 10, 2010 3:16 PM

Feb 2010
what kind of freshman are they holy shit
Nov 12, 2010 5:02 AM

Sep 2008
I haven't really noticed this before now, but... this series definitely feels like it needs more Shana. Less Yoshida, a bit.

I hope both Shana and Yoshida saying stuff like that to him will bring him to his senses... although it looks like it didn't have any effect, sine afterwards he was all "blahblah why did they say that? I'm just being realistic blahblah" or whatever he was going on about before the Tomogara appeared. His attitude's totally opening a rift between him and everyone else. :| And it's sad how they don't eat lunch together as a little group anymore! Just goes to show how distanced they all are from each other... (By regular group, I mean Ike, Yoshida, Tanaka, Ogata, Keisaku, Yuuji, and Shana...)

It was so nice to see Wilhemina and Shana's genuine concern for Chigusa. I can see why Yoshida may have felt like she was using it as an excuse - she didn't really think about how Chigusa was doing, but more about how Yuuji was doing, while Shana immediately thought of Chigusa (pretty selfless of her).
Jan 8, 2012 6:07 PM

Mar 2011
Get well, Chigusa!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 10 Discussion

cyruz - Dec 11, 2007

49 by almightybismarck »»
Apr 12, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Tenshin - Dec 2, 2007

79 by almightybismarck »»
Mar 28, 8:27 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Cloudy - Nov 23, 2007

69 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Jan 19, 10:09 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sobzob - Nov 24, 2007

61 by almightybismarck »»
Oct 18, 2023 9:25 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Nov 10, 2007

63 by almightybismarck »»
Sep 27, 2023 11:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.