Forum Settings
Forums

+1/Like/Upvote/Thumbs Up System For Posts

Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Poll: What do you think of this idea?

May 8, 2015 9:24 PM

A +1 feature seems like it just makes the poster feel better about themselves, and that's just it. I doubt it'll 'fix' all the +1 posts entirely. It'd just be... a feature. It doesn't really add or detract anything.

May 8, 2015 10:31 PM

I don't care about upvoting. I wanna be able to downvote people though D:
Proud founder of the 20+ virgins club.

Please visit my manga blog for manga updates and more!

Mup da doo didda po mo muhfuggen bix nood

^ Need someone who can translate this. Pm me pls.

May 9, 2015 4:54 AM

I think what could make this system more fair, is a limit to it.

Say, you could only +1 3 posts a week or something, that'd make you a lot more hesitant to just +1 everything you see, and more acknowledge the funniest or most insightful posts that come up. The less you have to work with, the more thought you gotta put into the use of it, you know?

May 9, 2015 4:55 AM
Hug Addict <3

Because it's a retarded feature

Pls no

A cuddle a day keeps the pouting away~
"Holding hands is just the first step to getting pregnant"

May 9, 2015 5:18 AM
I would support it kinda like the idea.

I agree on a limit tho, so that you won't just spam +1

May 9, 2015 8:01 AM

I don't like "+1" votes but I don't really like quote towers either so I'm torn.

May 9, 2015 8:01 AM

IntroverTurtle said:
j0x said:
the abuse im thinking of with this system is that the old users or group of friends for example just +1 their topics in order to get more bragging rights like someone already mention
Well then if someone brags about their like count nobody will take them that seriously, the same as now when someone brags about their post count.
pretty much this

why would you even care if other people are bragging about their circlejerks? its happening already everywhere, and frankly the bragging rights just doesnt happen as common as youd think. im on a forum already and there are def circlejerks giving each other ton of likes, but that means literally nothing to other people and if anything, it just makes their circlejerk more obvious which can have negative effects of how "likeable" they are as well

as for a limit, prob limit it +1 once a day or something to the same user, so people cant literally spam the same guy just cuz he makes 100 posts a day

May 9, 2015 8:09 AM

Actually now that I think about it, I'm totally for this as long as there's no "total point" counter. The +1 feature would kill wasteful quote towers and people won't have an incentive to spam retard one-liners for the sake of point farming if there's no total counter to it.

May 9, 2015 9:04 AM

j0x said:
im also against showing the post count in the forums anyway, or even remove the post count in the forums entirely so that everyone will be on equal footing, even the joined date is not needed on the forums since you can see it on the profile section anyway
Oh Lets not forget to remove:
Anime stats.
Anime List Views.
Manga List Views.
Review Upvotes: since people could brag about how helpful it is. Etc.
Favorites: superior tastes anyone?
Gender; since someone can brag that they are male and not female. Etc.
About me: Since users can brag about their awesomeness.
Comments counter: look at all those comments Hurr durr.

Either That Jox.. Or you can stop being insecure.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.

May 9, 2015 5:05 PM

They did the +1 system on another forum I frequented along with a Agree/Disagree/Like/LOL feature that was abused like 2 minutes after it was introduced. I don't think we need this feature on here. It's easily abused.

May 9, 2015 5:06 PM

Hmm this is a good idea, but only if it comes with a few other things implemented:

1: Make sure that someones total point amount CAN'T GO BELOW 0 otherwise you'd have trolls/shitposters whos goal would be to have the highest negative number.

2: Option to hide the points each post/person has, so you aren't influenced by them, and only by the contents of the post.

3: Have a "Hide posts with -10 points or less" option in profile settings. the number here is completely arbitrary. The staff could change it to something higher or lower, or they could let the users set the threshhold value themselves somewhere in profile settings.
Kenjataimu mode status: 恒久

May 9, 2015 5:22 PM

Barnald said:
azzuRe said:
It did not encourage people to post their own opinion and make debates prone to be weighted more on upvotes than actual argument. It is also promotes circlejerking, and it's redundant, it adds nothing to the original post.

Pretty much my opinion about likes, and +1

and this is pretty much why I voted no. I know quite some websites where this is implanted and not all of them are exactly bad but it also depends on the community....
Either way, I would rather have the forum as it is
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH

May 9, 2015 5:42 PM

Rasco said:
j0x said:
im also against showing the post count in the forums anyway, or even remove the post count in the forums entirely so that everyone will be on equal footing, even the joined date is not needed on the forums since you can see it on the profile section anyway
Anime stats.
Anime List Views.
Manga List Views.

What? This is sarcasm, right? Please tell me it is. Either way, I'll take a swing at it since I have no clue.

From all the time I've had to look at the forum each day, and even more so since becoming a mod, the only time Favorites come into play is when someone says "This anime is crap" and vise versa.

Point redundant by me. Yes, I do see this a lot.

What? I've never heard people brag about their About me's in CD/AD/Series, etc., have you? If so, any proof?

The same goes for comments. The only time I've seen that go into play is in clubs when people were comparing. And the whole review stuff doesn't even go into play here. That stuff isn't checked periodically to a user—lots of people don't even know X user makes a review.

*The Bold stuff is some of the stuff I would agree with that people use a lot.*

Posts. Here you go, one thing that actually is something related to as a daily basis. I've seen this plenty of times "Congratz on 1000/200, etc." post.

Gender... Let's not even go there. (Since I see it too much).

But as for all these other points you've made are literally not worth mentioning.

As for j0x, join date is fine. If you want to see peoples join date without having to click on their profile... This is quite helpful for mods as well, so yeah.

Edit: Made it more clear and edited some misunderstandings out that may come across as so.
Modified by Tyrel, May 9, 2015 8:56 PM

May 9, 2015 5:49 PM

Tyrel said:

As for j0x, join date is fine. If you want to see peoples join date without having to click on their profile... This is quite helpful for mods as well, so yeah.
So are you saying that mods are biased about join dates?

Do older people get special immunity, or are you more stern with them because "they should know the rules by now"?

May 9, 2015 5:52 PM

Tyrel said:
Rasco said:
Anime stats.
Anime List Views.
Manga List Views.

What? This is sarcasm, right? Please tell me it is. Either way, I'll take a swing at it since I have no clue.

From all the time I've had to look at the forum each day, and even more so since becoming a mod, the only time Favorites come into play is when someone says "This anime is crap" and vise versa. What? I've never heard people brag about their About me's in CD/AD/Series, etc., have you? If so, any proof?

The same goes for comments. The only time I've seen that go into play is in clubs when people were comparing. And the whole review stuff doesn't even go into play here. That stuff isn't checked periodically to a user—lots of people don't even know X user makes a review.

Gender... Let's not even go there. Holy moly, man. All these points you've made have literally ZERO stuff related to the FORUM.

Posts. Here you go, one thing that actually is something related to as a daily basis. I've seen this plenty of times "Congratz on 1000/200, etc." post.

His point is people can brag about them just like people can brag about post count or join date so if j0x wants to remove post count and join date because they can be used to brag then all the others should be taken away too.

May 9, 2015 5:52 PM

Kenjataimu said:
Tyrel said:

So are you saying that mods are biased about join dates?

Do older people get special immunity, or are you more stern with them because "they should know the rules by now"?
Where did you get "Mods are biased about join dates" from? I basically said "Seeing the join dates on the forums is perfectly fine and there's nothing wrong with it." Not to mention that it helps us mods know if a poster just made this account to shitpost, troll, etc.

IntroverTurtle said:
Tyrel said:

From all the time I've had to look at the forum each day, and even more so since becoming a mod, the only time Favorites come into play is when someone says "This anime is crap" and vise versa. What? I've never heard people brag about their About me's in CD/AD/Series, etc., have you? If so, any proof?

Gender... Let's not even go there. Holy moly, man. All these points you've made have literally ZERO stuff related to the FORUM.

His point is people can brag about them just like people can brag about post count or join date so if j0x wants to remove post count and join date because they can be used to brag then all the others should be taken away too.
I know what point he's trying to make, but he used a lot of irrelevant type of "points" to do so.

May 9, 2015 5:53 PM

Tyrel said:
Rasco said:
Anime stats.
Anime List Views.
Manga List Views.

I was referring to bragging. As Jox mentions it as a reason for things to be removed.

And Lol You've never seen someone say LOGH Makes you Elitist putting it on the favs??? Where have you been??

And yes Comments are almost the same as posting just in a different format.

You honestly not meet a reviewer that brags about their reviews? what

How in the bloody hell does Gender not relate to the forum? Obviously you haven't seen the Gender threads?? DUDE your YOU being SARCASTIC? Because :V
Modified by Rasco, May 9, 2015 5:56 PM

controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.

May 9, 2015 6:03 PM
You guys should chill out for god sake. Whether the +1 system is detrimental to the forums or not, is just pure speculation as we can't foresee the actions of users while using it. And I don't see the harm in trying though.

May 9, 2015 6:05 PM

Don't feel like quoting you.

>You honestly not meet a reviewer that brags about their reviews? what

On this this forum? No. Do I see people advertise their video to try and get more views? Yes. Have I seen them say "My review is the best out there"? Nope.

>And Lol You've never seen someone say LOGH Makes you Elitist putting it on the favs???

"the only time Favorites come into play is when someone says "This anime is crap" and vise versa. What?" Maybe I should explain into greater detail. When there's a topic about what anime you like/dislike, threads portraying about your favorites and or "overrated/underrated" topics.

That point was redundant. Yes, I do see it often.

>How in the bloody hell does Gender not relate to the forum? Obviously you haven't seen the Gender threads?? DUDE your YOU being SARCASTIC? Because :V

That was an error on my parts. I meant to bold 'Gender' as well and not even go there because of how many people use it on CD and especially an ongoing thread in the suggestion board.
Modified by Tyrel, May 9, 2015 6:13 PM

May 9, 2015 6:06 PM

Yeah I'm going to try to be more formal. Giving this a chance is a good idea, All the pro's and cons are there, but we shouldn't ignore this request simply because Some users are insecure or are afraid of people bragging.

But my feels.

May 9, 2015 7:44 PM

Being afraid of people bragging or bad use/abuse is fine and understandable. But please. Make it clear in the OP or somewhere that we are debating a like system, not a like/dislike one. Therefore the possible conflicts that stem from their use are very different, and we can't talk about Reddit or YouTube in the same way we talk about Facebook or the standard system in most forums.

May 9, 2015 7:53 PM

Just reaffirming my issue here. What actual positive... well, anything beneficial comes forth of this? There's some small possible negatives, but those negatives are a lot more problematic when there's no actual tradeoff.

May 9, 2015 10:57 PM

LunarProxy said:
Just reaffirming my issue here. What actual positive... well, anything beneficial comes forth of this? There's some small possible negatives, but those negatives are a lot more problematic when there's no actual tradeoff.
Kenjataimu said:
Hmm this is a good idea, but only if it comes with a few other things implemented:

3: Have a "Hide posts with -10 points or less" option in profile settings. the number here is completely arbitrary. The staff could change it to something higher or lower, or they could let the users set the threshhold value themselves somewhere in profile settings.

Troll posts might not be so much of a problem

May 10, 2015 8:55 AM

Kenjataimu said:
LunarProxy said:
Kenjataimu said:

You said earlier not to allow negative, as you'll have trolls going for the lowest negative. And setting the Hide posts with to 0 just doesn't make sense.

May 10, 2015 9:06 AM

Anything of this sort invites competition. MAL was meant to be a site to freely share opinions, not to compete or see how many 'likes' you get.

aimer - brave shine | forum set by phraze

May 10, 2015 10:01 AM

Phraze said:
Anything of this sort invites competition. MAL was meant to be a site to freely share opinions, not to compete or see how many 'likes' you get.
+1 Wait so if I were to give you a +1 or anything that upvotes your Post, by default its now competition? We are civil and thrive from opinions so saying " I AGREE" does in some way suggest one idea is better than another.

The real question for you Phraze is if you think its competition or mere Agreement.

But my feels.

May 10, 2015 10:11 AM

Rasco said:
Phraze said:
+1 Wait so if I were to give you a +1 or anything that upvotes your Post, by default its now competition? We are civil and thrive from opinions so saying " I AGREE" does in some way suggest one idea is better than another.

The real question for you Phraze is if you think its competition or mere Agreement.

I don't mean that. There are people who post things just to get a +1. Then there can be situations where constructive criticism won't get upvoted at all, see the reviews on MAL for example.

May 10, 2015 10:16 AM

Phraze said:
Rasco said:

I don't mean that. There are people who post things just to get a +1. Then there can be situations where constructive criticism won't get upvoted at all, see the reviews on MAL for example.

Yes I would like to believe that those are the Minority. The minority that ruin it for the Majority, if not then yeah it could/can be toxic. Thanks for bringing up the Review's, since Some **looks at Tyrel** believe that example is irrelevant. But as you can see it can be used for good, and it can be abused, but using that for the Ultimate reason really does no justice for those who will use it sincerely.

But my feels.

May 10, 2015 10:34 AM

Rasco said:
Phraze said:

Yes I would like to believe that those are the Minority. The minority that ruin it for the Majority, if not then yeah it could/can be toxic. Thanks for bringing up the Review's, since Some **looks at Tyrel** believe that example is irrelevant. But as you can see it can be used for good, and it can be abused, but using that for the Ultimate reason really does no justice for those who will use it sincerely.

Indeed. But since it can be used for good or bad, why bother adding this feature? It won't make a difference to this site other than being an unneeded add-on. Upvoting is also not a good way to initiate discussion. It's different and a lot better if you said how you enjoyed reading the person's post instead.

May 10, 2015 10:42 AM

Phraze said:
Rasco said:

Indeed. But since it can be used for good or bad, why bother adding this feature? It won't make a difference to this site other than being an unneeded add-on. Upvoting is also not a good way to initiate discussion. It's different and a lot better if you said how you enjoyed reading the person's post instead.

As mentioned on this thread:
1. It would get rid Of the +1 Posts that merely agree and have nothing to say.
2. There is no "downvote" so it keeps things positive.
3. More people browse the forums so perhaps Upvoting someone to show Agreement is more "convenient".
4. It would actually help you see what posts are constructive or well accepted.
5. You can still post even if you +1, its called elaborating.
This of course are the + sides.
Whether you want to use it is up to you, saying its "useless" or "unneeded makes it seem like you don't care or won't bother using it. If so then why be against it other than being insecure or terribly repulsed with uncertainty.

But my feels.

May 10, 2015 10:55 AM

Rasco said:
Phraze said:

3. More people browse the forums so perhaps Upvoting someone to show Agreement is more "convenient".
Whether you want to use it is up to you, saying its "useless" or "unneeded makes it seem like you don't care or won't bother using it. If so then why be against it other than being insecure or terribly repulsed with uncertainty.

Before saying more, I did read all the posts here.
I say it's useless not because I won't use it, but because the improvement margin is minimal. I also prefer the basic setup this site has, too many features detract especially when browsing for info. That's one reason why Google has been so successful, they use only the basics.

May 10, 2015 10:56 AM

Rasco said:
Phraze said:

My issue is that I don't trust people to not abuse it. Also, for the same reason (lack of trust) I feel constructive posts wouldn't be as received in likes as just majority opinion.

As for stopping the +1 posts, I'm not sure of that as some people just try to increase their post count, and others just want to announce they +1'd it. It might reduce them, but that can only be tested in practice.

I'm still unsure if this would promote discussion, as well. If it doesn't promote some sort of discussion, it doesn't really add anything the forum really needs.

May 10, 2015 11:05 AM

LunarProxy said:
My issue is that I don't trust people to not abuse it. Also, for the same reason (lack of trust) I feel constructive posts wouldn't be as received in likes as just majority opinion.

As for stopping the +1 posts, I'm not sure of that as some people just try to increase their post count, and others just want to announce they +1'd it. It might reduce them, but that can only be tested in practice.

I'm still unsure if this would promote discussion, as well. If it doesn't promote some sort of discussion, it doesn't really add anything the forum really needs

Yes we can't trust everyone.. totally understandable. But then again what about those you could trust? Why deny them that feature?

Well Yes we can speculate their reasons for a Upvote. But it still shows agreement. And like I said Most users on the forum agree more than elaborate their reasons.

+1 Something could be seen as not promoting discussion, but rather help others advocate ideas. Just like polls.. Polls don't always have the best options but we still have them.

Phraze said:

Before saying more, I did read all the posts here.
I say it's useless not because I won't use it, but because the improvement margin is minimal. I also prefer the basic setup this site has, too many features detract especially when browsing for info. That's one reason why Google has been so successful, they use only the basics.
happen said:
It seems like a pretty common and basic idea, so I don't see why it wouldn't havealready been implemented. So that must mean that there's a reason why we don't have a system like this in place? Any idea why?

IntroverTurtle said:
Because MAL's forum was made like 10 years ago when that wasn't popular and for the past 6 years or so there wasn't the chance for any big features and MAL's code is pretty old and home made so apparently it's harder to implement new things. That and who knows, maybe the site creator thinks like j0x.
Modified by Rasco, May 10, 2015 11:11 AM

But my feels.

