Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (27) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 16, 2015 9:42 AM

Aug 2010
F***!!! D:
Being Lancer is so much suffering T^T
Even when killing himself he does it with style. Plz KILL Kirei before u disappear :P
Kirei of UBW is worst Kirei :/

Shinji feeling up Rin was....
At least we got a nice few of her thighs :L
Best moment was definitely Lancer Punching him in the face! So satisfying :D

DAT EMIYA!!!!!
May 16, 2015 9:44 AM

Mar 2015
Shinji got rkt ;p
many flashbacks...a bit too late imo and I don't like the idea of an Archer fb tbh.And why does he have red hair?Ufo pls...
Another opportunity to characterize Shirou wasted.
EMIYA ost hell yeah!!
Lancer tho :/
You gotta love Kirei ;D
The preview for next week doesn't look promising at all.
_HeroKenzan_May 16, 2015 11:18 AM
May 16, 2015 9:48 AM

Nov 2013
astroprogs said:
About next episode being inside UBW, it seems like Nasu was the one behind that alteration in Deen's UBW as well.
Source?

And his excuse?
May 16, 2015 9:50 AM

Aug 2014
About next episode being inside UBW, it seems like Nasu was the one behind that alteration in Deen's UBW as well.

I'll believe it when I see a source.
May 16, 2015 9:50 AM

Aug 2010
GARBrotato said:
astroprogs said:
Source?

And his excuse?

Oh no, that was me guessing, not stating it as a fact.

It'd make sense, though. Maybe he liked it like how he liked "Overedge" from Deen's TV series.
astroprogsMay 16, 2015 9:54 AM
May 16, 2015 9:51 AM

Jun 2014
So no one's gonna attempt to justify the screw-up with ArcherShirou's hair? EXCELLENT.
May 16, 2015 9:53 AM

Oct 2014
I think we established to ignore Miura and complain about the episode directors instead?

This episode (#19) was directed by Yusuke Maruyama who also directed #10 and #11

Next episode (#20) will be directed by Takashi Suhara, who also directed #2, #7 and #14
Mar 2014
GARBrotato said:
astroprogs said:
Source?

And his excuse?

Knowing nasu he probably liked the way Deen did it lol

Sep 2014
damastah said:
So no one's gonna attempt to justify the screw-up with ArcherShirou's hair? EXCELLENT.

I don't think it was stated in the VN if he had white hair or not...

And it's AU. They can do whatever they want, as long as it's based on UBW.
The sun is a deadly laser
May 16, 2015 9:56 AM

Aug 2010
Grey-Zone said:

Next episode (#20) will be directed by Takashi Suhara, who also directed #2, #7 and #14

That's... not a good sign...

mira-nyan said:

Yeah, but it'd have looked awesome AND still be accurate. I can't see why they didn't go for it.
May 16, 2015 9:57 AM

Sep 2014
astroprogs said:
Grey-Zone said:

That's... not a good sign...

mira-nyan said:

Yeah, but it'd have looked awesome AND still be accurate. I can't see why they didn't go for it.
mira-nyan said:

They might have also wanted to make it painfully obvious who Archer is.

Idk and I'm not even gonna try to justify it. Like I said, it's AU.

And they used Shirou's VA for that scene.

Oct 2014
damastah said:

According to BL it has somethig to do with Fate/Extra. Something about a nuclear facility's radiation.

Jun 2014
mira-nyan said:
damastah said:

Nice try.
May 16, 2015 9:59 AM

Oct 2014
Grey-Zone said:

Welp RIP episode 20.
May 16, 2015 10:00 AM

Aug 2014
Grey-Zone said:

lol
May 16, 2015 10:00 AM

Sep 2014
Grey-Zone said:
damastah said:

According to BL it has somethig to do with Fate/Extra. Something about a nuclear facility's radiation.

It's not tho

A said:
IIRC, in EXTRA, you can jokingly ask if he got his tan from the nuclear incident. He says no.
May 16, 2015 10:02 AM

Feb 2015
Grey-Zone said:

OMG....its happening!!!!!!
May 16, 2015 10:03 AM

Mar 2013
Grey-Zone said:
damastah said:

The main character just tease Archer about it and Archer is annoyed to hell.

Oct 2014
Main complaints about his directing:

#2: Yorokobe shounen underplayed

#7: Lack of "I don't want to be a burden to him", too vague demonstration that Shirou pushed himself off a rock to dodge Archer's second attack

#14: Caster's mythological backstory missing

Well let's say I am not surprised about the pessimism, since I did not really feel affected by those point, but I understand why those who did are very sceptical about #20.

