Forum Settings
Forums
May 2, 2015 3:46 PM

I'm talking about two series so I wasn't sure where to posts this thread. My bad.

Ok. I been waching the anime for Tsubasa Chronicles. Preetty good but I thought I may read the manga instead.

However I just recently found out that all the characters come from xxxHOLiC.

And there suppsed to be connected. There both one big story right? So I get that I have to rad both but I'm worried that maybe I might spoil something in one manga when it should be read in the other or someshit.

That probably doesn't make sense.

I know that xxxHOLiC came out first but Tsubasa came out only a few months after it and because there one big story and xxxHOLiC lasted longer than it. Is there some special way of reading it? I also asked a friend of mine and he says he switched between the two whenever a scene overlaps with the other.

I find that a lil confusing lol

So i'll makle it simple.

What order should I read em?
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now

May 2, 2015 7:46 PM

I don't think they overlap THAT much. Anyhow, in that case read XXXHolic first, and the Tsubasa. Then you'll always understand when one overlaps with the other.

May 3, 2015 7:06 AM

dakotasapphire said:
I don't think they overlap THAT much. Anyhow, in that case read XXXHolic first, and the Tsubasa. Then you'll always understand when one overlaps with the other.

Yh I think that must be the most obvious choice lol

Thanks.
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba

May 3, 2015 1:24 PM

daAmazinFatB0y said:
dakotasapphire said:

Yh I think that must be the most obvious choice lol

Thanks.

Haha. ^^ Yeah, its easier than trying to overlap the two.

May 3, 2015 1:27 PM
something here

Reading XXXholic first and Tsubasa actually will confuse and spoil you later on. Probably best to read them side by side.

May 3, 2015 1:57 PM

I too think it would be better to read them together.
I tried twice to read Holic before TRC and I gave up both times because it was too confusing. Then I read them together and it was perfect, switching especially when Yuko appeared in TRC or Sakura/Shaoran appeared in Holic

May 4, 2015 1:54 AM

If you really care about the story and mysteries then start with Tsubasa (or even Cardcaptor Sakura if you are that interested) then start reading xxxHolic. But do not read them separately.
It's no use reading x first then y after you finished x, because the two mangas literally overlap with eachother several times.
F.E.: You read an xxxHolic chapter where the main character woman talks with 3 young adults, then you read a Tsubasa chapter where 3 young adults talk with the main woman from xxxHolic. So basically you see the same scene, just from different perspectives. But to understand why the woman talks with the 3 you need to read Tsubasa and to understand why the 3 ask help from her you need to read xxxHolic.

May 4, 2015 3:00 AM

Man this sounds confusing but exciting lol

Ill try reading side by side. Thanks!
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba

May 4, 2015 5:51 AM

I watched Tsubasa season 1 and 2, then watched xxxHolic. The anime adaptation of xxxHolic was good, it follows the manga but, left out everything about Tsubasa. I read xxxHolic manga first to see the differences, now I am reading Tsubase.

I have read xxxHolic Rei and Tsubasa World Chronicles I am up-to-date with both series.
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC

May 4, 2015 7:54 AM

logic340 said:
I watched Tsubasa season 1 and 2, then watched xxxHolic. The anime adaptation of xxxHolic was good, it follows the manga but, left out everything about Tsubasa. I read xxxHolic manga first to see the differences, now I am reading Tsubase.

I have read xxxHolic Rei and Tsubasa World Chronicles I am up-to-date with both series.

hmm...I think side by side is best. seems like the most enjoyable. Still deciding though.
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba

May 4, 2015 7:56 AM

yeah both of these manga happen in the same universe but you seem them from the perspective of a different main character.

You can read them side by side.

May 5, 2015 4:49 AM

I'm just finishing Tsubasa: Reservoir c. (205/233) and you need a little bit of Holic in the previous part (ch 180 circa). For the rest, you can go easily without Holic.

Btw: i'm at ch. 57 in Holic and i stopped reading because i was reading 2 volumes of tsubasa and 1 of xxxholic, but this last one really spoilers tsubasa a lot.
But to understand the part i am currently reading in tsubasa i think i have to finish Holic (i intend to finish tsubasa and then Holic)

Edit: FInished tsubasa. Ok you can easily read it without Holic, but you won't know what Watanuki did in his world (it doesn't seem important).
Modified by Focaccina, May 5, 2015 6:50 AM

May 7, 2015 6:08 AM

Thread moved

Thread moved to the xxxHOLiC (Manga) board.

Jun 2, 2015 5:25 PM

I looked up the release date of every volume back when I was starting reading and ordered them accordingly. I check it every time before starting new volume:
xxxHOLiC	Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE
2		2
3		4
4		6
5		8
6		10
8		13
9		15
10		17

Preview MangaManga Store