Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
High School DxD (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
May 10, 2015 12:10 PM
Oct 2014
So I've watched High School DxD season 1 and 2, and Im watching season 3 now, and I cant find it in my heart to like Asia. She is just one of those girls thats just in the way. I don't like her art style (by that I mean her hair), I don't like her voice and the way she acts is just so bothersome. I've never really like High School DxD much mainly because of the overly ecchi scenes as it is just too much for me (cant believe I'm still watching it...), and if that wasn't enough this girl Asia makes me want to punch her, like really fuckin hard. Asia takes the cake as most annoying female character I've ever seen tied with that bitch from Seiken Tsukai no world break. Maybe I'm the only one who thinks this way, thats why I would like to hear your opinion on Asia and what you think of her :) Im open for any hate comments from Asia lovers (if you even exist)
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 10, 2015 12:11 PM

Jan 2013
Shes the most useless character and I cried over the fact she didn't die in that scene. Still hope she dies in some way or another.

Shes ugly too
May 10, 2015 12:13 PM

Jan 2011
She's there for the sake of having that type of character, which I don't like.

Sadly, the same could be said for the others, maybe to a lesser degree.
May 10, 2015 12:14 PM
Oct 2014
Couldn't agree more :D
May 10, 2015 12:14 PM

Sep 2013
Well the second half of the new season is all about Asia XD
Good luck with that :)
May 10, 2015 12:27 PM
Oct 2014
God damn it...
May 10, 2015 12:28 PM

Feb 2014
Can't say i hate her, but for me she is the lowest rank on Issei's harem. She just really weird in her own way, and moreover her voice kinda squeky. Nothing good from her except her healing ability that mostly "off-screened" on anime or even LN. So even the only thing she good at was kicked to the side.
May 10, 2015 12:29 PM

Feb 2015
Kaaviken said:
God damn it...

Yes and

May 10, 2015 12:43 PM

Mar 2015
Hmm... I don't really hate her, I just dislike her but not to the point of hate. I think it's because her high pitch voice that's kind of annoying. Her character herself is kind of nice, I think she served as a third wheel between Rias and Issei along with Akeno. Also Asia served as a trigger for Issei, the damsel in distress that can power up Issei when convenient. She also served as a healer in the group, without her the group is in trouble so that's why I don't hate her.

May 10, 2015 12:51 PM

Oct 2013
She's my least favorite character. I honestly never liked her at all.
Kendrick Lamar > your favorite animu
May 10, 2015 12:53 PM
Jul 2018
I can understand someone disliking her because of the archetype os something like that. But if you think she's useless, you didn't read the LNs, if it wasn't for her the ORC would have died multiple times already.

She isn't the only one who cockblocks Ise, Rias did so multiple times in NEW.
May 10, 2015 1:55 PM

May 2014
Klad said:
Shes the most useless character and I cried over the fact she didn't die in that scene. Still hope she dies in some way or another.

Shes ugly too

this. simply cannot stand Asia even though her healing powers are somewhat useful in the series.
May 10, 2015 2:43 PM

Apr 2014
You won't survive without healing.
She is not useless, without Asia, the team would have die in one way or another.
She is in the least rank in Issei harem, but saying she is useless? Well, healer is one of the key to winning.
Hatters ganna hate!
May 10, 2015 8:28 PM

Aug 2014
I don't love Asia nor I hate her.
I also hate this type of character, but Asia is likable :) and 100% sure she is not the most annoying, you watched over 200 anime and u think so?...
Even in Clannad there is one girl more annoying (and it is not Kotomi ;))

Anyway you don't like this type of characters, and I for example hate loli (even more dere loli) they are more annoying.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
May 10, 2015 9:37 PM

Sep 2013
Asia is best girl.

She isn't anywhere close to being a favorite of mine, though I don't hate her. And I'm sure she has her fans out there.
May 10, 2015 11:27 PM

Jul 2013
I don't HATE Asia. I like her OKAY. But she is definitely my least favorite girl.

