Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 15, 2015 9:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
LOL, is that jealousy I see coming from Hestia? Pfft.

Fun stuff I guess. Lili is falling hard for Bell not that I'm surprised. The episode also focuses some training between Bell and Aiz. I think it's the first time that they fought on-screen. And also it establishes her reputation and skills in this series as well. Looking good:

Some decent action this episode too.
May 15, 2015 9:29 AM

Sep 2014
Errr. This is kinda getting predictable now. not good. not good at all
?
May 15, 2015 9:40 AM

Jun 2013
Aiz finally get more focus. Glad to watch her actions more.
May 15, 2015 10:51 AM

Dec 2013
hestia makes the best faces
May 15, 2015 11:02 AM

Sep 2012
The minotaur training scene was pretty cool. Good to see those adventurers got what they deserved and damn Hestia gets jealous easily/
Oh god who are you people?
May 15, 2015 11:03 AM

Aug 2010
Quite fast paced but awesome as usual :3 Hestia's faces when she was telling Lili Bell's hers were priceless XD

Lili isn't gonna slack off. Her body may not be as stacked as Hestia but damn she's got a nice body *A* She can seriously compete <3

Bell's scream when he first saw Aiz was so lol XD

Dat slow motion heel kick was hilarious lol...Awesome animation :D

Ottar destroying/training the Minotaur was really cool! Kinda felt bad for the Minotaur ^^;

Dat repetitive lap pillow then screaming while waking up was lol

Gramps vs Hestia was hilarious XD

Poor Hestia always running into Bell when he's on dates with other girls lol

Her Jelly is so cute <3

So satisfying to see the assholes from Soma family who did that to Lili last ep get REKT and murdered by Minotaur :D

Can't wait for Agornaut >.<
May 15, 2015 11:03 AM

Mar 2014
The action while it lasted was cool but the rest of the episode felt boring
May 15, 2015 11:04 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Lili > Aiz > Hestia
May 15, 2015 11:05 AM

Jan 2012
Pretty much a training episode, for both Bell and that minotaur. Bell certainly came a long way with Aiz this week considering he started out not even able to speak to her. Poor Hestia has too much competition. Loved that face of her biting down on her lower lip. :D
May 15, 2015 11:10 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Even though Hestia is my favorite girl, Aiz is really growing on me. She's totally my type. I'm really jealous of the face plant into her butt thing.

Not a bad episode, just not a lot happened. With the pace that it's been going and how many characters that have yet to be introduced, this feels like a two-cour show. I want to know who Mr. Red Hair is.

It kills me knowing I have to wait another week for this.
May 15, 2015 11:10 AM

May 2014
Deja vu Kick FTW XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 15, 2015 11:15 AM

Apr 2010
Things are going the right way!!!
Where are getting less Hestia and more Aiz!!
And Aiz perfectly demonstrated this episode why she is so much better then Hestia, i can't get enough of her.

It also seems that Lily got her revenge tho she doesn't know yet.
May 15, 2015 11:20 AM
Sep 2012
Need a .gif of Bell waking up from Aiz's lap, gets beat up, wakes up again, etc.
May 15, 2015 11:22 AM

May 2013
That guy got rekted at the end. Funny seeing Bell pass out and then wake up from Aiz's lap lol.
May 15, 2015 11:25 AM

Jul 2014
Irritating harem antics are irritating. That aside, this was a pretty decent episode. Seeing Bell meet Aiz then her deciding to train him for a while was pretty cool, but I'm much more curious about that guy who seemed to be training that minotaur. I'm guessing that's to do with Freya's next scheme, but it shocks me that someone could be powerful enough to actually train a minotaur in such a way.
May 15, 2015 11:29 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Lili joins the competition for Bell's D. Though she doesn't have a busty figure like Hestia, it's still good enough.

