Forum Settings
Forums

BL Manga 'Super Lovers' Gets Anime Adaptation

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 28, 2015 2:43 PM

Jul 2008
peeyaj said:
Komatta Toki ni wa Hoshi ni Kike would be a better work to be adapted imho. The age gap in Super Lovers is quite unnerving. Komatta is also a superior work with a better written leads.

I second to this.

Plus Komatta is already complete (so no problem about having an original end there) while Super Lovers is still ongoing. And yes, I'm not going to be surprised if there'll be issues on the age gap when this will be aired.

| Icon by parijienne @ LJ. | My Member Cards |

My Candies :
Apr 28, 2015 3:12 PM

Oct 2012
HELL YES. I don't know this mangaka works, but more yaoi is always welcome! Awesome ♥
Apr 28, 2015 3:22 PM

Dec 2012
Aw damn, I don't really like the plot at all. :(
Apr 28, 2015 4:26 PM

Sep 2012
Red_Keys said:
I can never know with yaoi, because yaoi fans generally have the most garbage of taste.

Is this worth it? Or is it another "characters act like 8 year old little girls but theres a sex scene so we pretend its mature and deep" waste of time?

If i'm not mistaken, there hasn't been any sex scenes in the manga yet, it seems to be more of a shounen ai. As a matter of fact there hasn't been much kissing either. I don't know, there isn't anything special about the story. There are some really sweet moments and the artwork is absolutely beautiful though, go for it.
Apr 28, 2015 4:29 PM

Jun 2013
Hmmmm were getting a lot of yaoi lately :)
Apr 28, 2015 4:32 PM

Jan 2013
Oh my god! I have always wanted Super Lovers to get an anime! This is great!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 28, 2015 4:35 PM

Dec 2012

Fuck, I'm so happy ;A;
Red_Keys said:
Is this worth it?
YES. It's slow paced and involves Age Progression, which is well done, imo.
It's ok, you can trust my taste

H_Elif said:
Shadow-Chan said:
I've been so praying this one gets animated after Hakkenden!
My favorite. Ren is the cutest, from art to story I'm a fan ♥

Me too!
Same!

mayukachan said:
there's already a drama cd so they could potentially use that
海棠晴:森川智之 ( Haru - Morikawa Toshiyuki )
海棠零:神谷浩史 ( Ren - Kamiya Hiroshi )
Kinda cringing at this. Kamiyan voicing Ren.. just doesn't fit.
RothApr 28, 2015 4:52 PM
Apr 28, 2015 4:44 PM
Jul 2018
Never expected this to be adapted >.<

One of my favorites, so good news! Woot.
Apr 28, 2015 5:14 PM

Aug 2012
This looks awesome. I'm looking forward to it. (0 v 0)
Apr 28, 2015 7:20 PM

Jul 2011
Ehhh. Mixed feelings. I only liked the first part of the manga when they're in "Canada" (it sure ain't a forest you'd find in the Canadian Rockies :P), but I don't like the relationship. Really nothing that noteworthy about it and the age gap will cause issues for some people. Though their meeting in Canada is more about becoming friends, so it would work out that way.

Hoping for a movie or OVA. I don't think there are even that many chapters out right now.
MirorinApr 28, 2015 7:24 PM
Apr 28, 2015 7:53 PM
Jul 2018
BiiteYouToDeath said:
Red_Keys said:
I can never know with yaoi, because yaoi fans generally have the most garbage of taste.

Is this worth it? Or is it another "characters act like 8 year old little girls but theres a sex scene so we pretend its mature and deep" waste of time?

If i'm not mistaken, there hasn't been any sex scenes in the manga yet, it seems to be more of a shounen ai. As a matter of fact there hasn't been much kissing either. I don't know, there isn't anything special about the story. There are some really sweet moments and the artwork is absolutely beautiful though, go for it.

You're right. I read it till chapter 15, there is only some kisses. No sex.
Mirorin said:

Hoping for a movie or OVA. I don't think there are even that many chapters out right now.

There is. 7 volumes is too much. 2 cour can fit as well, but that depend on the studio.
Apr 28, 2015 8:09 PM

Apr 2015
I saw the news on another site and prayed that this was fake. Now that it's real I'm going to have to jump on the bandwagon to this sinful hellhole. I like Abe Miyuki's art and I loved Komatta Toki ni wa Hoshi ni Kike!, so I'm definitely interested.
Apr 28, 2015 10:43 PM

Sep 2014
OH MY FU*KING GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ONE OF THE BEST YAOI IMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FANBOYING RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 28, 2015 10:55 PM

Mar 2014
I'm feeling so tingley tangley in my naughty yaoi bits ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

mayukachan said:
Kamiyan? Why am I not surprised, LOL

I don't know. I'll read the manga and see what I think
Comic_SansApr 28, 2015 10:58 PM
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Apr 28, 2015 11:00 PM

Oct 2014
i'm soooooo happy<3
Apr 29, 2015 2:19 AM

Jun 2008
Looks like the gay agenda is real folks...
Apr 29, 2015 6:44 PM
Oct 2012
mayukachan said:
thepath said:
I hope Ren get female voice actor, and hope they change his design and make him look more feminine

no please no ;_; don't want this to be like kuroshitsuji

shota seiyuu are good enough! i'm probably off but yonaga tsubasa, or nobuhiko okamoto could work well

there's already a drama cd so they could potentially use that

Actually, Murase Ayumu (Hinata from Haikyuu) would be the perfect choice for Ren if the drama cd cast does not reprise their roles (The Hakkenden Drama CD cast is different from the anime cast)

Murase is Japanese-American and speaks English fluently and there are instances where Ren speaks English in the manga so it's a perfect match.
ecargmuraApr 29, 2015 6:47 PM
Apr 29, 2015 6:45 PM

Jul 2012
hikatei said:
Actually, Murase Ayumu (Hinata from Haikyuu) would be the perfect choice for Ren if the drama cd cast does not reprise their roles (The Hakkenden Drama CD cast is different from the anime cast)

Murase is Japanese-American and speaks English fluently and there are instances where Ren speaks English in the manga so it's a perfect match.

haha I can see that working out well.

i've heard a few of murase's english vids. they're hilarious xD
Apr 29, 2015 8:40 PM

Sep 2010
Will watch!
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Apr 30, 2015 11:37 AM

Jan 2013
Oh god I readed the first part of this manga like 1000 years ago.
Good news I guess.
Apr 30, 2015 3:32 PM

Mar 2012
Hope it's not censored.
物事は良くなりますか ? 
Apr 30, 2015 3:45 PM
Oct 2014
DeathRebelit said:
Hope it's not censored.

I second this, not like they have any sex scenes yet.
May 1, 2015 8:48 AM

Jun 2008
O~h, when I saw the cover in the news post, I recognised the art style~ I think this one has been in my PTR for a long while, but apparently it still isn't finished yet... (ノ∀`) Although it will seemingly still take time until I'll get to this title, in this case I appreciate an anime instead of maybe a live action, because then the adaption could at least (try to) make use of the art, which I'm fond of. (Then again, they may be more likely to show age gaps in animated format than with real people...) I'm not getting my hopes up for a TV anime, though.
By the way, didn't this one and the of course already mentioned honto yajuu always make up the titles that were brought up most often for a potential anime adaption on MAL? I guess that means one more to go... ヽ(´ー`)ノ and more, and more...
May 1, 2015 1:49 PM

May 2012
~haters gonna hate

we need more BL anime from good works like Super Lovers~

the art is gorgeous :)
May 2, 2015 5:43 AM

Mar 2008
i'm trying not to be picky...but, whenever haru makes a move on ren there will always c*blocker lol (oops, kinda spoiler-ish)

May 7, 2015 2:20 AM
Jul 2018
bele88 said:
~haters gonna hate

we need more BL anime from good works like Super Lovers~

the art is gorgeous :)

True.
May 8, 2015 12:02 AM

Nov 2013
Yes! There really needs to be more BL adaptions.
May 9, 2015 11:38 AM

Jun 2008
Yaiy! Great news :3
May 10, 2015 11:01 AM

Jul 2013
I've read this till the last update. So those that got disturbed by the age gap, they only kiss because the seme waits for the uke to turn 18. Though even if he turns 18 the seme will get older lol. The uke is somewhat a kuudere and it has a slow pacing that I think suited it perfectly. It's a great manga IMO so I'm really happy because this is one of my favorites. It's time they stop disappointing BL fans with short OVAs and start doing full series. Even if it's one cour I'm sure the fujoshis would be delighted.
May 26, 2015 11:18 AM

Apr 2014
Definetely going to give this one a try, sounds good.
May 26, 2015 7:48 PM

Mar 2009
hikatei said:

I second this. Ayumu for Ren!
Though I like Fukuyama Jun and Ono Daisuke as the twins, mostly likely Drama CD cast will not reprise their roles

May 26, 2015 7:54 PM

Apr 2014
F_94 said:
Looks okay, but i'll watch it cuz BL.

lol, that's my new quote...

and cool. Haven't read this one in a while...
Ha. Ha. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA.
I'm laughing because you got hurt.
May 27, 2015 7:22 AM

Dec 2009
OH MY GOD I AM SO HAPPY TT____TT

+++++ayumu for Ren!!!!!!! PLOX.
May 29, 2015 8:08 AM

Jul 2013
Not read the manga but sounds like a cool plot.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

30 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.