Of course, the worst character is Gasper. I hate traps.
Omne Solum Forti Patria
May 10, 2015 11:49 PM

Mar 2015
Hraktuus said:
I don't HATE Asia. I like her OKAY. But she is definitely my least favorite girl.

Of course, the worst character is Gasper. I hate traps.

But he have the ability to stop time! That is like the best thing anyone could do! Lol but yeah can't believe they have to make him a trap.

May 11, 2015 4:56 AM

Apr 2010
Don't hate her, but she's not a good character at all and wouldn't be missed if she wasn't there.
May 11, 2015 10:59 AM

Aug 2013
Asia's lowest in my list of best girls, but I don't hate her. I just prefer everyone else. Her healing ability is the entire reason everyone's still alive right now. I want to see more of erotic Asia-chan in the LNs though.
May 11, 2015 1:54 PM

Feb 2013
I do. Annoying bitch.

May 12, 2015 4:21 AM

Jan 2014
Worst female character for sure in hs dxd. Hoping that she will be long gone but still its not like that will ever happen
" I'll find you and fall in love with you all over again " - Asuna
May 12, 2015 4:17 PM

Aug 2014
So anyone is able to point out why you dislike her?
For me it is impossible to dislike any girl in DxD series ;O Their characters were invented very well.

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

May 12, 2015 7:55 PM

Aug 2013
Thyriad-oPPailov said:
So anyone is able to point out why you dislike her?
For me it is impossible to dislike any girl in DxD series ;O Their characters were invented very well.

I don't hate her, but she just doesn't stand out as better than the other girls.
May 12, 2015 9:57 PM
Jul 2018
No. Period.
May 13, 2015 1:55 AM

Dec 2013
I can't say that I am her biggest fan but I don't really hater her.
May 13, 2015 11:24 PM
May 2015
She's an annoying character who makes it difficult to watch DxD! Always cry like a baby and her voice is annoying as hell!
May 14, 2015 7:51 AM
Jan 2015
In my opinion:

Rias>Akeno>Xenovia>Potato>Koneko>Asia.

I kinda liked here in the 1st season because... well i don't know, but now it's like.. stfu already!
May 14, 2015 2:17 PM

Aug 2014
Julian9_ said:

why not carrot or beet? :D

May 14, 2015 5:58 PM
Jan 2015
Thyriad-oPPailov said:
Julian9_ said:

I prefer carrot to potato haha xd
May 14, 2015 7:30 PM

Mar 2015
Julian9_ said:
Thyriad-oPPailov said:

I like banana, don't you like banana?

May 15, 2015 9:31 AM
Jan 2015
DarklordVor said:
Julian9_ said:

I like banana, don't you like banana?

haha yea
May 15, 2015 1:47 PM

Apr 2014
gissellebatista said:
I do. Annoying bitch.

This.

After one/two episodes, it get's annoying with her "ISSEI-KUN" b/s. Just want to watch more character development from other characters like Akeno, Rias or even Xenovia ffs, or just have the story develop, not post-pone the series for a stupid love affair lol.
Insert Signature Here.
May 16, 2015 6:47 AM

Aug 2014
DearlyDie said:
gissellebatista said:
I do. Annoying bitch.

This.

After one/two episodes, it get's annoying with her "ISSEI-KUN" b/s. Just want to watch more character development from other characters like Akeno, Rias or even Xenovia ffs, or just have the story develop, not post-pone the series for a stupid love affair lol.

It is all in light novel story so.. if you don't like it don't watch it :|
They are not filler like in Naruto for example. In DxD they are all important events that together make DxD so perfect.

Why so much hate towards non existing character :d as I said before there are many other anime with more annoying girls than Asia ever could become...

