Forum Settings
Forums

+1/Like/Upvote/Thumbs Up System For Posts

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Poll: What do you think of this idea?


#1
May 7, 2015 9:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 273
It seems like a pretty common and basic idea, so I don't see why it wouldn't have already been implemented. So that must mean that there's a reason why we don't have a system like this in place? Any idea why?

Also, people are always quoting people to simply reply "+1", so it could fix that issue.

Thanks.


Mod Edit: Modified title for clarity and/or easier searching.
Modified by Tensho, Nov 10, 2017 7:29 AM
[size=67]My profile | "A real man is someone who prepares himself for death before he eats breakfast every morning."
 
#2
May 7, 2015 9:34 PM
Online
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 52688
its a useless feature and just prone to abuse, whats the benefit of it?

and +1 and one word replies are against the forum rules anyway
 
#3
May 7, 2015 9:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 9814
j0x said:
its a useless feature and just prone to abuse, whats the benefit of it?

and +1 and one word replies are against the forum rules anyway
Pretty much this. The feature is dumb and I see enough of it on reddit to know it's stupid. And it coming here on MAL would be even worse.
 
#4
May 7, 2015 10:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 26478
Because MAL's forum was made like 10 years ago when that wasn't popular and for the past 6 years or so there wasn't the chance for any big features and MAL's code is pretty old and home made so apparently it's harder to implement new things. That and who knows, maybe the site creator thinks like j0x.
 
#5
May 7, 2015 10:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 7024
It did not encourage people to post their own opinion and make debates prone to be weighted more on upvotes than actual argument. It is also promotes circlejerking, and it's redundant, it adds nothing to the original post.
 
#6
May 7, 2015 11:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 4303
Let's not. It will just encourage people to make stupid jokes for likes rather than say something actually interesting or useful.
 
#7
May 7, 2015 11:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 725
The system makes it easier to "express agreement, support, and highlight interesting posts", so I'm for it. I personally find this feature very useful on some other forums, and I'm yet to see it being abused.

j0x said:
+1 and one word replies are against the forum rules anyway

The rules are made to compensate the lack of features in the first place. When there's a technical limitation on the minimum number of characters a post can have, or when there's a like button, people can't/don't post that kind of replies, and there's no need for the rules anymore.
 
#8
May 7, 2015 11:49 PM
Online
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 52688
erengy said:

j0x said:
+1 and one word replies are against the forum rules anyway

The rules are made to compensate the lack of features in the first place. When there's a technical limitation on the minimum number of characters a post can have, or when there's a like button, people can't/don't post that kind of replies, and there's no need for the rules anymore.


i like the way you think, its thesame as mine, i always said that we need more automation rather than more moderation

i even suggested that word count minimum limit feature here - http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1378284

but still im against the idea of +1 or like system here because users will abuse it and like azzuRe said its prone to circlejerking, those kind of system is like the horrible karma system of some forums that makes the place more unfriendly
 
#9
May 7, 2015 11:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 487
People will be punished for sharing their opinions. Like many on reddit sharing their different opinions. In many cases the one with the least "mainstream" opinion will get downvoted.

I avoid sharing my opinions on reddit for this reason. But here I can share my opinions without being afraid of being hated. Instead of the "I agree" or "I disagree" button here you respond with words. Now I know that this is not what the buttons are used for on reddit either. But I find that in many cases it is used in this way.

TL:DR I don't like the +1 -1 system reddit uses, and I don't want MAL to implement it.
 
May 7, 2015 11:56 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 10905
It would be abused here,but I don't see it being abused in HB,so idk.
 
May 8, 2015 12:09 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 725
@RobertFjall
The suggestion here concerns the positive component only; it's more like Discourse than Reddit. There doesn't need to be a -1 button. In fact, I too would be against that.
 
May 8, 2015 12:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 10259
Tyrel said:
j0x said:
its a useless feature and just prone to abuse, whats the benefit of it?

and +1 and one word replies are against the forum rules anyway
Pretty much this. The feature is dumb and I see enough of it on reddit to know it's stupid. And it coming here on MAL would be even worse.