Bell's scream after accidentally bumping into Aiz's butt was hilarious! Matsuoka just doing what he's best at!
Liked the training part. That kick to the face though.. and repeatedly too after the lap pillow service. Serves him right for the lucky chances. XD

What is Ottarl trying to do? Training that Minotaur so it can join him in his journey? Or just mindless fighting to pass time? O.o

Hestia's reaction to see Bell and Aiz together was pretty funny. Her jealous face is so cute! :3

Decent episode. Those jerk assholes from last episode getting served by Minotaur was quite satisfying to see.

May 15, 2015 11:32 AM

Oct 2009
That training XD The sequence of wake up/pass out is really hilarious XD
May 15, 2015 11:38 AM

Jan 2015
Aiz sure's strong shes not going easy on him. I wonder how strong is that new guy tho fucking with minotaur i guess he's aiz lvl or something
May 15, 2015 11:41 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Harem mode on

"Why am I being so bold?", well I think she only has herself to blame :>
May 15, 2015 11:44 AM

Apr 2013
I like the fact that the anime doesn't even give Ais' reason to train Bell. Nah, that's not because she secretly likes or anything stupid of that sort. The real (and only) reason is to discover the truth behind what she asks him at 17:20, because he's gaining strength like 20 times faster than normal.

The scene in the restaurant between Hestia and Lili was displaced in bell's home then? I really miss the "cool side" (IE, her goddess side) of Hestia in those scenes since the start. HEstia isn't really important in the story, but even though they focus so much on her in the anime, they only focus in the cute side and neglect too much her other side, that I personally like more than the cute one.

Wow, the training was very softened. He should have lost consciousness at every it by the sheer strength of her hits sending him flying. I think that's too bad because it doesn't really show the difference between the levels that way. A level 6 hit like a truck with a casual swing. The hits he's taking there really feels simply like a normal human knowing how to many a sword teaching it to another normal human. Ais' monstruous strength could have been shown here, especially since they skipped any other chance to show it (since they skipped almost everything about Ais since the start)...
Well, or so I thought, but the second time we see the training, it's closer of what it should be since he loses consciousness again. I still don't feel very satisfied with the impact of her hits though.

Speaking of which, I'm really disappointed again and again by the monster design in the dungeon. They are really lacking in presence. The orcs especially, but others as well~. Ottarl's design feel plain, I didn't feel any pressure from him either, contrary to when we see him in the ln illustrations.
Ah, the end of this episode with the "trained" minotaurus was somehow satisfying for the first time on that point btw. At long last, I'd say.
May 15, 2015 11:56 AM

Jun 2014
hestia stop being best girl please
:3
May 15, 2015 11:59 AM

Mar 2013
LOL sol lookalike from guilty gear appear.
May 15, 2015 11:59 AM

Jul 2012
the lap pillow scene was great! I had to go back and watch it a few more times. really glad, too, that they included the Hestia vs. 'Grandpa' scene :D
"Let's make a miracle happen using the power of friendship."
"If that was all it took, there'd be no need for training arcs!"

"Normal rabbits don't carry guns!"
May 15, 2015 12:01 PM

Aug 2010
Aiz and Bell screen time!!! XD

Wonder who is that person Aiz wants to catch up to...a potential love competitor for Bell?

Wonder if that beast was 'trained' by orders from that goddess that appeared in the beginning (forgot her name). Since this is a short series maybe this beast is going to be the last/'ultimate' enemy for Bell for this season?

Hmm i dont know im slowly kinda of losing the anticipation that I had from the first episode, though I'll still watch this through the end i guess..
May 15, 2015 12:16 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Aiz finally got some screen time. She's actually pretty sweet all things considered.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 15, 2015 12:23 PM

Feb 2014
In this episode Hestia is jealous 24/7 because Bell got a loli and sword princess.... It's a hard being a goodness.