May 17, 2015 4:37 PM
Oct 2014
That makes DxD so perfect?? Dude, thats taking it too far. And sure there are other anime characters more annoying than Asia, but its the duo between Asia, and Issei that makes the whole Asia stuff really annoying. Isseis overprotective acting towards Asia and the way she acts as a wall between Issei and rias, its all super retarded and it makes me angry. You clearly havnt seen enough anime to understand any of this. Hope youre not one of those 15 year old kids whos just watching the show because of the tits...
May 17, 2015 4:46 PM
Jul 2018
Kaaviken said:
That makes DxD so perfect?? Dude, thats taking it too far. And sure there are other anime characters more annoying than Asia, but its the duo between Asia, and Issei that makes the whole Asia stuff really annoying. Isseis overprotective acting towards Asia and the way she acts as a wall between Issei and rias, its all super retarded and it makes me angry. You clearly havnt seen enough anime to understand any of this. Hope youre not one of those 15 year old kids whos just watching the show because of the tits...

You mean in the same way Rias is wall between Ise and the other girls?
May 17, 2015 4:48 PM

Mar 2012

One of the most romantic part in the series.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
May 18, 2015 9:00 AM
Oct 2014
AverageFanboy said:
Kaaviken said:

Well it is (or was atleast) 99% that it was rias and issei. Asia is just interfering with every single thing rias and issei do to the point where its annoying for me to watch. None of the other girls in his harem does
this, neither rias, apart from akeno, because they have this war going on between them. And thats cool, thats normal for a harem show right? But Asia just copies, and copies, and copies every single move rias does. Rias sleeps naked in bed, Asia wanna too, rias makes issei touch tits, Asia wanna too, YOU SEE WHERE IM GOING WITH THIS.
And rias is not at all acting as a wall between anyone (apart from akeno sometimes), everyone has their chance at issei, she doesnt stop them. But thats different with Asia because she hardly makes a move on issei, not before others does it first, and its annoying. And in that sense, she is acting as a wall and thats especially when rias is involved.

Sorry if thing got a little overheated here, but i get a little annoyed at girls like that (especially since i love romance anime and girls in the way of the main character of the main characters makes me angry)

Damn, cant believe you made me write all this... :P
May 18, 2015 9:03 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
She's probably the most useless girl in it yeah
May 18, 2015 9:54 AM
Jul 2018
Kaaviken said:
AverageFanboy said:

Well it is (or was atleast) 99% that it was rias and issei. Asia is just interfering with every single thing rias and issei do to the point where its annoying for me to watch. None of the other girls in his harem does
this, neither rias, apart from akeno, because they have this war going on between them. And thats cool, thats normal for a harem show right? But Asia just copies, and copies, and copies every single move rias does. Rias sleeps naked in bed, Asia wanna too, rias makes issei touch tits, Asia wanna too, YOU SEE WHERE IM GOING WITH THIS.
And rias is not at all acting as a wall between anyone (apart from akeno sometimes), everyone has their chance at issei, she doesnt stop them. But thats different with Asia because she hardly makes a move on issei, not before others does it first, and its annoying. And in that sense, she is acting as a wall and thats especially when rias is involved.

Sorry if thing got a little overheated here, but i get a little annoyed at girls like that (especially since i love romance anime and girls in the way of the main character of the main characters makes me angry)

Damn, cant believe you made me write all this... :P

Asia liked Ise far before anyone did and moved in with him far before Rias and the others. Of course she doesn't want them to get too close to him before she does.

And if you think Rias lets the others do whatever they want you're watching a completely different series. She stopped Akeno at least 2 or 3 times in NEW, Xenovia once in NEW too, and Akeno again in BorN's first episode. She's not fine with the other girls doing whatever they want at all. She only let Akeno go in a date with Ise because she wanted to tell him about her past.
May 18, 2015 11:13 AM

Aug 2014
Kaaviken said:

I didn't say this is only reason why DxD is perfect.
And no I am not 15 years old and I even read the light novel so no I don't watch it for oppai, but I like that part too.
That wall you are talking about is important for plot, but I don't think it is big wall, Rias is winning anyway and they share Issei. She copies everyone because she was nun she don't know "the love game", but isn't it cute instead of annoying that she tries so hard?

