Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 30, 2015 5:36 AM
Apr 2015
Although School Days can be really painful to watch and that Itou is a complete dick to everyone, does it really deserves the label of WORST ANIME EVAR like every one says it is? To me it's a really solid show and is extremely realistic (yes otaks, it's pretty easy to have a threesome).

Anyway, what do you guys think?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 30, 2015 5:39 AM

Mar 2014
No, the worst anime evah is Tokyo Phoul √A

Come at me, Z
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Apr 30, 2015 5:39 AM
Jul 2018
Not really I'm actually seeing more people like it more than before. I guess they got tired of virgins so they started liking school days because the mc goes through pussy like a fat kid goes through cupcakes.
Apr 30, 2015 5:42 AM
Jan 2015
Wait, what part of this show is "extremely realistic"? And how is that even a good or bad thing?
指が折れるまで!
Apr 30, 2015 5:43 AM

Jan 2015
I observe dis hatred in most animu websites and pages like the Mangafox page on FB and some Youtube channels
but I dnt think its "Teh Wurst Animu Evaaaar" coz Mars of Destruction, Gundou Musashi, and Skelter Heaven are far more worse
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Apr 30, 2015 5:44 AM

Jan 2013
It's a nice reflection on what "cute" and "lovey dovey" relationships often result to
Apr 30, 2015 5:45 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Possibly

I get the feeling most people don't actually understand what it was trying to do
Apr 30, 2015 5:47 AM

Jan 2013
HaXXspetten said:
Possibly

I get the feeling most people don't actually understand what it was trying to do
defenitely not imouto relationships
Apr 30, 2015 5:47 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Klad said:
HaXXspetten said:
Possibly

definitely not imouto relationships
sadly no

we need more anime like that though
Apr 30, 2015 5:48 AM

Jan 2013
HaXXspetten said:
Klad said:
definitely not imouto relationships
sadly no

seriously, just no
Apr 30, 2015 5:49 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Klad said:
HaXXspetten said:
sadly no

seriously, just no
more hentai like that then*

thank god for eroge at least
Apr 30, 2015 5:49 AM

Feb 2015
School Days has a nicely delivered plot with concluded ending. Those who hate is just a people who wants a nice sailing ship.
Apr 30, 2015 5:52 AM

Nov 2013
I think that a large amount of the dislike is fostered by people who didn't see it coming. For about half of the series, it plays out lovey-dovey. When it sinks into the darkness and ends the way it did, it throws a ton of people off. Like me.

That being said, I don't hate School Days. I even bought the VN and have been playing it. Mostly to see Makoto die in really painful ways. It's no masterpiece, but to call it the worst is definitely a strech.
Apr 30, 2015 5:56 AM

Oct 2011
Makoto best MC
Apr 30, 2015 5:57 AM

Feb 2013
The MC sucks but at least the ending makes everything worth it.

Apr 30, 2015 6:04 AM

Jan 2011
Harems d be more entertaining if they had mc like Makoto
Apr 30, 2015 6:18 AM

Mar 2014
School days isn't realistic though
Apr 30, 2015 6:20 AM

Jan 2008
It is the worst one I watched especially relative to the amount of buzz it generated. It gave rise to the popular perception that "male MCs suck" and many subsequent protagonists were compared to Makoto and hated (see Myself;Yourself etc.)

I would prefer if that travesty never existed. They should have just taken the sex scenes out of the game and created a hentai from it.
Apr 30, 2015 6:23 AM

Aug 2014
My problem with SD is that the male MC is really bland. They could have replaced him with a car to make it more interesting. All the chicks fighting over the car.
Apr 30, 2015 6:24 AM

Jul 2014
Hey School Days is one of my all time favourites

Apr 30, 2015 6:36 AM

Aug 2013
The idea behind School Days is actually much more interesting than the execution. Harem protagonist that are perfectly willing to boink each girls is almost nonexistent in anime (outside H realm) after all. The first couple of episodes are painfully boring and tedious that i'm amazed i managed to sit through it. For that kind of thing to work, it needed to start out as a (good) harem comedy that slowly builds into darkness instead of playing it low key and then dropping everything in the last couple of episodes.
Apr 30, 2015 6:41 AM

Jun 2014
sullynathan said:
School days isn't realistic enough though
All credit goes to Sacred.
Apr 30, 2015 6:53 AM

Feb 2015
Wasn't SD the anime where everyone dies at the end or something like that?
Apr 30, 2015 7:12 AM

Jul 2013
It'd receive a lot more hate if it ended as happy ending imo.
Apr 30, 2015 7:13 AM

Jan 2010
Not only do I believe School Days receives far too much hate, but Makoto Itou is treated a scapegoat for everyone's frustrations. Seriously, the entire cast is screwed up and the hate should be distributed throughout. These are terrible people. Not terrible characters mind you, as if evident by the ending, it was planned for these characters to be unlikable. Whether the show is good or not, it at least followed through with its intentions with a very nice boat.

Now that I've said that, I don't deny that School Days shouldn't be hated. It's a show that's not fun to watch, and enjoyment comes from watching this initially innocent school romance/ecchi comedy turn into something horrific. It's fine to dislike it, as the point of the show is to make you hate the characters. However, I disagree with people who call it a bad show outright. There's a difference between a horrific show and a horrible show, just as there's a difference between a terrible person and a terrible character.

Honestly, I'd be okay with all criticisms if the entire cast was hated, but every time I see hate only directed towards Makoto Itou, it just gives the impression that he was the only character who did anything wrong. That's...Did you even watch the same show I did?
Apr 30, 2015 7:21 AM

Jun 2012
The problem with School Days in a nutshell is Sekai is the only well-written character. Like I don't get a sense of what goes in Makoto or Kotonoha's minds, if at all. They just sort of go through the (e)motions. If I wanted to watch emotional wrecks done the right way, I'd sooner suggest Rumbling Hearts any day.
Apr 30, 2015 7:31 AM

Jan 2015
FireEmblemIke24 said:
sullynathan said:
School days isn't realistic enough though

Since when is anime supposed to be realistic?
Apr 30, 2015 7:40 AM
Apr 2012
I actually liked it a lot. It was refreshing to see a harem gone wrong. It at least knew what it was trying to be so it's not like the worst anime ever that many claim it to be.
Apr 30, 2015 7:42 AM

Jul 2014
Imo the concept and the ending aren't that bad. It just becomes kind of laughable towards the end.
Apr 30, 2015 7:44 AM

Mar 2014
FahtahSensei said:
FireEmblemIke24 said:

Since when people said school days was supposed to be realistic.
Apr 30, 2015 8:31 AM

May 2012
sullynathan said:
FahtahSensei said:

School Days is more realistic than most anime.
Apr 30, 2015 8:34 AM

Jun 2014
NerdyLlifter101 said:
(yes otaks, it's pretty easy to have a threesome)

OP just wanted to make sure to let you all know he's been in a threesome and is better then you. Nice touch I must say.
Apr 30, 2015 8:34 AM

Jan 2014
I found it original and daring. I kinda liked it, but that promiscuous behavior and that ending might, quite understandably, upset people.
The writer who penned Clashing Feelings. You can buy the light novel on Amazon.
Apr 30, 2015 8:35 AM

Jul 2011
No, that it's Clannad
Apr 30, 2015 8:37 AM

May 2012
Shiratori-san said:
I found it original and daring. I kinda liked it, but that promiscuous behavior and that ending might, quite understandably, upset people.

>Guy gets no pussy

"RAWR. HE IS STUPID. THIS ANIME IS 4 OTAKU SHUTINS THAT GIT NO GURLS."

>Guy gets pussy

"RAWR. HE IS A PIECE OF SHIT, EVEN THOUGH THERE IS A RAPIST IN THE SHOW AND MANY OTHER ANIME CHARACTERS DO MUCH WORSE THINGS.'

You can't win.
Apr 30, 2015 8:44 AM

Jul 2011
PoeticJustice said:
Shiratori-san said:

>Guy gets no pussy

>Guy gets pussy

"RAWR. HE IS A PIECE OF SHIT, EVEN THOUGH THERE IS A RAPIST IN THE SHOW AND MANY OTHER ANIME CHARACTERS DO MUCH WORSE THINGS.'

You can't win.

What if instead of 5 or 6 he gets one, (or two for drama)?
Apr 30, 2015 8:46 AM

Mar 2015
Remv_quevav said:
I observe dis hatred in most animu websites and pages like the Mangafox page on FB and some Youtube channels
but I dnt think its "Teh Wurst Animu Evaaaar" coz Mars of Destruction, Gundou Musashi, and Skelter Heaven are far more worse

^^This +1
people that said school days are worst anime need to watch more anime.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Apr 30, 2015 8:47 AM

Jun 2014
Praland said:
PoeticJustice said:

>Guy gets no pussy

>Guy gets pussy

You can't win.