May 10, 2015 12:58 PM

LunarProxy said:
Kenjataimu said:

You said earlier not to allow negative, as you'll have trolls going for the lowest negative. And setting the Hide posts with to 0 just doesn't make sense.
A negative amount of points would be allowed in the case of each individual post, but if they were to implement a "Total Score" statistic (like post count) that was the sum of all the points you've earned/lost, I'm saying that career statistic should not be allowed to go negative, and should just display 0 instead.

In my list of 3 suggestions, people would not be able to be blocked entirely or have their messages censored as a result of their career point amount. The threshold would be for individual posts.

May 10, 2015 1:20 PM

Please don't implement such a thing.

May 13, 2015 5:46 PM

A have a question for the posters here: Would showing the names of users who liked a post make this suggestion better or worse to you? (I'm imagining it with a "and x more" clickable link if it exceeds a certain number of users.)

I wouldn't mind seeing that if this were to be implemented since it makes the feature less anonymous (no invisible-crowd bandwagoning), but there may be drawbacks I haven't thought of.

May 13, 2015 5:59 PM

TripleSRank said:
A have a question for the posters here: Would showing the names of users who liked a post make this suggestion better or worse to you? (I'm imagining it with a "and x more" clickable link if it exceeds a certain number of users.)

I wouldn't mind seeing that if this were to be implemented since it makes the feature less anonymous (no invisible-crowd bandwagoning), but there may be drawbacks I haven't thought of.
I would like it more. Like you said, it would lower the fear of mass alts doing it as you could easily just check. I'd prefer how HB has it, small forum avatar squares with their name on hover and of course clicking brings you to their profile page.

May 13, 2015 6:01 PM

Veronin said:
Let's not. It will just encourage people to make stupid jokes for likes rather than say something actually interesting or useful.

sounds like me

May 13, 2015 6:04 PM

IntroverTurtle said:
TripleSRank said:

I would like it more. Like you said, it would lower the fear of mass alts doing it as you could easily just check. I'd prefer how HB has it, small forum avatar squares with their name on hover and of course clicking brings you to their profile page.

I was actually going to mention this. It really only makes it better. I haven't been on HB but I could only imagine it looks alright. I know other sites that have it like how you guys mention and it looks fantastic. And yeah its gets rid of all insecurity/fear if there is any in the first place.

But my feels.

May 13, 2015 6:04 PM
Rasco said:
j0x said:
Anime stats.
Anime List Views.
Manga List Views.

you are taking what i said in exaggerated way, those are all in the profile section where it belongs anyway, im fine with those since not a lot of people look at users profile unlike on the forum posts, we are talking about the forums so thats why i suggested to remove the join date and post count on the forums because post count for example do not add any benefit other than making people think the user has no life and also its a redundant feature since post count and joined date is on the profile section anyway

its nothing about me being insecure, i just observe this things in the forums from other users that post count for example is a cause of unwanted insult/harassment

May 13, 2015 6:08 PM

j0x said:
Rasco said:
Anime stats.
Anime List Views.
Manga List Views.

you are taking what i said in exaggerated way, those are all in the profile section where it belongs anyway, im fine with those since not a lot of people look at users profile unlike on the forum posts, we are talking about the forums so thats why i suggested to remove the join date and post count on the forums because post count for example do not add any benefit other than making people think the user has no life and also its a redundant feature since post count and joined date is on the profile section anyway

its nothing about me being insecure, i just observe this things in the forums from other users that post count for example is a cause of unwanted insult/harassment
But that's why the report button is there in the first place jox, And I don't really intend to Use the Word Insecurity, since I can't find a better word to Replace it. And I think it has been explained to you why you shouldn't take such accusations towards the post number seriously. I know you mean well with trying to take it away anyways.

But my feels.

May 13, 2015 6:17 PM
@Rasco

insults are just deleted most of the times here on MAL, they rarely ban the offending users for it from what i observe

we are getting offtopic now here so i rest my case, i already said my point

May 13, 2015 7:49 PM

j0x said:
@Rasco

insults are just deleted most of the times here on MAL, they rarely ban the offending users for it from what i observe
Lol. Keep thinking that 'cause that ain't the case. But I ain't gonna dwell deeper into this on a topic that ain't about it.

