Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 4, 2016 12:24 AM

Sep 2014
cartoonartist said:
how did those giants breathe while they were 'frozen' ? what kind of logic is that where a demon is supposed to be stronger than a god as it is hinted right now. it wasn't said directly though but it's usual that in an shonen anime the enemies get stronger as the series progresses- this in return would mean that a 'demon' slayer is more powerful than a 'god' slayer.

First of all, we don't know what gods are in the fairy tail universe. It's certainly possible that they are not the mightiest creatures in the universe. In fantasy, gods mostly have god-like abilities but aren't all-mighty, because there wouldn't be the need of multiple gods if they were. As examples I'll throw in the Guild Wars universe and the Elves (Bernhard Hennen) universe. In both, creatures are called gods, yet more powerful creatures still exist.

Another point is, as I said earlier, that "slaying magic" seems to be some kind of hardcounter system. Someone who slayed a god with his Godslayer magic might be weaker than someone with Demonslayer magic who killed a demon, even if the god was more powerful than the demon.
May 4, 2016 3:19 AM

Feb 2016
Miragee said:
cartoonartist said:
how did those giants breathe while they were 'frozen' ? what kind of logic is that where a demon is supposed to be stronger than a god as it is hinted right now. it wasn't said directly though but it's usual that in an shonen anime the enemies get stronger as the series progresses- this in return would mean that a 'demon' slayer is more powerful than a 'god' slayer.

First of all, we don't know what gods are in the fairy tail universe. It's certainly possible that they are not the mightiest creatures in the universe. In fantasy, gods mostly have god-like abilities but aren't all-mighty, because there wouldn't be the need of multiple gods if they were. As examples I'll throw in the Guild Wars universe and the Elves (Bernhard Hennen) universe. In both, creatures are called gods, yet more powerful creatures still exist.

Another point is, as I said earlier, that "slaying magic" seems to be some kind of hardcounter system. Someone who slayed a god with his Godslayer magic might be weaker than someone with Demonslayer magic who killed a demon, even if the god was more powerful than the demon.

that's kind of irritating because being a 'god' actually means being all mighty that's why someone or something with any flaw in it cannot call himself a god because this would be a contradiction in itself but i see what you're getting at.
May 4, 2016 1:42 PM

Sep 2014
cartoonartist said:
Miragee said:

that's kind of irritating because being a 'god' actually means being all mighty that's why someone or something with any flaw in it cannot call himself a god because this would be a contradiction in itself but i see what you're getting at.

Nah that isn't true. Being a God doesn't necessarily mean being all-mighty. In some religions it does, in others not so much.
Jul 21, 2016 11:33 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Incredible episode. Awesome action and great emotion, plus a load of plot development.

My only issues with the past arc so far is the unnecessary 5 minutes of recap of the previous episode. It gets old real quick.

I'd love for Gray to get demon slayer magic, that would be so cool.
Sep 6, 2016 11:19 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Atlas Flame Dragon, suprise!!!!!

Demon-slayer frozen the town, second suprise!!!!

Zerof, end book, revelations, third suprise!!!
Sep 15, 2016 7:04 AM

Jan 2016
shit that was something, Good to see Atlas flame tho.. you will be forever missed...
As he saved the Sun village. Natsu made some bird steak! xD
Minerva vs Ezra will continue!

Overall great episode.
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Feb 25, 2017 4:19 PM
Jan 2017
Its now 7+ solid minutes of recaps and themes, so the episodes are down to about 17 minutes.

Its a bit ridiculous, I guess they are trying to stretch the arc out.
Jun 22, 2017 1:43 PM

May 2012
Very awesome development, especially that ending! Didn't expect that eternal flame would be the Dragon: Atlas Flame.
Jul 15, 2017 12:59 PM

Jul 2009
So we have new enemies to worry about...
Nov 19, 2017 1:58 AM

Sep 2012
Awesome episode.......
Feb 2, 2018 3:07 AM

May 2016
Never look up of any anime Wikipedias I get spoiled every fucking time, I have been spoiled like 90% of fairy tail.
Feb 18, 2018 9:05 AM

Sep 2017
Pretty good arc, and first mention of END which I've had spoiler warnings about, so no more FT wiki for me
Feb 27, 2018 4:25 AM
Dec 2017
owah.. nice ep !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 5, 2018 7:17 AM

Jan 2014
so Natsu finally learn about himself. wait, I mean END.
so he's going to search for himself for the time being.

and That Demon Slayer, Silver. is it just me or it's sounds like Gray relative?
Mar 1, 2019 10:15 AM

Oct 2013
Man, with all the super klvt "I've never heard and/or read about this strange ancient magic before!" magic that the FT crew keeps bumbling into, you'd think they'd come to expect it. Like, "Ah, shit, there's another one."

And the pseudolewd silhouettes in the ED, including of minor background characters no1cur about... Fairy Tail sure knows its strengths, lol.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Aug 27, 2020 5:19 AM

May 2018
Atlas Flame is back! For like 2 minutes rip
Jul 12, 2022 2:56 PM

May 2020
Wait this arc is over? LOL. 14 minutes of content for the past 6-7 episode and that's it. Not even making me laugh this time.

>Devil slayer
>E.N.D

Yeah.. fuck those people who spoiled me.
Jul 24, 2022 7:12 PM
Feb 2022
El pueblo ha vuelto a la normalidad. Flare esta feliz, y Natsu se reencontró con Atlas Flame. Todo termino bien.
Aug 15, 2023 12:55 PM
Feb 2021
there is fr TOO many titties bro... tf
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» animation

0megaH - Feb 28, 2022

12 by Cristiano456 »»
Apr 4, 7:19 PM

» Why the hate ( 1 2 )

StrayDogYato - May 13, 2021

50 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Mar 26, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2014

107 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2014

136 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2014

121 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.