Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 15, 2015 6:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Overall, a pretty fun battle imo with some heavy damage this episode including Fate. I still thought the major point/climax was probably involving Einhart again.

Second half was more amusing with the girls catching up after their fight. Einhart definitely feels quite welcoming after that.
Stark700May 15, 2015 8:06 AM
May 15, 2015 7:07 AM

May 2014
I don't know why they didn't add any differentiating features to SLB: Shift Phantom Strike from say... any SLB in existence but considering all the new hairs added this episode (I have trouble defining them in any other way) defining features seem to be lost cause. Also the fights weren't very... good.

Moving on.

Corona rocket punch, Corona best. deal with it.

The rest was fun too, Corona still Cute, and the best girl was spotted drinking tea while pumping Iron like a true Lady of the house.
May 15, 2015 10:09 AM

Mar 2014
Finally, some of the DSAA participants have appeared.
May 15, 2015 10:31 AM

Apr 2015
Reinforce II in loli form!
Hayate X Reinforce II shipping anyone?
"Widowed at the age of ten, Hayate managed to raise their daughter, only to be kabedon'd by her."
befriend (v.): To violently attack someone with very dangerous and extremely powerful blasts of magical pink light until your target sees the validity of your viewpoint.
May 15, 2015 10:39 AM

Sep 2009
I wonder, who voices Chantez (she sounds very familiar) and who will voice Zieglinde
Nachtwandler_21May 16, 2015 1:26 PM
May 15, 2015 10:44 AM

Mar 2014
Nachtwandler_21 said:
I wonder, who voices Chantez (she sounds very familiar) and who rill voice Zieglinde

Unfortunately, I cannot read kanji, but their names are listed in the credits.
May 15, 2015 1:07 PM

Mar 2014
For those who don't know, episode 6 covered from the end of volume 2 to the first quarter of volume 3. This episode covered the rest of volume 3 and showed a little bit of the beginning chapter 18, which is featured in volume 4.
May 15, 2015 1:22 PM

Jan 2014
Nachtwandler_21 said:
I wonder, who voices Chantez (she sounds very familiar) and who rill voice Zieglinde

Chantez: Kana Asumi
Harry Tribeca: Yumi Uchiyama
Victoria: Aya Endo
Sieg: Mari Nakatsu
ck12May 15, 2015 1:26 PM
May 15, 2015 2:19 PM

Mar 2014
ck12 said:

Chantez: Kana Asumi
Harry Tribeca: Yumi Uchiyama
Victoria: Aya Endo
Sieg: Mari Nakatsu

Thanks.

So, I really read Kana Asumi and the kanjis weren't wrong, huh? Well, I already guessed it since she sounds like Kana Asumi.

Yumi Uchiyama. I read the "yama", but couldn't figure out what the first kanji was. And her voice is deep, so it's definitely her (lol).

Aya Endo. I knew I've heard of that voice.

Mari Nakatsu... who? I just looked up she's from Osaka. Well, Sieg has a kansai dialect for no reason.

By the way, who voices Edgar, Mia, Linda and Luka? Edit: I already figured out who voices them.
MajinAkumaMay 18, 2015 3:18 PM
May 15, 2015 2:28 PM

Mar 2014
Let me introduce you these five waifus:
May 15, 2015 4:14 PM
Dec 2011
Man I didn't excepted this

May 15, 2015 5:29 PM

Apr 2007
aiueowave said:
Man I didn't excepted this

Is that the real translation? It should be "Critical hit by Erio before SLB Impact" Fate still has some hitpoints before SLB hit her.

Besides that, It's Vivid. That riot form change-up was a convenient way to get Fate to show more skin when the clothing damage comes.
KilluanMay 15, 2015 5:46 PM
May 16, 2015 1:18 PM

Mar 2014
I spotted Els's early cameo appearance.

May 16, 2015 1:30 PM

Sep 2009
Kana Asumi, no wonder she sounded familiar. And Nanami's seiyuu as Sieg. I'm waiting to hear it.
May 16, 2015 1:35 PM

Mar 2014
Finally, the ace more relevant than Fate has appeared (in ViVid, of course).

A wild tanuki appears!
Einhard is confused!
May 16, 2015 2:19 PM
Jun 2012
MajinAkuma said:
Finally, the ace more relevant than Fate has appeared (in ViVid, of course).

A wild tanuki appears!
Einhard is confused!

