Forum Settings
Forums

what anime you don't like, but still continues watching/finished it? and why?

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 29, 2015 7:05 PM

Apr 2014
Another for me, since the story is a mess, and everyone was talking about it, so...
CM said:
Right now, me, right now, in Cleveland, Ohio, take fucking care of me right fucking now. Don't worry about where I'm supposed to be tomorrow. Don't worry about what segment I'm supposed to be. Fucking fix me. My fucking ribs are broken, my knee is fucking torn up, I'm fucking sick. Fucking help me.
Apr 29, 2015 9:32 PM

Nov 2013
Absolute Duo, so much cliche.
Apr 29, 2015 9:38 PM

Jun 2014
Pupa. 2015 rate an anime 5 or under challenge. It was short so I didn't have to bear the pain that long.
Apr 29, 2015 9:39 PM
Apr 2014
Syndiciate said:
Pupa. 2015 rate an anime 5 or under challenge. It was short so I didn't have to bear the pain that long.
Watch Utsu Musume Sayuri, Human Zoo, or Shitcom if you want something much worse.
Apr 29, 2015 9:43 PM

Oct 2012
Gholy said:
Syndiciate said:
Watch Utsu Musume Sayuri, Human Zoo, or Shitcom if you want something much worse.
Don't forget Nami, Nami is worse than all of those imo.
Apr 29, 2015 9:44 PM
Apr 2014
Syndiciate said:
Gholy said:

D:
They're ~1-3 minutes each. Give them a go!

EDIT: Here's Nami as well!
Apr 29, 2015 9:45 PM

Sep 2014
I usually just complete everything anyway, no matter how hard it becomes to enjoy it later on. I've only dropped one show so far, after slowing down my watching time of it to 1 episode per week. I hated it so much that even that was too much for me, lol.
Apr 29, 2015 9:58 PM

Nov 2012
Fate: UBW
The MCs (Shirou in special) are terrible and watching their relationship is painful but the other elements of the show and the other characters strike me as both interesting and peculiar
Apr 29, 2015 10:06 PM

Nov 2014
Owari no Seraph. People keep saying "It'll get better!".
Still waiting for that...
Apr 29, 2015 10:13 PM

Sep 2014
Koufuku Graffiti
I mainly stuck with it for the food
Apr 29, 2015 10:56 PM

Dec 2012
Imaishi said:
i dont know, for example Shigatsu which I hated from the very start, but wanted to finish it all to be able to discuss it all and bash on it properly
This is the reason I love instigating people. When they haven't watched enough of a show I say "you need to watch it to know what you're talking about." But once they finish it and think that somehow qualifies their shitty opinion, I simply point and laugh.

@ Topic - I kept praying Samurai Failmenco would redeem itself after the Gorilla Guillotine, but all it left me was feeling psychologically violated by the end.
Apr 29, 2015 11:03 PM

May 2012
naruto - kishimoto made a new series about the kids, he needs to let it rest in peace
highschool dxd - why?
harem - please make as much reverse harem anime as they do with harem
monogatari series - we get it most of them are equally cute. except shinobu is the cutest
toaru railgun/index/whatever - fuck you and your shitty plot
save all the cute girls from ntr manga
Apr 29, 2015 11:48 PM

Jun 2014
Ratohnhaketon said:

@ Topic - I kept praying Samurai Failmenco would redeem itself after the Gorilla Guillotine, but all it left me was feeling psychologically violated by the end.

I haven't seen Flamenco but it really reminds me of power rangers with the whole get up going on
All credit goes to Sacred.
Apr 29, 2015 11:49 PM

Apr 2013
Everything in my list I rated below a 5. I hate dropping shows.
Apr 30, 2015 12:02 AM

Dec 2012
FireEmblemIke24 said:
Ratohnhaketon said:

I haven't seen Flamenco but it really reminds me of power rangers with the whole get up going on
Power Rangers is my childhood but I could not stand Flamenco. It was harder to watch because I actually really liked it up to a certain point. It was akin to watching your son give up an athletic scholarship and career to pursue MLP cosplaying.
Apr 30, 2015 12:49 AM

Nov 2013
I used to be like that and finish everything I started even if I didn't like it all that much. Though because of the increase in my workload these past months I have finally dropped a few I wasn't enjoying. I just don't have the time to waste on shows I'm not enjoying.
Apr 30, 2015 1:11 AM

Aug 2013
Currently it's Fate UBW. There's just too many thing i dislike on it yet i'm still watching it simply to keep up with Enzo's weekly reviews (He's one of the best and sophisticated anime blogger i've ever seen) on LiA. Because most of the time, half of the fun of watching anime is to read his critical assesment of said anime.
Apr 30, 2015 3:48 AM
Aug 2013
Welcome to the NHK (They said it was good, so with each episode I hoped to find the good part about it, and failed to do so)
SAO (I didn't like it but I had nothing to waste my time on)
Aldnoah.Zero (in hope to see some improvements but that NTR)
Absolute Duo (No reason really, was the only thing I would watch on Monday I guess)
11eyes (this sucked so much and I have kinda wanted to see how it ends)
Code:Breaker (Sounded good at first but the mistake..)
E's Otherwise (No reason, just started so wanted to finish it)

There are a lot honestly.
Apr 30, 2015 4:13 AM

Jan 2015
FanEu said:
mgronald said:
I LOOOOVVVEEED Strike the Blood. then around episode 19 i had a deep hatred for it.

^Toradora is a masterpiece

Fuck no
It had potential but Taiga ruined it one of the most annoying characters ever
Needed a few bitch slaps
Taiga shood be burned at stake
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Apr 30, 2015 4:53 AM
Jul 2018
Sword art online 2 I thought it was going to be different somehow :C
Apr 30, 2015 4:59 AM
Jul 2018
Ratohnhaketon said:
FireEmblemIke24 said:

Power Rangers is my childhood but I could not stand Flamenco. It was harder to watch because I actually really liked it up to a certain point. It was akin to watching your son give up an athletic scholarship and career to pursue MLP cosplaying.

The reviews on it were spot on it is kinda like riding a roller coaster without a seat belt on some will just fling off during the ride or make it through hating it and the guy who designed it. Some would enjoy it it.

(I enjoyed it)
Apr 30, 2015 5:51 AM

Apr 2015
Most anime if I don't like it, I'll put it on hold (until someone convinces me that it will get better) or I'll drop it. I didn't really like Alice Academy, but so many of my friends liked it so I thought, ok, let me finish this.

I did finish it and I just couldn't connect with the characters. I feel a little disappointed in myself that I didn't enjoy it as much as others but .... maybe it's the art? Or the clumsy main character? I don't know.

THis is the only one so far. The others are OVAs or specials so it's only a few minutes that I have wasted ........
Apr 30, 2015 5:52 AM

Jan 2013
World Trigger
Apr 30, 2015 6:18 AM

Jul 2014
A lot.
For example, the second season of Kimi ni Todoke. It was like a single episode stretched into twelve episodes.
Apr 30, 2015 8:41 AM

Mar 2015
Remv_quevav said:
FanEu said:

Fuck no
It had potential but Taiga ruined it one of the most annoying characters ever
Needed a few bitch slaps
Taiga shood be burned at stake

just make it not with MC are enough for me.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Apr 30, 2015 8:43 AM

Jun 2014
EnigmaticTD said:

You kept watching after 3 episodes?...
Apr 30, 2015 8:50 AM

Mar 2015
Know said:

highschool dxd - why?
for the glory of the "PLOT".
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Apr 30, 2015 2:10 PM

Mar 2015
Syndiciate said:
EnigmaticTD said:

You kept watching after 3 episodes?...
or you can read manga.
Apr 30, 2015 2:19 PM

Feb 2013
If Owari no Seraph is supposed to get better then it sure is taking it's time. 4 volumes in and I can't see anything remotely praiseworthy about the writing.
Apr 30, 2015 2:23 PM

Apr 2015
Dance in the Vampire Bund, I finished because it was one of my first anime and back then I didnt like to drop shows.
Apr 30, 2015 2:23 PM

Nov 2013
I have this for quite a few manga, but for anime, not really. If I don't like it, I typically drop it.

The closest thing here is Saekano. While I didn't hate it, I was expecting more from it and I kept watching it to see if it would live up to the hype of being super clever (which I felt it didn't).

Weirdly enough, if a second season comes out, I'll probably do that again.

Edit: Also, Owari no Seraph, for both the manga and the anime. I read the manga to watch the anime, which I am only watching because Wit. Unless the manga changes something, I find this hard to pass off as something other than an Attack on Titan/Blue Exorcist mashup-ripoff.
Apr 30, 2015 4:59 PM

Mar 2015
SNaG21 said:
The closest thing here is Saekano. While I didn't hate it, I was expecting more from it and I kept watching it to see if it would live up to the hype of being super clever (which I felt it didn't).

Weirdly enough, if a second season comes out, I'll probably do that again.
i think 1 season are enough for me.
Apr 30, 2015 5:11 PM

May 2013
silverwalls said:
most of my badly rated anime
The world shall know the truth soon.
Apr 30, 2015 5:11 PM

Aug 2014
Highschool of the dead.

Just to be able to say that I watched it.
Apr 30, 2015 5:16 PM

Jul 2010
Golden Time

How can the MC be in love with someone who is such a selfish b$tch?
Apr 30, 2015 5:19 PM

May 2010
I forced myself to watch No Game No Life since it's rated so highly on this site. I can't rely on those ratings anymore.

I almost fell asleep watching Shingeki no Kyojin. I remember watching the trailer thinking it was going to be great, but I was wrong.

Been trying to finish TTGL since it came out, but I just can't get over how corny it is. I may finish just to finish it though.

Shakugan no Shana. A lot of people told me it was cool, but for some reason that show annoys me.
Apr 30, 2015 6:47 PM

Jul 2010
FireEmblemIke24 said:
Ratohnhaketon said:

I was really struggling every week when it was airing to watch that show...
Apr 30, 2015 8:15 PM

Mar 2015
Kalisto said:
Golden Time

i wonder why too? anyone can answer it? i almost blank about it almost like 15 episodes then forgot it and enjoy the rest story.
Apr 30, 2015 8:15 PM
Jul 2018
Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi. I wanted to give shonen-ai a fair shot. It failed.
Apr 30, 2015 9:04 PM

Mar 2012
I actually enjoyed Mirai Nikki at the start. For some reason it took me until about episode 18 to stop and think to myself 'Wow. This show really, really sucks'. But I already made it that far so why chicken out?

I don't even know why I watched two fucking seasons and an OVA of Yuru Yuri. But I don't think I even want to touch Season 3.
Apr 30, 2015 9:47 PM

Mar 2015
SeibaaHomu said:
I actually enjoyed Mirai Nikki at the start. For some reason it took me until about episode 18 to stop and think to myself 'Wow. This show really, really sucks'. But I already made it that far so why chicken out?

i drop mirai nikki at episode 19. i mean, the fuck? did yukki not grow up at all after what happened with him?
Apr 30, 2015 10:40 PM

Jun 2014
Seirei tsukai, hoped it would become better since it was my first anime of that genre...
Grisaia, my motto is to finish an adaptation no matter how it sucks
Little busters, same thing as grisaia
Air I was stupid and didn't even think of dropping stuff
Hotaru no haka, was expecting more until the end...
K-On! Was expecting some music and development
Kobato, the art man, the art.
Mekakucity actors, another adaptation I had to see
Majikoi, another adaptation
Oreimo, I wanted to try something new
Shakugan no shana, I tried to like it
SAO, the concept
Tokyo ghoul root of A, false hope by the new "route"
Zero no tsukaima, bored as hell
May 1, 2015 12:38 AM

Apr 2015
Welcome to NHK,Monogatari Series,Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica

So boring but i still finished it
May 1, 2015 12:53 AM

Mar 2012
Perhaps its just me being old and jaded, but I don't wait around for anime to "get good" anymore.

If it's bad and I'm not enjoying it, I drop it by the 3rd or 4th episode. I've heard so many people say "you should finish it to the end anyway, because you never know if it will get a lot better."

That has probably happened with only 1 or 2 anime I've ever watched...out of the dozens that I have dropped. I think that makes it all the more worth it just to find out later and catch up on that anime if it goes get better.
May 1, 2015 4:46 PM

Mar 2015
Kurororo said:
Welcome to NHK,Monogatari Series,Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica

So boring but i still finished it
hide son!
May 1, 2015 4:52 PM

Aug 2014
Kalisto said:
Golden Time

Unyilkdr said:
Kalisto said:
Golden Time

i wonder why too? anyone can answer it? i almost blank about it almost like 15 episodes then forgot it and enjoy the rest story.

It wasnt her personality or her mind that he liked about her >_>
May 1, 2015 4:52 PM

Sep 2011
all of them

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 1, 2015 5:20 PM

Aug 2012
Currently Kekkai Sensen, way too all over the place, don't understand why people like it.

May 1, 2015 8:32 PM

Mar 2015
silverwalls said:
most of my badly rated anime

Mostly ones I'm not used to watching just trying out something new and unusual
My name is Terrence always is Terrence and will always be Terrence
Current Accounts: ThePinhead3333,
May 2, 2015 12:16 AM

Jul 2010
Usually long shounen series. It was like that with bleach. I was watching it since 2006 and just wanted to finish it no matter what even though I didn't like it since episode ~100.
Now exactly the same thing is with Naruto. Once again, its the series I'm watching since it started airing and I'm already too far to just drop it. Since I suffered through all of its fillers so far I just have to finish it no matter what.
It was similar for Toriko and Fairy Tail. The only exception is One Piece which I truly enjoy.

Short series with 50 and less episodes are no problem for me even if I don't enjoy them.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Early-mid 2000s anime – what are your thoughts?

Haneken2086 - Yesterday

15 by JaniSIr »»
10 seconds ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst

EastIndiaCompany - Yesterday

43 by EastIndiaCompany »»
5 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

62 by Alpha_1_Zero »»
12 minutes ago

» Is it weird that I wish strong female characters would get sad ending?

Sanjay63773 - 16 minutes ago

0 by Sanjay63773 »»
16 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

105 by Piromysl »»
24 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.