Pfff. I see enough of it on respectable forums to know it's good. Are we really going to play this game?

The feature for instance is useful to avoid annoying +1 and quote spamfests, it can encourage stupid jokes but it can encourage as well constructive discussion, and far more important, it is not invasive and it does not coerce people.

Not to mention that "it encourages circlejerk, spam, bad use, etc." can be said from pretty much every tool we have in MAL. We really need to stop looking at this forum as if it was doomed from the beginning and completely unable to make a healthy use of new implementations.

The issue of "karma points" for instance, is as easy as making this information private and only accessible through one's own profile. This is the way it happens in various forums I'm in, and it works very well.
Modified by jal90, May 8, 2015 12:52 AM
 
May 8, 2015 12:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 9814
jal90 said:
Tyrel said:
Pretty much this. The feature is dumb and I see enough of it on reddit to know it's stupid. And it coming here on MAL would be even worse.

Pfff. I see enough of it on respectable forums to know it's good. Are we really going to play this game?

The feature for instance is useful to avoid annoying +1 and quote spamfests, it can encourage stupid jokes but it can encourage as well constructive discussion, and far more important, it is not invasive and it does not coerce people.

Not to mention that "it encourages circlejerk, spam, bad use, etc." can be said from pretty much every tool we have in MAL. We really need to stop looking at this forum as if it was doomed from the beginning and completely unable to make a healthy use of new implementations.
Do you actually think that people will use the "+1" feature properly? Because I sure the heck don't. I rather the forum not turn into another reddit and any other site that uses this kinda feature. But hey, that's me.

How does it "The feature for instance is useful to avoid annoying +1 and quote spamfests"? That is unless the posts get changed to categorized the likes to the top, which will just mess the Post #. This won't avoid +1 and quote spamfests. People will still upvote them for the lulz.
Modified by Tyrel, May 8, 2015 12:56 AM
 
May 8, 2015 12:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 10259
Tyrel said:
Do you actually think that people will use the "+1" feature properly? Because I sure the heck don't.

I don't know. But I imagine that under this philosophy we would not have any new implementations in the forums, anymore.

Plus, if it's properly configured, it does not affect the routine of the forums. You were talking about a Reddit system, and it's as easy as not implementing the -1 option. Somebody else mentioned karma circlejerks and it's as easy as making this information private and only accessible for the user in question.
 
May 8, 2015 12:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 733
Its not useful nor useless but adding it in site takes time so its best not to.

Hi
 
May 8, 2015 12:58 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 5666
Tyrel said:
Do you actually think that people will use the "+1" feature properly? Because I sure the heck don't.


dis is true.
its productive in communities like mathworks or stackoverflow, where replys are productive and has a point.
so i hardly see the purpose of it here.
 
May 8, 2015 1:12 AM
I'm gone

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 1766
azzuRe said:
It did not encourage people to post their own opinion and make debates prone to be weighted more on upvotes than actual argument. It is also promotes circlejerking, and it's redundant, it adds nothing to the original post.


Pretty much my opinion about likes, and +1
 
May 8, 2015 1:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 6816
People only abuse this system and start down-voting when they don't agree with something.Its pretty dumb as much as I have seen in Reddit.
 
May 8, 2015 1:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 617
I think it's good as it is. As the whole point of a forum is to write stuff, a "like" system will only be counterproductive.
 
May 8, 2015 1:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 10259
Tyrel, I assume that people use +1/quote posts to express agreement with a previous post, right? In that sense a like system offers a viable alternative that doesn't fall in the category of spam or shitpost. It's simply having a legal alternative that makes the illegal one completely useless and pointless for the user interaction.
 
May 8, 2015 4:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 5246
This is a really good idea if you want to get your posts downvoted by all the SJWs or trolls on this site. Or if you want to give the trolls more power by upvoting eachother's retarded shitposts.
Given how many arguements can be born from a topic, this system would just turn them into a downvoting/upvoting war beetween the two or more arguing sides.
 
