Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion

May 9, 2015 4:03 PM

fst said:
I don't get why everybody thinks UBW looks strange

It doesn't help that people can't explain what looks wrong with it beyond some vague claim of crappy CG.

I think UBW looked strange, though I didn't blame it on any particular thing.

If I had to describe what made it seem strange, I'd say in the OP and PV from last season, when I saw it I thought it looked good, but this time, mostly when the camera was panning around, it seemed.... overly-artificial? I'm not sure that's the right way to say it either. During still scenes it didn't bother me, it just kinda didn't line up with what I expected during the scenes with a lot of motion.

EDIT: Also, the gears looked.... too smooth? To me, at least.

May 9, 2015 4:03 PM

ooo333 said:
Its amazing how the UBW movie by DEEN is more entertaining... and thats not saying much.

Nah, i wouldn't go that far. That movie wa a total train-wreck and did too many wrong things.+ If ur comparing the story as a whole then this series isn't even finished yet.

May 9, 2015 4:04 PM

Unlimited Cloud Works.

Clouds are the best thing in this adaptation... I shouldn't have read the VN between the two seasons, I can't enjoy it anymore when I realise how badly adapted it is. :/

May 9, 2015 4:07 PM

Krovarion said:
Unlimited Cloud Works.

Clouds are the best thing in this adaptation... I shouldn't have read the VN between the two seasons, I can't enjoy it anymore when I realise how badly adapted it is. :/

Except it's actually fine...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

May 9, 2015 4:07 PM

Well, this episode was pretty underwhelming so far. Most of the complaints are pretty valid despite being nitpicks and even I can't argue against that.

But seriously, I think ufotable is between rock and hard place right now. Going original like Saber vs Berserker in Ep03 and Taiga-napping in Ep12 already garnered hate everywhere. Going as canon suggest rushingly without any good improvizations like this episode garnered even more hate.

ufotable's situation is set in stone, and become the same as this show's theme message:

"You can't save everyone no matter how hard you try"

May 9, 2015 4:09 PM

Krovarion said:
Unlimited Cloud Works.

It was the opposite for me, I couldn't enjoy the first season because it felt like I was missing half of what was going on.

May 9, 2015 4:15 PM

While the "it's rushed!" complaints are over blown, I can't deny that the show IS rushed. The first cour was paced, pretty damn well though. It makes me think that the show would have benefited from being longer. Honestly with all the content the VN has, in that route alone even, you could stretch it out another 10 or so episodes pretty easily. If you think that conflicts with what I said before, it doesn't, that's just how dense the VN is.

May 9, 2015 4:21 PM

Lancer appeared [✓] 10/10.

May 9, 2015 4:23 PM

Good episode I think, didn't feel too rushed.

May 9, 2015 4:24 PM

Shintai said:
While the "it's rushed!" complaints are over blown, I can't deny that the show IS rushed. The first cour was paced, pretty damn well though. It makes me think that the show would have benefited from being longer. Honestly with all the content the VN has, in that route alone even, you could stretch it out another 10 or so episodes pretty easily. If you think that conflicts with what I said before, it doesn't, that's just how dense the VN is.

It's already confirmed that the first 4 episodes from the second cour have multiple minutes cut. One episode is confirmed to have 5 min cut, another even confirmed to have 7(!) min cut. Considering the second cour has effectively 2-3 episodes worth of content less, BD additions make a lot more sense, since otherwise the gap between the amount of content between BD1 and BD2 would be too great.

May 9, 2015 4:25 PM

ProphecyPriest said:
Well, this episode was pretty underwhelming so far. Most of the complaints are pretty valid despite being nitpicks and even I can't argue against that.

But seriously, I think ufotable is between rock and hard place right now. Going original like Saber vs Berserker in Ep03 and Taiga-napping in Ep12 already garnered hate everywhere. Going as canon suggest rushingly without any good improvizations like this episode garnered even more hate.

ufotable's situation is set in stone, and become the same as this show's theme message:

"You can't save everyone no matter how hard you try"

Could've dragged it out a bit and focused on expressions and such.
The sun is a deadly laser

May 9, 2015 4:28 PM

Grey-Zone said:
Shintai said:

It's already confirmed that the first 4 episodes from the second cour have multiple minutes cut. One episode is confirmed to have 5 min cut, another even confirmed to have 7(!) min cut. Considering the second cour has effectively 2-3 episodes worth of content less, BD additions make a lot more sense, since otherwise the gap between the amount of content between BD1 and BD2 would be too great.

I dunno dude, I am still bitter about the first cour only getting like, 2-3 minutes worth of extra content. I am not sure I am ready to believe that ufo will add that content back in.

May 9, 2015 4:29 PM

2.5/5

That UBW blade spam was underwhelming as hell. Shirou deflecting the blades with slightly less mad skillz like with DEEN UBW Shirou really leaves a bad taste in my mouth, I mean, they could've just shown him blade spamming Archer back! On the other hand, I loved Saber's ponytail and everything else was pretty good (except the weird pacing).

Modified by VarunaBles, May 9, 2015 5:03 PM

May 9, 2015 4:33 PM

Z4k said:
I'm glad I wasn't the only one that noticed the weird pacing this episode. It was mainly more noticeable during the scenes when Archer used UBW which ended abruptly. And here's the thing, I don't understand why Ufo is rushing things now when they were pretty much taking their sweet time in the first cour. There's also the fights in this cour which have been really short and unimpressive.

Yea i'm thinking maybe Archers back story or Shirou's back story will be expanded on or something, because I can agree it seems more rushed than necessary. Anime original scenes are probably confirmed by now, I just hope they don't do damage.

dannyothello said:
Ufotable officially announced several times on their social media pages this season that there were scenes cut out due to TV restrictions while they never really did for the first cour. They never really promised anything for the first cour: the extra scenes hype was caused by people's misinterpretation of info on the ufo website.

Well technically all the double episodes and stuff amount to a lot of what is being cut in this cour. While they did 3 double length episodes in cour 1 we are only getting episode 24/5 (whatever number it is). That means about 2 episodes worth of extra scenes less than the first cour, so they'll probably make up for it in the blurays.

May 9, 2015 4:42 PM

Pretty underwhelming episode...felt very rushed. That part with Archer's UBW was too short lol and the way the reality marble ended was abrupt as hell. Great animations though.

3/5

May 9, 2015 4:45 PM

We can only hope ufo pulls through on the blu rays this time......

May 9, 2015 4:49 PM

i watched the old fsn anime an movie an somehow i didnt remember Archers identity, i thought he was Kiritsugu
anyway just waiting for the school bully to get brutally killed soon, they should ve made a smart an capable master for Gil instead of wasting time with that pathetic character

May 9, 2015 4:52 PM

silversaint said:
i watched the old fsn anime an movie an somehow i didnt remember Archers identity, i thought he was Kiritsugu
anyway just waiting for the school bully to get brutally killed soon, they should ve made a smart an capable master for Gil instead of wasting time with that pathetic character

Don't worry. Everyone forgets anything DEEN (the studio that created the old movie) because of how horrible their take on the Fate series is.

May 9, 2015 5:04 PM

KamiCity said:
Vanisher said:

90% of the fights are the same, the enemies escape because *insert poor excuse here* (sometimes without excuse) and they simply don't kill each other when they can like Archer doing nothing while Rin makes the pact, saber staying still against archer, Souchirou not killing Shirou and Rin when he could last chapter, etc.

Shirou simply has the plot armor and the personality of a poorly written shounen.

That's not what I asked, I asked you to define generic and apply it to the show. You didn't do that. You are now talking about something completely different.

Except that I'm talking about what makes this generic.

Archer was surprised by Rin making the pact so he stalled (obvious), when he made a move, shirou attacked (obvious), Saber is closer and faster than archer (obvious). Explain to me how exactly Archer could have done anything in that situation, besides maybe hit shirou. Not enough to kill him mind you, remember he's by saber again so auto-heal is back on.

Better than staying still for 15 seconds.

Rin would have killed Caster if Souchirou went after Shirou, It was also obvious that both those fights were happening simultaneously. I mean it's hard to show that in an anime, but still it was pretty clear.

Yes it was clear that it was at the same time, and I wasn't talking about that. I was talking after he stopped rin he could've attacked any of them but instead he did nothing until archer appeared.

Plot Armor = No excuses, he was saved because of plot. You said he was saved by "poor excuses" (whatever that means), that's a contradiction so it makes no sense.
Also what is a poorly written shonen? You do understand Shonen just means boy right? It's not a genre it's a demographic, your argument makes no sense.

You don't seem to understand what plot armor means. Yes I know what Shounen means and you clearly know what I meant don't play dumb.

Not sure why I'm bothering with you after all the stupid shit you said in the Aldnoah threads.

May 9, 2015 5:06 PM

Great episode this week. You guys take the fun out of this show by complaining about it so fucking much. This is way better than DEEN's adaptation, even if it is rushed.

May 9, 2015 5:08 PM

very good episode

and let's not expect TOO much of the blu-ray we know what happens after...

May 9, 2015 5:12 PM

Can someone explain me why Rin didn't use a command seal to teleport Saber near her, like Shirou did in the high school that was cursed with Rider's spell.

May 9, 2015 5:17 PM

iAmZiro said:
Can someone explain me why Rin didn't use a command seal to teleport Saber near her, like Shirou did in the high school that was cursed with Rider's spell.

It's obvious who Archer is and I think Rin simply wants to go and talk some sense into him.

Edit: Sorry 'bout earlier.
Modified by VarunaBles, May 9, 2015 5:40 PM

May 9, 2015 5:20 PM

Lollo36 said:
Krovarion said:
Unlimited Cloud Works.

It was the opposite for me, I couldn't enjoy the first season because it felt like I was missing half of what was going on.

Catch 22

You need VN to understand and not be confused by ufoubw, so you can enjoy it.
If you read the VN, you can no longer enjoy ufoubw because you begin to see how awful it is.

May 9, 2015 5:23 PM

VarunaBles said:

Rin does not have any command spells left. They just glowed to signify the contract.

May 9, 2015 5:27 PM

I'm usually one to defend ufo UBW but I have to admit that this episode was disappointing as well as underwhelming. It was rushed as hell. What are they going to do in the next 7 freaking episodes? And the CGI was pretty bad. I thought that this was supposed to be Unlimited Budget Works, dammit.
Life has meaning.

May 9, 2015 5:28 PM

Unlimited Blade Works rushed the Unlimited Blade Works scene. Sasuga Ufotable. Aside from that, I liked the rest of the episode.

May 9, 2015 5:28 PM

DamnThatsTheSpot said:
VarunaBles said:

Rin does not have any command spells left. They just glowed to signify the contract.

Actually 3. As I already explained, due to how the seals work in the system.

May 9, 2015 5:29 PM

well, very underwhelming episode.
-Archer kicking around Saber seemed like it could have lasted just a little bit longer. would have made for bigger buildup to the pact with Rin
-dont understand their small change to the pact scene itself just seemed like an excuse just to leave out the "was gonna let saber pact with rin but it's happening too soon".
-saber going to full power was soo downplayed. with all the fanservicyness this anime has i was at least hoping for seiba's DBZ pose and energy discharge.
-no saber/lancer banter....this isnt saber's route but man they really dont wanna give her much shit do they?..sorry seiba fans..
-UBW i wanna wait til i see the BD to draw a conclusion on the looks seemed like one of those things that is gonna get cleaned up. the PV UBW and UBW looked much better.
-LOL dat shirou....wow..okay neat we got to see shirou's analytical skills but jesus it's all been just terrible. shirou running in like that to deflect weapons is pushing borderline DEEN. why not have him sword rain? why the hell would archer only send a couple of swords at a time it completely takes away from the threat of the conflict. and why did they just have a blackout cut? it's not like we're in shirou's POV in the anime. the whole scene felt way too short also.
-looks like they cut a bit more of the lancer bits...just to fit what they put into this episode. unlimited rush works who needs characterization it's only lancer and saber.
-that rin monologue though. man i'm just lovin how rin gets all this monologue but shirou barely gets any. for shirou this ep feels like it took 2 steps back for him. i can live without that small rin X archer line it aint gonna kill me. this stuff really felt like it should have been in the next episode. the pacing is just..too fast..i think we may get Bazzete next episode...they hella set it up i think they can pull it off.

