Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
May 27, 2015 9:12 AM

Jun 2014
Jessica said:
damastah said:
Well I already posted some of mine on the 1st page, but here's some I cooked/made today:

Sashimi on rice, 1 california maki piece, 1 crazy maki piece, fresh sashimi cutlets, tonkatsu strips, vegetable tempura, and an ebi tempura. And my own sauce.

My version of what Olwen posted a page back, Malted Vanilla Ice Cream.

you're making me really jealous right now ><

Cooking Japanese food is fun~
May 27, 2015 9:14 AM

Oct 2011
The color's off. Malted vanilla ice cream is supposed to be very light brown not yellow. Maybe you didn't have malted milk powder?

Did you use Steve Herrell's recipe?
May 27, 2015 9:19 AM

Jun 2014
Olwen said:
The color's off. Malted vanilla ice cream is supposed to be very light brown not yellow. Maybe you didn't have malted milk powder?

I just google'd a random recipe xD

Also yeah I didn't use malted milk powder and opted for some soy-based replacement.
May 27, 2015 9:21 AM

Aug 2010
No.

"One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss. And the one who inherits the title of Boss will face an existence of endless battle."

May 27, 2015 9:24 AM

Oct 2011
damastah said:
Olwen said:

Also yeah I didn't use malted milk powder and opted for some soy-based replacement.

Noob, that's like calling chocolate ice cream coffee ice cream!!!!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/malted-vanilla-ice-cream-recipe.html

Here's the recipe.
May 27, 2015 9:27 AM
Dec 2010
Olwen said:
damastah said:

Here's the recipe.
Damn, you're one of those that has to follow a recipe picture-perfect, aren't you? Recipes are meant to be experimented with, just use your creativity and if it tastes good, all is good.
May 27, 2015 9:27 AM

Jun 2014
Olwen said:
damastah said:

Here's the recipe.

xD

Anyway if you're wondering why it's yellow, I added a few slices of some banana to a mixture.

Plus it has very minimal amount of skim milk powder(has malt) so technically it's still malt ice cream. xD

Lol I might do that recipe tomorrow or the other day since my current batch, I made too many lol.
May 27, 2015 9:29 AM

Jun 2014
I remember eating rice crackers on an flight once but that is all I've done to associate myself with Japanese cooking.
All credit goes to Sacred.
May 27, 2015 9:29 AM

Oct 2011
Stalker-tan said:
Olwen said:

Here's the recipe.
Damn, you're one of those that has to follow a recipe picture-perfect, aren't you? Recipes are meant to be experimented with, just use your creativity and if it tastes good, all is good.

When you make coffee ice cream and call it chocolate ice cream, that's not a mere case of "following a recipe picture-perfect" LOL.
May 27, 2015 9:33 AM

Jun 2014
Olwen said:
When you make coffee ice cream and call it chocolate ice cream, that's not a mere case of "following a recipe picture-perfect" LOL.

B-b-but like I said above the mixture does have some form of malt in it...

Well tbf I said "my version" lol
May 27, 2015 9:34 AM

Oct 2010
Stalker-tan said:

I don't think following Steve Herrell's recipe is bad since he is the inventor of that flavor. He's also one of the big names in the ice cream making industry and history. Ben and Jerry's learned how to make ice cream from him too.

I've been to the Herrell's ice cream shop a few times, and I have to say that it makes all other ice cream look like a disgrace. It's just so much better and creamier than other ice creams...and the texture. Oh god.
May 27, 2015 9:34 AM

Oct 2011
damastah said:
Olwen said:

Good, next time use malted milk powder you goddamn noob.
May 27, 2015 9:35 AM

Jun 2014
Olwen said:
Stalker-tan said:

Don't Japan have like fried chicken and horse flavoured ice cream?
All credit goes to Sacred.
May 27, 2015 9:37 AM

Oct 2011
Yes, even seafood flavored ice cream.

I want to make mustard ice cream personally.
May 27, 2015 9:41 AM

Oct 2010
They also have green tea chocolate cookie Haagen Daz.
All of my jelly.

I want to go to Japan just so I can buy a pint of that and a bag of green tea Kit Kats to try (well, I would also like to see Kyoto, but I would skip Kyoto to make a snack run if I had to).
May 27, 2015 9:45 AM

Jun 2014
Olwen said:
damastah said:

Good, next time use malted milk powder you goddamn noob.

I wasn't even that focused on making the ice cream at the time coz y'know, THE MAIN PLATTER you goddamn dessert maniac.

I just thought since I had the materials, I'd do some as a nice dessert. xD
May 27, 2015 10:27 AM

Oct 2010
They took away our ice cream thread.
We can't have nice things. :(
May 27, 2015 10:30 AM

Jun 2014
Cersei said:
They took away our ice cream thread.
We can't have nice things. :(

Well I hope Barcode-san didn't get a ban like me for the pizza thread...
May 27, 2015 10:43 AM

Nov 2010
I made Daifuku once. It was too sweet for my taste so I never tried again.
May 27, 2015 11:29 AM

Aug 2014
Bento boxes and sushi making is easy peasy.
May 27, 2015 11:31 AM

May 2015
Well.. yeah, sushi as well, but it was awful, so I just order sushi when feeling like eating some.
May 27, 2015 3:05 PM
Dec 2010
Olwen said:
Stalker-tan said:

Who's doing that? All he did was use ingredients he had at hand... You're really good at taking things to heart, and personally.
May 27, 2015 7:42 PM

Jun 2014
Stalker-tan said:
Olwen said:

Who's doing that? All he did was use ingredients he had at hand... You're really good at taking things to heart, and personally.

Just let him be, some people just get too intense with perfection so I don't mind.
May 27, 2015 7:59 PM

Jan 2015
Tonkatsu lol.
Nov 3, 2016 9:55 PM

May 2015
Japanese Curry,
I over boiled vegetables.
I'm disappointed.
Nov 3, 2016 10:01 PM
Jul 2018
i don't like attempting cooking in general, the complexities of japanese cooking are pretty much lost to me beyond cooking ramen and prepping some veggies and meat to toss into it
Nov 3, 2016 11:14 PM

Jul 2016
Yes, I did I tried to cook the tamagoyaki, karaage and omelet rice and it tasted good I would love to cook ramen but it has a lot of job to do that so I just eat in ramen restaurants.
Nov 4, 2016 12:29 AM

Aug 2013
Im a simple person I just wanted to try those little hotdogs they make into octopus shapes you see in anime
Nov 4, 2016 2:46 AM

Jun 2009
i've made sushi a few times and it was delicious tbh

i'd try to cook more but you can't find half of the japanese ingredients here ugh
Nov 4, 2016 2:51 AM

Apr 2013
Yes, last week I made Omuraisu. While it looked nowhere as it was supposed to look, it was still yummy.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» what is "love" to you ? what makes you feel loved and how you love people ?

ame - 3 hours ago

5 by Kamikaze_404 »»
3 minutes ago

» How do you know other people actually exist?

purple_rayn - 8 hours ago

5 by Spunkert »»
16 minutes ago

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - 2 hours ago

6 by PostMahouShoujo »»
29 minutes ago

» Is English your native language? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

54 by Meusnier »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Would you be a good partner? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

52 by Meusnier »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.