Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
May 16, 2015 7:59 PM
May 2013
And now, once again, time for something amazing!

Seraph of the End Ep 5

OP: Seriously, the best OP of the season!

The humans are the greedy ones eh queenie? :P

I don't think this show will ever begin to know how to stop being awesome! That's all I have to say.
---

I'm really into anime, but I don't have many people to talk about it with reguarly. So please, add me on AIM: Superrpgman2003 or Skype:Superrpgman. Or just send me a private message here.
May 25, 2015 7:29 PM
Jan 2015
episode was really slow hopefully next one will be better
May 31, 2015 10:35 PM

Oct 2013
Damn Shinoa being the best girl as always, lol'd when she took Yu's test sheet.
Jun 16, 2015 10:04 PM

Jun 2014
I like how they show the humans might not be as innocent as we think. Theres a deeper story here somewhere.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Jun 16, 2015 10:29 PM

Mar 2013
Rebelhero said:
I like how they show the humans might not be as innocent as we think. Theres a deeper story here somewhere.

There's totally some sort of environmental message in this.
Jul 2, 2015 9:57 AM

May 2012
Great episode and nice cliffhanger! Looking forward to see how he'll handle it.
Jul 25, 2015 6:30 PM

Jul 2013
Shinoa good as always when she provoke Yuu with the class test. Yuu and Shih definitely have a weird friendship but often like in DBZ (Son Goku and Vegeta) contrasts are the best.

So next episode we will see if they can handle the demon weapons. Looking forward to this :)

Aug 29, 2015 2:55 PM
Mar 2014
So BORING -_-
Sep 2, 2015 7:03 PM

Mar 2014
I don't understand why they are letting these squirts get the most powerful weapons and join the elite squad of exterminators. The only thing that fuels them all is a strong desire for revenge/power/both. Their desire for revenge is so intense that in Yu's case he describes it as his only reason for living.

Would you really want people acting on passion and reckless fury as members of your elite squad of vampire killers? It doesn't make sense why they are being enlisted when they have no traits of someone who would fit the job.

Think of Attack on Titan's Special Operations Squad and their level of collectedness and calculation and compare it to these potential members of the Vampire Extermination Unit.

For the first few episodes of this show all I could think of when hearing Yu's countless exclamations about wanting power was: "Is this young Sasuke? He has the hairdo for it..."
Sep 4, 2015 2:15 AM
May 2012
Of course the 3 of them will succeed. It's in the opening song.
I am just glad that Mika still has his memories.
Sep 20, 2015 10:39 AM

Jun 2014
Man, I just picked this show back up off my on-hold list to try to finish it when the new season starts, but wow this animation is bad. I apparently wasn't paying much attention to it until recently. It's missing so many frames often and looks either like a poorly made gif or like it was made in Adobe Flash. Studio Wit is a relatively new studio so I could understand some amateur flaws, but they should have tons of money to work off of due to the massive success of Shingeki no Kyojin. They definitely must have not had faith in this work for sales, so they put the cheapest budget and less talented side animators not currently working on SnK season 2.

Just look at this shit, tell me you don't have a problem with it.
https://youtu.be/c00JcIjcLqY?t=28
It's Toei tier.

The background work is very well done at times though, somebody was putting in some effort at least.

Pretty boring episode as well, hopefully it picks up soon.
Dec 30, 2015 10:44 PM
Sep 2014
This show is actually pretty entertaining! And it has quite a few hilarious moments
Jan 8, 2016 8:40 PM

Dec 2012
Man that scene with Mikaela really got me, when he went to visit his old home in the slums and those orphans were there. The ost is phenomenal and really enhances moments like that exponentially.
Apr 28, 2016 12:29 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Good thing i wasn't the only one that noticed the poor quality of the animation scenes in this episode.
Jun 8, 2016 8:29 AM
Mar 2015
Next episode's going to be great. Demon contracts gonna be so great.
Jun 20, 2016 9:23 PM

Feb 2013
Poor quality animation.
Jun 25, 2016 12:48 AM

Dec 2012
Holy shit! That animation when Yuu ran to kick Guren reminded me of Naruto.

Sayuri is cute AF.

Shinoa violated with Yuu's test paper.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Aug 3, 2016 9:47 PM

Jul 2013
lol it's obvious all of them would succeed. Haven't anyone seen the OP? I'm just a bit disappointed that Yu will use that cliche sword. Damn no one ever uses a great sword something like what Guts uses. That's badass af.
Sep 6, 2016 8:03 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
FANTASTIC episode ! I'm liking Shinoa a lot and I like Yu's hot bloodedness and I like Guren's arrogance and the pink hair glasses dude is cool! XD It was sad to see Mika return to the vampire orphanage.
張大です for 張大勇督察
Dec 29, 2016 12:44 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
and now they have to choose demon sword!!!
I think, that they will not problems with the election!!!

Arrives to episode 5, and all in this anime series is comun and typical, nothing special...a little boring....i wait begin the action yet!!! ; _ ;
Apr 9, 2017 6:00 PM

Jun 2013
I told myself I would stop ranting about morals on MAL... but this is just so dumb, I have to mention it.

I haven't brought this up yet, but it's also pretty dumb how similar Yoichi's backstory is to Shihou's. This wouldn't be as bad if their sister angst weren't the only thing we knew about them. Oh, and I guess Yoichi is the more mellow of the two, but it's not clear why. They just don't feel like parts of a well balanced ensemble, more like just a rival and a doormat to underscore how utterly radical and uber cool Yuu is. That reminds me, I'm still waiting for Yuu to have a moment of self reflection.

The clear standout of the episode was the unleashed demon in the classroom, so that's cool. By the way, is Guren just gonna keep being a smug jerk with no depth or what?

Though I'm complaining about everything, I'm still enjoying this train ride. Even if it's gonna crash with no survivors.

I also noticed the jerky animation at some points, but that's not a budget issue. I'm not an expert, but in my understanding, all TV anime cost roughly the same amount of money, proportional to the overall run time. And in "limited animation" (which applies to TV anime), there will always be trade offs, it's just that a good director knows how to manage the resources available - which is something that this director presumably couldn't quite pull off. But of course, there are lots of other things that can go wrong during production.
LeeTailorApr 9, 2017 6:36 PM
Mar 8, 2020 9:27 AM

Sep 2018
I feel like this anime is going too fast pace but at the same time slow too.

Imo the emotional scenes have little to no build up, for example episode 2 (I’m pretty sure) Yuu finally got his first friend & his family is proud and leaves him. It all happened way too fast and didn’t give me any time to be emotional. The show is also so slow too like the last episode. To be honest, the anime should be 25 episodes so it can have that build up for them emotional scenes. Also! The animation is garbage, it’s like choppy. I don’t really notice choppy animation, even so I don’t usually care but this episode but screaamms poor animation.

I’m a bit disappointed since this anime is highly praised on different social media but what I’m seeing here is a bit of a mess. On a side note, at least the ending is nice... butttt I don’t really like the opening that much, I was expecting something more.. powerful? Don’t know how to describe it
RainlingMar 8, 2020 9:37 AM
Mar 19, 2020 12:49 AM
Dec 2019
Rainling said:
I feel like this anime is going too fast pace but at the same time slow too.

Imo the emotional scenes have little to no build up, for example episode 2 (I’m pretty sure) Yuu finally got his first friend & his family is proud and leaves him. It all happened way too fast and didn’t give me any time to be emotional. The show is also so slow too like the last episode. To be honest, the anime should be 25 episodes so it can have that build up for them emotional scenes. Also! The animation is garbage, it’s like choppy. I don’t really notice choppy animation, even so I don’t usually care but this episode but screaamms poor animation.

I’m a bit disappointed since this anime is highly praised on different social media but what I’m seeing here is a bit of a mess. On a side note, at least the ending is nice... butttt I don’t really like the opening that much, I was expecting something more.. powerful? Don’t know how to describe it
I somehow agree with you this Show is fast pased and I have seen nothing special till now except OP..
Mar 19, 2020 3:42 AM

Sep 2018
Itachi_Uchiha101 said:
I somehow agree with you this Show is fast pased and I have seen nothing special till now except OP..

I’m glad someone agree’s, I was very confused throughout this anime since I didn’t vibe with it

The Op is ok. I don’t know if I enjoy it or not
Mar 19, 2020 3:56 AM

Jan 2010
Rainling said:
Itachi_Uchiha101 said:

I’m glad someone agree’s, I was very confused throughout this anime since I didn’t vibe with it

The Op is ok. I don’t know if I enjoy it or not

Tbh imo there is not enough build up for the characters and settings.

The prequel novel is much better imo (Catastrophe at sixteen). It's a story set before the apocalypse. The manga adaptation is currently ongoing.
Mar 19, 2020 4:05 AM

Sep 2018
Shicchi said:

The prequel novel is much better imo (Catastrophe at sixteen). It's a story set before the apocalypse. The manga adaptation is currently ongoing.

I agree that there isn’t enough build up.

I might just have to read the prequel + the manga adaptation (if the manga is better than the anime)
Mar 19, 2020 4:11 AM

Jan 2010
Rainling said:
Shicchi said:

I agree that there isn’t enough build up.

I might just have to read the prequel + the manga adaptation (if the manga is better than the anime)

Imo manga is better. At least the art is very pretty XD But the anime has beautiful OST and amazing seiyuu, so that's a shame thing to miss too.
Mar 12, 2021 10:32 PM

Jun 2020
That scene of children being fearful of Mika was so sad. Nicely done with that OST.

I laughed when Guren was all like.....ok if you’re conscious you passed, if you’re still standing you get 4 stars & oh Shinoa I wished you passed out lol!!!!! Deadpan hilarious. What a chad. More Guren moreeeeee I love him.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

May 29, 2021 3:06 AM
Apr 2021
Shinoa is a one of the best girls in all anime.
Oct 28, 2021 11:30 AM

Jan 2021
The animation was a bit weak this episode. I hope that after this ceremony they will finally leave the school.
May 14, 2022 10:19 AM
Nov 2020
"I'll slaughter the vampire that took Mika from me". What will happen when they meet?? Let's go
Aug 26, 2022 7:52 PM
Feb 2021
There was nothing that bothered me, just perfect.
Sep 2, 2022 4:12 PM

Mar 2019
Poor Mikaaa, I feel so bad for him.

Gurenn!!! That was so badass, I love it!! I'll always go for this type of character even if I keep seeing it in every shounen, also his voice actor is just perfect.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jun 28, 2023 6:11 AM

Dec 2022
Maybe Yoichi will end up being quite tough? Could be that he's discredited because of his meek nature, but Guren's demon aura didn't phase him.

Yuu gives no fucks about anyone else in the orphanage except Mika, apparently. Luckily for him, they're the only ones who will probably actually stay dead.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Owari no Seraph Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2015

260 by Salomikee »»
Apr 6, 11:48 AM

» Will this come to crunchyroll soon?

Rockyjams909 - Apr 5

7 by _Blossom18_ »»
Apr 5, 4:03 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2015

599 by voshi »»
Mar 24, 9:29 AM

» Is it a good idea to watch this show? ( 1 2 )

boyswhatup - May 30, 2023

50 by RulyKinkajou59 »»
Mar 10, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Who should Yuno marry?

Lost_Hearts - Dec 17, 2023

6 by NaLu4lifee »»
Jan 17, 11:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.