Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (26) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »
May 9, 2015 7:00 PM

Aug 2013
CookingPriest said:
Catch 22

You need VN to understand and not be confused by ufoubw, so you can enjoy it.
If you read the VN, you can no longer enjoy ufoubw because you begin to see how awful it is.

No.
You definitly don't need to know every details to enjoy ufoubw, and hopefully they didn't put every explanations from the VN in this adaptation. Don't you realise how terrible FSN chuuni walls of text would be in an anime? Of course everything is deeper in the visual novel, but that was only possible because it is a visual novel.
Now I won't pretend this adaptation is perfect, it's quite average and I was expecting better too, but you're just asking for the impossible. It's still a pretty decent show, with nice fight scenes overall, and characters that actually have some depth compared to DEEN's. I'm pretty sure it's still entertaining for both newcomers and people who read the VN, as long as they don't expect too much from it.
May 9, 2015 7:01 PM
Jun 2014
Grey-Zone said:
Dashingfella said:
At least Fate/Zero three month break had a purpose. Fate/Zero Season 2 had bad-ass scenes and action. Gilgamesh vs Berseker's aerial battle was better than anything in this UBW adaption. Too much talking, meh 1 minute action scenes with the rest of it just talk, talk, talk. Just straight out terrible.

Are you sure you should say that considering there are still 7 episodes (with the last one being 40 min) left? Quite a bit early for a comparison, don't you think?

Fate/Zero season 2 started bad-ass, and it ended even more bad-ass with Rider vs Gilgamesh and Kiritsugu vs Kirei. It can't surpass it no matter what when the only scene I'm looking forward to is Shirou vs Archer, which will be filled with lots of dialogue/monologue too.
May 9, 2015 7:02 PM
Jun 2014
VarunaBles said:
astroprogs said:
Shirou's scene: DEEN vs ufotable: http://a.pomf.se/vzzygv.mp4

That sh*t had me laughing......at both. DEEN for it's utter ridiculousness and ufotable for the exact opposite.

The Deen version looks way better.
May 9, 2015 7:03 PM

Mar 2015
Just let you guys know, this episode was highly praised among the majority of the AO

I liked the change they made in the "rain of swords " scene,here in the anime, it would look like an asspull if Shirou did it like he did in the VN because we got no further explanation on projection, now that scene gave us Shirou actually copying and analysing the weapons Archer was throwing at him, which is a nice foreshadowing for the future I'm sure
It's ten thousand times better than the DEEN scene which made no sense at all

Now bad points of the ep
--A little rushed
--Saber making a contract with Rin lacked the impact
--Saber x Lancer banter was cut

I actually count the UBW CGI as a mixed point though,I wasn't bothered by it but it could've been done better

4/5

Vanisher said:

Yes it was clear that it was at the same time, and I wasn't talking about that. I was talking after he stopped rin he could've attacked any of them but instead he did nothing until archer appeared.

Not really, Rin's moves damaged Caster magic circuits so she wouldn't be able to use her magic for attack/defense and to augment Souchirou moves. SInce Shirou & Rinpoved themselves to be no child's play he told casterto call saber up because a controlled Saber would be the ideal way to deal with them
MightyM16May 9, 2015 7:21 PM
May 9, 2015 7:04 PM

Feb 2015
Dashingfella said:
Grey-Zone said:

Are you sure you should say that considering there are still 7 episodes (with the last one being 40 min) left? Quite a bit early for a comparison, don't you think?

Fate/Zero season 2 started bad-ass, and it ended even more bad-ass with Rider vs Gilgamesh and Kiritsugu vs Kirei. It can't surpass it no matter what when the only scene I'm looking forward to is Shirou vs Archer, which will be filled with lots of dialogue/monologue too.

welcome to fate franchise its not about battles or death game its about the charaters

also the fight with gil and rider wasnt even a fight and kerry and kirei wasnt good either
May 9, 2015 7:05 PM

Nov 2014
Dashingfella said:
VarunaBles said:

That sh*t had me laughing......at both. DEEN for it's utter ridiculousness and ufotable for the exact opposite.

What? Are you serious? Oh man....
May 9, 2015 7:05 PM

Aug 2013
Dashingfella said:
At least Fate/Zero three month break had a purpose. Fate/Zero Season 2 had bad-ass scenes and action. Gilgamesh vs Berseker's aerial battle was better than anything in this UBW adaption. Too much talking, meh 1 minute action scenes with the rest of it just talk, talk, talk. Just straight out terrible.

So some people actually liked the Gil vs Berserker dogfight? It was one of the most embarasing shit I have ever seen.
May 9, 2015 7:07 PM

Oct 2014
Dashingfella said:
Grey-Zone said:

So for you only the action scenes matter? That's fine, everyone can have their own opinion on what matters, just take note that action is secondary in the whole Fate/ franchise.
May 9, 2015 7:07 PM

Nov 2014
Skenn said:
Dashingfella said:

So some people actually liked the Gil vs Berserker dogfight? It was one of the most embarasing shit I have ever seen.

Ikr? If Gil wasn't so arrogant and actually brought up his high quality weapons (like he did with Herc), F/Z Berserker wouldn't last 1 episode.
May 9, 2015 7:10 PM

Mar 2015
FuttButar said:
Is there any hope for Shirou x Saber? :( idgaf about Rin.

Fate route or F/SN from 2006 but I advise against that
May 9, 2015 7:11 PM

Mar 2015
Dashingfella said:
VarunaBles said:

You need to change your eyes, seriously
May 9, 2015 7:12 PM

May 2010
Wha, people really disliked this episode? Dunno, for me it felt so short but as good as always. Though I couldn't focus 100% because of Saber's ponytail, it looked too cuuuute~

And dang, Lancer is still a bro, luv him :3
May 9, 2015 7:16 PM

Mar 2013
Dashingfella said:

F/Z generally has similar amounts of dialogue. The action is arguably spaced out better in the second half, but there's a fuckload of talk talk talk in Zero too.

Skenn said:
CookingPriest said:
Catch 22

If you read the VN, you can no longer enjoy ufoubw because you begin to see how awful it is.

No.
You definitly don't need to know every details to enjoy ufoubw, and hopefully they didn't put every explanations from the VN in this adaptation. Don't you realise how terrible FSN chuuni walls of text would be in an anime? Of course everything is deeper in the visual novel, but that was only possible because it is a visual novel.
Now I won't pretend this adaptation is perfect, it's quite average and I was expecting better too, but you're just asking for the impossible. It's still a pretty decent show, with nice fight scenes overall, and characters that actually have some depth compared to DEEN's. I'm pretty sure it's still entertaining for both newcomers and people who read the VN, as long as they don't expect too much from it.

Exactly.

Plenty of people are enjoying this adaptation just fine regardless. It's incredibly presumptuous to say that it cannot be enjoyed in the face of that.

VarunaBles said:
Skenn said:

Ikr? If Gil wasn't so arrogant and actually brought up his high quality weapons (like he did with Herc), F/Z Berserker wouldn't last 1 episode.

Fuck you guys, that scene was one of the better action scenes in the series. Shot composition was brilliant all the way through. So what if he was just toying with Berserker, it was fucking badass.
May 9, 2015 7:20 PM

Nov 2014
fst said:
Fuck you guys, that scene was one of the better action scenes in the series. Shot composition was brilliant all the way through. So what if he was just toying with Berserker, it was fucking badass.

I know it was mostly badass, but still, it was embarrassing for a certain someone and made F/Z Berserker look like he was a badass from hell that could take him on.
May 9, 2015 7:26 PM

Mar 2013
VarunaBles said:
fst said:

I know it was mostly badass, but still, it was embarrassing for a certain someone and made F/Z Berserker look like he was a badass from hell that could take him on.

It was obvious that Gil was just toying with him

May 9, 2015 7:27 PM

Aug 2013
fst said:

I don't know man, it really felt out of place in my opinion, and the CGI were looking terrible IIRC. I thought this scene was really embarrassing.
SKNNMay 9, 2015 7:35 PM
May 9, 2015 7:27 PM
Jun 2014
Forgetfulness said:
CookingPriest said:

Catch 22

Catch 23

You need to read the VN to see how "bad" this adaptation is
If you've read the VN, you can no longer accurately predict what anime-onlies will think of the show because you aren't one.

Seriously, there are plenty of people who are enjoying it :|

But that doesn't count since Shirou is a stupid generic shounen character and everything about this anime is just horrible! /s
May 9, 2015 7:29 PM

Oct 2014
Forgetfulness said:
Catch 23

You need to read the VN to see how "bad" this adaptation is possibly nitpick even the most irrelevant detail for the sole purpose of trashtalking the show and its director
If you've read the VN, you can no longer accurately predict what anime-onlies will think of the show because you aren't one.

fix'd
May 9, 2015 7:30 PM

Mar 2013
xcllnt said:
Forgetfulness said:
Catch 23

But that doesn't count since Shirou is a stupid generic shounen character and everything about this anime is just horrible! /s

Never let the facts get in the way asserting your own self-superiority over the filthy secondaries.
May 9, 2015 7:32 PM

Sep 2014
Grey-Zone said:
Dashingfella said:

he's only watching this for fights dude....he thinks Fate is a battle series.
May 9, 2015 7:32 PM

Oct 2014
Maloghurst said:
Grey-Zone said:

he's only watching this for fights dude....he thinks Fate is a battle series.

Yea, see my next post after that. I noticed.
May 9, 2015 7:34 PM

Sep 2014
VarunaBles said:
fst said:

pretty sure "badass" really all what gen was going for.
May 9, 2015 7:34 PM

Nov 2014
fst said:
It was obvious that Gil was just toying with him

It was obvious but Gil going mad made it look like he, in turn, got trolled, which is true, if seen from his perspective.

Skenn said:
VarunaBles said:

I don't know man, it really felt out of place in my opinion, and the CGI were looking terrible IIRC. I thought this scene was really embarrassing.

This makes it look like I was the one who said that. XD
May 9, 2015 7:35 PM

Nov 2014
Maloghurst said:

He tried, at least.
May 9, 2015 7:36 PM

Aug 2013
VarunaBles said:
This makes it look like I was the one who said that. XD

Mybad, fixed.
May 9, 2015 7:37 PM

Sep 2014
VarunaBles said:
Maloghurst said:

He tried, at least.
it obviously worked plot contrivences aside.
May 9, 2015 7:40 PM

May 2014
I rewatched it and I think this is one of the rare episodes where the dialogue was up to par but the aesthetics weren't.

Almost everything about Rin's contract and UBW disappointed me to a degree, although UBW's summoning was great, it's implementation was hella underwhelming. The second half was much better, Rin did a good job a succinctly providing a backdrop for Answer.

Zadion posted something that covered everything I wanted to say about Shirou but I can't find it.

I'm pretty let down but I'm still excited for next episode, the era of the bro continues and it seems the build up to answer will be extensive.
May 9, 2015 7:42 PM

Jan 2011
"Faker."

Damn, I got chills.
May 9, 2015 7:42 PM
Apr 2013
What's up with the complaints? UBW just went back like KnK for the action scenes. Quick draw and short but detailed fight scenes is how Ufotable does them. It seems producing lengthy fight scenes in the last season really blew up their budget. Although I can agree with complaints about the faces are drawn.
May 9, 2015 7:43 PM

May 2014
ReaperCreeper said:
"Faker."

Damn, I got chills.

Probably my favorite part.
May 9, 2015 7:44 PM

Oct 2014
By the way, Fai's theory of "majority of AO viewers hating Shirou" has been proven wrong by this episode. I mean if people really hated him, they would show some kind of reaction about the obvious hints in this episode. Or be in complete denial. But I cannot find anything like that. Most people don't seem to hate Shirou, DEEN poison is in the past it seems.
May 9, 2015 7:46 PM

Sep 2014
Grey-Zone said:
By the way, Fai's theory of "majority of AO viewers hating Shirou" has been proven wrong by this episode. I mean if people really hated him, they would show some kind of reaction about the obvious hints in this episode. Or be in complete denial. But I cannot find anything like that. Most people don't seem to hate Shirou, DEEN poison is in the past it seems.
or archer's coolness means shirou doesnt suck to people.....
May 9, 2015 7:46 PM

Feb 2010
Skenn said:
CookingPriest said:
Catch 22

No.

Asking for a fictional world to explain itself is asking for the impossible? Damn we sure are entitled.

xShigarakix said:
Dashingfella said:

welcome to fate franchise its not about battles or death game its about the charaters

also the fight with gil and rider wasnt even a fight and kerry and kirei wasnt good either

If it's about the characters then this isn't doing it right.

MightyM16 said:
Vanisher said:

Yes it was clear that it was at the same time, and I wasn't talking about that. I was talking after he stopped rin he could've attacked any of them but instead he did nothing until archer appeared.

Not really, Rin's moves damaged Caster magic circuits so she wouldn't be able to use her magic for attack/defense and to augment Souchirou moves. SInce Shirou & Rinpoved themselves to be no child's play he told casterto call saber up because a controlled Saber would be the ideal way to deal with them

He was still augmented when he knocked Rin to defend caster. I gueeeesss you could say that caster magic was weakened. But well it's not like they explained how the fuck magic works.

Forgetfulness said:
CookingPriest said:

Catch 22

Catch 23

Except cooking priest has been predicted my reaction as a "anime-only" fairly accurately.
May 9, 2015 7:51 PM

May 2014
Grey-Zone said:

I liked Shirou this episode, he seemed kind of switched on. Although tbh it just makes me sad we didn't get his POV throughout the anime, especially with "I've probably known who he was from the moment I met him."
May 9, 2015 7:55 PM

Sep 2014
Vanisher said:
sadly there is probably an answer to at least 90% of your complaints somewhere throughout the course of FSN..with the Tiger dojo's as icing on the cake to illustrate how often shirou got himself killed....
May 9, 2015 7:56 PM

Mar 2013
Forgetfulness said:
Vanisher said:

Except cooking priest has been predicted my reaction as a "anime-only" fairly accurately.
Damn, I would hate to be you. Complaining about Shirou tripping on imaginary rocks and all!

(no but seriously, would you care to mention a few things you have problems with?
also you're not the only person who's watching F/sn. I'm talking in broad generalizations)

It was bound to be accurate for somebody.

He still isn't quite completely divorced from reality just yet. Still hanging by a meagre thread. In any case, the fact that what he's saying applies to you should be cause for concern for your own sanity.
May 9, 2015 8:08 PM

Feb 2010
Forgetfulness said:
Damn, I would hate to be you. Complaining about Shirou tripping on imaginary rocks and all!

(no but seriously, would you care to mention a few things you have problems with?
also you're not the only person who's watching F/sn. I'm talking in broad generalizations)

On top of my head, some things he said in the last 2 or 3 episodes I could relate too were:

-That there was no reason for me to care about Illya and Caster deaths yet the scenes are made as if we were supposed to care.
-The overall lack of explanations makes a lot of scenes pointless or nonsensical like illya flashback with berserker in the snowfield.
-Rin vs Caster felt like an asspull.
-Shirou is one dimensional and Rin is just a generic tsundere.
May 9, 2015 8:10 PM

Aug 2013
VarunaBles said:
Skenn said:

Except that Gil never would take out his high quality weapons on F/Z Berserker, so that point is kind of irrelevant. He states in season 1 that he doesn't want his treasure tainted by Lancelot, so it should be obvious that he would never use a weapon as precious to him as EA on him, nor his Chains... Those are two of his most prized possessions right? SO those are exactly the weapons that you could never expect Gil to use, he's too prideful, and that's the same in FSN in all routes, he arguably could not be beatable by anyone if it wasn't for his pride, so the fact that he wouldn't use those against Berserker in the Dog fight made an exceptional amount of sense when you analyze his character .
May 9, 2015 8:11 PM

Mar 2013
Vanisher said:
Forgetfulness said:

On top of my head, some things he said in the last 2 or 3 episodes I could relate too were:

-That there was no reason for me to care about Illya and Caster deaths yet the scenes are made as if we were supposed to care.
-The overall lack of explanations makes a lot of scenes pointless or nonsensical like illya flashback with berserker in the snowfield.

The secondary is stronk with this one.
May 9, 2015 8:14 PM

Jul 2013
Really, i kept reading through all the pages reading how the UBW scene was rushed, But when you actually look at the VN, is pretty much the same, really. I mean, maybe you could say that they cutted the narration (and the non-spoken ones) But thats it. One of the main complaints being how Shirou starts creating swords and reflecting Archer´s rain with his hands, but in the VN, we dont see it, which leads to the other complaint, the scene suddenly skipping to when Rin is Kidnapped, but fun enough is that it also happened like that in the VN, actually at least here we got to see Shirou how he deflected the swords, nothing was seen in the VN

What i do see is indeed diferent is Archer projecting swords rather than using that weird Psychokinesis on the swords on the ground

Also, the Unlimited Blade Works scenery looked good enough for me, My only problem was the ground, and that was ONLY when it was moving.

They do cut stuff from the VN, that is clear, but they keep the esentia or the important parts, looking at it, there wasnt a moment i thought that they cutted something important. The episode for me did felt faster than the VN, but never Rushed

So for me the episode is 4/5
Reymon698May 9, 2015 8:17 PM
no
May 9, 2015 8:21 PM

Nov 2014
Jacksworld said:

Except that Gil never would take out his high quality weapons on F/Z Berserker, so that point is kind of irrelevant. He states in season 1 that he doesn't want his treasure tainted by F/Z Zerker, so it should be obvious that he would never use a weapon as precious to him as EA on him, nor his Chains... Those are two of his most prized possessions right? SO those are exactly the weapons that you could never expect Gil to use, he's too prideful, and that's the same in FSN in all routes, he arguably could not be beatable by anyone if it wasn't for his pride, so the fact that he wouldn't use those against Berserker in the Dog fight made an exceptional amount of sense when you analyze his character .

Uh ok? I already knew that. Gil not taking out his high quality weapons was exactly why I commented. Gil has more than enough weapons to beat F/Z Zerker with. He doesn't even need those 2. It makes sense, I agree. It was still stupid of him.

Personally? It would've been really cool if Gil slaughtered him instantly but that's just me, instead we get to see him mouth off someone who's FAR below him when there was no need to. I guess they were setting him up for FSN?
VarunaBlesMay 9, 2015 8:26 PM
May 9, 2015 8:22 PM

Nov 2012
Vanisher said:
Forgetfulness said:

Have you watched Fate Zero?
Jaywalker.
May 9, 2015 8:22 PM

Sep 2014
Vanisher said:
Forgetfulness said:

with illiya she one of those characters your gonna have to wait for the upcoming adaptation to get the gravity of her character. here is is just the grail vessel. since you as an anime only don't have a Saber route adaptation you miss out on a lot of illiya stuff since she was one of the big "boss fights" of that story. it will make more sense when the next adaptation comes out and the scene is there to maintain world consistency. but right now she's more or less just the grails vessel. if you were able to decipher the plot reveal of her character from the flashback congrats you got her reveal and her role for heaven's feel. for the most part just think of the illiya stuff as foreshadowing for the next adaptation. also to point out this also give some characterisation for berserker..because he certainly wont be getting much.....

caster despite them adding in some anime original content for her..it's a bit wasted....to make things worst they cut out what made fans like caster. though do note that not everyone care much for caster it's just a person by person thing.

rins vs caster wasnt really an asspull. her caretaker for the last 10 years was Kirei and he taught her how to fight. there are however some rather easy to forget things that your not gonna remember watching this week by week to see this coming. the caster type servant's trade direct combat ability for powerful magic. remember how coolaid man was able to punch out caster? so all rin did was make use of the only advantage she possibly could have had to fight her. those gems she's using to cover herself still took 10 years worth of mana to build up.
May 9, 2015 8:25 PM

Sep 2014
Jacksworld said:
spoiler that berserker name....just because F/Z is out and old doesnt mean it's not a spoiler.
May 9, 2015 8:30 PM

Mar 2015
Vanisher said:
Forgetfulness said:

don't know if it's bait or just dumbness...
May 9, 2015 8:38 PM

Aug 2013
Vanisher said:

-IMO you're not supposed to care much about Caster, at least most people I know never really cared about her while reading the VN. Illya isn't important in UBW, so ofc you don't really care either, people who read HF do tho.
-The Illya flashback in the snowfield isn't more explain in the VN IIRC, but it's quite easy to interpret IMO.
-Idk, caster being weak at close range seems logical I think. I don't really remember how this goes in the VN, but let's face it, VN has quite a lot of stuff that feel like "asspulls" but get explain later out of the VN (material books, interviews, etc...).
-Shirou grows in every FSN route, ofc he may seems one dimensional (well I don't think he's but whatever) if you only experience a single route. As for Rin, she's a tsundere ofc, what's wrong with it ? What do you mean by "generic"? She's quite complex, and I think the prologue fleshed her personality quite well.
SKNNMay 9, 2015 8:41 PM
May 9, 2015 8:42 PM

Oct 2014
"Shirou is one-dimensional"? That's nonsensical. If that were the case, Archer would never get into a conflict with Shirou.
May 9, 2015 8:43 PM

Aug 2013
Not being a fan of the unlimited blade works route in general l do have to agree this was incredibly rushed.
huh
May 9, 2015 8:47 PM

Aug 2013
Grey-Zone said:
"Shirou is one-dimensional"? That's nonsensical. If that were the case, Archer would never get into a conflict with Shirou.

Well Shirou may be a bit hard to understand, that's why some people find him uninteresting even after reading the VN I guess (yeah some people just miss completely the point).
May 9, 2015 8:49 PM

Nov 2011
idgaf if it was rushed. I enjoyed this episode and UBW was freaking awesome.

Pages (26) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1557 by Swatheesh123 »»
Apr 9, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 13, 2015

1574 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 17, 2015

1448 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:40 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 9, 2015

1316 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:35 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1282 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 16, 7:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.