Forum Settings
Forums
New
Should not Kaori have survived operation or not?
May 2, 2015 11:24 PM

Sep 2013
Don't take my point in wrong meaning. I mean no harm. I really loved this ending. But what If she had survived how do you see this idea??

From my point of view. I really love to see her alive because I like Happy ending than sad Ending.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
May 3, 2015 12:06 PM
Sep 2014
Well, her surviving operation would give her just little bit more time (im not sure did they say exact time). Lets be honest, do you really think this show would be this popular if they made her beat the illness, have concert and live happily ever after, i honestly doubt. Emotional ending and tearjerker tag is what made this anime so popular same as it did to Anohana. But despite what i just said, i would still like happy ending more than this. Idk, Kaori reminded me to Yuzuki from "Kimi no iru machi" so that is the extra reason why would i like happy ending.
May 6, 2015 6:58 AM

Sep 2013
I appreciate your point of view. But compare it with clannad (Biggest Tearjerker) with happy ending.
May 6, 2015 11:01 AM
Sep 2014
Well, Clannad had supernatural elements which led to that ending. Collecting balls of happiness or what its name is ( i forgot). Also Shigatsu had only ending sad while Clannad was full of those events. So, if they took out that ending show wouldnt be tearjerker anymore but just a really nice drama.
May 6, 2015 1:19 PM

Mar 2013
If it didn't end like that it would fade away after the season finished like something like WIXOSS or daybreak. You should change the tittle though.
added the fourth most popular anime onto this site
May 7, 2015 7:01 AM

Sep 2013
So, Nice of you replying of my comment.
I have finally accepted ending of Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
At that moment My heart was really broken and now it has been healed.
wasif_khanMay 8, 2015 6:06 AM
Aug 12, 2015 4:56 PM
Jan 2015
I think as us all being fans of the anime, we desperately wanted kaori to survive her illness and operation I think it would take away the unique-ness that this anime brought to the table of the season. A real tear-jerker and so many tense moments even though the death flags were so big from the start no one wanted her to die but I also believe it was good for the character development for Arima and even he knew to the very end~
Nov 28, 2015 8:56 PM

Jul 2015
Well, I should say that I really wished she stayed alive and played with Kousei one more time for real... I also wanted to hear more of her crazy ( but fuckin awesome) violin interpretations. The thing I enjoyed the most about Shigatsu was the music, and I would love to hear that duo playing once more ( jk, I actually would love to see them playing their way to worldwide fame). Anyway, I don't know how a happy ending would affect the show overall, but thats just how I wanted it to be x/
"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

It means no worries
For the rest of your days
It's our problem-free philosophy
Hakuna Matata! s2

A man tells his stories so many times that he becomes the stories. They live on after him, and in that way he becomes immortal.
Mar 3, 2016 5:31 AM
Jun 2014
Narco said:
Lets be honest, do you really think this show would be this popular if they made her beat the illness, have concert and live happily ever after, i honestly doubt. Emotional ending and tearjerker tag is what made this anime so popular

well said
Mar 3, 2016 8:54 AM

Sep 2013
Narco said:
Lets be honest, do you really think this show would be this popular if they made her beat the illness, have concert and live happily ever after, i honestly doubt. Emotional ending and tearjerker tag is what made this anime so popular

then what do you say about Clannad AS? It was happy ending yet it is one of the most amaizng anime ever
Mar 4, 2016 4:17 AM
Sep 2014
wasif_khan said:
Narco said:

then what do you say about Clannad AS? It was happy ending yet it is one of the most amaizng anime ever

It is, but we cried the river before those last few minutes, we were still highly emotionally damaged. Also, if they didnt survive then all those scenes in afterlife and with lighting balls were useless.
Mar 4, 2016 9:55 AM

Sep 2013
Narco said:
wasif_khan said:

It is, but we cried the river before those last few minutes, we were still highly emotionally damaged. Also, if they didnt survive then all those scenes in afterlife and with lighting balls were useless.

Any ways Clannad AS and Shigatsu wa kimi no Uso both are fucking genius and in my all time favorite list
Jun 12, 2016 5:39 PM
Mar 2016
I think she should have survived. Because she herself said "We both are good at struggling ". So, when Arima was struggling at the other end, I she should have struggled a bit more, and then convert her lie into a truth.
Jun 12, 2016 11:15 PM

May 2014
Yeah. Just because there were things left unsaid.
Jun 13, 2016 5:48 AM

Mar 2016
I think she should have at least played with Kousei one more time, for real. Just one last time... OH NO, THE FEELS ARE COMING BACK AHHH.

- ⋰⊶❤⊷⋱ -
Card Deliveries
Anime List

Aug 23, 2016 11:47 PM

Sep 2013
crystowl said:
I think she should have at least played with Kousei one more time, for real. Just one last time... OH NO, THE FEELS ARE COMING BACK AHHH.

Ya feeling are very real :) Love this series alot. cant rewatch it due to those heavy feelings :)
Sep 29, 2016 8:39 PM
Aug 2015
Honestly speaking I don't think the ending would have been so good if she had survived. I would have loved to see her survive for my personal reasons but I think her death is what made the show even better. So yes, her death was crucial in the ending of this anime, meaning she should have died.
Dec 8, 2017 7:25 AM
Aug 2017
Hello guys. Im brazilian and I don't speak english very well (sorry about that) but this anime makes me feel so happy. In my opinion, Kaori death's was necessary for the anime, even leaving us very very sad. But, how I said, for the lessons about hope, persistence, friendship, love for life and young relationship that anime offered to "reach us", a intense impact was the better way. Sometimes the bad momments exist to give us the complete feeling of masterpiece and Shigatsu made this so wonderfully!

I think Kaori was an angel with the purpose of gives a new life chance for Kousei-kun and this is so beautiful in every way. Maybe you disagree with my opinion but this is my vision about my favorite anime ever!
Jan 31, 2018 4:02 AM
Jan 2018
She's Deserved to Survived those Surgery and i know her Illness doesn't have any medicines to cure her Illness

Kaori's Illness
Mar 3, 2018 6:18 PM

Feb 2018
Although I really loved Kaori and wanted her operation to be successful, you have to face the facts. The operation was going to be extremely dangerous with a low chance of surviving. Now that I thought about it, the ending would not have been as emotional if she were to survive.
Apr 15, 2018 8:32 AM
Apr 2018
If Kaori survived then the "Your Lie in April" part wouldn't have happened. The letter wouldn't have been given to Kousei and she might've just kept going out with Watari. But maybe she would have realized the importance of here love for Kousei and she would have told him the truth, but the death prevented any sequels from coming out.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Poll: » Who's better?

kmmentino - Jan 4, 2017

3 by JLeo20 »»
Feb 28, 2018 8:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.