May 8, 2015 4:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 10259
Why do people still bring the downvoting argument when it's been made clear enough that this is not in the OP request?

As far as "giving the trolls more power" is considered, I think postcount is a far worse offender than upvotes. But hey, okay. And as said, an upvote tool doesn't necessarily mean a karma count.
Modified by jal90, May 8, 2015 4:41 AM
 
May 8, 2015 5:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 16140
I have always disliked the feature, no thank you. It encourages bandwagoning and discourages people with differing opinions sharing them
 
May 8, 2015 5:39 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1551
Browsing mal forums can get boring because it easily feels like your opinion is ignored if people don't quote you. There could be a lot of hidden benefits to a +1 system; it's too soon to throw the idea out the window. Not only would the forums be more interactive, but it's also possible that because we have a lot of newer users who actually help out and make useful contributions to discussion will get +1'd more. Note that this is for a system where you can 'upvote' but not 'downvote'

Just some food for thought.

edit: Why are people bringing reddit into this? It's a completely different system...
Modified by Ryugen, May 8, 2015 5:42 AM
 
May 8, 2015 5:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 6221
I don't really like that feature either, due to the abuse it's prone to bring.

Still, the "thanks" feature is different. I quite appreciated that one in places it was used.
 
May 8, 2015 5:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 725
cupc said:
I have always disliked the feature, no thank you. It encourages bandwagoning and discourages people with differing opinions sharing them

Here, have some love:
http://i.imgur.com/783ebL9.png

This doesn't seem to me that it'd "encourage bandwagoning and discourage people with differing opinions sharing them".
 
May 8, 2015 5:44 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1551
erengy said:
cupc said:
I have always disliked the feature, no thank you. It encourages bandwagoning and discourages people with differing opinions sharing them

Here, have some love:
http://i.imgur.com/783ebL9.png

This doesn't seem to me that it'd "encourage bandwagoning and discourage people with differing opinions sharing them".

This is good.
 
May 8, 2015 6:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 10259
Zefyris said:
I don't really like that feature either, due to the abuse it's prone to bring.

Still, the "thanks" feature is different. I quite appreciated that one in places it was used.

I see that as a subcategory of this same suggestion, though, and pretty much the same thing with a slightly different connotation. I think it is the system that VBulletin forums use, and it's very difficult to abuse that one because it does not imply an additional amount of karma or reputation, the stats can be made private or personal and people can show their agreement in the forum in an easy way. Actually, the public karma/rep thing seems to be a different and independent option from the experiences on other forums I've been in, because some have it and some don't.

A typical "the following users thanked this post" box below, for instance, or a less invasive method (hiding the names of the users who thank the post) could be implemented.

Anyway people keep saying that this brings abuse and circlejerk and I still don't understand how. In the forums where I've seen this, it has never been an issue. If people don't believe that tools can be fairly used in MAL then I suggest to lock this subforum and forget about any further suggestion because it's pointless, as we can make the same vague justification against everything.
Modified by jal90, May 8, 2015 6:09 AM
 
May 8, 2015 6:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 243
It would be one more useless crap to add to an already growing list...
 
May 8, 2015 6:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 13359
My only problem with this, is that it might cause new or rarely active users to have their posts skipped over, because people are mostly like to pay attention the posts with the most upvotes, while ignoring or skimming over others, which is bad for a discussion forum. Regular posters are mostly likely to have their posts upvoted just because, even if their post does not contribute. I'm not really a fan of the system, but since it's just upvote, this will probably be the main problem that I could think of.

Still against it.
 
May 8, 2015 6:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 10259
Okashi_sama said:
My only problem with this, is that it might cause new or rarely active users to have their posts skipped over, because people are mostly like to pay attention the posts with the most upvotes, while ignoring or skimming over others, which is bad for a discussion forum. Regular posters are mostly likely to have their posts upvoted just because, even if their post does not contribute. I'm not really a fan of the system, but since it's just upvote, this will probably be the main problem that I could think of.

Still against it.

That's a fair point, but I would argue there, that MAL doesn't seem to have these problems of new/rarely active users being skipped over as much as other forums. There was a thread about that in Off Topic lately, though, so it may be only due to my personal experience or more prone to happen in some subforums than others. Anyway, since this would only be an extension to that trend, I would not expect it to be a big issue here. On the other hand what you mention is far more noticeable in, for instance, Hummingbird, which has a tool where you can skim over posts and pick the relevant ones according to number of likes. That is, calling attention to the likes and making labels through them. In forums with the classic +1/like/thanks system this doesn't happen and the problem you mention tends to be -according to my personal experience, again- non-existant. I'm in for a VBulletin-style feature, but not for a Hummingbird-style one.
Modified by jal90, May 8, 2015 6:37 AM
 
May 8, 2015 6:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 13359
jal90 said:
Okashi_sama said:
My only problem with this, is that it might cause new or rarely active users to have their posts skipped over, because people are mostly like to pay attention the posts with the most upvotes, while ignoring or skimming over others, which is bad for a discussion forum. Regular posters are mostly likely to have their posts upvoted just because, even if their post does not contribute. I'm not really a fan of the system, but since it's just upvote, this will probably be the main problem that I could think of.

Still against it.

That's a fair point, but I would argue there, that MAL doesn't seem to have these problems of new/rarely active users being skipped over as much as other forums. There was a thread about that in Off Topic lately, though, so it may be only due to my personal experience or more prone to happen in some subforums than others. Anyway, since this would only be an extension to that trend, I would not expect it to be a big issue here. On the other hand what you mention is far more noticeable in, for instance, Hummingbird, which has a tool where you can skim over posts and pick the relevant ones according to number of likes. That is, calling attention to the likes and making labels through them. In forums with the classic +1/like/thanks system this doesn't happen and the problem you mention tends to be -according to my personal experience, again- non-existant. I'm in for a VBulletin-style feature, but not for a Hummingbird-style one.

I think you do have a point there. MAL doesn't really suffer that much from that problem. Although, I think it'll start appearing in the future, because now, since the community isn't used to it, they probably won't skip over posts, but in the future, where new users join, those new users might be the ones who'll skip over posts, not old regular. Because they started browsing the forums with this feature implanted, they might get used to just reading the most upvotes. Of course, this is still a speculation on my part, so it might end up being a load of crap. I don't think that it would be much of a problem or abused to a ridiculous extent with the current community (probably), but I think it might be in the future.
Modified by Okashi, May 8, 2015 6:56 AM
 
May 8, 2015 7:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 725
If I don't have the time to read an entire discussion and don't plan to participate in it, I skim the topic anyway. I doubt I'm alone in this regard, considering that some people don't read anything at all. I find having a pseudo-indicator of importance useful in this case.

It's true that community leaders receive more attention, but this is always the case unless the participants are anonymous. I don't think this reduces the value of the feature. Besides, I believe that if there's real value in a post, it will receive the attention it deserves. The behavior might vary in different parts of the forum, but I think it'd work as intended where it matters.
 
May 8, 2015 7:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 13454
id love that feature. pls do
 
May 8, 2015 7:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 26478
Tyrel said:
Do you actually think that people will use the "+1" feature properly?
Do you actually think people already use all the site's functions properly? Nah, you know they don't. I don't see that as a reason to not go with it, like jal said that would destroy almost any other suggestion too, people can always abuse and not properly use features.

OT: I think how erengy used it would be fine, as long as it doesn't change the order of the posts or anything.
 
May 8, 2015 8:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 13303
hmm
Having that function will lessen the "+1" posts and spamming, but it will also lessen discussion, since bandwagoning will be more apparent and thus decreases the amount of differing opinions shown, which is the source of a lot of discussion.

It may also create some "bragging rights" for some people, it'll be annoying if people do that.
It may help users to determine what is "best post" and whatnot, but it may also make people skim the threads and just look for the posts with the high +1's. Since old posters have more friends (or enemies sometimes) here, +1's may include some bias. This will then mislead skimming new users, of course.
A lot of forums I've been in have the +1 system, although I've never seen them without it, so I can't really say for sure whether they've been better or worse when it was implemented.

Still, if one was implemented it would be a big change. I'm kinda against it, but I'm not entirely sure.


 
May 8, 2015 8:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 893
I think it's better if it's not implemented since if it was, it will make a big impact on the thinking/mind set of the poster since he/she gets more/less likes or +1. If you want to agree, maybe quote and reply will be enough. Posting relevant or irrelevant statements will make you either famous or not. But I don't know so, we'll see what will happen.
 
May 8, 2015 8:37 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 719
Ugh, that would be an awful feature. This isn't Youtube or something like Reddit.
 
May 8, 2015 8:53 AM

Online
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 4512
unkind said:
It seems like a pretty common and basic idea, so I don't see why it wouldn't have already been implemented. So that must mean that there's a reason why we don't have a system like this in place? Any idea why?
Because it's a stupid system in the first place.
 
May 8, 2015 8:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 6156
Would be fun but ... kinda makes it less of a hassle if it doesn't exist.
Can easily create "attention-whores" when they'res already enough without it.

Leave that to youtube and facebook.
 
May 8, 2015 8:59 AM

Online
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 11330
Nobody would +1 my posts because rabble, pretty much that means it's a terrible feature.

If they let me +1 my own posts I will consider supporting.
the progeny of a dropped colony
 
May 8, 2015 3:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 8990
jal90 said:
Tyrel said:
Do you actually think that people will use the "+1" feature properly? Because I sure the heck don't.

I don't know. But I imagine that under this philosophy we would not have any new implementations in the forums, anymore.

Plus, if it's properly configured, it does not affect the routine of the forums. You were talking about a Reddit system, and it's as easy as not implementing the -1 option. Somebody else mentioned karma circlejerks and it's as easy as making this information private and only accessible for the user in question.

I agree with this entirely. I would be for this system under the condition that there is no "-1" option.


AzureDaora said:
hmm
Having that function will lessen the "+1" posts and spamming, but it will also lessen discussion, since bandwagoning will be more apparent and thus decreases the amount of differing opinions shown, which is the source of a lot of discussion.

It may also create some "bragging rights" for some people, it'll be annoying if people do that.
It may help users to determine what is "best post" and whatnot, but it may also make people skim the threads and just look for the posts with the high +1's. Since old posters have more friends (or enemies sometimes) here, +1's may include some bias. This will then mislead skimming new users, of course.
A lot of forums I've been in have the +1 system, although I've never seen them without it, so I can't really say for sure whether they've been better or worse when it was implemented.

Still, if one was implemented it would be a big change. I'm kinda against it, but I'm not entirely sure.

This goes both ways, though. New users could get "known" through this system just as well, which would actually encourage quality posts. At that, I personally already skim a lot of topics save for the posts of people I know and/or respect, so this wouldn't change anything for me. I'm either in the mood to read the whole topic or I'm not. Also, bandwagoning isn't nearly as obnoxious when there's no downvote/hide option, and I don't think that's enough to outweigh the benefits of an upvote function.

As for "bragging rights", I don't think it will be a problem unless there's some sort of public rep function.
Modified by TripleSRank, May 8, 2015 3:36 PM
 
May 8, 2015 4:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 10936
I support it myself

circlejerking is already here as is, a like system isnt going to make it worse
im also curious what people mean by abuse, there's little to abuse; if you make inflammatory posts, it'll get reported esp if it got more attention.


