Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion


May 9, 2015 9:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 6844
Nasu said:
The one Nasu-to-Miura request I made was: "Please change the Noble Phantasms"
 
May 9, 2015 9:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
mira-nyan said:
He should've used his magic mind powers and levitated the swords. ~.~


I'm now honestly wondering how he does that @.@


Swords just appear anywhere he wants. since they are "everywhere". That's why projection is bs.
k0k0 said:
Had hit me earlier: several Servant wars had raged starting the night and going over into dawn, and not a single human in the vicinity noticed?
Until well into morning, long after the Church was demolished.


Explained in the VN, completely skimmed over in ufoubw.
 
May 9, 2015 9:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 9024
Grey-Zone said:
Nasu said:
The one Nasu-to-Miura request I made was: "Please change the Noble Phantasms"


How does this effect the argument?
The sun is a deadly laser
 
May 9, 2015 9:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 17402
astroprogs said:
Othi-tan said:
But at the same time it doesnt make sense to project new swords instead of using the ones in the ground...

True, but projecting generic swords is really cheap, it's almost free.
Almost but it is still a waste and he has no Master.

But anyway,my real problem.
>I dont really care.It will even make more obvious how Archer is so low in mana later.It's just that...the swords in the ground look like decorations thanks to that change.
 
May 9, 2015 9:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 9167
Insertanamehere said:
astroprogs said:

While realistic doesn't always equal good, here it magnifies how a reality marble is its own reality.

wat?

From an artistic view, the lighting here is better than RN OP.
In RN the lighting changes are less than marginal, which is acceptable, but not the best for something like a reality marble.

Insertanamehere said:
astroprogs said:
Archer firing copies of the same weapon makes sense, since he wants to conserve mana. Showing off would look cool as hell, but from the lore stand point it makes little sense.

Ehm, I mean, if he did project, which is what I believe Mira is saying, not that I necessarily believe that, then it would be a massive waste of mana, actually.

astroprogs said:
True, but projecting generic swords is really cheap, it's almost free.
 
May 9, 2015 9:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 3108
CookingPriest said:

k0k0 said:
Had hit me earlier: several Servant wars had raged starting the night and going over into dawn, and not a single human in the vicinity noticed?
Until well into morning, long after the Church was demolished.


Explained in the VN, completely skimmed over in ufoubw.


Ugh, they skimmed over the explanation of such a huge flaw..
I was telling myself that I won't have to play the UBW route because the anime was enough, and simply skip to HF.
Now I'm re-contemplating.
 
May 9, 2015 9:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 9167
CookingPriest said:
Why would you project INSIDE UBW?
"I have these 0 prana cost swords all around me, lemme project those 10prana swords instead"

With this UBW is nothing more than a pretty scenery.

Othi-tan said:
Almost but it is still a waste and he has no Master.

But anyway,my real problem.
>I dont really care.It will even make more obvious how Archer is so low in mana later.It's just that...the swords in the ground look like decorations thanks to that change.

Yeah, that makes sense.
It doesn't really matter that much, though.
 
May 9, 2015 9:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 9024
CookingPriest said:
mira-nyan said:
He should've used his magic mind powers and levitated the swords. ~.~


I'm now honestly wondering how he does that @.@


Swords just appear anywhere he wants. since they are "everywhere". That's why projection is bs.
I can't tell whether or not this is sarcasm, but I'll just go with it.
The sun is a deadly laser
 
May 9, 2015 9:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 6844
mira-nyan said:
Grey-Zone said:


How does this effect the argument?


It means UBW does not necessarily work the same way as it did in the VN. It could have been become super buffed instead, like the user being able to "produce" infinite swords for no cost. I mean that makes sense, considering that whole "blacksmith" talk.
 
May 9, 2015 9:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 9024
Grey-Zone said:
mira-nyan said:


How does this effect the argument?


It means UBW does not necessarily work the same way as it did in the VN.

Oh, I thought by 'NPs' he meant the ones in Archer's RM.

Also, UBW isn't an NP, so this doesn't count :D
The sun is a deadly laser
 
May 9, 2015 9:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 21891
k0k0 said:
CookingPriest said:



Explained in the VN, completely skimmed over in ufoubw.


Ugh, they skimmed over the explanation of such a huge flaw..
I was telling myself that I won't have to play the UBW route because the anime was enough, and simply skip to HF.
Now I'm re-contemplating.
Rin already explained the bounded field mechanics in episode 10, no need to go over it every single fight.

Actually, that was the only instance it was mentioned in UBW route in the VN too, so reading the VN won't do you much for this particular detail.

Edit: Can't believe I gave in and posted.
 
May 9, 2015 9:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 17402
k0k0 said:
CookingPriest said:



Explained in the VN, completely skimmed over in ufoubw.


Ugh, they skimmed over the explanation of such a huge flaw..
I was telling myself that I won't have to play the UBW route because the anime was enough, and simply skip to HF.
Now I'm re-contemplating.
After the credits we see teh residents of the Temple being carried away in ambulances.And Caster has been putting tons of people into a coma.
Back when Rider used her NP Rin suggested calling Kirei to "take care" of the issue.The Church(the association) takes care of things like manipulation of information,sightings etc.
 
May 9, 2015 9:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 6844
mira-nyan said:
Grey-Zone said:


It means UBW does not necessarily work the same way as it did in the VN.

Oh, I thought by 'NPs' he meant the ones in Archer's RM.

Also, UBW isn't an NP, so this doesn't count :D


It's considered as his NP by the grail appearntly though. It's one as much as F/Z rider's was...
 
May 9, 2015 9:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 9024
Grey-Zone said:
mira-nyan said:

Oh, I thought by 'NPs' he meant the ones in Archer's RM.

Also, UBW isn't an NP, so this doesn't count :D


It's considered as his NP by the grail appearntly though.

But Nasu isn't the Grail.

And, wow, no Miura hate today :D
The sun is a deadly laser
 
May 9, 2015 9:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
k0k0 said:
CookingPriest said:



Explained in the VN, completely skimmed over in ufoubw.


Ugh, they skimmed over the explanation of such a huge flaw..
I was telling myself that I won't have to play the UBW route because the anime was enough, and simply skip to HF.
Now I'm re-contemplating.


On the way to the Church Rin explains how the "bystanders" are handled and that majority of town's official's are in association's (or church's) pockets.

It is in common route, not even in ubw yet.

Also you absolutely have to read UBW before HF. There's barely anything that is important in this adaptation.
 
May 9, 2015 9:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 6844
mira-nyan said:
And, wow, no Miura hate today :D


incoming in 3, 2, 1.....
 
May 9, 2015 9:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 3108
GARBrotato said:
Now I'm re-contemplating.
Rin already explained the bounded field mechanics in episode 10, no need to go over it every single fight.

Actually, that was the only instance it was mentioned in UBW route in the VN too, so reading the VN won't do you much for this particular detail.[/quote]
Yes, but I didn't realize that it made things invisible to the eye or deaf to the ears. I mean, a Church falling into shambles is a bit prominent, no?

Othi-tan said:
After the credits we see teh residents of the Temple being carried away in ambulances.And Caster has been putting tons of people into a coma.
Back when Rider used her NP Rin suggested calling Kirei to "take care" of the issue.The Church(the association) takes care of things like manipulation of information,sightings etc.

Ah, yes. Makes sense, that. I keep forgetting the previous episodes.
 
May 9, 2015 9:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
k0k0 said:

Yes, but I didn't realize that it made things invisible to the eye or deaf to the ears. I mean, a Church falling into shambles is a bit prominent, no?.


as I already explained it has nothing to do with boundary fields.
 
May 9, 2015 9:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 9167
GARBrotato said:
Edit: Can't believe I gave in and posted.

We're Fate fans. It's what we do.
 
May 9, 2015 9:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 17402
k0k0 said:

Yes, but I didn't realize that it made things invisible to the eye or deaf to the ears. I mean, a Church falling into shambles is a bit prominent, no?
Nah worse things have happened before....Explanation?Mass hallucination....Wow Church, so impressive and unique....
 
May 9, 2015 9:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 3108
CookingPriest said:
as I already explained it has nothing to do with boundary fields.

Yeah, I'd read that after posting.

CookingPriest said:

Also you absolutely have to read UBW before HF. There's barely anything that is important in this adaptation.

It seems I don't have much of a choice. Waiting every week does take away from my memory of each episode.
 
May 9, 2015 9:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 3108
Othi-tan said:
Nah worse things have happened before....Explanation?Mass hallucination....Wow Church, so impressive and unique....

Lol. Though, I do wish they'd recap a bit of the rules now and then.
 
May 9, 2015 9:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 3108
GARBrotato said:

Edit: Can't believe I gave in and posted.

I should put in more questions then, to bring you over here.
 
May 9, 2015 9:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 6844
By the way, who was the episode director for this episode?
 
May 9, 2015 9:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 996
Good episode.
The short fight with saber was cool.
Shirou got a lot of badass scenes.
Archer was GAR.
I liked the talk between Rin and Archer and Rin talking about Archer's past.
Shinji had new clothes :D
 
May 9, 2015 9:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 9024
As bad as epUBW was, this was a nice effect;

The sun is a deadly laser
 
May 9, 2015 9:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 816
How much would subs help this episode?

 
May 9, 2015 9:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 9024
CloudStrifeFFVII said:
How much would subs help this episode?


Probably only the Rin monologue.
The sun is a deadly laser
 
May 9, 2015 9:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 9167
Grey-Zone said:
By the way, who was the episode director for this episode?

I've read the past Sunday that he's the guy who directed episodes 1,4 and 8.
 
May 9, 2015 9:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 6844
astroprogs said:
Grey-Zone said:
By the way, who was the episode director for this episode?

I've read the past Sunday that he's the guy who directed episodes 1,4 and 8.


thanks for the info.


As for UBW:
Perhaps it's more of an actual "forge" in this version, where you can make copies of the swords on the ground for zero prana costs, with swords on the ground to be the "modells/blueprints" of all swords that the user analysed or something like that.
 
May 9, 2015 9:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 9024
They also changed the summoning of UBW. It should be a ring of fire, not the floor splitting.
The sun is a deadly laser
 
May 9, 2015 9:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 422
Ah! Ah!! He said it! He said it!



UNLIMITED BLADE WORKSSSS
 
May 9, 2015 9:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 4743
fateoffate said:
Rushed as hell. What the hell.


Hey, that rhymes.
 
May 9, 2015 9:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 9167
ufotable released the ED theme single 「ring your bell」 by Kalafina alongside today's episode BTW.
Modified by astroprogs, May 9, 2015 10:13 AM
 
May 9, 2015 9:57 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 7317
I liked this kind of stuff
 
May 9, 2015 10:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 6844
By the way, just replayed the scene in the VN and NOWHERE was it stated that Shirou actually made swordspam himself. "reproduce the rain of swords" does not necessarily mean that he made them in the form of a sword spam as well... Also "the same swords break each other" is good foreshadowing for a later fight.
 
May 9, 2015 10:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 9024
Grey-Zone said:
By the way, just replayed the scene in the VN and NOWHERE was it stated that Shirou actually made swordspam himself. "reproduce the rain of swords" does not necessarily mean that he made them in the form of a sword spam as well... Also "the same swords break each other" is good foreshadowing for a later fight.

'reproduce rain of swords'. I'm sorry, but they couldn't spell it out anymore than that.
The sun is a deadly laser
 
May 9, 2015 10:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 6844
mira-nyan said:
Grey-Zone said:
By the way, just replayed the scene in the VN and NOWHERE was it stated that Shirou actually made swordspam himself. "reproduce the rain of swords" does not necessarily mean that he made them in the form of a sword spam as well... Also "the same swords break each other" is good foreshadowing for a later fight.

'reproduce rain of swords'. I'm sorry, but they couldn't spell it out anymore than that.


Could just be refering to the swords themselves, i.e. it could simply mean "I can reproduce all 18 of those swords". Also it's a translation..... would be nice if someone (who is not biased) could grab the original line and translate it for us.
 
May 9, 2015 10:09 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 9024
Grey-Zone said:
mira-nyan said:

'reproduce rain of swords'. I'm sorry, but they couldn't spell it out anymore than that.


Could just be refering to the swords themselves. Also it's a translation.....


