Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 2, 2015 3:56 PM
Oct 2010
Terrible animation and unnecessary dragging. This whole episode achieved absolutely nothing , couldn't they have cut some of the scenes out and let them get their weapons now? All that padding just annoyed me more than anything else.
May 2, 2015 4:10 PM

Mar 2012
Lol, I feel like most of the characters in this show are in a competition to see who can get the most hot-headed.
May 2, 2015 4:37 PM

Jul 2013
jeez this animation is so sucky
i mean.. i hope it was just this episode, otherwise the series will look like ninja slayer
May 2, 2015 4:54 PM

Jan 2013
BlackRadiantBook said:

I wonder how much Yu will 'react' when he find out Mika is alive... and a vampire.

it wont metter,Yu will love Mika for his true self
terrance207 said:
anyone else notice how good the music was?

best part of the ep
na35899 said:
the pace is so slow im gonna shit in my pants 1/5

they dragged 5 mins into 20 mins -_-
May 2, 2015 5:02 PM

Jun 2008
The pacing was so slow but I can see why they wouldn't want to rush the contract scenes all in this episode. Shinoa was more obnoxious than she was in the manga, but then again, that's what I love about her lol. So troll <3

But it all doesn't matter because
Shinya-sama
Shinya-sama.
SHINYA-SAMA.
Aryashine!
May 2, 2015 5:07 PM

Oct 2014
Lol that "Baka-guren" Scene. 2/5 for that Cliffhanger plus 2 for the Comedy equals 4.

Br4nd0nHeat said:
Guren goes Bankai!!

Baka-guren can Beat Ichigo using that Rare black demon Sword xD
May 2, 2015 5:11 PM

Oct 2013
Guess I wasn't the only one that saw something off about the animation at some points, especially during the class part.

May 2, 2015 5:22 PM

Feb 2011
aerithclode said:
Lol that "Baka-guren" Scene. 2/5 for that Cliffhanger plus 2 for the Comedy equals 4.

Br4nd0nHeat said:
Guren goes Bankai!!
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

is it just me to find it funny that the face is the only thing not moving in that gif? xD

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
May 2, 2015 5:39 PM

Feb 2015
Okay, thought I was the only one getting annoyed by the choppy animations lol first episode where I notice something like that but nonetheless, it was aiiiight
May 2, 2015 5:51 PM

Apr 2012
Gosh I love this anime so much!!! Guren is such a boss I dind't even relize how much I love him until now. xDDD I see the Yu x Shinoa ship is about to sail. The scene where the childrean freaked out of Mika seriously broke my heart. T-T I can't wait to see the Mika - Yu reunion. ^^

iAmZiro said:
Guess I wasn't the only one that saw something off about the animation at some points, especially during the class part.

I was thinking about the same!! It was weird...
May 2, 2015 6:05 PM

Jul 2010
still feeling a bit meh about this show, i shall wait for the action
May 2, 2015 6:08 PM

Feb 2014
Yay, now we have three bad characters to worry about! The lieutenant, the MC, and that red-haired delinquent.

The purple-haired girl's teasing of the MC has been kinda entertaining in past episodes, but I'm sorry, showing everyone Yuu's grade was a total b**ch thing to do. Not saying he didn't deserve it for being arrogant and all, but come on, that's beyond playful teasing.

Are you freaking kidding me a teacher/army lieutenant (who shouldn't have to attend those boring meetings like lol how unfair for him) is willing to risk the well-being of all of the students just to make a point and stop two kids from bickering? Adolescence abuse much?

lol at Yuu calling Mizuki arrogant? Best comedy out of the whole episode.

And the worst part is that this kind of behavior is actually being encouraged! Nobody ever stops to tell Yuu: "stfu about this whole demon thing or you're getting kicked out of the army", and instead, the lieutenant is like: "ehh I don't have a lot of time sure kid have a demon". Yay, acting entitled and yelling at your superiors really does work in this society!

The animation was soooo choppy in this episode jeez. At least the demon room was pretty cool (the background art is actually pretty interesting imo).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 2, 2015 6:29 PM

Dec 2014
I freaking love Guren.

And a lot of Mika <3
May 2, 2015 6:58 PM

Aug 2013
Great episode, even knowing the plot I'm looking forward to seeing the development of adaptation, I like of the tone a little dark being presented

I really like also of the confidence of Yuu, Shinoa sometimes makes me angry, but that Guren's personality really annoys me, do not like him, I am always expecting some bad happen to him

The pace of adaptation is good in my opinion, I thought it would be faster, but so it is possible to harness the full potential of the plot ..
May 2, 2015 7:04 PM
Nov 2013
So far, so good. The characters have character and have well defined objectives since their first appearance. Moreover Mika have bad luck , because it is not next to Yu, Not only that, also in another team ... The protagonist is very childish, lack even the "hero called" to be unstoppable, I hope none of the trio die.

P.d: Sorry if my english is bad, I am speak spanish.
May 2, 2015 7:06 PM

Jun 2013
aerithclode said:

Br4nd0nHeat said:
Guren goes Bankai!!

Bankai, Senbonzakuro Kageyoshi.

All hail Shinya-sama, bitchy but kawaii~
May 2, 2015 7:11 PM

Nov 2014
I love the dynamic between Yu and Guren/Kimizuki/Shinoa. Oh, man, Guren's hair does not look good gelled back. I'm kind of worried about Yoichi... Next episode will definitely be super exciting :DD I'm looking forwards to watching everyone confront their inner demons ;)
May 2, 2015 7:32 PM
Jun 2010
omg love Hiiragi
May 2, 2015 7:39 PM

Oct 2011
Felt like I was watching a Miyzaki film. Dat animation : 0

Eren, Armin, and Jean(?) are getting their cursed gear

Poor Mika : (
May 2, 2015 7:54 PM

Jan 2011
boy was this episode missing a lot of frames at time was most noticeable in the mouth movements

still pacing is quite slow even Guren wants to speed it along
May 2, 2015 8:22 PM

Aug 2014
This anime is truly slow - 5 episodes out of 12, and the MC hasn't even been made a member of the anti-vampire force. Just reflect on that. I know it's already confirmed to have a second season, but come on...

I still liked the episode, though. Guren is awesome, and it looks like he has a Mika of his own as well. It's kinda funny how he doesn't realize how much him and Yuu are alike. Figures which 4 would be left standing after Guren's ''test''. Hopefully next time things will start moving.

I'm glad this episode confirmed something: I'm not the only one who finds Shinoa just annoying, even Guren doesn't like her. Was it really necessary for her to have fun while showcasing Yuu's failure like that?

3.5/5
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
May 2, 2015 8:30 PM
Apr 2013
it's getting more boring
May 2, 2015 9:04 PM
May 2015
Sigh, I've lost faith in this show. Great first episode, now the execution is horrible.

They made it so obvious as to what the 'plague' consists of.

Vampires didn't cause it blablablabla, it was the fking humans.

Worthless show now.
May 2, 2015 9:14 PM

Apr 2015
I loved this episode.

I keep thinking Guren is like Roy Mustang. (But if we continue the analogy, would that make the Hiiragi family evil like the military leaders in FMA? - well, at least they are self-important douchbags.)

The scene with Yuu getting a zero on his test made me very upset - at the teacher. Clearly his writing difficulties are something they would know about but are somehow completely unsympathetic to. If it's that important, they should get him a Japanese tutor. Also - were they marking him wrong for just using the incorrect script? That seems ridiculous. That doesn't say anything about how well he knew the material (Unless that was Japanese? I kind of missed that.)

Anyways, this episode was very emotional and had great buildup for what happens next. I can't wait to see more!
May 2, 2015 9:54 PM

Aug 2012
Shinoa is such a tease lol
May 2, 2015 10:10 PM

Apr 2013
Dang, I love Shinoa, best girl confirmed. A great episode tbh, the comedy was actually reeally good as well.
May 2, 2015 11:40 PM
Aug 2011
ew @ this series tbh
May 3, 2015 12:01 AM

Nov 2014
Enjoyable episode, despite lacking strong and deep story I am actually enjoying this anime very much.

Next episode, fighting with past and fear :D
May 3, 2015 12:08 AM

Jul 2010
I'm not used to seeing the type of personality Shinoa has in a female character. She's cocky, smug, teasing, and cute. And I have a feeling she's a badass with that scythe of her's. Definitely liking her character so far.

But stealing the MC's failed test and flaunting it to the whole class was a little mean. I have a feeling she had ulterior motives in doing so, though.
May 3, 2015 12:21 AM
Dec 2013
Shiina is annoying.
May 3, 2015 12:25 AM

Mar 2013
Kalisto said:
I'm not used to seeing the type of personality Shinoa has in a female character. She's cocky, smug, teasing, and cute. And I have a feeling she's a badass with that scythe of her's. Definitely liking her character so far.

But stealing the MC's failed test and flaunting it to the whole class was a little mean. I have a feeling she had ulterior motives in doing so, though.

Spoiler alert: her ulterior motive is that she's a bitch.
May 3, 2015 2:00 AM

Apr 2014
PVR said:
Shiina is annoying.

Shinoa best girl pl0x.
May 3, 2015 2:15 AM

Jul 2011
Almost fell asleep during this episode. Like, okay I don't expect mind-blowing action right from the start but c'mon, we're already at episode 5 and nothing interesting has happened yet.

Once again, the only thing keeping me is the curiosity to see how Mika's and Yuu's relationship will play out. If that turns out to be another bore then I'm outta here
May 3, 2015 2:27 AM

Jun 2013
All I can say is I've never thought that there would come a time where I actually disliked Hayami Saori's voice
May 3, 2015 2:43 AM

Jan 2014
Wow, they adapted like 20 or 15 pages plus anime original scenes.

But I have to say, I really liked the scene with Mika in the city. They should have more of that and less of Yuu.

MITSUBA REVEAL NEXT EPISODE PLS!?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 3, 2015 2:54 AM
Apr 2015
It's quite sad that the only thing good in this episode was either the animation of Guren using his curse weapon and the original footage with Mika.

