Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 27, 2015 4:53 AM

Dec 2014
How do they even digest, do they just excretion exactly the things they eat without becoming shit?
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Apr 27, 2015 7:16 AM

Jan 2015
Indeed. What kind of retard would design androids to actually need to run on food rather than fuel or electricity, considering the unnecessary complexity and inefficiency of the digestive process. And if Giftia do not need to eat, then they should just give food to charity or something. But the answer to this one seems to be that, yes, they do mimic the human digestive system. This is why we see Isla having the urge to go to the toilet (in the first ep).

Questions like this, regarding the mechanics of Giftia, have occurred to me as well. (The most obnoxious one being why the Giftia have a time limit in the first place.) Right now, these are being brushed aside in favor of the plot. It's just weird that none of the characters are bringing these up. Because of this, I can't help but notice how artificial the story is.
Apr 27, 2015 10:45 AM
Apr 2015
supracseduch said:

Questions like this, regarding the mechanics of Giftia, have occurred to me as well. (The most obnoxious one being why the Giftia have a time limit in the first place.) Right now, these are being brushed aside in favor of the plot. It's just weird that none of the characters are bringing these up. Because of this, I can't help but notice how artificial the story is.

We're only 4 episodes in, they probably will go over the questions.

Also, I don't think they eat, I think they drink because Isla clearly had to pee in episode 1 which is only caused by drinking, and no Giftias have been shown eating thusfar
May 7, 2015 6:57 AM
May 2015
I've said this in another thread, but I don't think they are robots as we'd consider them. I think its probable that they are physically human, or just about, rather than actual machines.
Shameless plugging a review site I help out with: http://www.almostmainstream.net
Jun 8, 2015 12:55 PM

Jun 2010

You're only assuming they don't need to crap.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 13, 2015 2:41 PM

May 2015
cant remember ever seeing them eat. so i dont think they do.
And i assume they are able to have sex either? Michiru was so on Tsukasa about not doing anything perverted to Isla. what is she talking about then?
Jun 13, 2015 8:49 PM

Jun 2014
Trios said:
cant remember ever seeing them eat. so i dont think they do.
And i assume they are able to have sex either? Michiru was so on Tsukasa about not doing anything perverted to Isla. what is she talking about then?

Dude they totally eat. Rewatch episode 11 you can totally see Zack eating a hamburger.
Jun 14, 2015 2:48 AM

Dec 2014
HootyTooter said:
Eat, cry, feel their own hearts racing.

Intriguing, but it's obvious now that we won't be getting any answers. Not unless there's a second season at any rate.

Get the impression the writers have not put any thought at all into how Giftias function. The fact that they're "androids" with a lifespan on their personalities is just a handy plot device for feels.

True. I seriously don't know how they rate manga. How they get serialization despite hundred out there are far better than these.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Jun 14, 2015 3:59 AM

May 2015
Thai777 said:

Dude they totally eat. Rewatch episode 11 you can totally see Zack eating a hamburger.

Just watched the episode, yeah they clearly eat.
May 17, 2020 11:01 PM
Nov 2019
I rather say they are some kind of human clone in complex mechanism than android...
May 17, 2020 11:33 PM

Jul 2019
Can a show just be a show like it's literally a work of fiction, no need to point out the small stuff
Jun 9, 2020 6:06 PM

Sep 2013
They are Androids, not Robots. They have biological 'parts' most likely skin, thus requiring assorted support functions for that. These too would mostly (not all) be biological.
Thus they need food! And rest! And healing from injury.

It isn't illogical at all. They're made to be just like humans in every way (except lifespan) so having bio-parts is probably a lot easier than mimicking them mechanically.

There's PLENTY of other flaws with this 'universe' to worry about such a minor and easily explained on as this (yes, they poop too!).

More topics from this board

» Are they really Android?

Animo_san - Apr 13

0 by Animo_san »»
Apr 13, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2015

534 by Moonlit_whisper1 »»
Mar 22, 12:13 PM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2015

547 by Penguinu »»
Jan 16, 2:07 AM

» Plastic memories

Golden__Darkness - May 16, 2015

8 by Shinetizinho »»
Jan 13, 6:25 PM

» How did you feel while watching this and what impression did the anime leave on you? ( 1 2 )

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

50 by maximovich »»
Jan 12, 2:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.