Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Volume 7 Discussion


#1
Apr 26, 2015 5:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 12956
THIS IS A NOVEL ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS VOLUME.
----------------------------------------
The maturity level of the series definitely rose quite a bit as the antagonist this volume is a Goddess who controls the red-light district of Orario, and whose Familia consists of Amazonesses engaged sexual businesses. The new heroine Haruhime is also a "prostitute," but luckily she is still pure. I really loved how Hestia's Familia is finally growing, but Mikoto found out about her 200 million Varisu debt and revealed it to potential applicants, scaring them all off lol. Hermes is such a troll though, giving Bell some Viagra when they're at the red-light district. But damn, Bell has definitely become noticeably stronger recently, I'm looking forward to when he starts to take on much stronger opponents, especially with the help of Haruhime's level boosting magic.
 
#2
May 2, 2015 7:15 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 110
LastChapter said:
THIS IS A NOVEL ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS VOLUME.
----------------------------------------
The maturity level of the series definitely rose quite a bit as the antagonist this volume is a Goddess who controls the red-light district of Orario, and whose Familia consists of Amazonesses engaged sexual businesses. The new heroine Haruhime is also a "prostitute," but luckily she is still pure. I really loved how Hestia's Familia is finally growing, but Mikoto found out about her 200 million Varisu debt and revealed it to potential applicants, scaring them all off lol. Hermes is such a troll though, giving Bell some Viagra when they're at the red-light district. But damn, Bell has definitely become noticeably stronger recently, I'm looking forward to when he starts to take on much stronger opponents, especially with the help of Haruhime's level boosting magic.


Hearing this makes me want to support the light novels in america i am loving the anime/manga so far. But never read the LN hearing about each volume making me want ot read soooo badly XD. I can't wait for the anime or manga to get that far
 
#3
Jun 13, 2015 12:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 5904
So Haruhime really joined. Somehow, i think it would have been more interesting to really have her "soiled" as she was calling herself, rather than being a misunderstanding.

The tone of that volume was quite more mature than the previous one, indeed.

That run in the street again was almost comical considering what was as stake though x). Bell's worst nightmare ever I'd say :D. And Hermes was lookign at that amused, damn that guy~

A lot of focus on Mikoto in this one, for the first time, and that's welcome, because she proved to be awesome. That attack in the smoke, followed by the suicidal attack, woot. Even Ottarl recognised what she did there, and I don't think it's easy to have his acknowledgement x).

Rather than Bell's final fight, I think the most interesting part of the battle after Mikoto exited the scene was simply Freiya's familia members attack. I knew her familia was strong, but are all those 7 (the cat people (confirmed), the 2 elves/dark elves (confirmed I think?)and the 4 pallum) level 6? With Ottarl on top of this being the strongest being in the city? Suddenly, Loki familia almost looks weak, they are clearly one level behind , literally.
The poor level 3 were crushed like flies one after another, how frightening. I "almost" pitied Ishtarl's only level 5 at the end, despite all her deeds >_<. Honnestly, not sure than just moving up of a level for everyone would have been enough to take on such ridiculous forces. Ishtarl only had one 5 and one 4 after all, so all others would have moved up to 4 at best with the boost...
 
#4
Jan 23, 2017 12:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 411
Indeed, quite a darker volume.

And I'm surprised at how easy it is to get rid of a god... just kill the "mortal" body so he autoheals and ring the cheat alarm?
Baka-Tsuki discord server
 
#5
Apr 16, 2017 8:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 354
I know it's really interesting. I didn't expect the series to get this dark, exploring the pleasure quarter and the slavery in Ortaria. Poor Bell, having to bear witness the poor Haruhime. Though for some reason I'm really getting irritated at the Gods trying to win him over everytime. There's the silver haired Goddess, Apollo, and now Ishtar.

And for some reason I feel like the 200Million debt was used to troll us. I was like, yay Hestia Familia is getting new members, and there's even the flag raised by the two ex apollo members, and then next moment mikoto comes and then boom. All gone. That was a really wtf moment, kinda funny, but really abrupt.
 
#6
May 13, 2017 6:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 131
Done reading. Everything just flow beautifully. More bell's fight scene brought more joy to us reader. And more insight towards other familia. interestingly, the last few chapter in this volume, two or three major scene played at the same time. The illustration of angered ottar and his fight scene with phryne, I just could not imagine how epic it would be if animated, not to mention the top eight freya's familia surrounding phryne in her last moment.
 
#7
Jun 25, 2017 11:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 397
Sometimes I am irritated by the "light heartedness" of the series. The author tends to avoid confirming deaths or even provide nitty gritty details of combat such as blood splatter dripping down from walls.

As tragic as it would've been, Haruhime's background regarding sex with many men should've been true (imo), for her character would've provided a lesson for Bell; you won't always make it time. The real saving he would be doing after he brings her in would be a long process taking years.
 
#8
Oct 22, 2017 3:39 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 16
derprume said:
Sometimes I am irritated by the "light heartedness" of the series. The author tends to avoid confirming deaths or even provide nitty gritty details of combat such as blood splatter dripping down from walls.

As tragic as it would've been, Haruhime's background regarding sex with many men should've been true (imo), for her character would've provided a lesson for Bell; you won't always make it time. The real saving he would be doing after he brings her in would be a long process taking years.


It did provide a lesson for Bell. Most of the novel for as long as he's known of her, he assumes it's true she's slept with many men and that ( along with indecision) is what kept him from reacting or fighting for her till the end.

Establishing her as a virgin was probably more for the readers sake than Bells, who already found it too late to protect her purity but wanted to save her from the bad situation anyways.

It's like beauty and the beast, sure it would have been more realistic if he stayed a beast but it doesn't really add anything for him to stay a beast vs returning to a human. The lesson has already been learned, no need to keep it sad.

If you want something consistently dark, read re:zero or goblin slayer and have fun getting those images out of your head -_-
 
#9
Dec 3, 2017 2:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 89
where can I find the volume online?
 
Apr 14, 11:19 AM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 3
Overall I thought that was a good volume, although its quite a lot darker than the others so far.

It centers around the night district and a new character "Sanjyouno Haruhime" a fox girl from this words japan region. She ended up getting sold into slavery and bought by a goddess of beauty and put to "work" in a brothel.

Her race can naturally use magic and if a ritual is performed that magic can be taken from her and given to many people (killing her in the process). Apparently they tried to complete the ritual 3 years ago but someone (another lady of the night) stepped in and stopped it. Its taken 3 years to get the required item to try again. If we assume it took about 3 years to acquire the item the first time around as well then she would have been there for close to 6 years.

My only issue with that is at the end it is revealed she never slept with anyone??? She spent at least 3 years there probably closer to 6... And to make matters worse she faints whenever she sees a mans body. Which means for 6 YEARS people who visit a brothel, pay for her services, find she passes out when they have half undressed and then just walk away...

I'm sorry I know its a little thing but I can't get my head around that.
 
Apr 19, 7:41 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 1535
Dakuisha said:
Overall I thought that was a good volume, although its quite a lot darker than the others so far.

It centers around the night district and a new character "Sanjyouno Haruhime" a fox girl from this words japan region. She ended up getting sold into slavery and bought by a goddess of beauty and put to "work" in a brothel.

Her race can naturally use magic and if a ritual is performed that magic can be taken from her and given to many people (killing her in the process). Apparently they tried to complete the ritual 3 years ago but someone (another lady of the night) stepped in and stopped it. Its taken 3 years to get the required item to try again. If we assume it took about 3 years to acquire the item the first time around as well then she would have been there for close to 6 years.

My only issue with that is at the end it is revealed she never slept with anyone??? She spent at least 3 years there probably closer to 6... And to make matters worse she faints whenever she sees a mans body. Which means for 6 YEARS people who visit a brothel, pay for her services, find she passes out when they have half undressed and then just walk away...

I'm sorry I know its a little thing but I can't get my head around that.



She's 16 years old and
She was with ishatar since she was 11 so 5 years and it states somewhere they taught her and gave her tips to attract customers and she had guards so customers couldn't do away with her unless they want to be tracked down by the familia so they ran off .

And due to her skill and being the trump card for ishatars plan hariuhime was sheltered and protected .

Besides she wasn't brought to be prostitute . She was tended to be a sacrifice

Modified by Mattinator95, Apr 19, 8:18 AM
 
Top