def one of the most underwhelming episodes for me. this adaptation just feels like it has no realy feeling behind it, even souless. the OST is really lacking and it's a real shame because the OST is nice. this anime could have def slowed some scenes down and made full use of the OST to build tension. this feels like all their trying to do is just get shit out of the way so they can get money.

ep 3/5 based shinji. "archer you stand no chance against me" CAN SERVANTS KILL SHINJI

inb4:
ungrateful fanboy
just salty
how dare you say anything negative about this perfect adaptation
indoctrination
"anime not a 1;1" argument
anime is superior to the VN

i know i missed a few but that should be the gist of it.

MAL pls....keeps loging me off...

May 9, 2015 5:30 PM
This episode must be the most rushed one by far. Also, Ufo has cut important stuff and modified some scenes, like the strenghth disparity between masterless Saber and Rin!Saber. UBW did not look as good as it was expected to. Archer projecting stuff inside UBW instead of taking advantage of the swords that are already there hinders the whole point of casting it in the first place. Shirou going melee to deflect the attacks is silly as well. It bothers me how in this adaptation Archer only projects one type of Noble Phantasm at time, when during the VN that are a variety of them. Rin had a quite long monologue, but Shirou needs it more.

And again, WHAT A RUSHED episode...

May 9, 2015 5:34 PM

CookingPriest said:
DamnThatsTheSpot said:

Nah it's just 2

May 9, 2015 5:39 PM

^ Right. Sorry. I'll edit it.

May 9, 2015 5:40 PM

I found it to be a great episode, but I confess the pacing did feel a bit weird. The main problem I have is that it's been long enough since I read the VN that I can't recall what content was cut, yet it still somehow feels like some important content was cut. UBW scene needed to be longer, that's about all I consciously noticed.

I dunno, I'm still thoroughly enjoying this season. I feel like the people who are saying "omg this is as bad as deen" and "soon there will be no UBW anime" as if this adaption is utter trash are really not giving it enough benefit.

As far as I can tell, there are only two real problems with this adaption:
1. No Shirou monologues means Shirou is doomed to be a one-dimensional character.
2. It's failing to thoroughly explore the series' themes or philosophy that made the UBW route worthwhile. Like, during this episode I find myself asking, "Uh... what was Shirou's ideal again?"

Still quite a solid episode.

Discord: Zadion#0202
RateYourMusic
last.fm

May 9, 2015 5:41 PM

DamnThatsTheSpot said:
CookingPriest said:

Nah it's just 2

Yeah

chances are they wont explain it.

ufo explaining stuff in ufofsn ? you must be joking.

May 9, 2015 5:46 PM

i feel so dumb lool, i just realized now after watching a review that shiro is archer x'D
dis gurl was in da hospital becuz she had cancers in her eye, den her boyfreind said ¨i am goin to leave u cuz u cant see how much i luv u¨. da gurl was all liek ¨noo, y did u laeve me¨ and then da doctor comes in and say ¨we found sum eyes 4 u 2 haev¨ and den da gurl was leik ¨how¨ and da doctur said ur bf killt hisself so u culd have his eye an he said dat u can chow much he love u becuz u hav his eyes now and he can lok at u wenever u c a mirror¨ and da gurl was all leik ¨omg¨.
xXx...REPOST DIS IF U CRY EVRYTIME...xXx

May 9, 2015 5:48 PM
CookingPriest said:
DamnThatsTheSpot said:

Nah it's just 2

Yeah

Another strange thing is that they made Caster mention the Lesser Grail, which is not the focus of this route and won't even be explained, so why bother including those lines in the first place? I just hope they are not going to shoehorn lame filler stuff, because considering the pace, I wonder how much meat we have left for the last 6 or 7 episodes.

May 9, 2015 5:50 PM
DEEN did a better job with Rin's contract and Shirou's fight in UBW...

May 9, 2015 5:52 PM

Archer identity revealed

Archer and Shirou's battle commences

dat preview images : 0

May 9, 2015 5:53 PM

superzombie23 said:

Shirou's fight is still a few more episodes off.

May 9, 2015 5:55 PM
VarunaBles said:
superzombie23 said:

Shirou's fight is still a few more episodes off.

I'm talking about him projecting stuff and barely showing anything this episode in the reality marble, but nvm that part is pretty accurate to the VN when i just reread it.

May 9, 2015 5:59 PM

UltimateForm said:
i feel so dumb lool, i just realized now after watching a review that shiro is archer x'D
dont worry many people didnt catch it, they off-handedly told you back when Rin brought up the pendant, and they basically were gonna keep telling you until it's outright said. Archer name flat out being said was the last thing they're gonna do....

May 9, 2015 6:02 PM

CookingPriest said:
DamnThatsTheSpot said:

Nah it's just 2

Yeah

What happened to Kuzuki's spells? I presume he didn't use any so that should be 3 more back in the pool when he died.

May 9, 2015 6:04 PM

Zadion said:
2. It's failing to thoroughly explore the series' themes or philosophy that made the UBW route worthwhile. Like, during this episode I find myself asking, "Uh... what was Shirou's ideal again?"

If you read half of the VN UBW route in 3 months, then take a 3 month break and then read the rest within 3 months, then I am quite sure the same problem would occur.

In other words: If you marathon the series just like one does with the VN, then this is not an issue.

May 9, 2015 6:06 PM

By the way, even the people of Beast's Lair are admitting now that "I can replicate his rain of swords" does not necessarily have to refer to swordspam, but possibly just to the swords. Since there ARE other people who share this opinion, I am going back to believing in it insisting on it myself.

May 9, 2015 6:34 PM

Zapredon said:
Assassin still around right?

RIP.

I've been digging this anime so far, and mostly disagree with everything Fai says, but ugh, this episode WAS really rushed and bad. I'm sorry, it really was disappointing.

Shirou's character is all over the place and confusing is probably the biggest problem.

What the hell are they going to do with the rest of the episodes?
Brave Heart~

Dislikes politics.

May 9, 2015 6:50 PM
At least Fate/Zero three month break had a purpose. Fate/Zero Season 2 had bad-ass scenes and action. Gilgamesh vs Berseker's aerial battle was better than anything in this UBW adaption. Too much talking, meh 1 minute action scenes with the rest of it just talk, talk, talk. Just straight out terrible.

May 9, 2015 6:50 PM
Is there any hope for Shirou x Saber? :( idgaf about Rin.

May 9, 2015 6:51 PM

May 9, 2015 6:51 PM

FuttButar said:
Is there any hope for Shirou x Saber? :( idgaf about Rin.

Again, they only get together in the Fate route.

May 9, 2015 6:52 PM

Dashingfella said:
At least Fate/Zero three month break had a purpose. Fate/Zero Season 2 had bad-ass scenes and action. Gilgamesh vs Berseker's aerial battle was better than anything in this UBW adaption. Too much talking, meh 1 minute action scenes with the rest of it just talk, talk, talk. Just straight out terrible.

Are you sure you should say that considering there are still 7 episodes (with the last one being 40 min) left? Quite a bit early for a comparison, don't you think?

Pages (26) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »