Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Aug 9, 2020 10:53 AM

Dec 2010
I can understand Hachiman having low confidence and pretty backwards social attitude in general, but does he really have to self-deprecate himself in front of each and every person?Even a defeatist loner should try and keep some dignity.

Oct 1, 2020 4:41 AM

Jun 2020
Yes more Isshiki screentime and they both look cute, so being a Student Council is a hard thing glad that I didn't join one.

Ok about that girl that Hachiman fell inlove with on middle school was annoying it really want me to kill her can someone kill her.
Oct 22, 2020 4:38 AM

Aug 2017
"we should use logical thinking to think logically" - Tamanawa. The hands movements were one of the most awkward scenes in this episode lmao.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 23, 2020 11:23 AM

Aug 2018
I like how we are seeing a lot less of Yukino letely, I hate her.

Nov 16, 2020 3:58 AM

Jul 2020
Lol those hand movements were too much I don’t understand a single thing they are talking about
Jan 4, 2021 1:19 PM

Dec 2020
I just watched this. It was quite a funny episode. I really felt the need to comment on this specific episode.
Forum avatar: Lu, from Isekai Nonbiri Nouka
Jan 15, 2021 12:32 PM

Feb 2020
The entire brainstorming was such a fun scene. Between the absurd hand movements, the random use of english words, the complex sentences that don't make any sense but somehow are still understood...
That's not even a parody at this point, that's just totally accurate. And Hachiman's commentary is always such a treat.
Also, I am starting to get worried about Iroha. It seems like in an attempt to be accepted, she is just letting others stomp on her, which consequently makes her be disliked since she makes her colleagues "fall" with her by adding more and more work, and she is clearly lying to herself by trying to believe that times will make their relationship evolve for the better.
I hope she will be able to drop the mask and stand up for herself at some point, because as manipulative as she can be, she doesn't seem to be a bad person at heart, she just wants to be loved.
Kaori however, is still completely unlikable. And to think people like her actually exist.
And I would also like for Yukino to stop sulking like that. If she has a problem with Hachiman, she should tell him. Here she is just dragging down the whole club with her bad temper that is reverberating on Hikki and Yui. Whatever family issues she can have aren't excuses. Neither Hachiman nor Yui are responsible.
Apr 9, 2021 12:21 PM

Dec 2012
I totally lost it when Hikki started playing along with the lingo & hand gestures. His sarcastic wit just continues to grow on me, especially with how he's handling Iroha's sneakiness.
Apr 22, 2021 6:33 AM

Jun 2020
I like Yui more & more with each episode♡

And those hand gestures L O L it was so funny how pretentious they were & with Hachiman joining in LOL!!!! And how Irohas & Hachiman were surprised when he took the bs Hachiman was saying seriously. The animation made it so much more funnier too.

That girl is such a bitch. Disses Saizeriya & can’t speak a second without dissing Hachiman. She’s such a bitch I’m not even kidding. And mocking Hachiman’s club like that. I agree 8man, it’s not funny at all — there’s really nothing to laugh about.

Damn, were the monologues & voice acting always this good? I watched the first season some time back & I don’t remember being so immersed into every episode, Zoku is so great. The direction is really something.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Feb 15, 2022 12:51 PM

Mar 2019
Same problem as with the cultural festival, but this time worse. This was definitely a build-up episode as nothing really happened for once UNTIL ofcourse Hachiman had to give us another mysterious line "But it's not funny, there's really nothing to laugh about". Every episode has this out of nowhere confusing phrase that I just can't get the meaning behind which is annoying.

Nevertheless, nice episode for Iroha fans. That guy's hands, lol.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Feb 20, 2022 1:04 PM

Jun 2020
The Tamanawa student president guy has a long and fruitful career ahead of him in a Fortune 500 executive suite.

I love how Hachiman finally thought he'd found a kindred spirit, only for it to be so cruelly snatched away. XD

I thought these sorts of Dilbert-esque scenes were exaggerated for comedic effect until the board of Wickes decided to have a meeting in our lunch room.

Let me tell you younger viewers: the hand gestures, the over ambition, the cute women managers who make a career out of smiling and nodding, the three hour meetings where absolutely nothing is said. It's all true. ALL OF IT!

In most companies, everyone knows these high-level meetings are just a game: say some buzzwords, stroke each others egos and then we can get back to actually solving the problem. In bad companies, companies with too many Irohas in middle management, everyone actually starts believing it and soon it turns into a cult: "Thou shalt not Question thy Boss's sacred Cost Efficiency Plan, if ye be of True Faith, speak the Holy Words and quality issues and employee retention will be solved, for He of the Many Business Degrees has Ordained It So."
-
BritishBlitz87Feb 25, 2022 9:00 AM
Old is Gold

"Look, look, we can do spinning shots without wasting our entire budget"
"Did you see? Look, it's all smooth and everything !"
"You're not looking, please, it's SO AWESOME LOOK AT HOW SPINNY IT IS!!!!"

- All anime animators since the invention of CGI.
Sep 29, 2022 1:30 PM

Nov 2018
Those brainstorming sessions and the people controlling them really pissed me off! This episode has been a bit nerve-racking. 😅
"The me today will not ever make the future me to regret!"
(Emily Adachi from Air Gear: Kuro no Hane to Nemuri no Mori - Break on the Sky)

Oct 11, 2022 8:55 AM
Jun 2021
áutrfp.ůoíilný bjyžvhcgřx-§<
Apr 8, 2023 4:54 PM

Feb 2022
ok, i just died at the student council meeting, this was the funniest episode yet.
                                                    slice of life anime, my beloved.

2D>>>>>>
Apr 13, 2023 9:07 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
There's a rift between Hachiman and Yukino that hasn't been closed, as Yukino still continues to act somewhat distant. What will it take for these two to form a true bond, and to come crystal clear with each other? Will Hachiman learn something while on this side quest with Iroha, or is it just to serve as some downtime with relatively lighter subject material as we-

WAIT WTF ARE THOSE HANDS AND WHAT IS THIS WHOLE MEETING BRUH

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jul 6, 2023 1:58 AM
Oct 2020
oh man, i'd love to punch that hand flabber... at the very least throw him and his entourage out of the building...
Aug 28, 2023 1:43 PM

Jul 2011
So far, Oregairu's second season is incredibly boring.
Check out my anime reviews or my pet will get you: Mezase Pokémon Master
Sep 20, 2023 3:27 PM

Dec 2017
Wow such a high level intellectual meeting, didn't understand a single thing they discussed but I am sure it achieved something meaningful and put forth some great ideas for the advancement of human civilization. Truly anime of the century.

Iizy said:
ed 26/05/19 - my past self was irritating so I removed some stupidity from the post.
Hey let me remind you of that again.
❝Kabo-chan is ran by the MAL staff team and does not respond to individual comments made on her profile.❞
I was immensely devastated.
Nov 8, 2023 4:09 PM

Sep 2017
Lmfao the hand movements and just like corporate prattle. That was hilarious.
Nov 16, 2023 5:13 PM

Sep 2023
I couldn’t stop laughing at those hand movements 😂

However the start of the episode was quite sad, you can see Yukino being totally indifferent to the fate of the club… I hope it can be salvaged somehow because all the effort to save it is actually what is making it fail now ironically.
Dec 9, 2023 8:35 PM

Nov 2023
Well everythings bafk to normal, but of course it would not be the normal
Mar 16, 9:12 PM
Mar 2023
LOL that episode was so funny
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2015

1002 by venbals »»
Mar 29, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2015

556 by venbals »»
Mar 29, 1:08 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 21, 2015

667 by venbals »»
Mar 16, 10:16 PM

» Help me understand the whole drama ( 1 2 )

GuidSMR - Apr 4, 2023

65 by NaughtySempai »»
Feb 26, 8:34 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2015

374 by Quirky_Capybara »»
Feb 8, 11:42 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.