Dec 2014
Grey-Zone said:

So, Rin butt wiggling + Dodgeable Tsubame + Caster flashback = ???

Can't wait(I'm not even being sarcastic).
May 16, 2015 10:04 AM

Sep 2014
damastah said:
mira-nyan said:

Nice try.

#Notevenlying
May 16, 2015 10:04 AM
Jul 2012
mira-nyan said:

Well, it seems that it's true no one is going to justify this blatant mistake this time. They could've used 1 minute of time to show him practicing his projection and then jumped to one of his friends in the future commenting that his hair is getting more white while stating his name. That should help in making it painfully obvious who he is.

But yeah, this adaptation is AU. It's more enjoyable if you think of it that way. There is no going back now. Just watch/read Shokugeki no Soma instead. No inconsistencies and the Anime does it justice. It's fun to watch and it is epic even without actual battles. The Elite Ten revealed themselves in the latest chapter too. Let's just take this adaptation with a grain of salt and just watch it to the end.
May 16, 2015 10:06 AM

Aug 2010
What even is their criteria for choosing an episode director?
Ep 2 was the exposition and world building episode.
Ep 7 was purely an action episode.
Ep 14 was the flashback episode.

Ep 20 will be a part of the series's final climax.

They have absolutely nothing in common.

Jan 2014
Jesus mega ep 7.
Please next Sunday come faster!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You will soon learn that a heart that choose to exist, even in a life filled with pain, will one day allow us to meet again.
With the world's blessings, we will meet again and again, forever returning to the homeworld we've yet to see.
Many, many times.

Dec 2014
Samhiuy said:

But yeah, this adaptation is AU. It's more enjoyable if you think of it that way. There is no going back now. Just watch/read Shokugeki no Soma instead. No inconsistencies and the Anime does it justice. It's fun to watch and it is epic even without actual battles. The Elite Ten revealed themselves in the latest chapter too. Let's just take this adaptation with a grain of salt and just watch it to the end.

How can you even say that! In no way there's a show better adapted than UBW2014.
May 16, 2015 10:08 AM

Sep 2014
Samhiuy said:
mira-nyan said:

Well, it seems that it's true no one is going to justify this blatant mistake this time. They could've used 1 minute of time to show him practicing his projection and then jumped to one of his friends in the future commenting that his hair is getting more white while stating his name. That should help in making it painfully obvious who he is.

Exactly. Don't judge it on how bad an adaptation it is; you should be happy that we get to see another timeline of UBW. ~.~
May 16, 2015 10:09 AM

Oct 2014
GradationAir said:
Samhiuy said:

How can you even say that! In no way there's a show better adapted than UBW2014.

Who said that?
May 16, 2015 10:17 AM

Jul 2009
EMIYA - UBW2015 does not sound that good too me :
bruh
May 16, 2015 10:17 AM

Apr 2015
so they are going to fight in the UBW b/c it looks cool?

inb4 all we get from shirou is "IT WASN'T A MISTAKE!!!!"
all other archers pale in comparison.
May 16, 2015 10:18 AM

Jul 2013
Grey-Zone said:
damastah said:

http://i.imgur.com/jLnHC5f.png
It does look like a facility but I don't think it is.

Maybe we see more Archer's flashback next episode about his hair and skin.
May 16, 2015 10:18 AM

Jul 2013
I actually liked the episode, my only real complain is Archer´s skin and hair color, but then again, it wasnt specified in the VN either, remember that his story is mostly known for being to vague outside of "Future screwed up Shirou"

...........What? someone had to be defense
no
May 16, 2015 10:21 AM

Jul 2007
Guilek said:
Grey-Zone said:

we see him with red hair at the start of ep which what looks like the contract happening.

That makes no fucking sense. Because at this point of his life he should be white haired and tanned already.
May 16, 2015 10:22 AM

Oct 2014
In the end we don't know when white hair started and and what point he made the contract. Who knows when ArcherShirou even got aware of his RM in the first place...

That he already had white hair... when he made the contract... wasn't that speculation?

And it seems he was "slower" than
in that regard.
May 16, 2015 10:23 AM

Jul 2010
No fight yet, but I liked how they animated Archer's past. Leaving that cliffhanger with Lancer apparently dead was great too
オタクなんじゃねぃよ
I'm not an otaku.
May 16, 2015 10:23 AM

Jul 2013
Grey-Zone said:
In the end we don't know when white hair started and and what point he made the contract. Who knows when ArcherShirou even got aware of his RM in the first place...

That he already had white hair... when he made the contract... wasn't that speculation?

I actually always assumed he realized about his RM after death
no
May 16, 2015 10:24 AM

Aug 2010
The casting of UBW is really tricky IMO. On one hand it can serve as a very powerful and symbolic background to the confrontation. On the other, it adds consistencies the story didn't need, looking at the future events.

Casting UBW is VERY taxing, so Nasu will need to expand on his explanation from the CM, or it'll be even more of an absurd asspull.
May 16, 2015 10:24 AM

Jul 2013
CookingPriest said:
Guilek said:

we see him with red hair at the start of ep which what looks like the contract happening.

That makes no fucking sense. Because at this point of his life he should be white haired and tanned already.

So they changed that, he will have that later in the anime and I don't really care personally.
May 16, 2015 10:26 AM
Aug 2012
Grey-Zone said:

And it seems he was "slower" than
in that regard.

Does the appearance of CGs change over time or something? I am curious.

May 16, 2015 10:27 AM

Aug 2014
Grey-Zone said:

That is not what was said on BL, they just mentioned another Nuclear facility comment from F/E. And Archer responding with no if asked if his tan and hair were caused by that. And that what was in the episode looked like a nuclear facility.
May 16, 2015 10:28 AM

Aug 2010
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

No, their bodies are clones from the original in the Throne of Heroes.
No matter what happens to the clone, the next copy will be unchanged.
May 16, 2015 10:28 AM

Feb 2015
also another plothole shouldnt shinji die with that attack i mean B strength
May 16, 2015 10:29 AM

May 2013
I realize this might be an unpopular opinion, but I hate what Saber does here. Instead of going to help her master, she just stays with Shirou just to watch even though she won't even lend a hand... Really? Her master was kidnapped and is in a very bad situation and as we can see, this leads into Lancer's death as well.

It honestly felt like Saber just used Rin as a tool to gain mana and doesn't give half a shit about her otherwise. It really feels like it totally goes against Saber's character and I cannot approve of what she is doing here at all. She should feel some thankfulness for being able to save Shirou and get her powers back at least, no? It feels incredibly selfish of her to not lend a hand for her master.

More and more reasons why Saber's one of my least favorite characters.

xShigarakix said:

It wasn't meant to kill ;S That looked like a full power strike?
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
May 16, 2015 10:30 AM

Aug 2014
xShigarakix said:

>Block Leysritt
pls, Shinji is too good to die from that
And you know, there's no way either of them put their full strength to use against him
May 16, 2015 10:30 AM
Aug 2012
astroprogs said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

So Archer is supposed to have white hair before he died and became a CG right?

Why are people making excuse for this mistake again?

May 16, 2015 10:31 AM

Aug 2010
ijuka said:
I realize this might be an unpopular opinion, but I hate what Saber does here. Instead of going to help her master, she just stays with Shirou just to watch even though she won't even lend a hand... Really? Her master was kidnapped and is in a very bad situation and as we can see, this leads into Lancer's death as well.

It honestly felt like Saber just used Rin as a tool to gain mana and doesn't give half a shit about her otherwise. It really feels like it totally goes against Saber's character and I cannot approve of what she is doing here at all. She should feel some thankfulness for being able to save Shirou and get her powers back at least, no? It feels incredibly selfish of her to not lend a hand for her master.

Maybe she thought that if Rin was in danger, she'd summon her via a CS.
Too bad Rin had temporary amnesia. >_>
May 16, 2015 10:31 AM

Oct 2014
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

Because "when he made contract" =/= "when he died".
May 16, 2015 10:32 AM

May 2013
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
astroprogs said:

Believe excessive magic usage changes your hair / skin color, something like that. Doesn't really matter. It would be boring if he looked exactly like Shirou and there was no mystery.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
May 16, 2015 10:33 AM

Aug 2010
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

Pretty much.
May 16, 2015 10:34 AM

Jul 2013
Grey-Zone said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

Because "when he made contract" =/= "when he died".

Yeah and he speaks about his death in the episode, two completly different events.
May 16, 2015 10:35 AM

May 2013
astroprogs said:
ijuka said:

Maybe she thought that if Rin was in danger, she'd summon her via a CS.
Too bad Rin had temporary amnesia. >_>

Hm. Do you need to lift your hand up to use one, then?
Pages (27) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1557 by Swatheesh123 »»
Apr 9, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 13, 2015

1574 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 17, 2015

1448 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:40 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1282 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 16, 7:01 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 20, 2015

1400 by yashoshi69 »»
Feb 7, 6:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.