Nah. That would introduce realism or some shit.
Apr 30, 2015 8:50 AM

May 2012
Syndiciate said:
Praland said:

So if a guy gets 2 girls that would make it more realistic? People have one night stands all the time. Yes, the amount of sex he had was exaggerated but I am pretty sure boys in his position would do the same thing.
Apr 30, 2015 8:50 AM
Feb 2011
sullynathan said:

More realistic than any other harem shit though. In this day and age you'd definitely be fucking girls (at least one from the bunch) if they come like that on you and not be afraid to fucking confess or simply admit that you like somebody.
Like hell, even through my eleventh and twelfth years of highschool, there were some guys who already two timed on some girls from the same classes.
You can say he was a dick or something, but the way Makoto acted is more realistic that how most of other shitty harem MCs act. Maybe the ending was kinda of unreal, but even shit like that actually happens now and then in this world.
Apr 30, 2015 8:53 AM

Jun 2014
PoeticJustice said:
Syndiciate said:

So if a guy gets 2 girls that would make it more realistic? People have one night stands all the time. Yes, the amount of sex he had was exaggerated but I am pretty sure boys in his position would do the same thing.

Never watched SD but going off the fact that he apparently is a sex god unless that's an integral part of the plot I'd say it's unrealistic.

If it had just one girl or maybe two then it could focus on realism and drama rather then harems.
Apr 30, 2015 9:06 AM

Oct 2009
-JonasTheJay- said:
Wasn't SD the anime where everyone dies at the end or something like that?

Nope, that would be pokemon.

Bibi_Punk said:
The problem with School Days in a nutshell is Sekai is the only well-written character. Like I don't get a sense of what goes in Makoto or Kotonoha's minds, if at all. They just sort of go through the (e)motions. If I wanted to watch emotional wrecks done the right way, I'd sooner suggest Rumbling Hearts any day.

Indeed. The rest of the crew was just like a generic character out of some terrible hentai OVA, even Yosuga no Incest had better character development than SD anime. There's clear intent of the romance on each arcs and how it was delivered, not just some random sex scenes thrown casually everywhere.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Apr 30, 2015 9:09 AM

Mar 2014
It's pretty bad. The girls in the show are really pathetic, but the ending was pretty interesting.
Apr 30, 2015 9:10 AM

Mar 2014
PoeticJustice said:
sullynathan said:

That's not saying much now is it
Apr 30, 2015 9:11 AM

Mar 2014
dfsafsaf said:
sullynathan said:

More realistic than any other harem shit though. In this day and age you'd definitely be fucking girls (at least one from the bunch) if they come like that on you and not be afraid to fucking confess or simply admit that you like somebody.
Like hell, even through my eleventh and twelfth years of highschool, there were some guys who already two timed on some girls from the same classes.
You can say he was a dick or something, but the way Makoto acted is more realistic that how most of other shitty harem MCs act. Maybe the ending was kinda of unreal, but even shit like that actually happens now and then in this world.

Find me a high school freshmen in your school with one friend, has no defining traits, never had a girlfriend, awkward and monotone that can pull multiple bitches within a span of a couple of weeks in highschool.
Apr 30, 2015 9:17 AM

Jul 2011
I don't see how this show can be liked. The only thing people remember is the last third and ending, but everything leading up to it was just boring as hell. Bland and frustratingly stupid characters, an even more boring and stupid love triangle and meh animation to top it all off.

I don't think it's worth to sit through all that just to see the hyped up ending, which I wouldn't even consider to be that "dark" to begin with
Apr 30, 2015 9:18 AM

Feb 2015
sullynathan said:
Apr 30, 2015 9:36 AM

Apr 2013
i don't think its hated enough
Apr 30, 2015 10:24 AM

Oct 2010
PoeticJustice said:
sullynathan said:

Yes but irrelevant. It is realistic because it doesn't have implausible physical elements. That doesn't mean that it is in any way likely. Case extremes do exist, but they don't usually take place. And this series is nothing more or less than that: case extreme after case extreme after case extreme.
Apr 30, 2015 10:30 AM

Jul 2010
It's possibly the most hated series ever and in my opinion School Days deserves it. From technical point it's not so bad and it excels in what it tries to do, too much unfortunately. Subjectively speaking, it's definitely the most rage inducing show I have seen and that alone is the reason why I consider it "the worst". From objective point of view, there are way worse series.

It's very controversial series for sure.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » School Days Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Siing - Jul 5, 2007

160 by postaldude34 »»
Apr 14, 9:14 PM

Poll: » School Days Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ranivus - Sep 20, 2007

1284 by xseandee »»
Apr 14, 9:02 AM

Poll: » School Days Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

jobocan - Jul 27, 2007

142 by Atsunome »»
Apr 14, 6:38 AM

Poll: » School Days Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Haoji - Jul 22, 2007

134 by Atsunome »»
Apr 14, 6:02 AM

Poll: » School Days Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cyruz - Jul 13, 2007

116 by Atsunome »»
Apr 14, 5:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.