May 16, 2015 6:38 PM

j0x said:
@Rasco

we are getting offtopic now here so i rest my case, i already said my point
I'm actually against deleting posts. If there is a way to retain the Post and give it a warning to show some Evidence of infraction, then they could be set as examples. Its the same as Locking a thread and giving a reason for the lock; But in a more specific way. Of course this is time consuming but will worth the effort when done right. Though I'm assuming (as of now) that they get deleted and then A Mod Sends a PM of Specified Infractions. In which case that works too, but is less obvious to the public so less exemplary.

But my feels.

May 16, 2015 7:19 PM

Generally I'm usually for having this feature on forums, but when I look around this place I don't really see a need (or a want) for it.
I think it's good to just post your opinion without wanting or expecting +1s, upvotes or thanks for it.
tektek

May 16, 2015 7:24 PM

stormx3 said:
Generally I'm usually for having this feature on forums, but when I look around this place I don't really see a need (or a want) for it.
I think it's good to just post your opinion without wanting or expecting +1s, upvotes or thanks for it.
Well this is actually a case for those who +1 something. So people saying "I want to like their post" is not perceived as much. But they just Quote someone and say "+1" " I agree" "This" " I second this" ETC. you get the point right?

But my feels.

May 21, 2015 3:21 AM

Rasco said:
stormx3 said:
Well this is actually a case for those who +1 something. So people saying "I want to like their post" is not perceived as much. But they just Quote someone and say "+1" " I agree" "This" " I second this" ETC. you get the point right?

I do, and in this case it's something that I support.
Could possibly be due to the fact that I'm not around here much (and I only stick to certain sections), but I have never really seen this happening. Generally when I see someone quoting a post to agree or '+1' it, they'll discuss their reasoning behind it or engage in further discussion. In which case, it has made the discussion grow and wasn't really a useless post for the purpose of telling another user that they agree with them.

However, as I've already said, I see no issue on this forum that requires a +1 button to solve it.
I wouldn't mind it being implemented, it might even be good if it existed only for certain sections; but judging from posts on this thread and just quick looks around the whole place, it's not something that I feel needs to happen (at least not for most of the reasons brought up).
tektek

May 21, 2015 3:37 PM

stormx3 said:
Rasco said:

I do, and in this case it's something that I support.
Could possibly be due to the fact that I'm not around here much (and I only stick to certain sections), but I have never really seen this happening. Generally when I see someone quoting a post to agree or '+1' it, they'll discuss their reasoning behind it or engage in further discussion. In which case, it has made the discussion grow and wasn't really a useless post for the purpose of telling another user that they agree with them.

However, as I've already said, I see no issue on this forum that requires a +1 button to solve it.
I wouldn't mind it being implemented, it might even be good if it existed only for certain sections; but judging from posts on this thread and just quick looks around the whole place, it's not something that I feel needs to happen (at least not for most of the reasons brought up).
Yes people sometimes Elaborate why they agree, but this isn't always the case. I also mentioned that some users browse and Might agree, but don't post since someone already posted a valid point. But you won't see if they agreed, since they didn't even +1. (since its against the rules apparently o.o) And also I said this would be convenient for those who don't want to elaborate and advocate a post that shows good ideas and Information.

Well there really doesn't have to be a "issue" but rather this a "feature" that everyone might like.
Unless they are.. Insecure? annoyed? Or Highly skeptical of this doing any good. But sure you can speculate anything at this point for any feature and end up just taking away all the features lol..

But my feels.

Dec 5, 2016 6:17 PM

yeah i know this has been brought up a million time before but hear me out.

over the years i've been regularly posting here i've noticed a consistent pattern of people who have stopped posting on the forums due to bad/toxic/negative/troll environment, or w/e you want to call it.

i feel like if there was a like/dislike feature, good posts would get upvoted, and bad troll posts would get downvoted to shit. hence potential regular posters might feel less hesitant to post more on the forums.

just a thought. i've noticed at least with CD' that activity has been lower compared to the last few years.

as someone whose posts would mostly be downvoted probably i still think the feature would improve the forum experience/activity quite a bit.

MAJOR EDIT - to clarify guys i'm talking about a like/dislike feature that's not anonymous.
Modified by shotz, Dec 11, 2016 4:45 PM
Chikaji said:
i, personally, would gladly be fisted by every single strong female character until my asshole explodes, permanently rendering me into a coma

Dec 5, 2016 6:39 PM

Tbh... I feel like a lot of those sarcastic, troll posts would get upvoted while anyone with an actual opinion would just get downvoted lol. I hate to be pessimistic about it, and I know not everyone on MAL is like that, but that's the general vibe I get from the forums.

Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »