Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
May 6, 2015 3:09 AM
I just finished up FMA Brotherhood, and I don't entirely understand Pride/Selim's "death"

I get that the deaths of most of the homunculus are supposed to be ironic or poetic in a way, with Lust being burned to death (biblical punishment for lust in hell), Gluttony being eaten, etc. and Pride never truly dies because the sin pride is supposed to not be possible to ever truly get rid of, so I understand that Pride in the show is instead "reborn" after being "killed" by Ed.

But how much of Pride is still there? We see a scene where Selim is shown growing up again at the end of the series, but is that still Pride or something else?

From what I understood of Pride's character in the show is that "Selim Bradley" never truly existed, and it was always just Pride. So wouldn't the reborn Selim still be Pride?

So I guess my question is, is this kid supposed to be Pride/a homunculus still? I'm assuming if it is still Pride, he doesn't have any memory of the events in the show, since the kid we see acts just like a normal kid, but is it possible he still has Pride's powers?

Or is the Selim we see at the end just supposed to be some random kid without any remnants of the original homunculus?

May 30, 2015 2:05 PM

Jun 3, 6:37 PM

I know this is an old post but I came across it while doing some googling and i have a thing to contribute. I watched both anime and i've only got chapter 108 to go.

@Digital_Fuzion I saw it a little differently. Children can be little vain jerks so it's only fitting that Pride's truest form is that of a child. Children are super demanding and often incredibly self-centered or self-absorbed until they learn that it's not all about them, that there's also a whole world they are a part of that exists outside themselves. This also coincides with Pride being "the first" sin/homunculus.

He didn't lose his pride. He's been given the opportunity to put that pride in check.

It might even be safe to say that Pride no longer has his "power". Because

What I don't get is why

So if anyone has answers for that.......
Modified by Tora141, Jun 3, 7:04 PM