Reproduce rain of swords = reproduce 'rain of swords'. It didn't say anything about reproducing the swords itself. It says 'rain of swords'. Therefore it means reproducing the attack, not the weapon...
The sun is a deadly laser
 
May 9, 2015 10:09 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 17402
Grey-Zone said:
By the way, just replayed the scene in the VN and NOWHERE was it stated that Shirou actually made swordspam himself. "reproduce the rain of swords" does not necessarily mean that he made them in the form of a sword spam as well... Also "the same swords break each other" is good foreshadowing for a later fight.
No matter how many times I read it it looks like trying to make a sword spam to me.
And there is no way for him to destroy all 18 by swinging his own swords.


But anyway.Interesting that when Shirou screams in the VN,in the exact same scene it is ok but in the anime it is generic shounen stuff.Okay...
 
May 9, 2015 10:09 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 9167
WrongPriest said:
I liked this kind of stuff

The previews are the absolute best thing in this adaptation so far. Incorporating them in somehow was a great decision.

I kinda want UBW by Chess pieces now. lol

And the black piece with the CSs in the next episode's preview gave me goosebumps.
 
May 9, 2015 10:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 6844
mira-nyan said:
Reproduce rain of swords = reproduce 'rain of swords'. It didn't say anything about reproducing the swords itself. It says 'rain of swords'. Therefore it means reproducing the attack, not the weapon...


Shirou cannot reproduce rain ;)


Also I don't trust this translation completely. It seems a issue that could be very easy to miss.
Modified by Grey-Zone, May 9, 2015 10:17 AM
 
May 9, 2015 10:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 10990
I don't see why all the hate <_<
Loved UBW and I thought Shirou reproducing all the swords was obvious. He appeared pretty BA! Don't see why all the ranting about him seeming like a generic MC.

The Saber fight was nice and her contract with Rin was cool.

Only thing I'm gonna be needing the subs for is Rin's monologue about Archer. I know most of it but just to see what they included and not :3

Shinji coming made me cringe. Not excited for the time limit to be over and what he does to Rin <_< Why u do that Archer D:

Dat Gil "Faker" though XD
 
May 9, 2015 10:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 6844
Othi-tan said:
And there is no way for him to destroy all 18 by swinging his own swords.


We saw the "absorb" effect in this episode already. He appearntly didn't get the swordspam ability from him yet though, but being able to produce all the swords even though a few moments earlier he only had "2 more left" shows that his projection efficiency sky-rocketed. Probably his "trace the history of the weapon" as well.
 
May 9, 2015 10:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 17402
Grey-Zone said:
Othi-tan said:
And there is no way for him to destroy all 18 by swinging his own swords.


We saw the "absorb" effect in this episode already. He appearntly didn't get the swordspam ability from him yet though, but being able to produce all the swords even though a few moments earlier he only had "2 more left" shows that his projection efficiency sky-rocketed. Probably his "trace the history of the weapon" as well.
he only did 2(i assume one of it was shown from different angles .Havent seen the TV version.

But again absorb effect wouldnt make him get a "protection from arrows" ability.
 
May 9, 2015 10:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 6844
Othi-tan said:
But again absorb effect wouldnt make him get a "protection from arrows" ability.


"Destroy the weapon with an identical counterpart" is established to work in the Nasuverse. Also we don't see what happens after Shirou destroyed the first few weapons, similar to the VN.
 
May 9, 2015 10:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 24
UBW scene was too short than I expected
 
May 9, 2015 10:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 6844
I am expecting a few minutes to be BD additions again.
 
May 9, 2015 10:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 17402
Grey-Zone said:
Othi-tan said:
But again absorb effect wouldnt make him get a "protection from arrows" ability.


"Destroy the weapon with an identical counterpart" is established to work in the Nasuverse. Also we don't see what happens after Shirou destroyed the first few weapons, similar to the VN.

that's no what I am saying tho.I really doubt Shirou mimicking Archer right now is fast enough to destroy 18 swords like this.
 
May 9, 2015 10:26 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 724
Sigh, the reality marble scene was butchered harder than I thought was even possible. The later parts of the episode were good and the progression was speedy which I do like, but holy hell was that scene done terribly.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
 
Top
Pages (26) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »