Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion

Apr 16, 2016 10:43 PM

HDarkmantis said:

I still don't quite understand this "Counter Guardian" thing Archer says... I think I'll won't understand unless I read the UBW route because with the anime explanation I couldn't grasp it all. I think that Arche's wish in life was being a hero, and he agreed with the grail to become a heroic spirit so he could save people. But being invoked to many times and not making changes, betrayed and such, he and his dream rooted away and he became what he is. Now he wants to kill Shirou so any of that happens? No? I think I'm heavily wrong but meh, I'll understand eventually. But really, I feel dumb for not getting it at once -_-

It has nothing to do with the grail. You can't exactly interact with what does not exist and Grail only exists during the grail war. He made the deal with "the world". And yes it is explained in better depth in VN. This episode in anime is rushed at like 3x speed and could have taken up 2 episodes - Second cour has a tendency to drag out unimportant and rush the important moments.

Anime will explain more but the explanation they use will be...well, let's just say it does not exactly portray what Archer was doing correctly.

Counter Guardians are also mentioned in Fate route
Modified by Ahenshihael, Apr 16, 2016 10:52 PM

Apr 17, 2016 7:17 AM

Fai said:
HDarkmantis said:

I still don't quite understand this "Counter Guardian" thing Archer says... I think I'll won't understand unless I read the UBW route because with the anime explanation I couldn't grasp it all. I think that Arche's wish in life was being a hero, and he agreed with the grail to become a heroic spirit so he could save people. But being invoked to many times and not making changes, betrayed and such, he and his dream rooted away and he became what he is. Now he wants to kill Shirou so any of that happens? No? I think I'm heavily wrong but meh, I'll understand eventually. But really, I feel dumb for not getting it at once -_-

It has nothing to do with the grail. You can't exactly interact with what does not exist and Grail only exists during the grail war. He made the deal with "the world". And yes it is explained in better depth in VN. This episode in anime is rushed at like 3x speed and could have taken up 2 episodes - Second cour has a tendency to drag out unimportant and rush the important moments.

Anime will explain more but the explanation they use will be...well, let's just say it does not exactly portray what Archer was doing correctly.

Counter Guardians are also mentioned in Fate route

Ohh, that makes much sense (the spoiler tag).
Thanks.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll pick it up when I read it. :)

[Softsubs > HardsubsFansubs > fast subsDarkmantis - @HumbertoZero]________________
How to read Fate/Strange Fake Light novel________________

May 22, 2016 10:13 PM

The power of yuri was too much for Archer.

"Unlimited....

Me: Wait for it.

Blade Works."

Me: ROLL CREDITS!

FAKER!
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).

May 23, 2016 2:57 AM

Hey guys, after abstaining from MAL too long and rabidly playing Fate/Grand Order (to real unsatisfactory results, gacha is evil and I can't read moonrunes properly) I come back to this subforum.

What's new?

May 23, 2016 3:43 AM

Absolutely nothing.

The Heaven's Feel forum is slightly more active, but in general, the Type Moon fandom has nothing to talk about. Especially in the UBW forums.

May 23, 2016 3:51 AM

...Wait, there's already a HF forum? I think I'll migrate there.

Thanks for answering, comrade.

Nov 1, 2016 5:55 PM

I hope shiro doesn't change the future and gets fucked.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.

Nov 15, 2016 10:55 AM

Surprise??? Not...until now the plot is very simple :(

Hello, my litte boy!

Jan 25, 2017 5:32 PM

Glad i wasnt spoiled, even tough i kinda called it
Really good episode!

Mar 26, 2017 8:28 AM

Didn't know servants could also be from the future, so Archer is future Shirou or...? :/

Mar 26, 2017 10:33 AM

Gator said:
Didn't know servants could also be from the future, so Archer is future Shirou or...? :/

Yes. Yes, he is.

bitch 30 characters wtf

May 15, 2017 6:16 AM

Archer being future Shirou was a surprise.

May 29, 2017 12:38 AM

Great episode!!

Finally Rin got her wish and got Saber!!!

Unlimited Blade Works!! Yeah the whole when Shirou came running towards Archer and it became over quickly. Damn it, they showed it on VN game, but not on Anime form :(

Wow! So that's why Rin was getting pissed on how Archer and Shirou are very similar to one another. When he said Trace on as well as both of them uses daggers, it pretty much hinted that Archer is Shirou from the future. But what kind of future? Doubt Shirou was in the ages where war was being rage non-stop.

I'm guessing he's an alternative future self, where he gave up on humanity. It kinda reminds me on what happened to Kiritsugu towards the end of Zero.

Lancer is slowly becoming my favorite! The Zero version was okay, but UBW one is so much better!

I want to see Archer vs Gilgamesh! They have similar way of summoning swords from the past and all. Maybe that's why Gilgamesh called him "faker"??

It was rush, but I really love the animation and fight scenes. Wish they remake it again on a movie, but they would rather focus on sequels etc.

Can't wait for the next episode!!

Jul 6, 2017 8:14 AM

That title drop!
Archer is Shirou 1000%

Jul 10, 2017 6:54 PM

So Archer = future Shirou? Interesting, I had figured at this point that there was some kind of connection. Considering there's 7 episode left, I presume we still have some more overarching plot to go with Gilgamesh and Kirei having some grander plot. Plus, we still don't know who Lancer's master is. I wonder if somehow, Shirou has Archer become his servant to stop Gilgamesh and Kirei.

Sep 24, 2017 9:10 AM

As a non-VN reader, the last few eps seem rushed as hell to me. I wonder if that's really necessary since there are 7 eps left.
"He's already special. Because he was... born into this world."

Sep 17, 2018 1:51 AM

Basically, Shirou = Archer eh? Why don't I remember that that was the case from the first F/SN? As well as Rin being Saber's master hmm.. Meh ~ I might just watch it again for reference sake

Well no use brooding. Moving on!

Mar 24, 8:58 AM
Did Shinji just imply that he wants to force himself upon Toosaka?
That guy is so sick in his head. Makes me wonder how he even got through school so far without being admitted to a psychiatry.

And now that I think about it, we haven't seen Sakura in ages. IIRC she said she wouldn't be able to come over to Emiyas place for a while, but she didn't appear even once after that incident at school where everyone fainted. And since she isn't in the character list of the 2nd season, I guess we won't see her again.

Looks like she didn't get that much screentime in this route, although it looked like that she has a crush on Emiya.
Modified by tr25a3, Mar 24, 9:20 AM

May 8, 2:22 PM

Wait did Rin get all 3 command spells back? The rules for this are really really weird. Lose a servant, get a new one, lose a master, get a new one, lose your command spells, just make a new contract.

So Archer is competing with Gil-kun for the position of biggest dick of the show.

And I guess Sakura is Lancers master.
Modified by Comander-07, May 8, 2:28 PM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.

Jun 17, 7:26 AM

Seems everyone figured already Archer's identity. That narration by Rin pretty much revealed it. Still, can't tell if Archer really can't tell his real name to Rin because he forgot it or don't wanna tell her.

Probably this timeline will change due to Archer's termination, had Archer not interfere, Shirou will not return the pendant I guess. That explains why Archer had it, or he rob it from Rin in other timeline? lol.
If 1 = 2, then everything is good.

Jul 5, 6:51 AM

So, Archer = future Shirou.

Oh no, Shinji is going to rape Rin.
Life has no meaning.

Sep 29, 12:53 AM

well that was something...is archer an alter ego of Shiro or something...damn this series gets more and more interesting

Pages (26) « First ... « 24 25 [26]