Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Yotsubato! Chapter 87 Discussion


#1
Apr 28, 2015 2:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 433
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Yotsuba & Cleaning!

Finally an update!

Daddy finally has a name(after 12 years!), Yotsuba helps Granny clean everything and Fuuka believes a paper plastic bag to be a cat.

Content-wise as good as always, but what's with the art? The characters look very...lazy. Everyone's drawn quite sloppily and simplistic. Especially Kowai and Fuuka look way different. The backgrounds are great as usual and Grandma is okay, but the others...I really hope, Azuma doesn't go the Togachi Way of manga publishing
In 9/10 cases, the worst thing about an anime is its fandom.
 
#2
Apr 28, 2015 5:27 PM
News Team
Online
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 99199
This is so exciting, the return of the manga :D

>Meowing to a plastic bag
>Awkward moment

That was gold.
 
#3
Apr 28, 2015 5:43 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 3133
lol'd so hard when Fuuka meowed to the plastic bag.

check out my art! | please do not ask where I read manga from


 
#4
Apr 28, 2015 5:52 PM

Online
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 9660
YOUSUKE!!!!YOUSUKE!!!

plastic bag moment was the best thing ever

YOUSUUUKE!!!!

I guess the art would change after a year, doesn't look much like what it was, but it's not really a problem

KOIWAI YOUSUKE??? THATS HIS NAME?

Yooo, the last two panels are giving me a eerie feeling, shall'nt overthink for now -3-.
 
#5
Apr 28, 2015 6:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 2209
OMG, finally a new chapter!
This is a very nice chapter, I love it. xD
 
#6
Apr 28, 2015 11:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 497
Wow... Mr. Koiwai's name.

And 21 pages too.
 
#7
Apr 28, 2015 11:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 536
WAIT WHAT? They just revealed his name like that out of the blue?

And not even kidding, literally one page before it I was thinking if they're going to reveal it one of these days. Then it just happens.

Wow.
 
#8
Apr 29, 2015 12:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 226
So happy it's finally out! Love Yotsuba's Grandma and that "showdown" thing she and Yotsuba had at the start lol. Fuuka is cute as always, and Koiwai finally has a name!

Don't like how abrupt the ending seemed though.

Nucksen said:
Content-wise as good as always, but what's with the art? The characters look very...lazy. Everyone's drawn quite sloppily and simplistic. Especially Kowai and Fuuka look way different. The backgrounds are great as usual and Grandma is okay, but the others...I really hope, Azuma doesn't go the Togachi Way of manga publishing


Maybe it's the art? The art style's been shifting for a while (eg. compare first chapter to saw few chapters ago). This chapter doesn't look particularly different from recent chapters to me.
 
#9
Apr 29, 2015 12:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 1245
lolololol that bag/cat scene ;D
 
Apr 29, 2015 1:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 433
ArtemisFlow said:
WAIT WHAT? They just revealed his name like that out of the blue?

And not even kidding, literally one page before it I was thinking if they're going to reveal it one of these days. Then it just happens.

Wow.


Grandma Kowai is the first character that actually is in the position to prefer his given name. Every other character either doesn't know the name(Fuuka-tachi), have no contact to another Kowai or are Yotsuba. It's just natural.

RhapsodyinBlue said:


Maybe it's the art? The art style's been shifting for a while (eg. compare first chapter to saw few chapters ago). This chapter doesn't look particularly different from recent chapters to me.


Yeah, Azumas Art is always developing(compare this chapter to his early doujins), but normally he's improving his style. This felt like a small step backwards, or more like drawn in a hurry. There are even some panels where there's incorrectly applied Screentones! That's a beginners mistake.
In 9/10 cases, the worst thing about an anime is its fandom.
 
Apr 29, 2015 2:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 536
Nucksen said:
ArtemisFlow said:
WAIT WHAT? They just revealed his name like that out of the blue?

And not even kidding, literally one page before it I was thinking if they're going to reveal it one of these days. Then it just happens.

Wow.


Grandma Kowai is the first character that actually is in the position to prefer his given name. Every other character either doesn't know the name(Fuuka-tachi), have no contact to another Kowai or are Yotsuba. It's just natural.

Makes sense from a realistic perspective, actually... This is a SoL after all
 
Apr 29, 2015 3:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 929
I find it hard to believe that I just read a new chapter, but I'm very happy about it

Fuuka's character design looks different from what I remember

There was a hint about buying a new house. Azuma might want to introduce some new neighbours in the future
 
Apr 29, 2015 7:44 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 142
Eyo we finally found out his name, only took 10+ years. Somehow the style seems unfamiliar, especially comparing the "poorly" drawn Yotsuba with the detailed grandma. The bag scene was funny tho.
 
Apr 29, 2015 7:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 1316
FUUKA! FAIL!

And the man known just only as Koiwai is revealed to be named Yousuke.
 
Apr 29, 2015 11:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 27
YEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHH a new chapter.

And there's a new character in it. And there's Fuuka too (<3), I cannot be happier !
 
Apr 29, 2015 4:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 791
Meow Meow Meow :p
|AList ≈ A hero is someone who can't show anyone the tears beneath her mask. ≈ MList|
 
Apr 29, 2015 10:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 32
So his name's Yousuke, huh? He'll always be daddy Koiwai to me.

The fact that they talked about buying a house made my stomach fall. I feel like the author is going to end the manga soon.

But at least there was a new chapter after nearly a year-long wait. Quality content, as always.
 
Apr 30, 2015 5:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 5354
mfw yotsuba finally gets updated



plus its not going to take another year for the next one
 
Apr 30, 2015 6:56 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 51
Wow... it's back...

I wouldn't say that Fuuka's design has changed, she is just making lots of comical/weird faces. And Yousuke has bedhair and tired eyes.
 
May 5, 2015 2:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 3359
"This is precure fighting a bunch of dogs"

My god, this is gold.
 
May 6, 2015 2:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 1267
I don't know why but I can't picture Yotsuba watching precure haha.
 
May 6, 2015 2:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 1621
Jerkhov said:
mfw yotsuba finally gets updated



plus its not going to take another year for the next one

i heard we get a new chapter next month
 
May 11, 2015 4:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 11249
At last
Mr. Koiwai's name is revealed
 
Jun 1, 2015 6:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 226
87.2 is nice

Yotsuba looks cute in her cleaning outfit get-up, and Yanda visits and gets to reunite with Grandma too :D
 
Feb 24, 6:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 205
Somehow, I can't help but imagine Grandma with the voice of Otose from Gintama.