Yeah in popular systems there is no -1. This will provide actual feedback to what other users like. Especially some who may be too shy or lack enough words to say anything other than +1.

some people honestly seek +1 approvals and will post more quality stuff as well. the system isnt inherently going to promote bad behaviour. to say that is quite a pessimistic mindset imo
 
May 8, 2015 4:43 PM
Online
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 52688
the abuse im thinking of with this system is that the old users or group of friends for example just +1 their topics in order to get more bragging rights like someone already mention
 
May 8, 2015 4:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 26478
j0x said:
the abuse im thinking of with this system is that the old users or group of friends for example just +1 their topics in order to get more bragging rights like someone already mention
Well then if someone brags about their like count nobody will take them that seriously, the same as now when someone brags about their post count.
 
May 8, 2015 5:15 PM
Online
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 52688
IntroverTurtle said:
j0x said:
the abuse im thinking of with this system is that the old users or group of friends for example just +1 their topics in order to get more bragging rights like someone already mention
Well then if someone brags about their like count nobody will take them that seriously, the same as now when someone brags about their post count.


i do think this kind of system is for bragging rights thats why im against it

im also against showing the post count in the forums anyway, or even remove the post count in the forums entirely so that everyone will be on equal footing, even the joined date is not needed on the forums since you can see it on the profile section anyway
 
May 8, 2015 5:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 26478
j0x said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Well then if someone brags about their like count nobody will take them that seriously, the same as now when someone brags about their post count.


i do think this kind of system is for bragging rights thats why im against it

im also against showing the post count in the forums anyway, or even remove the post count in the forums entirely so that everyone will be on equal footing, even the joined date is not needed on the forums since you can see it on the profile section anyway
But it isn't for bragging rights, it's for showing support and lowering the amount of spam where users just quote another user, say +1, or QFT or whatever.

And you totally missed my point.
 
May 8, 2015 5:33 PM
Online
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 52688
IntroverTurtle said:
j0x said:


i do think this kind of system is for bragging rights thats why im against it

im also against showing the post count in the forums anyway, or even remove the post count in the forums entirely so that everyone will be on equal footing, even the joined date is not needed on the forums since you can see it on the profile section anyway
But it isn't for bragging rights, it's for showing support and lowering the amount of spam where users just quote another user, say +1, or QFT or whatever.

And you totally missed my point.


it may not be intended for bragging rights in the first place but people will praise or hate a user according to their like/+1 count anyway making the forum more unfriendly

just look at the praise/hate people get with high post count users for example, i remember Mayukachan saying she was hated for it and her post count indicates that she has no life according to other users in the forums
 
May 8, 2015 5:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 13161
Tachii said:
I support it myself

circlejerking is already here as is, a like system isnt going to make it worse
im also curious what people mean by abuse, there's little to abuse; if you make inflammatory posts, it'll get reported esp if it got more attention.


Yeah in popular systems there is no -1. This will provide actual feedback to what other users like. Especially some who may be too shy or lack enough words to say anything other than +1.

some people honestly seek +1 approvals and will post more quality stuff as well. the system isnt inherently going to promote bad behaviour. to say that is quite a pessimistic mindset imo
I more or less agree with this.

As long as there's no statistics showing how many total likes a user has, and no -1 function, there shouldn't be much abuse for "bragging rights"

that being said, i don't support, nor not support it. I don't think I'd be using the function much myself.
Modified by xoKyungsoo, May 8, 2015 5:40 PM
 
May 8, 2015 5:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 8990
j0x said:
IntroverTurtle said:
But it isn't for bragging rights, it's for showing support and lowering the amount of spam where users just quote another user, say +1, or QFT or whatever.

And you totally missed my point.


it may not be intended for bragging rights in the first place but people will praise or hate a user according to their like/+1 count anyway making the forum more unfriendly

just look at the praise/hate people get with high post count users for example, i remember Mayukachan saying she was hated for it and her post count indicates that she has no life according to other users in the forums

Those people are silly. There's no need to take such people seriously, which is what IntroverTurtle is trying to convey. If they're harassing you that much, you can still report or block them just like you can now.
 
Top
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »