Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 15, 2015 3:46 PM

Feb 2014
I had such a bad meat craving after this episode but I'm too poor to buy meat ; n ;

Aug 2014
Souma-kun made it! He won Ikumi-san on her own game with meat... That's very amazing! ^.^
But now I'm feeling to bad about Ikumi making part of Don Society but without Souma... I really thought he was really stay there for a long time.
Maloween 2017
Main Candies

Apr 2015
Kitoge said:
Look I'm sure the A5 meat was out-of-this-world good, but the cheap meat along with the other ingredients created one harmony which makes the eater want more while the A5 rice did not mix with the garlic rice. I'm obviously sure that the A5 alone would have beaten the cheap meat. It annoys me to see people complain when in reality, the outcome made complete sense.

The food they're suppose to make is where every part of the don is complimented. Nikumi was so focus on the quality of meat than the food as whole. Souma in the other hand values the importance of every part of the don, which is the toppings and the rice. Nikumi failed to do the same.
#CHEXIT
May 15, 2015 3:47 PM

Jun 2014
I want Nikumi to beat my Mito
May 15, 2015 3:48 PM

Mar 2012
Whew, thank god I actually ate before watching this episode. Nikumi cooking her A5 meat looked hella delicious.

And Souma is master troll. xD Buying cheap meat at half price and simply not joining the Dons at the end was just hilarious.

Aldini bros next episode! :O
May 15, 2015 3:50 PM

Feb 2015
zat-bust said:
I still can't believe they have to use their own ingredients, that defeats the whole purpose of a fair competition or how the judges are also biased when it comes to the ingredients, even mocking Souma before they taste his food.

I never understood that either but Yukimura kicked ass ofc.
May 15, 2015 3:59 PM
Oct 2010
rayeine said:
zat-bust said:
I still can't believe they have to use their own ingredients, that defeats the whole purpose of a fair competition or how the judges are also biased when it comes to the ingredients, even mocking Souma before they taste his food.
I never understood that either but Yukimura kicked ass ofc.
It's fairly common in anime food competitions... I guess it makes it more "exciting" when the one with cheap ingredients win (which almost always happens if it's the MC)
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
May 15, 2015 4:04 PM

Feb 2015
Great episode! It seems like they toned down the foodgasms compared to the first episodes, I don't really mind. Soma showing up with that half price meat after all the A5 presentation was hilarious.
May 15, 2015 4:11 PM

Aug 2012
If only the beginning of the episode toned down on boobs bouncing it would have been perfect!
Oh well good job once against J.C. Staff

May 15, 2015 4:13 PM

Nov 2007
Oh my! This episode! Nikumi written in hiragana is actually cute indeed!

Poor girl lost her kitchen, betrayed by her first crush and stuck with Donvis Presley for the rest of her high-school life.

Someone needs to give Tadokoro a hug and tell her to calm down for once! <3
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 15, 2015 4:32 PM

Nov 2012
I had to go and grab some pork from the fridge after watching this episode, this show is too good.
May 15, 2015 4:34 PM

Oct 2014
Seriously eating popcorn while watching this series is a bit hard , i dunno why but the fact that they use such expensive ingrediants makes my minute popcorn look pretty pathetic
May 15, 2015 4:40 PM
May 2014
zat-bust said:

From the manga (I don't remember if it was in the anime), before the battle:
Nikumi: "No matter what dish you make it won't beat my super high grade meat".
Souma: "I think rejoicing only over ingredients' cost is a disgrace for a chef".

One of Souma's apparent reasons for taking the challenge was to prove Nikumi wrong, so
if Souma didn't beat her with regular ingredients then his statement would've been proven wrong.

Iow, "See, you needed super high grade meat to beat me", proving her indirect price=result claim, which
in turn would've meant that rejoicing only over the ingredients' cost were the proper thing to do.
konatachan80May 15, 2015 4:55 PM
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
May 15, 2015 5:18 PM

Apr 2013
Great episode!
Very enjoyable and very compelling.
May 15, 2015 5:39 PM

Dec 2014
Hopefully Soma isn't going to be one of those protagonists who wins every single time.
May 15, 2015 5:47 PM
May 2014
SoulPunk said:
Hopefully Soma isn't going to be one of those protagonists who wins every single time.

Just be patient and wait, it's the first time he actually won in this anime anyway. XD
May 15, 2015 6:05 PM

Jun 2013
you're going to a cooking challenge not a swimsuit contest -_- but she did look like she's playing an instrument when cutting the meat and her past is messed up and of course he was going to win the fuck did you expect?
May 15, 2015 6:23 PM

Dec 2014
Soma is such a troll lol.
May 15, 2015 6:32 PM

Apr 2011
"I'm moe-moe-ed out" so fucking pricless
May 15, 2015 6:52 PM

Jan 2011
Souma's first actual shokugeki with Nikumi has ended with Souma winning with his cheap discount male compared to Nikumi's A5 meat. :D Oh man, this episode made me want to drool so badly. The music made the entire shokugeki match really intense too. xD Lots of Nikumi fanservice but with the way she's dressed it's hard not to have fanservice scenes with her. :P

J.C. Staff is definitely doing a good job with this adaptation, loving the anime every week. Nikumi totally has feelings for Souma now haha. xD
Nikumi's meat / 5
May 15, 2015 6:55 PM

Jan 2013
Ajunky said:
Kitoge said:
Look I'm sure the A5 meat was out-of-this-world good, but the cheap meat along with the other ingredients created one harmony which makes the eater want more while the A5 rice did not mix with the garlic rice. I'm obviously sure that the A5 alone would have beaten the cheap meat. It annoys me to see people complain when in reality, the outcome made complete sense.
There is the matter of why she bothered making a strong flavored rice to begin with. To bring into focus the meat's flavor, plain boiled rice would have been enough... If she is just thinking about meat, then this option would make more sense.

Of course, there is no denying that a rice that complements the meat is better. So he could still have won against that. It just seems a bit convoluted to have her to make an effort in the wrong direction.

She didn't go in the wrong direction. The problem was she went in the same direction. The problem wasn't a clashing between the garlic rice and the beef; the garlic rice was sauteed in beef fat and butter. She served beef on beef-flavored garlic rice--which was fine for as long as the beef lasted, but once you've satiated your taste for beef you have no reason to finish the rice. It's like too much of a good thing.
Plain rice would have been worse; transparently used as just a vehicle for the meat, it wouldn't even qualify as a don and you'd really have no reason to finish plain rice unless you were simply hungry.
May 15, 2015 7:02 PM

Sep 2013
Alsiel is amused!!
May 15, 2015 7:09 PM

Aug 2013
Mathias2001 said:
SoulPunk said:

Just be patient and wait, it's the first time he actually won in this anime anyway. XD
if we're being technical here he wont win anything for the rest of the season
May 15, 2015 7:13 PM

Apr 2015
I KNOW souma will be the winner!
that was amazing! loved it when he said the one who talks too much can't be trusted.
wohoooooooo!!! I can't wait for another battle in the future.
loved his baka-face so much and his modest personality >.<
god, I wonder if souma would face any failure in the future that would break my heart ;_____;
and hope there's no romance elements. hope there's no romance elements. hope there's no romance elements. hope there's no romance elements. hope there's no romance elements. hope there's no romance elements. hope there's no romance elements. hope there's no romance elements. hope there's no romance elements.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 15, 2015 7:14 PM

Jul 2010
Hilarious and satisfying as hell. I love this show. I just hope Nikumi won't be forget after this episode and gets even more screentime.
May 15, 2015 7:33 PM

May 2012
Damn Souma trolled everyone. I thought he was part of the Don club too.

Nikumi has to be the best girl in this series. I mean the way she handle that meat was so sexy. Plus she was so cute at the end with her school outfit. I like her better like that.

Next episode looks like its going to be just as good. Hope to see more Nikumi tho :)
May 15, 2015 7:33 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
I really would love to try eating some premium A5 beef at least once in my lifetime. :P I'm not even sure if there's a restaurant or a hotel in this country that serves it.

I love how this Shokugeki ended. Souma wins, Nikumi joins the RS Don as per conditions of the Shokugeki, but Souma has no interest of joining the club. Nikumi got traded to the RS Don without ever getting to work with Souma. xD What a troll! xDD
May 15, 2015 7:39 PM

Mar 2009
Theorder14 said:
Less boobs and more cooking pls >.>

Why not both?

The camera sure does love Nikumi, and I'm certainly not complaining. Glad she's sticking around.

Soma continues to be an awesome character, though I wonder if he'll ever have any trouble with anyone in the future. So far, he's crushed all his competition. Almost effortlessly too.
May 15, 2015 7:43 PM
May 2014
Mormegil said:
Theorder14 said:
Less boobs and more cooking pls >.>

Why not both?

The camera sure does love Nikumi, and I'm certainly not complaining. Glad she's sticking around.

Soma continues to be an awesome character, though I wonder if he'll ever have any trouble with anyone in the future. So far, he's crushed all his competition. Almost effortlessly too.

I agree with having both :)

All??
Its his first real shokugeki, isn't it?
Oh, he won't win all the time..

He isn't one of the usual hope/spine/whateverless male MC's that's a dime a dozen in anime, so he doesn't begin the series by losing just about every single time like some seem to expect. If he did, it would've been questionable how he even entered that elite school.
konatachan80May 15, 2015 7:58 PM
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
May 15, 2015 7:44 PM
Oct 2010
CNagy said:

She didn't go in the wrong direction. The problem was she went in the same direction. The problem wasn't a clashing between the garlic rice and the beef; the garlic rice was sauteed in beef fat and butter. She served beef on beef-flavored garlic rice--which was fine for as long as the beef lasted, but once you've satiated your taste for beef you have no reason to finish the rice. It's like too much of a good thing.
Plain rice would have been worse; transparently used as just a vehicle for the meat, it wouldn't even qualify as a don and you'd really have no reason to finish plain rice unless you were simply hungry.
I see. I didn't watch carefully. It wasn't an obviously bad combination, just not as well considered as Souma's.

As implied, a smaller amount of that rice would have been more adequate for the dish, except then it would not have been a "don". So basically she underestimated the theme, led by her contempt for the club.

shanimebib said:
Someone needs to give Tadokoro a hug and tell her to calm down for once! <3
LOL, indeed. She's like a nervous gerbil. XD
AjunkyMay 15, 2015 7:47 PM
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
May 15, 2015 7:50 PM

Feb 2015
Wow, Erina is quite ruthless to immediately dismiss Mito just because she lost.
How inflated can her ego get? And I kinda feel bad for the Don Society, lol, with how clueless Yukihira is and the way he left everyone in the dust.
And already a harem? LOLOLOLOLOL

<In the ghost town of our love
there is a player piano
trying to prove it can make music
without being touched.
My fingertips miss her so much.>
May 15, 2015 7:52 PM
Jan 2015
Best episode so far of the best new franchise this season.

"Villain" was great, food could have been a bit more interesting if the basic idea hadn't been explained in the previous episode, but Souma wasn't as much of an insufferable jackass as usual.
May 15, 2015 8:10 PM

Jan 2013
Ajunky said:
I see. I didn't watch carefully. It wasn't an obviously bad combination, just not as well considered as Souma's.

As implied, a smaller amount of that rice would have been more adequate for the dish, except then it would not have been a "don". So basically she underestimated the theme, led by her contempt for the club.

Indeed, which is fitting because we've seen the disdain in their elite school for the food enjoyed by the masses. But she couldn't help it; getting to understand the philosophy of the dish would have implied the dish had some merit. Much like Souma could not win with expensive ingredients without undermining his principles, Nikumi could not prove that donburi was a worthless dish to research without showing it could be beaten *solely* on the basis of superior ingredients. Respecting the theme was out of the question for her in the first place.
CNagyMay 15, 2015 8:15 PM
May 15, 2015 8:24 PM
Feb 2015
The best way to start of an episode is with boobies :3

Soma.. You.. Lmao 50% off xD
Soma vs ikumi was pretty awesome I really enjoyed it. Ikumi is so cute when she ran away and blushed!! I like show she took her time to get into the club but soma ended up not actually joining LMAO XD
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
May 15, 2015 8:35 PM

Mar 2015
Such a great episode! I really enjoyed it. However, Ikuma's loss seemed too quick for me.

Lol... At that ending though. 5/5
May 15, 2015 9:00 PM

Jul 2011
Akanezora said:
Hilarious and satisfying as hell. I love this show. I just hope Nikumi won't be forget after this episode and gets even more screentime.

This. Best grill in this show!
May 15, 2015 9:09 PM

Apr 2010
It feels like Soma is going to have a harem by the end of the season. I like where this is going. :3
May 15, 2015 9:15 PM

Apr 2015
Engaging episode, and I have a huge craving for meat now. Interested in what will happen next.
May 15, 2015 9:27 PM

Feb 2012
Oooh, Nikumi has a crushieee. Lol! She's cute when she's flustered.

I had a very strong inkling that Souma wouldn't/didn't join the club.. He never initially said he'd join nor did he fill up an application form. He just asked to take part in the challenge. Souma = no.1 troll. :P

The meat looked so good that I'm craving for it now, but too bad I gave up meat entirely early this year.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
May 15, 2015 9:28 PM

May 2012
Even though I read the manga, I felt very excited while watching this episode. I'm also glad that they toned down the foodgasms.

Nikumi is (second) best grill. Can't wait to see more of her (if the anime goes that far).

Training Camp arc begins next week :D
May 15, 2015 9:36 PM

Jan 2013
Great food battle episode. 5/5
May 15, 2015 9:52 PM

Oct 2011
Kirito's cooking level is OP.

Hope to see more of Nikumi.
May 15, 2015 10:08 PM

Aug 2013
Good episode, the comedy in this plot is always very good, but there are several exciting moments also, I'm looking forward to the next arc ..
May 15, 2015 10:51 PM

Jun 2008
This anime is SO CRUEL!

That brown skinned chick is SO fappable....but that only makes me hungry....and then I gotta see those animated foods which make me even MORE hungry....

And I can't cook to save my life!!!

And Smug Erina is SO GOOD.....I just love her Sadistic face.

Please Erina-sama, step on me and call me a filthy pervert!!!
May 15, 2015 10:55 PM

Oct 2014
Next episode start the Hotel Training Arc, Megumi Use your Talent!!
May 15, 2015 11:32 PM

Jun 2014
It's a bad idea to read the manga again just before the episode, the anime lacks impact the manga had and this episode budget went down and there was some slightly rushed part especially with the introduction of the judge and their explanation but it is still a good episode of a great adaptation!
May 15, 2015 11:50 PM
Oct 2013
TheUnbiasedOne91 said:
babymilo91 said:
And Souma wins the shokugeki. That foodgasm from Nikumi. Now she has fallen for Souma.

So this is a harem anime with the harem voice actor.The cooking just filler.

Just another episode for perverts and Otakus. The show does certainly improve and the humor get´s alot better, but comeone this was unnecessary.
It´s a mediocore show for a reason.
I couldn´t choose if I was meant to have a boner or get hungry. So I did both.

Seriously how to make this the perfect show.
1. Make every episode revolve around meat.
2. Enhance the fanservice make the show 16+.
3. Put in beer references and remove all the PG 13 comedy.
There we go you have yourself the manliest Anime since Hellsing and Gurren Lagann
IsterioMay 16, 2015 12:37 AM
May 16, 2015 1:41 AM

Apr 2013
TheUnbiasedOne91 said:
MC cliche wins the encounter of course....
if you cant enjoy this show for what it is just drop it, no one wants to hear you complain week in week out.
May 16, 2015 1:45 AM

Apr 2014
Isterio said:
TheUnbiasedOne91 said:

So this is a harem anime with the harem voice actor.The cooking just filler.

Just another episode for perverts and Otakus. The show does certainly improve and the humor get´s alot better, but comeone this was unnecessary.
It´s a mediocore show for a reason.
I couldn´t choose if I was meant to have a boner or get hungry. So I did both.

Seriously how to make this the perfect show.
1. Make every episode revolve around meat.
2. Enhance the fanservice make the show 16+.
3. Put in beer references and remove all the PG 13 comedy.
There we go you have yourself the manliest Anime since Hellsing and Gurren Lagann

I don't get what you're trying to say here. Are you implying this show is mediocre because of the fanservice?
May 16, 2015 1:49 AM

Feb 2010
Always enjoy watching a cooking battle where cheap ingredients beat expensive ones. It is really too easy to win a shokugeki with the best grade beef, it barely proves you have cooking skills. Even if the MC wins all the time, as long as it's because of skills, I can accept it.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2015

330 by Phaeton777 »»
Apr 17, 12:59 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2015

636 by o_ob6o_o »»
Apr 11, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2015

221 by Emejotis »»
Apr 4, 8:59 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2015

186 by Duany »»
Mar 9, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Favorite op?

infinite_Shadows - Dec 31, 2023

13 by Arrow02 »»
Jan 2, 7:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.