Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion


May 9, 2015 11:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 4634
Walk in...

Read a few posts...

Walk out...

See you next week.
 
May 9, 2015 11:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 4333
Only thing decent about this episode was Seibah Ponytail and "Faker". The rest of it sucked. Going to rewatch DEEN/night to wipe my memory of ufo/night.
 
May 9, 2015 11:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 5524
ChickenFry said:
Walk in...

Read a few posts...

Walk out...

See you next week.

Noooo!

My assistant keeps abandoning me :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
May 9, 2015 11:21 AM

Online
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 17429
astroprogs said:
Mathias2001 said:
It's 7 episode content, not 5 episode content.

It's 5 episode content because the last double length episode is the payoff.

Othi-tan said:
Not 17 eps.7 eps since his first projection and in the last eps he has been doing better.Archer said it when he healed him didnt he?That he would be better in his magic in a couple days.
I dont think any VN reader thought Shirou would what he did later on with a good reason and the VN(through Rin ) gave one.

I didn't mean only his powers build up, i also meant his character.
Better doesn't mean being able to... do what he'll do later on.
The VN built him up better IMO. Shirou's slope up doesn't have to be THIS curved.
Showing the "rain" helped. Explaining how he's able to use his weapons with this much skill helped.

Shirou doesn't have to be like this in episode 17. The payoff isn't that far off.

That's subjective.Even with the VN there are people that dont see him as cool or badass in every scene and fight.

But the rain itself came out of nowhere just because "if he can do it I can too".

Shirou looking like a badass is entirely subjective.As you can see here, Shirou rolling away from Archer in the VN is more badass than getting in his way in the anime.
 
May 9, 2015 11:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 996
ChickenFry said:
Walk in...

Read a few posts...

Walk out...

See you next week.

 
May 9, 2015 11:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 5524
Guilek said:
ChickenFry said:
Walk in...

Read a few posts...

Walk out...

See you next week.


Actually, this is more accurate:
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
May 9, 2015 11:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 996
Mickdrew said:
Guilek said:


Actually, this is more accurate:

Nice one, I will keep this gif.
 
May 9, 2015 11:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 4245
Archer can spawn swords out of nowhere! Gilgamesh HATE him!
More seriously, I always loved Gilgamesh ''Faker'' nickname he gave Archer. So simple and effective.

Shinji just can't stop being the massive pile of shit he is. That dude have no redeemable point at all. On a Itou Makoto jerk level scale, he's a 12/10. Oh well, if he touch Lancer waifu... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

If you haven't understood Archer identity yet... Well, it will be revealed next episode for the oblivious you! :D
By the time, he's looking for a way to kill Shirou. Shirou sure have a lot of luck, all these women trying to protect him. He's a girl magnet. Fuckin' magnets, how do they work??
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
 
May 9, 2015 11:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
minouneetzoe said:

More seriously, I always loved Gilgamesh ''Faker'' nickname he gave Archer. So simple and effective.

Its not a nickname. it is a technical term for that kind of magic -__-

minouneetzoe said:

By the time, he's looking for a way to kill Shirou. Shirou sure have a lot of luck, all these women trying to protect him. He's a girl magnet. Fuckin' magnets, how do they work??


Except that for most parts he ends up protecting himself and having to protect them -_-

Also one girl = girl magnet. Wut?
 
May 9, 2015 11:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 9193
CookingPriest said:
astroprogs said:

It's 5 episode content because the last double length episode is the payoff.


Correction: technically whole second half SHOULD be pay off, because build up is first half.
By that merit alone it won't be done.

FIrst half should have characterized shirou, fleshed out his ideology, powers, characterization, showcased lore, Rin/Shirou relationship.
Second half after Taiganapping IS the pay off. You are not supposed to "start learning" you are supposed to starting putting stuff together and seeing it pay off.

I disagree. I believe the payoff to the entirety of UBW is in the last couple of scenes.
Even episodes 20 and 21 are build up to that.