The best ace. Tanuki or no tanuki.
May 17, 2015 12:32 AM

Sep 2012
Today, the world ended.

May 17, 2015 7:17 AM

Dec 2008
The Wolkenritter finally show up! I'm a bit upset because Signum looks a bit iffy and weird. but either way, glad to see her again <3
Looking forward to the IM.
May 17, 2015 7:59 AM

Nov 2013
sarroush said:
The Wolkenritter finally show up! I'm a bit upset because Signum looks a bit iffy and weird. but either way, glad to see her again <3
Looking forward to the IM.
i feel the same way.
Am i the only one here, that think vita looks a bit taller?
TYxTxYT said:

this one pretty good shipping, and also rein had been gone into hayate's body for a few times (maybe more than we have seen)
May 17, 2015 8:18 AM

Mar 2014
jonjoy said:

TYxTxYT said:

this one pretty good shipping, and also rein had been gone into hayate's body for a few times (maybe more than we have seen)

Rein had the most Unisons. She has fused with Hayate, Signum and Vita.
May 17, 2015 9:10 AM

Nov 2013
MajinAkuma said:
jonjoy said:

Rein had the most Unisons. She has fused with Hayate, Signum and Vita.

and i think, she had the most unison with hayate, than signum or vita.
May 17, 2015 10:38 AM

Apr 2007
jonjoy said:
Am i the only one here, that think vita looks a bit taller?

The Vivid anime has been terrible with character sizes. It's very inconsistent. At one time, they showed her only half a head smaller than Signum...When in reality, I'm not even sure if Vita reaches her bust.
May 17, 2015 11:59 AM

Jan 2014
First of all allow me to call BS on Teana out starlight breakering the original starlight breaker. Other than that it was an alright episode. the last one was better.
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

May 17, 2015 1:10 PM

Jun 2010
uran10 said:
First of all allow me to call BS on Teana out starlight breakering the original starlight breaker. Other than that it was an alright episode. the last one was better.

Remember that Nanoha was power capped for this fight (she couldn't use as maximum power output), so Teana and Nanoha probably had around the same output.

As maximum, yeah Nanoha would obviously wipe the floor with Teana, but also could have taken on the ENTIRE other team by her self lol.
May 17, 2015 1:31 PM

Sep 2009
uran10 said:

I don't know what the kids's ranks would be, but I'm sure everyone had limiters capped at A rank at maximum.

(Also Teana is S rank in Vivid)

May 17, 2015 1:31 PM

Apr 2007
neonie said:

Remember that Nanoha was power capped for this fight (she couldn't use as maximum power output), so Teana and Nanoha probably had around the same output.

As maximum, yeah Nanoha would obviously wipe the floor with Teana, but also could have taken on the ENTIRE other team by her self lol.

Teana is power capped too. Really, Nanoha's not as far ahead of everyone as you think. She's had trouble vs. any two non-lolis. Einhart and Vivio were probably two of the weakest in that mock battle. All of the old cast would trump them. Except for maybe Caro. And Nanoha can't use SLB unless everyone completely ignores her until she's able to charge it.

Vivids also a poor representation of power, and so is that mock battle. I mean Nanoha freakin used a Starlight Breaker using the blaster system, and Fate didn't even use one of her weaker skills. Photon Lancer Phalanx Shift or Plasma Zamber Breaker..Where? She didn't even throw out an arc saber.

In the sound stages, it was said that Signum, Fate and Nanoha were so close in power that the result of one of them fighting each other would change on any given day.
KilluanMay 17, 2015 1:49 PM
May 17, 2015 2:51 PM

Mar 2014
uran10 said:

Teana's Breaker wasn't stronger. Nanoha was already damaged while Teana had full life. Both received probably the same damage, but Teana had more life left than Nanoha when both were charging up their Breakers. Also, Starlight Breaker is an attack that doesn't need the strength of the user; it gathers mana from the battlefield.
May 17, 2015 9:11 PM

Aug 2008
Hayate appear. Want to see more of her and Signum.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
May 17, 2015 9:57 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
I'm excited for this Inter-Middle tournament! Can't wait to see more cute girls and flashy fast-paced epic battles! :D

But why do Reinforce II and Agito no longer have tiny bodies? Both of them are now as big as normal girls. :o
May 17, 2015 10:20 PM

Mar 2014
Zapredon said:
Hayate appear. Want to see more of her and Signum.

Hayate is more relevant than Fate, so no problem with her. Unfortunately, Signum is the least relevant Wolkenritter when in comes to on-screen appearances in ViVid. But you might be hyped to see what techniques Miura has learned from her.

LunyRed said:

But why do Reinforce II and Agito no longer have tiny bodies? Both of them are now as big as normal girls. :o

Reinforce Zwei and Agito have the abilities to shift their size. They already could that in the StrikerS Sound Stages.
MajinAkumaMay 18, 2015 10:19 PM
May 18, 2015 3:24 AM

Aug 2013
MajinAkuma said:
uran10 said:

Teana's Breaker wasn't stronger. Nanoha was already damaged while Teana had full life. Both received probably the same damage, but Teana had more life left than Nanoha when both were charging up their Breakers. Also, Starlight Breaker is an attack that doesn't need the strength of the user; it gathers mana from the battlefield.

Good point

Can't wait for the tournament
May 18, 2015 3:37 AM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
Oh, finally Victoria appears.
May 18, 2015 7:16 AM

Sep 2014
The fight was fun. I liked it. Hopefully the story picks up soon.
May 18, 2015 8:52 AM

Mar 2014
By the way, Vivio is a "shotoclone". (And a literal clone.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h60apLOUbA0
Vivio would be the "Ken", as she is mostly a Shoryuken fighter. Spoilers below!
MajinAkumaMay 19, 2015 6:25 AM
May 18, 2015 8:54 AM
Sep 2011
neonie said:
uran10 said:

Also, it was only Blaster 1. A pretty far cry from the Blaster 3 that trashed Quattro.
May 18, 2015 10:53 AM

Apr 2007
hexzone said:
neonie said:

Also, it was only Blaster 1. A pretty far cry from the Blaster 3 that trashed Quattro.

If Nanoha used blaster 3 in a mock battle, I would question her intelligence. It does serious damage to her linker core. Nanoha only uses that out of desperation, it's not something she can use casually, especially not in a mock battle. It's bad enough that she used Blaster 1 in the mock battle. The Blaster system is an experimental booster that far surpasses the physical limits of the user's body. It gives a momentary power boost at the cost of damaging the users linker core and their body.
KilluanMay 18, 2015 10:59 AM
May 18, 2015 11:27 AM

Mar 2014
Killuan said:

If Nanoha used blaster 3 in a mock battle, I would question her intelligence. It does serious damage to her linker core. Nanoha only uses that out of desperation, it's not something she can use casually, especially not in a mock battle. It's bad enough that she used Blaster 1 in the mock battle. The Blaster system is an experimental booster that far surpasses the physical limits of the user's body. It gives a momentary power boost at the cost of damaging the users linker core and their body.

Exactly.
The only characters who really went full out were the four children. Everybody else was holding back, especially Fate. Though, Nanoha obviously overdid it already, as Blaster One is already unhealthy for her.

Subaru didn't use her IS. Teana didn't use her Fake Silhouette. Caro and Lutecia didn't summon their companions. And Erio didn't used his lightning spells. And Nove also held back as well. If everyone would go out, they might even break the injury simulator, especially Nanoha and Fate may be able to do that.
May 18, 2015 12:14 PM

Nov 2013
MajinAkuma said:
Killuan said:

Exactly.
The only characters who really went full out were the four children. Everybody else was holding back, especially Fate. Though, Nanoha obviously overdid it already, as Blaster One is already unhealthy for her.

Subaru didn't use her IS. Teana didn't use her Fake Silhouette. Caro and Lutecia didn't summon their companions. And Erio didn't used his lightning spells. And Nove also held back as well. If everyone would go out, they might even break the injury simulator, especially Nanoha and Fate may be able to do that.

for the summons, in the last battle, we can see garyu and fried join the battle.
May 18, 2015 12:23 PM

Mar 2014
jonjoy said:

for the summons, in the last battle, we can see garyu and fried join the battle.

Yeah, but that doesn't count.
May 18, 2015 4:38 PM

May 2013
So its a draw huh. Really want Team Fate to win but its okay. Maaaan i missed Hayate and co tho.

