Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
High School DxD (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 5, 2015 7:53 AM

Jun 2008
Kind of disappointed that in the end all that Rias rage resulted to nothing. I was hoping to see a more badass mode of her kicking more ass.
She's suppose to be the best and the other be like her soldiers or something but in the end always the other do most of the things and especially Issei so i hoped to see her show some real power.

Did our main guy got a power of revealing your inner feelings while touching boobs now? Because that is how it seemed when he touched Akeno. Or does that has anything to do with that curse Loki threw at the end? Btw. Damn! she's like a complete clone of her mother. And some said Rias mother was the same.

Loving Xenovia's homework shirt. So hot.
MonadMay 5, 2015 8:06 AM
May 5, 2015 10:59 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Good episode. We finally have some light shed on Akeno's past.

With Issei's mouth wide open like that, that should've been an open mouth tongue kiss instead of a peck. But still, it was nice.
May 5, 2015 3:32 PM

Jan 2013
Monad said:
Kind of disappointed that in the end all that Rias rage resulted to nothing. I was hoping to see a more badass mode of her kicking more ass.
exactly my thoughts. But oh well, I'm sure we will have other opportunity's to witness it.

Akeno is just too hot
May 5, 2015 4:06 PM

Aug 2010
Great episode. It was nice to get an Akeno centric episode. She is so damn hot with her hair down. The kiss scene caught me off guard. Akeno is too sly. I think she takes the spot for best girl spot after this episode.
May 5, 2015 4:08 PM

Oct 2011
Loved how they focus on Akeno. Glad she made up with her father.

Asia is next YAY!!!!
May 5, 2015 6:16 PM

Jan 2008
I know this is DxD but man this episode was so cheesy. This show should stay away from the drama.
May 5, 2015 6:39 PM

Jun 2013
Another great episode, if this continues, this might be the best season :)
May 5, 2015 7:54 PM

Jul 2013
If there's one thing I learned from Barney Stinson is that it's easier to bed a girl with daddy issues.

And God damn he's right!
May 5, 2015 8:22 PM

Dec 2014
Akeno looked flawless in that outfit.
May 6, 2015 2:37 AM

Oct 2008
No OP this episode, but it sucks anyway though...
Your generic runaway-from-evasdroppers-and-then-ends-up-in-a-bunch-of-love-hotel-chain-bldgs scene.
At least Akeno stealed a kiss from Issei.

May 6, 2015 11:50 AM

Jan 2014
SakurasouBusters said:
Another great episode, if this continues, this might be the best season :)

Far away from that... anime only going cheesy.
May 6, 2015 7:20 PM

May 2015
Akeno Ftw !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
May 7, 2015 4:51 AM

Jan 2011
This episode really focused on Akeno and I loved it. We found out about Akeno's past and why she resents her father so much. Akeno is definitely one of the best girls in this anime (if not the best). xD She's so cute, hot and sexy. Damn, Issei's one lucky guy. xD
May 7, 2015 6:22 PM

Sep 2014
enjoying the season so far. the akeno date was lovely. and that Rossweise girl is just yummy. i will say that this episode though felt.....rushed. it seems like it opened up plot points that should have taken longer ot resolve.. nice to see kiba startin to get some in the ship department. hong Loki comes back this whole bit ith Issei wielding mjolnir seemed too convenient and the tears completely ruined the whole scene for me i was really looking forward to seeing Rias' rage and it just awefuly sudden the way she was calm again. she could at least have still been shaken by the ordeal. the Akeno X Issei moments were a the highlight for me. love dat akeno. the whole conflict with her and her dat felt way too short, so short that it didnt give me a chance to get into it. i do wanna see more Akeno Issei scenes. i like them about as much as i like the Rias X issei scenes.

girls i wanna see more of
Akeno. OF COURSE
Xenovia. Looking forward to her getting focus
Rossweise. Def looking forward to getting more of her, i feel she may be a ways off considering she's brand new and they still have other girls to cover.
Asia. Not really an Asia fan but i think the girl deserves something thrown her way.
May 7, 2015 6:58 PM
Apr 2015
Paul said:
I know this is DxD but man this episode was so cheesy. This show should stay away from the drama.

I agree its good with humor and lots of great ecchi (soo many hot girls, Akeno especially) but the drama part has been bad since the beginning

Its just cringeworthy
May 8, 2015 8:37 PM

Jul 2013
"My mother found a fallen angel and fell in love then I was born" wow that escalated quickly. That kiss though.
May 9, 2015 4:40 PM

Jul 2013
OrangeJP said:
I can relate to Issei. I often have hallucinations of Oppai covering the skies

Saaaaaaame haha
May 10, 2015 11:30 PM

Jul 2013
During this episode, I was eating popcorn, drinking Samuel Adams, drinking Gevalia coffee, and drinking Tullamore Dew. Pure. Bliss.