Othi-tan said:
That's subjective.Even with the VN there are people that dont see him as cool or badass in every scene and fight.

But the rain itself came out of nowhere just because "if he can do it I can too".

Shirou looking like a badass is entirely subjective.As you can see here, Shirou rolling away from Archer in the VN is more badass than getting in his way in the anime.

"That's subjective." Absolutely, but while some people didn't think he's cool in the VN, I've never scene a first timer praise Shirou outside of the "Rin-sama" scene, which was done really well incidentally.
Shirou's achievements are insanely badass by the end. This Shirou doesn't seem like he even deserves to have that honor.
Don't get me wrong, the second cour fixed a lot of my issues with his presentation compared to the first, but i don't think it's still enough.

Everything Shirou did this episode was badass, i never argued against that. I'm saying it could've been even more badass by just following that bit of the scene faithfully.
Modified by astroprogs, May 9, 2015 11:39 AM
 
May 9, 2015 11:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 9028
minouneetzoe said:
Archer can spawn swords out of nowhere! Gilgamesh HATE him!
More seriously, I always loved Gilgamesh ''Faker'' nickname he gave Archer. So simple and effective.

Shinji just can't stop being the massive pile of shit he is. That dude have no redeemable point at all. On a Itou Makoto jerk level scale, he's a 12/10. Oh well, if he touch Lancer waifu... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

If you haven't understood Archer identity yet... Well, it will be revealed next episode for the oblivious you! :D
By the time, he's looking for a way to kill Shirou. Shirou sure have a lot of luck, all these women trying to protect him. He's a girl magnet. Fuckin' magnets, how do they work??


Episode after next. Apparently the fight is between episodes 20 & 21. 19 is something else.
The sun is a deadly laser
 
May 9, 2015 11:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 2745
Ahhh by the looks of it most of the VN readers are salty as ever......perfect.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
 
May 9, 2015 11:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 567
uh, why are you guys raging so hard? o_o
i thought it was fine?

anyway, L>shinji rekting so hard now >_<
if i could punch him through my screen, i would punch him so hard... into his face... with a chair... from a cliff...
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
 
May 9, 2015 11:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 2482
Ugh. Probably the worst episode so far.

Did not enjoy it one bit.
 
May 9, 2015 11:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
Urek said:
uh, why are you guys raging so hard? o_o
i thought it was fine?


If by fine you mean "DeenUBW" level sure.

This was essentially one of the BEST moments in the whole route, rushed at 2x speed, with most of good things cut out, and what is left dragged through the mud.
 
May 9, 2015 11:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 1273
Faker hahaha
Archer continues to be the ultimate tsundere and stalls, do what you must you fucking janitor.
This episode proves that Ufotable really hates UBW Shirou, not only do they fuck up his characterization but they also rush his key scenes.
Modified by Drake1000, May 9, 2015 11:38 AM
 
May 9, 2015 11:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 544
Meh, the most disappointing thing in this ep for me was the soundtrack. I think they could have used a more impactful ost during UBW. Aside from that, decent ep overall
 
May 9, 2015 11:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 131
from what i understood archer is shiro in the future?
Like robots? Then watch getter robot :D
 
May 9, 2015 11:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 2482
CookingPriest said:
Urek said:
uh, why are you guys raging so hard? o_o
i thought it was fine?


If by fine you mean "DeenUBW" level sure.

This was essentially one of the BEST moments in the whole route, rushed at 2x speed, with most of good things cut out, and what is left dragged through the mud.


Even though I didn't read the VN, I could tell this was rushed to all hell. Several things felt out of place and overall the pacing was terrible.

Smh.
 
May 9, 2015 11:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 17182
Yep, little to enjoy about this episode. The Archer thing just keeps getting so ridiculous.

And whatever happened to Assassin? This and many more questions answered in the next few episodes, apparently.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
I conclude that this theme is in fact good!
 