And ohhhhhhhhh Kana Asumi, oh yes.
The world shall know the truth soon.
May 19, 2015 12:43 AM

Mar 2014
I'm a little bit disappointed that they left out the little gem between Megane and Quint.
May 19, 2015 3:28 AM

Apr 2015
MajinAkuma said:
By the way, Vivio is a "shotoclone". (And a literal clone.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h60apLOUbA0
Vivio would be the "Ken", as she mostly a Shoryuken fighter. Spoilers below!

Vivio just love face bashing so much.
A pity it doesn't do much damage.

MajinAkuma said:
Nanoha obviously overdid it already, as Blaster One is already unhealthy for her.

Hmmm, I remember Blaster One is already considered a "stable mode"?
befriend (v.): To violently attack someone with very dangerous and extremely powerful blasts of magical pink light until your target sees the validity of your viewpoint.
May 19, 2015 12:01 PM

Apr 2007
TYxTxYT said:

It's not stable, but it's relatively safe if used for short periods of time. Still, the blaster system is designed to surpass the physical abilities of the user, so it seems unnecessary to use it in a mock battle.
May 19, 2015 2:55 PM

Nov 2013
Killuan said:
TYxTxYT said:

It's not stable, but it's relatively safe if used for short periods of time. Still, the blaster system is designed to surpass the physical abilities of the user, so it seems unnecessary to use it in a mock battle.
maybe nanoha want to keep her dignity, and doesn't want to lose to teana's SLB. lol
May 20, 2015 1:09 PM

Feb 2014
One of the better episodes so far imo. This inter-dimensional magic battle tournament sounds pretty cool. Although with the age limit...does that count when they transform? It seems to me that, when Vivio transforms, she becomes older than 19, but I'm not sure exactly.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 20, 2015 5:39 PM

Apr 2007
Noodle070 said:
One of the better episodes so far imo. This inter-dimensional magic battle tournament sounds pretty cool. Although with the age limit...does that count when they transform? It seems to me that, when Vivio transforms, she becomes older than 19, but I'm not sure exactly.

Her real age is the only thing that matters. Her ability to appear older and gain additional power because of it is one of her skillsets. Similar to how you're able to bring a golem into the tournament if your skill is...controlling a huge golem.
May 21, 2015 8:12 AM

Mar 2014
Noodle070 said:

You can read the DSAA Inter-Middle thread in this forum if you want to know about more details.
Killuan said:

Her real age is the only thing that matters. Her ability to appear older and gain additional power because of it is one of her skillsets. Similar to how you're able to bring a golem into the tournament if your skill is...controlling a huge golem.

That's right. Vivio doesn't become an actual adult/teenager when she transforms; she modifies her body age, but what really matters is the official age.
We don't even know Vivio's real age because she is a clone. And we know that Fate is much younger than 23.
May 21, 2015 9:38 AM

Apr 2015
MajinAkuma said:

And we know that Fate is much younger than 23.

Not really, since Alicia's death is 26 years prior to Season1.
So it is possible that Fate is actually was "grown" into a human being.
May 21, 2015 9:38 AM

Apr 2007
Fate was "born" the same age Alicia was when Alicia died.
If you watched movie 1st, you would see that from the flashbacks. This would make her 19 years old as of Vivid.

However, it's unlikely they factor this into her real age and just go by Alicia's age so she would be right around the same age as Nanoha in Vivid, 23 years old.

Yeah, 25 in Force, but that hasn't happened yet by the Vivid timeline.
KilluanMay 21, 2015 9:45 AM
May 21, 2015 7:06 PM

Feb 2014
MajinAkuma said:
Noodle070 said:

You can read the DSAA Inter-Middle thread in this forum if you want to know about more details.
Killuan said:

That's right. Vivio doesn't become an actual adult/teenager when she transforms; she modifies her body age, but what really matters is the official age.
We don't even know Vivio's real age because she is a clone. And we know that Fate is much younger than 23.

Alright, thanks for the help! Good to have some people familiar with this season share their knowledge! :) And yeah now I can definitely see how transforming into an older person is a skill than an age-limit breaker, thanks! ^^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha ViVid Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2015

58 by Baskarite »»
Nov 26, 2023 7:22 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha ViVid Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2015

31 by Gendolfas »»
Nov 6, 2022 9:23 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha ViVid Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2015

29 by Gendolfas »»
Nov 6, 2022 8:56 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha ViVid Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - May 29, 2015

26 by Gendolfas »»
Nov 6, 2022 8:35 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha ViVid Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 22, 2015

24 by Gendolfas »»
Nov 6, 2022 8:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.