Akeno is definitely my favorite girl now. I just can't resist anymore. :p

And that said, this series is finally getting me interested in the plot rather than just the boobs.

Also, I said "Pet her" out loud twice during the episode. Once when Koneko was laying in Issei's lap, and the second time when Akeno was crying on his shoulder.
Omne Solum Forti Patria
May 11, 2015 3:28 PM

Aug 2014
Whoa this is shock for me. I had to pause every millisecond in scene when Phoenix Tears dropped :O I thought they got teleported lol

But it is great that even after I read LN I can be surprised!

I didn't like that Issei had no problem with holding Mjolnir without balance break form O.o
And I did not like the idea that Loki was not finished now... if he already got hit by Mjolnir...
Not to mention that Bilingual should be used during fight with Loki and there should be some god of oppai as I remember... If its not in anime then is Loki over? What is going on :/

Now volume 6?
I have no idea why plot change and they left Asia and Gasper out of first fight with Loki if Asia was not going to be kidnapped?! That would be better link to volume 6 if they want to change plot.
And if there was no khaos brigade why Sirzechs and rest of devil kings or high class devils didn't go to fight with Loki? This is all plot wrong... :/

If they didn't want to skip development of Akeno and Koneko then they shouldn't make them use their powers during first Loki fight...
The events with Akeno and Koneko were the reasons why the girls started to use their powers as I remember...
Why Akeno mother looks the same as Akeno :| and How can Baraqiel take bath with small Akeno :s And why there are no people on streets in scene of AkenoxIssei date?

I got mixed feelings about the changes... I still like some changes and I like every LN adapted scene till now, but this major change about Loki appearing so fast can ruin everything :/ Still this chapter got 5 out of 5: Loved it! (your vote) because Akeno and Phoenix Tears from Ravel.

Paul said:

You are wrong... DxD is all about emotions so how you wanna have zero drama?
DxD is best because it perfectly mixes many genres, but some people still don't understand that. That makes me sad.

fear80 said:
Hyack said:
He post 5min before the episode actually finish airing, what did you expect lol.

I can proudly say I managed to beat him ONCE!!

I'm the ONE in the *** and ONE!!

I've beat him few times already in anime/manga/novel, but he is just a spam master and 90% of his posts are vague. At least once I saw him post during airing in japan AT-X... He sometimes don't even remember the plot or names.
Thyriad-oPPailovMay 11, 2015 3:59 PM
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
May 11, 2015 6:06 PM

May 2013
Kuroka and Arthur appear, taking Fenrir from Loki. Vali's a sly bastard, isn't he?
Ravel's managed to save Issei in this one and Sairaog finishes off the Midgard Serpent.

Hooray, Akeno backstory! She was really cute in this episode. (^_^)
Dat kiss tho.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
May 13, 2015 10:01 AM

Jul 2013
OrangeJP said:
Akeno and her Mother are basically twins

+1
They look cute together... unfortunately, the tragedy happened.
Good for Akeno <3 that she reconciled with her father!
Also I would like more screen time for Rossweisse :P
PhinalPhlashMay 13, 2015 10:06 AM
May 25, 2015 7:56 AM

Sep 2014
Hmm so they did tweaked the anime..

Not a fan of these little changes and the pacing of how it goes.. But that's just me.. Maybe I got attached to the LN 'cos of how great this series is..
Expecting it to be the same for the adaptation is too much I guess..
XiferVPMay 25, 2015 8:00 AM
Jun 22, 2015 6:58 PM

Jan 2014
curzon17 said:
Nice to see the Akeno date take place, though i think it happens much later in the LN. A lot of events are shuffled around but i'm not complaining. It was also nice to see Akeno finally able to give Isse a smooch without being cock-blocked by Rias.

yes ^
Recommend me an anime
Jun 24, 2015 11:53 PM

Jan 2011
More Akeno is always a good thing, I find her to be one of the hottest of the harem, with Rias and Xenovia close behind. It was also nice to see Kiba and Saji having some positive moments with their apparent love interests as well.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jun 26, 2015 5:16 AM

May 2012
Cute episode, quite liked that ending! Surprise kissu :3
Jul 13, 2015 10:07 AM

Feb 2013
There is nothing wrong with an Akeno episode
rodac said:
I find her to be one of the hottest of the harem.