May 9, 2015 11:41 AM
三葉

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 2012
Sonotoki said:
Archer is really the only reasonable character left in this world of lunatics

Took the words out of my mouth

Archer is a realist while most of the cast are.... well like you said, lunatics. Archer is da true MVP!



dany565 said:
from what i understood archer is shiro in the future?

 
May 9, 2015 11:43 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 222
The one thing that felt missing was this part:

"Even Archer is fascinated.
Rising swirls of magical energy and armor that can never be damaged.
There seems to be no end to this overwhelming power.

-------This is Saber.
The heroic spirit of the sword said to be the strongest Servant-----!"
 
May 9, 2015 11:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 6844
astroprogs said:
Everything Shirou did this episode was badass, i never argued against that. I'm saying it could've been even more badass by just following that bit of the scene faithfully.


"I am going to reproduce the swords" -> timeskip


In the VN we are never shown what actually HAPPENs, only what Shirou PLANS to do.
 
May 9, 2015 11:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 3459
SansrivaaL said:
Sonotoki said:
Archer is really the only reasonable character left in this world of lunatics

Took the words out of my mouth

Archer is a realist while most of the cast are.... well like you said, lunatics. Archer is da true MVP!



dany565 said:
from what i understood archer is shiro in the future?



Yeah, implying Archer isn't the most mentally unstable. Okkkkkk
 
May 9, 2015 11:44 AM

Online
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 17429
Everything in the VN is an "essentially best/key moments"....We need new words for that, it gets so repetitive that it no longer is an argument.
SansrivaaL said:
Sonotoki said:
Archer is really the only reasonable character left in this world of lunatics

Took the words out of my mouth

Archer is a realist while most of the cast are.... well like you said, lunatics. Archer is da true MVP!



dany565 said:
from what i understood archer is shiro in the future?

And he is the biggest lunatic of them all.And a hypocrite.
 
May 9, 2015 11:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
Gov said:
CookingPriest said:


If by fine you mean "DeenUBW" level sure.

This was essentially one of the BEST moments in the whole route, rushed at 2x speed, with most of good things cut out, and what is left dragged through the mud.


Even though I didn't read the VN, I could tell this was rushed to all hell. Several things felt out of place and overall the pacing was terrible.

Smh.


If this was not rushed, this episode's content would be literally episode and half from NOW and would end with archer leaving.

That should give you an idea of how fast they are going through the material. At this point there will be nothing to fill last episodes with. So I hope you enjoy padding and slow paced stare-downs.

nocorras said:
SansrivaaL said:

Archer is a realist while most of the cast are.... well like you said, lunatics. Archer is da true MVP!






Yeah, implying Archer isn't the most mentally unstable. Okkkkkk

I don't blame em. Ufo wanks archer hard, while at this point you should understand why Archer is awful and Shirou is right.
 
May 9, 2015 11:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 6844
Images:
 
May 9, 2015 11:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 2482
Saber was unbearable this episode.

Corny is the perfect word to describe. When she told Lancer to begone, I rolled my eyes.
 
May 9, 2015 11:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 16140
It was decent-good. I feel the UBW scene lacked a little grandeur though, it was skimmed through a tad too fast. Rin ranting to Archer was a great scene, there was a lot of emotion in it. Looking forward to next few episodes with caution. I do wonder what they are going to do with all the episodes left. Maybe the last scenes will be real time.. idk lmao
 
May 9, 2015 11:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 849
The question is what the hell is ufo planning to do. With this pacing there will be not enough content for 7 episodes.
 
May 9, 2015 11:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 75
So, can someone explain Rin's mindset to me? Isn't it a bit hypocritical to say that she doesn't mind Shirou's naivete and thinks it's good to have people like that around while also saying she can't accept Archer's life and way of thinking? The one led to the other.
 