Slow pacing is slow, at this rate they won't even get to chapter 12-13 in this course. I almost forgot this was supposed to be a "shounen" anime/manga yet it feels more like a fantasy slice of live highschool anime at this point. Which is wierd since ep 1 was actually well done...
May 3, 2015 2:59 AM

Jan 2015
fst said:
Kalisto said:

Spoiler alert: her ulterior motive is that she's a bitch.

I'm pretty sure she somehow made that virus.
May 3, 2015 3:19 AM

Jun 2014
Really liked the episode! I really do love Guren and Shinoa!!
They are really fun!! Finally we are getting to the better parts of the anime!
Let's start with the vampire slaying already!!
May 3, 2015 3:40 AM

Jan 2013
Br4nd0nHeat said:
Guren goes Bankai!!

+ 1

Qsonigga :D :D
May 3, 2015 4:13 AM

May 2015
Thank God Shinoa is here because the characters are unbearable for the most part, and it's so slow-paced..Let's hope it will accelerate a bit.
May 3, 2015 4:37 AM

Nov 2011
Shinoa kinda annoyed me most of this ep.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
May 3, 2015 5:22 AM

Mar 2013
How the fuck did that brown haired girl get her position? How she gonna be in the army if she can't even control her students? You telling me she can kill a vampire but she can't tell a 16 year old shrimp to shut the fuck up and sit down? In fact, why is she even in a teaching position in the first place if she's this bad at it?

In other news, Shinoa is such an annoying bitch. Her whinyass voice is really grating on me, perhaps even moreso than it already was, and today's """trolling""" was just a plain dickass move. Not only did she purposefully get Yu beaten up and bullied in her first episode, she's now trying to get him bullied again because he's not very good at Japanese and academics. He lived underground for years being used as a blood supply by vampires, of course he doesn't know his fucking kanji, piss off. Why does she have to be such an unnecessary cow to kids that have actually been through shit? I hope Yu becomes the best soldier the army has ever seen just to spite her.

Also I'm pretty sure Guren's my favourite character now.
May 3, 2015 5:34 AM

Dec 2012
Alright, so when exactly this anime will be good? I am sorry, but right now I am getting pretty tired with how bad this anime is. I have been trying to be optimistic & even give this anime the benefit of the doubt.
I like anime.
May 3, 2015 5:49 AM

Jan 2012
I just can't manage to get into this >< It's not bad though but well guess I'll drop it...
May 3, 2015 6:03 AM

Apr 2014
terrance207 said:
anyone else notice how good the music was?

That was the instrumental from the ED, played on a piano
Kalisto said:
Loved this episode. Not sure what everyone is complaining about with the animation. i thought it was good. The giant demon faces in the background at the end were hella creepy.

And I'm rather enjoying the slow pacing. I hate it when shows move too fast and don't give time for the characters to build.

Everybody is talking mostly about the first half of the episode, where the animation was niteceably bad, I really haven't seen such a thing in any of the previous episodes.

Backgrounds are stunning as always, but let's hope the animation won't become worse and worse just so they can put all the budget in episode 12 and leave us waiting for months.
When I'm fucked up that's the real me
May 3, 2015 6:36 AM

May 2014
GAH! There are some animation issue this episode, but I like that Guren scene! You know what scene~
Mika~ Mai husbando, I like how they add more scene of you~

May 3, 2015 6:40 AM

Jan 2013
I have to admit that I expected more of this anime, also because there is such a hype around it. But unfortunately, I can't really say that this anime is exceptional so far. I mean, the story is interesting, but the pacing is slow and it lacks something.

May 3, 2015 7:36 AM

Apr 2015
I'm curious why people seem to think that the (somewhat) slow pace of this series is a bad thing?
May 3, 2015 7:39 AM

Aug 2013
Lol x3
Everyone are complaining about Shinoa, animation and slow pacing.
But in my opinion slow pacing, animation and Shinoa (she is great btw) are the only things that keeps me watching this.
rsc-plMay 3, 2015 7:44 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
May 3, 2015 7:50 AM
Jul 2010
stephen5000 said:
I'm curious why people seem to think that the (somewhat) slow pace of this series is a bad thing?

Because the pacing in the manga is much better. At least that's what I think, compared to the anime which drags things forever. They should've gotten their weapons by last week's episodes at least. But since this is wit studio, I still have hopes for this anime so I'll keep watching for now...
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Owari no Seraph Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2015

260 by Salomikee »»
Apr 6, 11:48 AM

» Will this come to crunchyroll soon?

Rockyjams909 - Apr 5

7 by _Blossom18_ »»
Apr 5, 4:03 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2015

599 by voshi »»
Mar 24, 9:29 AM

» Is it a good idea to watch this show? ( 1 2 )

boyswhatup - May 30, 2023

50 by RulyKinkajou59 »»
Mar 10, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Who should Yuno marry?

Lost_Hearts - Dec 17, 2023

6 by NaLu4lifee »»
Jan 17, 11:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.