Oh wow, did that guy just train a monster? Didn't know that was possible... looks like the guys in the lower floors of the dungeon are gonna have a bad time (looking at you Bell).
May 15, 2015 12:26 PM

Jul 2013
Jelly Hestia was cute <3 Hope we'll get to see more of Aiz. I'm really starting to like her.
May 15, 2015 12:27 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
And with this episode, the anime has officially passed the translated manga chapters so I'm gonna be blind from here on out :(

Bell's training with Aiz has been really funny so far but as we saw during his dungeon time with Lili, he's getting a lot of good results and I'm really proud of him :)

All the bickering in this episode has been hilarious whether or not it was between Hestia and Lili or that funny scuffle between Bell's grandfather and Hestia xD I really wished that he kissed Aiz there but oh well lol I'm starting to really like her a lot

Overall it was a fun episode and DAMN that Minotaur is brutal as fuck O_O Glad to see that those punks from last week got what they deserve tho....
May 15, 2015 12:27 PM

Mar 2013
Smudy said:
Lili < Aiz < Hestia

fixed
May 15, 2015 12:30 PM

Jul 2010
Hestia gave a pretty good talk to Lili, poor Hestia in a way with so many new found rivals!

Those training sequences with Aiz, funny and quite exciting in a way too with the practice fight.

Training a minotaur just like that, I feel bad for all the adventures that was sacrificed for someone's plans :O
May 15, 2015 12:31 PM

Jan 2015
Aiz, Aiz, Aiz, Aiz... I don't know why, but somehow I can't get myself to like her. I'd be glad if someone explained it to me ;p

Shit, Bell's grandpa is my dude, I like his attitude. He somehow resembles a little Tomoki's grandpa from Sora no Otoshimono. But still, what a fine man-ghost-thing xD

In the end, the cute big-plotted loli is the waifu for me UGHH=3

What can I say, for me it's the best ecchi anime of spring 2015. I'm really enjoing this SAO 2.0 so far ^>^
May 15, 2015 12:42 PM

Oct 2014
Bell's scream when he bumped into Aiz XD
Still don't really like her though. Hestia best girl <3
May 15, 2015 12:43 PM

Nov 2008
Okay, so it's a harem rom-com, not an action/adventure anime... at least there are only a handful of episodes left.

One thing it does show well is that older women tend to be very possessive about their boy toys...
May 15, 2015 12:46 PM

Apr 2013
FatefulLove said:

Training a minotaur just like that, I feel bad for all the adventures that was sacrificed for someone's plans :O

Actually, those adventurers weren't sacrificed. The anime skipped that part, but basically the minautorus was held captive into a wagon that Ottarl was planning to keep the Minautorus inside after training him for days (in the anime, it really seems like he trained him for like a few hours, that's wrong) but due to internal strife that was keeping Ottarl busy against several other powerful adventurers from the same familia as him (Freiya family), those adventurers from Souma familia who were just passing by noticed that Ottarl during the fight between high level adventurers was protecting that wagon from others, so they took another path to arrive from behind and steal the wagon from Ottarl while he was busy.
They thought that cetainly, someone as famous as Ottarl (he's one of the most famous adventurers in the city alongside Ais and Fine) defending a wagon meant that the wagon was full of very precious things.
Blinded by their greed again, the souma family members decided to open the wagon after putting enough distance between Ottarl and them. As a result, a gruesome chase started with the result that you saw.
May 15, 2015 12:52 PM

Jul 2009
PLamus1 said:
Aiz, Aiz, Aiz, Aiz... I don't know why, but somehow I can't get myself to like her. I'd be glad if someone explained it to me ;p

I don't like Aiz at all either.
May 15, 2015 12:52 PM

Nov 2014
The squeal! Lol!

Hi there
May 15, 2015 1:05 PM

Jul 2010
Zefyris said:

I see. Thanks for connecting the dots for me. I as an anime watcher only would not have had been able to thought of that. The anime did left me a little confused on how the minotaur had gotten so long (in seemingly the same day), as it would easily break the system as "elite" monsters would be too easily created. I just thought the minotaur was left to roam to get actual combat experience before facing Bell, nice to know about the wagon and the cause of the scene.
May 15, 2015 1:16 PM

Feb 2012
I can't stand how much of a pussy Bell is, especially how he was squealing like a little girl when he saw Aiz. Listen to your grandpa you little bitch!
Damn lucky bastard, got Lili and Hestia on each arm.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 15, 2015 1:21 PM

Apr 2014
I wish I had a harem like Bell-kun

He has a loli goddess, a loli furry, an elf, the cool beauty Aiz, and a sex goddess

May 15, 2015 1:25 PM

Dec 2013
Zefyris said:
I like the fact that the anime doesn't even give Ais' reason to train Bell. Nah, that's not because she secretly likes or anything stupid of that sort. The real (and only) reason is to discover the truth behind what she asks him at 17:20, because he's gaining strength like 20 times faster than normal.

The scene in the restaurant between Hestia and Lili was displaced in bell's home then? I really miss the "cool side" (IE, her goddess side) of Hestia in those scenes since the start. HEstia isn't really important in the story, but even though they focus so much on her in the anime, they only focus in the cute side and neglect too much her other side, that I personally like more than the cute one.

Wow, the training was very softened. He should have lost consciousness at every it by the sheer strength of her hits sending him flying. I think that's too bad because it doesn't really show the difference between the levels that way. A level 6 hit like a truck with a casual swing. The hits he's taking there really feels simply like a normal human knowing how to many a sword teaching it to another normal human. Ais' monstruous strength could have been shown here, especially since they skipped any other chance to show it (since they skipped almost everything about Ais since the start)...
Well, or so I thought, but the second time we see the training, it's closer of what it should be since he loses consciousness again. I still don't feel very satisfied with the impact of her hits though.

Speaking of which, I'm really disappointed again and again by the monster design in the dungeon. They are really lacking in presence. The orcs especially, but others as well~. Ottarl's design feel plain, I didn't feel any pressure from him either, contrary to when we see him in the ln illustrations.
Ah, the end of this episode with the "trained" minotaurus was somehow satisfying for the first time on that point btw. At long last, I'd say.

Have you read Sword Oratoria? There isn't only one single reason why Aiz is training Bell. She does in fact have an interest in him that is beyond his insane growth. At the time that she offered to train him, all she knew of his growth was that he went down to the 10th faster than normal, but that in itself wasn't uncommon to adventurers that either evolved faster or decided to "go on an adventure".

As of the moment all Aiz knew is that he was a noob adventurer that had started a few months back, he is still Level 1, he almost got himself killed several times in the levels 5 and below, and that Eina was responsible for him. She never even saw the basic stats on his back before the end of this arc, so she would definitely not know how "quick" he is progressing. She'd been intrigued by him ever since he ran out the door of the Mistress of Abundance.

Aiz is a late bloomer and quite an airhead, she hasn't realized her interest in Bell goes beyond pure fascination, yet those around her (namely Rivera and Tione of her own guild) have seen it already. That's why Rivera taught Aiz to do the lap pillow for Bell. And she's even showing her affection subconsciously, as shown in this episode with all the lap pillows (her first KO was by accident, I can't say the same for the subsequent 200 KOs though.....). As for Bell not fainting on the first hit, I have to agree that the first skirmish should have knocked him out instantly, yet the ones after that were to show a bit of growth on his part (and yes he does get better after training with Aiz, it's not just him getting KO'd), so I see no problems with him lasting a bit longer. Aiz also adjusted her power to better suit training him.

Also agree with you regarding the monsters. I don't like how they designed the Ogres and Orcs. They remind me of those weak creatures in Harry Potter (you know, the ones that serve wizards?), and really don't look all that dangerous. I find of all the creatures in the dungeon, by far the only menacing design has been the Minotaur (the Silverback doesn't count, he was outside the Dungeon), and still I find him to be a bit on the lanky side.

As for Ottarl, I don't know about the rest of you, but I really like his design. He's suppose to be nonchalant about everything, as if everything beyond Freiya's interest were beneath him. Afterall
. He's able to single-handedly destroy level 30+ floor bosses without breaking a sweat, what's a little 10th or 12th floor minotaur gonna do to him? They're not even considered elite monsters, just higher up in the chain than Ogres and Silverbacks.

Oh, and props for explaining the part they skipped, though they might just go back to it next episode.

Overall, I think they did a good job with handling the Hestia-Lili confrontation. I liked how they animated how Lili didn't even notice Hestia's "inappropriate" affection for Bell until her arm-grab and declaration of possession. Yet being typical Lili, she decided to make a declaration of her own.
Also really enjoyed the scene with Aiz buying her Potato Croquettes from Hestia, not knowing her relation with Bell, though I don't recall that chest-to-face overreaction....

Oh yeah, and that internal struggle between the Devil-Gramps and Angel-Hestia, was so much more funny in the books, but they animated it quite well here as well so I guess it was okay.

Given the title for next episode, I'm really excited for what's going to happen next. I get the feeling that this arc is gonna be 2 episodes, which would mean we might actually get to Volume 5 (if they don't put in some fillers from Aiz's Sword Oratoria side).
L-RyoshiMay 15, 2015 1:33 PM
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 15, 2015 1:30 PM
Jul 2018
It was funny to see Bell pass out and the wake up from Aiz's lap.

That adventure guy got killed at the end.
May 15, 2015 1:35 PM

Apr 2012
Not so sure what the guy is training the minotaurs for. Is he setting it off on adventurers?

Oh it killed those dirty bastards from last episode. yay

May 15, 2015 1:47 PM

Jan 2014
Hmm that minotaur went crazy, and i can understand that. it got its horns ripped of and beaten.. felt like animal abuse.

Hestia seemed extremely jealous this episode, also why does Aiz.. which is one of the strongest, have to be such an airhead ._.
May 15, 2015 1:47 PM

Dec 2013
Hesita vs Lilli was pretty hilarious XD

Cool to see Aiz actually getting some screen stone :3

I could watch Bell getting beat up and wake up screaming all day.
May 15, 2015 2:20 PM

Mar 2015
Finally some Aiz, and probably next episode too. Also Lili getting fond of Bell-sama, I think we can categorize this as harem.

What's with the lolis in this show with good body? Damn...

A furry loli and a loli goddess competing for one guy? Now I'm jealous. Not to mention maybe Aiz would admire him later on. Also that waiter that take a fond of him.

Overall this episode is enjoyable. Fanservice of Hestia and Lili, some action with Aiz, and some guy training minotaur.

May 15, 2015 2:21 PM
Feb 2015
I love Aiz so much she s just to awesome! Can someone who read the novel tell me if she develops some romantic feelings towards Bell ? I ship them so much
May 15, 2015 2:24 PM

Jul 2014
HaXXspetten said:
Harem mode on

"Why am I being so bold?", well I think she only has herself to blame :>

Sadly it's the worst type of harem mode. The worthless sack of poop in the center harem mode. The guy is so dumb and bashful he doesn't make a believable character as he wouldn't be able to function at life. Somehow every woman is amazing, unattached and willing to throw themselves at this sack of poop despite all the alpha men walking around. And this is why people think anime are kids shows... because by and large they are.
May 15, 2015 2:25 PM

Jan 2015
Lili may not have the breasts but she definitely has the ears! Plus happy that Ais got some much needed screen time.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
May 15, 2015 2:28 PM

Aug 2014
The start of that episode was complete shit!

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
May 15, 2015 2:29 PM

May 2015
Overall i think it was a nice episode, we finally got to see some Bell/Aiz development ^_^
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2015

559 by jilebi_james23 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2015

202 by jilebi_james23 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2015

362 by jilebi_james23 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2015

195 by jilebi_james23 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2015

207 by jilebi_james23 »»
8 hours ago

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.