May 9, 2015 11:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 345
Ufotable is really taking this slow and easy, just to build up more and more. I was kinda sceptical with Shirou deflecting the blades instead of what he did in the VN, but it did give more depth about his abilities and inner thoughts, so well done.

Now I am really looking forward to next week.
Missing the times of Rewrite, good times.
 
May 9, 2015 11:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
Raziel1991 said:
The question is what the hell is ufo planning to do. With this pacing there will be not enough content for 7 episodes.


At this point I doubt they have a plan. They will most likely pad out last half with staredowns and edgelord fillers.
WhipItGood said:
So, can someone explain Rin's mindset to me? Isn't it a bit hypocritical to say that she doesn't mind Shirou's naivete and thinks it's good to have people like that around while also saying she can't accept Archer's life and way of thinking? The one led to the other.


Because Shirou is not naive. He is hopeful and PROCCESS oriented, means not ends.
She understands Archer but she is sad for his decisions and beliefs.

Anime did not exactly portray Shirou's ideology well so i dont blame you thinking that.
 
May 9, 2015 11:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 3459
WhipItGood said:
So, can someone explain Rin's mindset to me? Isn't it a bit hypocritical to say that she doesn't mind Shirou's naivete and thinks it's good to have people like that around while also saying she can't accept Archer's life and way of thinking? The led to the other.


Archer never had anyone to stop him or help him, she doesn't plan on letting Shirou run wild I'd assume.
 
May 9, 2015 11:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 550
There's only one thing I'm wondering about with this episode: When Shirou started countering Archer's swords in UBW, there was a flash and then they were out of the reality marble. That was really sudden and threw me off quite a bit tbh. Did that happen in the visual novel as well? I can't really remember. I have to assume something similar happened there though.

Other than that it was a good watch. Favourite part was probably Rin's narration of Archer's past. That was nice. Also that Gilgamesh "Faker"... heeeh. Shirou was pretty great too (fyi, I still mainly like him in HF in the VN)

Man... marathoning this series is definitely the way to go though. Definitely.
YouTube (Umineko Chiru spoilers!) - VNDB - Steam
 
May 9, 2015 11:49 AM

Online
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 17429
WhipItGood said:
So, can someone explain Rin's mindset to me? Isn't it a bit hypocritical to say that she doesn't mind Shirou's naivete and thinks it's good to have people like that around while also saying she can't accept Archer's life and way of thinking? The one led to the other.

Shirou can be naive and but that alone will never turn into Archer.Archer is the absolute extreme of his ideals.And Archer blaming his younger self as an outlet for his rage is stupid.
 
May 9, 2015 11:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
Harlequina said:
There's only one thing I'm wondering about with this episode: When Shirou started countering Archer's swords in UBW, there was a flash and then they were out of the reality marble. That was really sudden and threw me off quite a bit tbh. Did that happen in the visual novel as well? I can't really remember. I have to assume something similar happened there though.


Reality marbles(or projection overall) can only last a limited time before World's Reality itself crushes the illusion(since they are objects that substitute world's reality with user's mind).

Shirou simply stalled Archer long enough for that to happen.

The difference being that fight between archer and saber was longer in VN and Shirou did not exactly swat swords one by one.
 
May 9, 2015 11:51 AM

Online
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 17429
Harlequina said:
There's only one thing I'm wondering about with this episode: When Shirou started countering Archer's swords in UBW, there was a flash and then they were out of the reality marble. That was really sudden and threw me off quite a bit tbh. Did that happen in the visual novel as well? I can't really remember. I have to assume something similar happened there though.
Excluding how Shirou blocked the spam,yes UBW suddenly collapses.
 