May 18, 2015 3:33 PM
Oct 2014
Jesus this has turned into a mess.. Well then first to you AverageFanboy guy, as i mentioned before, Akeno was the only girl Rias kinda stopped when it came to the Issei romance (cant really remember that Xenovia time, maybe because it was ONE time). Too me Asia just feels like a supporting character (even though she's not) trying really hard to become the main. And Asia doesnt even try to get close to Issei except when others do. Sure Asia moved in with issei before anyone, but even if she did Rias and Issei had a much closer relationship, and Issei just has a strong sense of protection for Asia, there is no mutual love what so ever. I think Asia is the one furthest away from Issei in terms of romance, but because she is ignorant and stupid she doesnt understand this.

And then to you Thyriad-oPPailov, im sure ur not 15 years old (just made my point come out better), and you are probably right about some stuff, but I cant find it in my heart to like Asia. I dont like weak, fragile women who is most of the time just in the way, but maybe you do and that I respect. This is just one opinion against another. Btw I dont think anyone knows the "love game" until they are truly in love with someone, which rias, akeno, asia nor anyone else has been.
May 18, 2015 4:20 PM
Jul 2018
Kaaviken said:
Jesus this has turned into a mess.. Well then first to you AverageFanboy guy, as i mentioned before, Akeno was the only girl Rias kinda stopped when it came to the Issei romance (cant really remember that Xenovia time, maybe because it was ONE time). Too me Asia just feels like a supporting character (even though she's not) trying really hard to become the main. And Asia doesnt even try to get close to Issei except when others do. Sure Asia moved in with issei before anyone, but even if she did Rias and Issei had a much closer relationship, and Issei just has a strong sense of protection for Asia, there is no mutual love what so ever. I think Asia is the one furthest away from Issei in terms of romance, but because she is ignorant and stupid she doesnt understand this.

And then to you Thyriad-oPPailov, im sure ur not 15 years old (just made my point come out better), and you are probably right about some stuff, but I cant find it in my heart to like Asia. I dont like weak, fragile women who is most of the time just in the way, but maybe you do and that I respect. This is just one opinion against another. Btw I dont think anyone knows the "love game" until they are truly in love with someone, which rias, akeno, asia nor anyone else has been.

There was no relationship whatsoever between Ise and Rias until the end of Season 1. She just thought of him as a younger guy who's overly honest until then. Nothing more.

Ise loves Asia more than he does Akeno or Koneko at this point, but because of how he feels responsible for her death and stuff, he feels guilty about it. So yeah, he does love her.

Asia knows absolutely nothing about how to get close to someone aside from what Kiryu tells her, and like others said, she was a nun and a Holy Maiden before. None of the other girls were sheltered away from the concept of relationship except for Xenovia and she doesn't know the true meaning behind her actions.

And her "being only in the way" would mean that she brings absolutely nothing to Ise's life. She does. She's so important to him that he'd very likely lose the will to live if she died for real. He'd rather continue like a virgin forever than not having her by his side while being able to have sex with every hot chick in the world.

Plus, her healing ability is something not only rare, but she's better than most (if not the best period) with it specifically because of her good nature. This nonsense of "healers are useless" is too pathetic to be an argument.
removed-userMay 18, 2015 4:35 PM
May 18, 2015 4:58 PM

Jan 2009
She's my least liked character, but i still like her.
May 18, 2015 5:01 PM

May 2015
She's a very valuable Healbot.

Healbot doesn't have a feeling, so she's not a character.

If she's not a character, she cannot be hated.

Sorry guys, I'm just indifferent over my OTP of Issei and Gasper
May 19, 2015 9:50 AM

Aug 2013
Kaaviken said:

Dunno if it'll be this season or next, but Rias stops Koneko as well. It'll be more clear in S4 but she doesn't want any of the girls getting too close to him until she gets what she wants.

Btw, they are in love with him. Tf you talking about? Unless you meant being in love before Issei but fuck that.
May 19, 2015 12:02 PM
Oct 2014
Gary29 said:
Kaaviken said:

Dunno if it'll be this season or next, but Rias stops Koneko as well. It'll be more clear in S4 but she doesn't want any of the girls getting too close to him until she gets what she wants.

Btw, they are in love with him. Tf you talking about? Unless you meant being in love before Issei but fuck that.

Oh yeah I ment before Issei, my bad ( I wrote has been though but ok, was a bad formulation of words). But comon Rias hardly does anything to stop koneko. That cat does what ever she wants to Issei. Most of the time its just Akeno against Rias. But right now there is no doubt that Rias has the stronger feelings for him.

Im writing alot about why I dont like Asia here because I much more prefer Rias over her. And when Asia and issei acts all lovey dovey in some weird way it makes me kinda hate Asia even more (cant say I love Issei either as a main). When you dont like someone from the start of an anime, its kinda hard to love them later on as the show goes on
KaavikenMay 19, 2015 12:10 PM
May 19, 2015 1:33 PM

Aug 2013
Kaaviken said:
Gary29 said:

Oh yeah I ment before Issei, my bad ( I wrote has been though but ok, was a bad formulation of words). But comon Rias hardly does anything to stop koneko. That cat does what ever she wants to Issei. Most of the time its just Akeno against Rias. But right now there is no doubt that Rias has the stronger feelings for him.

Im writing alot about why I dont like Asia here because I much more prefer Rias over her. And when Asia and issei acts all lovey dovey in some weird way it makes me kinda hate Asia even more (cant say I love Issei either as a main). When you dont like someone from the start of an anime, its kinda hard to love them later on as the show goes on

Up until now there hasn't been anything with Koneko to "stop". There will be later on, but right now the biggest rivalry is indeed Rias and Akeno. Although I have to disagree about Rias loving him the most; at this point it's more the opposite, with Issei loving her the most.

You'll come to love Issei next season. About Asia & Rias, you don't have to love her, but you need to realize that this is a harem. A real harem, not "Rias wins". He gets into relationships with all of the girls, including Asia, and you'll need to accept that.

...If you can't, well, after the first half of S4 you'll get very, very little Asia x Issei for quite a while.
May 19, 2015 2:54 PM
Oct 2014
Gary29 said:
Kaaviken said:

Up until now there hasn't been anything with Koneko to "stop". There will be later on, but right now the biggest rivalry is indeed Rias and Akeno. Although I have to disagree about Rias loving him the most; at this point it's more the opposite, with Issei loving her the most.

You'll come to love Issei next season. About Asia & Rias, you don't have to love her, but you need to realize that this is a harem. A real harem, not "Rias wins". He gets into relationships with all of the girls, including Asia, and you'll need to accept that.

...If you can't, well, after the first half of S4 you'll get very, very little Asia x Issei for quite a while.

Well I appreciate your answer and opinions. I will certainly put everything you have said into consideration. But for now, lets just agree to disagree on some points though it seems like you have a better understanding of whats going on than I have (considering that you have read the manga, and that you like the anime so much^^)
May 19, 2015 2:59 PM

Apr 2014
I never actually liked her and yeah she can be annoying sometimes.
May 23, 2015 3:50 AM

Apr 2008
Kaaviken said:
Gary29 said:

Well I appreciate your answer and opinions. I will certainly put everything you have said into consideration. But for now, lets just agree to disagree on some points though it seems like you have a better understanding of whats going on than I have (considering that you have read the manga, and that you like the anime so much^^)

He reads the novels which are far ahead of both Manga and Anime. He knows his DxD better than most
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 16, 2015

144 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 10, 11:00 AM

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2015

135 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 10, 9:51 AM

» The last three episodes are filler

5hyguy - Feb 24

16 by adityakush_477 »»
Mar 28, 12:10 AM

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

341 by The_proxD138 »»
Jan 1, 3:54 PM

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2015

175 by DoryWinter »»
Nov 22, 2023 2:19 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.