^this
Jul 17, 2015 10:20 AM
Jul 2012
I like this episode of High School DxD Born. If you talk about how the battle with Loki just ended, it just come to show you that Issei gotten much stronger in training. Akeno certainly takes her bond with Issei into the next level as she going out on the date with Issei at last. The funny part is that Issei easily notice Rias and the other girls were spying on them. Thus having them to make a break for it. Then there's her trouble past. I can't believe that Akeno plan to have sex with Issei in that bedroom. It's very noble that Issei turned her down for sex while she in the sad state. Her dad has been forgiven, became happy with Issei due to his goodness. And as for the result, she kissed him on the lips as she plan to make dinner for two of them. Way a go, Akeno. ^_^ Great job.
Chaos-ZeroJul 17, 2015 10:29 AM
Aug 12, 2015 6:58 PM
Jul 2014
Wish that more could have happened between Akeno and Issei. But I know that this wasn't about that. It was about her backstory. Usually sweet anime characters are a huge turn off for me, but Akeno was different. I liked it. :)
Sep 7, 2015 10:22 AM
May 2012
Good for Akeno and all, but that was kinda fast. That kiss, though *o* Akeno is <3
Sep 26, 2015 1:19 AM

Dec 2013
i came for oppai but they gave me feels and romance. i love dxd.

Akeno was super cute btw, can't really deny that.
Oct 5, 2015 6:34 PM

Feb 2014
What a disappointing kiss........... -.-"
Oct 31, 2015 12:01 PM

Jan 2012
Still alive .

Nov 17, 2015 6:59 PM

Jul 2013
Finally an episode with focus on Akeno. I didn't know that so much bad thing happen in her past.

I think everyone knew that Akeno is super hot, but she was so cute this episode. It's no wonder that she's one of my fav girls. Akeno = perfect girl <3

And that kiss, I'm so jealous for Issei >.<

Jan 10, 2016 7:20 AM

Jan 2013
Already going home after that short amount of time in the underworld.
Drama with Akeno.
Cool seeing Akeno kind of forgive her father though :)
May 8, 2016 8:24 AM

Jan 2016
First ending of a awesome fight.. then little calming and little backstory bout akeno, and getting to know her more. still very interesting like the first time :P
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Jun 23, 2016 2:35 AM

Dec 2012
OMG! A date with my #1 waifu, Akeno. She looked so beautiful in that outfit.

Damn. I wanted Issei to hit it, but as much as it pained him, I'm glad he resisted. When he does it with Akeno, it will be perfect.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Nov 10, 2016 12:44 AM
Dec 2015
Koneko now joins the Issei love train. Never thought I would see that.

That's a side I didn't think Akeno had. She is so darn cute that way though. And that ending tugged at the heartstrings.
Nov 13, 2016 9:56 AM

Apr 2013
Aw, no rage moment for Rias :/
At least we got a pretty Akeno-focused episode for that, I prefer her seductive side to her cute side though :3
Feb 4, 2017 10:04 AM

Jul 2014
Akeno best grill, real affection for Issei.
Aug 10, 2017 11:56 AM

Jun 2017
I was waiting for an Episode like this:) They spent a really cute date together and everything went good at the end:) Of course they finally kissed haha. Your turn Asia.

Apr 14, 2018 10:49 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
It was interesting, the origin of Akeno hate for his father!!! :/
Nov 4, 2019 3:04 PM

Nov 2016
Well, this was a rather anticlimatic conclusion to this trip, but cute how Koneko is showing her affection now, also got more of Akeno which was nice.

And lol @Rosseweisse.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 28, 2020 3:47 PM

Mar 2010
This was actually pretty good, I can understand akeno being mentally ill and taking out on her father. BUt yeah she needs to stop blaming him.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 18, 2021 4:15 AM

Jul 2019
Finally Akeno and issei focused episode glad that rias didn't disturb them this tym.
May 11, 2021 2:01 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Wtf this is highschool dxd you’re not supposed to get feels from this! And yet, my heart....

Oh no, strong man eating food on a train and saying “delicious” isn’t going to end well.... if you know you know

NYANPASU
5700XT

Aug 16, 2022 11:48 PM

Nov 2019
I know I'm going to be bald some day, yet it's certainly not my purpose of watching this anime for Rossweisse's head turning mango-shaped and everyone suddenly having extremely tall forehead.
SgtBateManAug 18, 2022 6:11 PM
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

May 13, 2023 7:23 AM
May 2017
It could have been done better.
Sep 20, 2023 5:04 PM

Dec 2022
An episode with an Akeno focus this time. Issei finally got a mouth kiss from her too. Always nice to see some development on that front.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 16, 2015

144 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 10, 11:00 AM

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2015

135 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 10, 9:51 AM

» The last three episodes are filler

5hyguy - Feb 24

16 by adityakush_477 »»
Mar 28, 12:10 AM

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

341 by The_proxD138 »»
Jan 1, 3:54 PM

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2015

175 by DoryWinter »»
Nov 22, 2023 2:19 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.