May 9, 2015 11:52 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 416
cupc said:
It was decent-good. I feel the UBW scene lacked a little grandeur though, it was skimmed through a tad too fast. Rin ranting to Archer was a great scene, there was a lot of emotion in it. Looking forward to next few episodes with caution. I do wonder what they are going to do with all the episodes left. Maybe the last scenes will be real time.. idk lmao


Maybe the plan on doing Good End and True End in the last episode, dunno really
 
May 9, 2015 11:53 AM
something here

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 10803
Insertanamehere said:

Hmm, so they do have the ideal talk between Archer and Saber and the explanation on UBW collapsing, along with the throne of heroes explanation (kinda) so all things considered, it could be worse. Rin's talk was okay-ish too.
Modified by Insertanamehere, May 9, 2015 12:02 PM
 
May 9, 2015 11:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 1700
I guess it was rushed according to the comments. I'm a anime only so I don't know.
 
May 9, 2015 11:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 550
Othi-tan said:
Harlequina said:
There's only one thing I'm wondering about with this episode: When Shirou started countering Archer's swords in UBW, there was a flash and then they were out of the reality marble. That was really sudden and threw me off quite a bit tbh. Did that happen in the visual novel as well? I can't really remember. I have to assume something similar happened there though.
Excluding how Shirou blocked the spam,yes UBW suddenly collapses.


Alright, cool, good to know.
YouTube (Umineko Chiru spoilers!) - VNDB - Steam
 
May 9, 2015 11:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 2482
Forgetfulness said:
Gov said:
Saber was unbearable this episode.

Corny is the perfect word to describe. When she told Lancer to begone, I rolled my eyes.
Isn't that how she normally speaks? lol

also kinda funny that you disliked it since this is like one of the few times we get anything about Saber's backstory in this anime


Maybe the fact she hasn't talked for so long and as soon as she opens her trap it is an indication when the show nosedived?
 
May 9, 2015 11:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 201
Guilek said:
ChickenFry said:
Walk in...

Read a few posts...

Walk out...

See you next week.


Gotta keep away from the MAL UBW episode discussion threads. It's just salt everywhere, man.
 
May 9, 2015 11:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 6844
LOL, why are people saying "VN UBW scene totally impressed them". Sorry, but that's pure BS. It was much worse, i.e. "oh no lookies! swords incoming! i will counter that!"


...


timeskip


...


lol what? Archer got Rin now?
"




I don't see how the VN is better. Shirou's reactions are much better in the anime than they were in the VN.


The way Shirou blocked the swordspam was NOT shown in the VN. "I can reproduce it!" =/= showing Shirou actually doing it.
 
May 9, 2015 11:59 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 1202
At least we all know that next week is going to be epic.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
May 9, 2015 11:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 6816
Gov said:
Forgetfulness said:
Isn't that how she normally speaks? lol

also kinda funny that you disliked it since this is like one of the few times we get anything about Saber's backstory in this anime


Maybe the fact she hasn't talked for so long and as soon as she opens her trap it is an indication when the show nosedived?


They are really rushing it for some reason......idk..what they are planning..
 
May 9, 2015 12:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 2482
Grey-Zone said:
LOL, why are people saying "VN UBW scene totally impressed them". Sorry, but that's pure BS. It was much worse, i.e. "oh no lookies! swords incoming! i will counter that!"


...


timeskip


...


lol what? Archer got Rin now?
"




I don't see how the VN is better. Shirou's reactions are much better in the anime than they were in the VN.


The way Shirou blocked the swordspam was NOT shown in the VN. "I can reproduce it!" =/= showing Shirou actually doing it.


No offense but it looked like an asspull to me.

Guy was getting his ass kicked by Kuzuki, then by Archer and then was able to pull this out of his ass. How much energy does he have to be able to take all this punishment?
 
May 9, 2015 12:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 6844
Gov said:
No offense but it looked like an asspull to me.

Guy was getting his ass kicked by Kuzuki, then by Archer and then was able to pull this out of his ass. How much energy does he have to be able to take all this punishment?


Actually that will be explained in a few EPs. Both why his abilities got better, as well as why he was able to take so many hits.
 
May 9, 2015 12:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 673
Welp, that was really rushed.
 
Top
Pages (26) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »